Hey IPS niggas, how's the glowing going?

Hey IPS niggas, how's the glowing going?

Attached: VA MASTERRACE.jpg (1599x564, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/dell-3007wfp-49781/review
uk.pcmag.com/tvs/25848/dell-ultrasharp-widescreen-3007wfp
pcworld.idg.com.au/review/dell/ultrasharp_3007wfp-hc/221459/
dell.com/community/Monitors/3007WFP-HC-yellowish-backlight-backlight-bleed/td-p/3015988
techgage.com/article/dell_ultrasharp_3007wfp-hc_wide-screen/2/
us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48223/~/ips-bleeding-explained
youtube.com/watch?v=JIpVnzkkov8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*bleeds backlight*

LMFAOOOO IPS NIGGAS BTFO

Attached: 32f.jpg (600x578, 30K)

>spooky glow

Attached: 20171107204504560.png (740x282, 817K)

even tn panels dont suffer from this
how do you go to ips glow than to screen burn in with oled cant they just get it right

fuck, now i want play l4d2

L4d3 when?

valve can't count to 3.
But, you can play World War Z.
or be patient for Back 4 Blood (from l4d studio : Turtles Rock Studio)

Fine cause I'm not blind and use it at 0% brightness

You stop buying chinkshit cheap IPS. If you're going to be cheap just buy a TN or VA. My 2007 manufactured Dell 3007 WFP doesn't have this issue.

Hopefully microLED manages to be viable, since it should be a strict upgrade over LCD and OLED.

all ips panels have this issue lol

Before buying a screen, just buy skills...

Attached: full of noobs.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

According to this retarded board, maybe. No board on this site knows less about its subject than Jow Forums

How's the black smearing va nigger?

>My 2007 manufactured Dell 3007 WFP doesn't have this issue.
Bullshit. You've just gotten so used to it that you don't even realize there's a whole world of displays out there that don't have these problems. Typing on a U2715H (not HM), which is a newer, better quality Dell than yours, and it still has these problems (and that was after I exchanged twice to get the best possible panel).

Feel free to look at numerous reviews online about your monitor though if you don't believe me.

techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/dell-3007wfp-49781/review
>washed out blacktones

uk.pcmag.com/tvs/25848/dell-ultrasharp-widescreen-3007wfp
>backlight uniformity could be better

pcworld.idg.com.au/review/dell/ultrasharp_3007wfp-hc/221459/
>some contrast and color issues

dell.com/community/Monitors/3007WFP-HC-yellowish-backlight-backlight-bleed/td-p/3015988

techgage.com/article/dell_ultrasharp_3007wfp-hc_wide-screen/2/

etc

It will, eventually. There is zero reason to doubt it. If the industry wanted to make a large format display for further viewing distances then it would be possible already, as there are many professional AV solutions that have small enough dot pitch to be indistinguishable at a their designated distance. And their color range and accuracy can reach 100% rec.2020 already.

Have you ever even seen an OLED TV?

Try this: Hold up your goddamn phone next to your monitor and display the exact same picture.

>IPS monitors consist of multiple layers that are meticulously superimposed at different angles. Slight deviations in the layering can cause pressure inside the display that can slightly displace the liquid crystals. As a result, more light can penetrate in some places than in others. The resulting light areas are what is referred to as backlight bleeding.

>Acer is committed to high quality standards in the production of products, and develops technologies that minimize these impacts on users. Unfortunately at this time, it is not technically possible to exclude bleeding one hundred percent.

>Additional Technical Information:

>IPS bleeding (aka IPS glow, back light bleeding or AHVA glow) is different from backlight light leakage and is a natural effect of an IPS panel's liquid crystal (LC) structure and makes the colors at the corner of screen distort when viewing dark images.

>It occurs during the production of IPS panels when its unique manufacturing process causes an LC pre-tilt angle, so when you see it from a different angle, you'll see a different part of the LC with different color distortion caused by different RGB (Red, Green, Blue) transmittance.

us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48223/~/ips-bleeding-explained

Some monitors probably do things to mitigate the bleeding but I doubt it can be eliminated if you use IPS.

>can't even finish with all survivors

Your Dell was made before the saturation of the market and the race to the bottom
Having an IPS panel used to be a big thing and quality control was better as they where suppose to be a somewhat premium option
Now since IPS has so much mindshare in the PC market, that is all that everyone wants and manufacturers have decided to put quality control down the shitter to give people what they want

yep, coz a ruiner glitched the final.

*rings bell*
salivates

>my ips monitor doesn't suffer from ips glow
Classic. And my TN monitor has IPS like colors and viewing angles, I swear!
Dell ultrasharp pic related btw

Attached: 3PvgwRd.jpg (3264x2448, 775K)

IPS cucks absolutely btfo

>it's another poorfag trying to shit on products he can't afford

still correct with a 10yo ol' philips

Attached: l4d.jpg (5376x3024, 1.32M)

Not sure, my dual IPS monitor setup is looking quite fine over the dual TN monitors setup where colors/viewing angles are fucked up and unviewable.

Don't bother, it's just a poorfag trying to rationalize his poorfag purchase. Camera shots at certain lighting make backlight look a lot worse than it really is to the naked eye, and IPS has objectively far better colors than a TN can offer.

t. buyer remorse

Attached: lets go.jpg (5376x3024, 1.2M)

>Implying IPS comes at a premium anymore
even sub $100 monitors are IPS now, shitting on IPS has nothing to do with being a poorfag

fuck sake not everyone here is a NEET :(
next time host the server during a friday

i don't work the monday............
:(

Let's retry this week end

Those would be cheap, poorly designed IPS monitors, like the ones from AliExpress. Naturally you're stupid enough to believe they're all the same.

>va master race
>colors look like a phone display from 2005
>master race

They are IPS monitors none the less and they run contrary to whatever nigger implied that IPS is only for non-poorfags

if you're not a neet then why the fuck are you trying to play games with degenerates on Jow Forums

WTF Time to quitter cette life of mine.

i'm waiting for MLED monitors

t. idiot who doesn't understand anything about the technology.

huh ? can translate?

The problem with microled is it's too big and there's no good way to make it smaller. We're more likely to have a breakthrough in OLED technology before they figure out how to shrink down a billion LED's and put them on a desktop monitor.

Please don't tell me you're bragging about the GTG response times of an LCD panel.

32 inch 4k VA panel, 95%DCI-P3

$350

Response times tend to be worse on VA. But in other cases there tends to be a lot of smearing within darker content. I know because I had one before and it smeared wherever it was black.

The true is all LCD panels suck. You just have to pick the one with the least amount of issues. Although if you buy a tn panel you are a dumbass that deserves to be raped.

Refresh rate though and does it come with any sync technology?

Welcome to old miss-information.

VA BTFOs IPS

Attached: 11[1].png (1440x1000, 75K)

We'll it depends on the panel just like IPS. Just the top two viotek panels alone have terrible calibrations within the panels and none of the monitors settings changes that. You have to buy an actual calibration tool to fix the problems in Viotek panels which can cost you another 200 or so dollars, if you want reliable equipment.

Then there's viewing angles...

>Response times tend to be worse on VA
>smeared wherever it was black
I think this difference is very tiny and not anywhere near comparable to the major flaws of TN and IPS. And you still have the visual artifact present from GTG response time on TN and IPS so you don't get to enjoy that either.

Meanwhile OLED has perfect blacks, perfect colors, 0,1ms pixel response time and new lg ones have 6ms of input lag in 120hz mode. And extra bonus, it triggers poorfags and similar samshit va subhumans.

>0,1ms pixel response time
I heard there is still ghosting specially in dark/bright changes

but user, my IPS is 0.3 ms input lag

And it burns in after half a year. Fucking kill yourself, OLED isn't for monitors where you have lots of static stuff.

muh blacks
buy oled fucking moron ass retard

Attached: 63.png (506x510, 361K)

Pretty based explanation desu, for a consumer tech corp.

Burns in
Yellow tint

Eh, I prefer better colours to lack of bleed because I never play in the dark.

but consider this, joled printing panels now
so let's assume OLED monitor will cost $200
I wouldn't mind buying new one once every 1.5-2 years for that money

than do not shill fucking useless garbage VA traash

calibration is a literal meme unless you NEED accuracy for specific types of work

at least youre thinking for yourself and weighing what you actually value, unlike all the meme spouting redditor parrots in these threads

>ips
I only use plasma and oled

Attached: 1555638502236.jpg (346x364, 15K)

Tiny flaw compared to the visual artifact from slow GTG response time present on all LCD panels
Tiny flaw compared to infinite contrast and perfect black depth next to the comically poor levels on TN/IPS
Overall OLED is a much better tech than LCD if you can afford to replace them when they burn in or burn out
This is pretty much it. There's just not enough options for OLED. That tells us the tech is still a little premature in its timeline. I don't know who buys these expensive ass TV's. If I had that kinda money to blow on a TV I'd get a laser projector instead. Fucking plebs buying expensive ass TV's when laser projectors shit on them in almost every display characteristic You gonna go buy a 77" LG C9 for $7000 when you can get a bigger better laser projector? Scrub.
On IPS? You're not getting better colors. You're getting better color accuracy. Huge difference there.
VA is pretty nice actually.

My Shittian Crapleap has it, and it's got an Apple 27" panel.
My Asus 279 something has it, and it's a $1000 monitor, thought they definitely had backlight issues that Asus acknowledged.

What are you retarded? When I mean calibration I mean any given towards the panel, which sadly is lacking in vioteks. If you have a gamma rating of only 1.8, and can't adjust it due to the jack shit settings menu of the panel, then it is a garbage panel that needs calibration done. Unfortunately though, even if you were to calibrate with proper tooling, there's no guarantee that the settings in the OS will stick to whatever application your using them in. Meaning that the default settings may apply and you lose all the benefits of calibration.

Here have a watch: youtube.com/watch?v=JIpVnzkkov8

Gookposting should be a banable offense

No panel is perfect. It's time for the industry to step up their fucking game. I wish they'd put as much effort into monitors as in TVs.

Hey /V/tArd, how's the ghosting going?

>effort
What fucking effort? TVs is a fucking garbage.

Pretty good!

Attached: AOC-C24G1-Tests-1.jpg (1080x616, 114K)

16:10 VA, does it exist?!

?

Yeah, Dell pays a lot for their monitor marketing.
Every second film has them, and every website tests and rates them quite high.

Almost unnoticeable. I rarely have so much black on my screen.

I used to have a 1920x1200 VA panel. Only replaced it because it died after 5 years or so. Don't think they exist now.

i think he means integrated instagram filters which are sadly missing from monitors

>Desecrating this goddess by looking at her through disgusting oled technology
you're a disgrace and you will burn in hell

fucking shills
just fuck off

Attached: 1434050427481.gif (458x438, 103K)

>niggas
>niggas
The word is nigger. N I G G E R. This isn't reddit.

I bought two 144hz 1440p acer ips, and a 1080p ips from nia something.

Looked fantastic, no complaints.

>play outward, video game
>super fucking dark, but you can still see
>cant see anything because fucking Ips glow

for black colors, IPS is shit. And the glow I have is minimum, kind if agitated me to be honest.

>TVs is a fucking garbage
You clearly haven't seem a modern TV
Even a cheap VA panel 4k TV can keep up if not outperform lots of IPS monitors in color coverage and even accuracy and almost by default a VA TV will have 5x the contrast of IPS
Even input lag/response time measurements are just fine considering most are still 60hz with a few being 120hz and they do all of this while being pretty cheap for what you are getting
TV makers do put forth more effort into TVs than monitor makers fucking do with monitors and it's really a shame

Attached: 1547407745815.png (1619x1293, 839K)

Imagine not looking at a completely black screen in a completely black room.
Crazy, I know.

They should be using VA for VR
That last shot is a pretty good result
Certainly going to look better than the bottom of the barrel tier TN shit they are deploying in next gen VR devices like index, WMR 2.0 and Rift S
It's too bad you can't adjust strobe crosstalk on that AOC like on the BenQ monitors

VA outperform IPS

Attached: 1557161658630.png (669x514, 25K)

Sometimes it does
Was there something wrong with the image posted?

Accurate colors hardly matter when it's limited to a few degrees head-on, and they shift all over the place if you move even a little bit.

Keep grasping on those viewing angles, it's all IPS has left

Get a load oh that nigga

Buying an IPS monitor (Nixeus EDG V2) soon and fucking terrified of this, is it really a big deal or only noticeable when going out of one's way to produce it?

>Hey IPS niggas, how's the glowing going?
No eye damage caused by flickering
Cope harder harry potter

>even TN panels don't suffer from an issue from specific technology they don't have
Are you a wizard?

I'm very happy with my VA panels, the black levels are wonderful and I've got no backlight bleed at all.

I've got a 400 nits VA panel in my ThinkPad and its excellent, I've started replacing my desktops TN panels with VA also.

Attached: PANO_20190502_183830.vr.jpg (2826x1667, 806K)

Also if I use dark themes in a dark room is this a loaded gun to my head? Really don't want to have to return it and start my research over with a TN panel that has worse picture quality

Cameras make it worse than it looks irl because the people who take the pictures don't know what settings they should be using to take an accurate picture
BLB is an issue for high refreshrate monitors, though

BLB seems to be covered under warranty as I mentioned in my deleted post (don't like replying to myself a million times) but thanks, a bit more confident now. I hear settings can also be adjusted to minimize it without really affecting picture quality but then they should really be done by default

>french scum
don't you have to check if you are getting some plaza bombed or people shot?

Assuming you're American, posts like this are why we're a global laughing stock

Yup, I agree, it's why some IPS panels cost an insane amount, I'm talking +1k$ because they get factory tested and calibrated to have minimal BLB
Like, I didn't see the BLB in the top left at all and it only showed up in photos with my shitty phone cam
I did end up sending it back because of the horrible G2G times, though

Attached: 2019-04-18_21-31-33.png (1589x934, 1.37M)

Personally I feel past 1k you're paying for meme technology you'll never use rather than quality. The one I'm buying is $400 but apparently better than models that go k to 600s for whatever that's worth

>french scum thinks only americunts know who they are
got bad news for you kid. But if it makes you feel any better, yeah, I'm some random ameritard or would you perhaps prefer me to be a britbong?

No I'm a self-loathing burger who's becoming increasingly aware of how shit the US is compared to non-Portugal/UK western Europe. France is definitely better than here but the people are complete cunts