How to get rid of watercooling addiction?

how to get rid of watercooling addiction?

Attached: sd0pl586mpf01.jpg (3456x3456, 941K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vodka cool

Wow look at that, another black and white themed hardline PC thats almost identical to every other black and white themed hardline pc

Negative reinforcement via water cooler usage.

Or positive reinforcement via air cooler usage.

something that's perfect and beautiful in every way the first ten times won't be a mistake the 11th time, jelly no-case-window loser

Is there any benefits to having a water tank in your pc? Isnt a dual radiator enough?

Wish I could afford it
And get over my fear of water blasting and killing everything

sell watercooled parts
buy aircooled parts

Makes filling stuff up much easier and people use it for aesthetic. Otherwise there's no real purpose to it despite what waterfoolers will say

Buy NH-D15

Only sink your money into custom water cooling if you have an extra $600 to burn. It looks really cool but functionally water cooling only becomes profitable at the super computing level and even then it's used in conjunction with an eastern air system. Not to mention a custom system risks damages which will void every other components warranty. But hey, if you've got the cash to burn don't let a bunch of broke fags tell you what to do!

It's not really water, is it?

it's another "black and white - ek sponsored build in a corsair case/lian li pc-o11 with gskill trident z with corsair ll fans with cablemod black/white cables with hardline tubing" build.

first off, There's absolutely 0 personality to these builds, just purely unoriginal and clinical.

secondly, what the fuck is going on with that reservoir? it looks absolutely retarded.

lastly, what a colossal waste of money putting two 1080ti's in sli. I guarantee you this guy has the second card disabled 90% of the time in order to do anything useful with this system. I had two vega 64 lc's in crossfire and it ran everything like absolute dogshit.

This build just screams "I have money because I live at home with mommy and daddy who pay my bills while I work at walmart and I couldn't pull an intelligent idea out of my ass if my life depended on it"

post yours

>only becomes profitable at the super computing level
but my CPU oc's better when it's very cool.
i.e. i have a big external radiator that keeps it at room temperature under all loads. if i turn the radiator's fans off though then the water temp rises by about 10 degrees above room temp and the CPU overclocks less despite only being at 40 deg celcius instead of 30deg celcius

its easy. just buy a noctua NH-U12A and realize it outperforms everything that isn't a bathtub size radiator loop.
>but it looks bad
the case goes under the desk, so why would you care about looks?

Are you retarded? Even the most basic bitch 240mm kits from 5 years ago beats the U12A handily. The D15S is a big meme that's almost on par with aluminum AIOs, not actual loops which are almost all copper

Based

>t. poorfag
You can call them boring people, and they largely are, but most of the people who bother to do WCing are techies who make good money and overpay on rent trying to live close to the office. The kind of person who's on a computer 8 hours at work and then comes home and knows nothing except the computer so they trick it out

extended benchmarks show otherwise :^)

Have sex

>even the really big tech shill channels like Linus now actually recommend aircooling over watercooling

There's just very little benefit for watercooled PCs.
A good aircooler will last forever, works well and modern ones are usually even pretty quiet.
Not to mention just how much cheaper they are over a watercooled solution.

I have 2 fury X's and it does have its perks. I can run games or whatever with the main card and disable crossfire on it while rendering a video or mining with the second card. For games or other things that use both cards well I enable crossfire and for some reason instead of it counting as 4gb it counts as 8gb.

I'm planning a watercooled build using copper tubing. I've got all the parts I need except the radiator. I'm looking for a thicc ass 280mm radiator, but they're hard to find in my country.

Attached: 20190228_164507.jpg (2880x2160, 1.99M)

Do a couple builds. Realize it's been 5 years since you bought a new part.
Pour money into car mods and new bikes instead.

Ez.

Attached: IMAG0047.jpg (1600x960, 401K)

why not just use the tubes as your dissipator and forget a rad

>how to get rid of watercooling addiction?

build a good aircooled PC and realise you can achieve less noise and similar temps at a fraction of the price

Surface area, lack of turbulence.
>Less noise
Wrong
>Fraction of the price
100% correct.

Your build years ago inspired me to go with Silverstone and get an FT02.

My custom loop pump is noisier than my entire previous aircooled build. Helps that my old PSU and GPU turned their fans off at low load.

what's wrong with your pump?

I find that incredibly hard to believe. I can hardly tell if my D5 is on unless my ear is touching it, maybe your pump was shit.

>Helps that my old PSU and GPU turned their fans off at low load.
Enjoy your fried caps.

Console faggot detected.

Watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk

>AIO
Not real water cooling.
>Tiny pump
>Tiny water capacity
>Tiny rad with high FPI
>Cost 3x as much as a competent air cooler

Buy Noctua.

What pump? My HDD is louder than my pump on medium.

/thread

These builds are so expensive yet so generic and uninspired. Same fucking colorscheme, layout, parts, etc.
I'd rather have an aircooled PC with a set of fully custom MDPC sleeving with perfect bends tailored to fit a specific case.
This fucker spent so much in hardware and watercooling parts and then bought these shitty extensions that fit like ass.

And that glowing Corsair logo just ruins everything.

Wait until the first leak that kills at least one component.

that happens? i've been running the same custom loop for 5 years with no leaks. haven't even needed to clean it or change the liquid in that time

I'm not him, but I think that build looks horrible. But I prefer non led-fans, non sleeved cables, non led-ram and not running milk in the loop.
>>Less noise
>Wrong
Highly doubt that. Maybe under full load on a very high-end system.
Well, that depends a lot on how noisy your enviroment is
That is nothing to brag about, HDDs are loud as fuck. Had two decoupled from my extra insulated case with rubber bands, still the loudest component by far in that build.

Passive cooling and all SSD storage is the true joy of computing. Pick related

Forgot to upload pic, and forgot that there's no K in pic.

Attached: vyXH2IN.jpg (1310x2328, 594K)

>dat torque exerted on the motherboard

It's not even heavy, probably weights under 1 kilo.
Never heard about anyone having problems with heavy coolers on motherboards.

I would honestly rather have this build than the watercooled one in OP.

If I'm seeing correctly, you don't have a single fan or moving component in your build. So why the dampening material?

I originally had fans in it.
I'm not running that setup now either.
That case (Fractal Meshify C) was quite a lot hotter than my old Fractal ARC so I went back to that. I also swapped the GPU for a semi-passive Asus RTX 2070 Strix and I really hate it, it makes strange noises when the fans are starting/stopping, but it's actually quite quiet when the fans are moving. Also running a NH-D15 with two fans and
casefans, all below 350rpm so they are barely audible.
I'm considering going back to fully passive as I much prefer that user experience compared to a activly or semi passivly cooled system.

Attached: Capture.png (636x793, 54K)

95% of the time it's a mounting error, but yes, it isn't that uncommon.

I'm also running an NH-D15 but on a 9900K housefire, inside a Define R5, no case fans, passive PSU.
450rpm idle but of course when ingame that's like 1200rpm.

With Zen 2 release I think we'll be able to passively cool a fast 8 core gaming CPU.
It'd be really cool to have a fully inaudible gaming PC during high loads but unfortunately that's impossible with high-end GPUs.

Attached: Capture.png (638x793, 49K)

god that looks like shit, i heard that cooler is garbage too.

Protip: Water-cooling is air cooling. You are just adding in more heat capacity before you reach saturation.

What does this mean? Under long sustained loads Water-cooling is not any more efficient than air cooling. Under light sporadic loads (such as when browsing the web) the Water-cooling loop will absorb the heat spike, thus keeping the temps stable in the short term.

Tldr: Water-cooling takes longer to get hot and takes longer to cool down

>can't even align the cable clips together

what happens if I stick my weewee into that thing when it's running???
that StP thing looks gaudy, what's with that? Improvised shrouds to hide cables?

Yeah, high-end GPU draw way too much power, I think like 65-70watt is the maximum amount of heat a Arctic Cooling Accelero can comfortably cool in a case. The new GTX 1650 is probably the best GPU to cool passivly today. Had the Palit GTX 1050ti before my RTX 2070 and it throtteled hard with the stock cooler, but ran at full boost with the Accelero.
I've played witht the thought of cutting a big hole on the side panel and cover it with some mesh, would be a very easy operation that could give a much better cooling potential.
One thing thing I'm also thinking is if a really silent oriented case with low speed Noctuas would be quieter than a open one without fans. Coilwhine and other electrical noises would be more damped, but the fans would still make some noise.
Well, it has a solid side-panel so who cares. The cooler was good enough to cool around 80watts, so it was possible to run my delidded and undervolted I7 8700 at 4.3ghz on all cores in games, but like 3.2ghz for AVX linpack.
Nothing, it's just a big heatsink, it doesn't move at all. It gets quite hot, but it's not like it will burn you either.
The STP material is some kind of bitumen to reduce vibrations in the case from my fans and loudspeakers.

Increases thermal capacity, meaning the loop won't heat up as quickly as it would otherwise, though the terminal temperature remains the same.

this

Attached: pc.webm (960x544, 2.7M)

Water cooling shouldn't take more than a few minutes to hit stable temps, maybe 10-15 if you have a ridiculous oversized reservoir. Fact is the typical 240mm custom rad has more surface area than the d15 that's just a fact. Anyone who claims a d15 is as good is a fool and you can stick it on a threadripper and overclock it to see how much better a custom loop would perform

The air goes trough the cpu and vrm and alreadly warm into the gpu then to the radiator and reservoir. How effective is this?

Was this live?

Turbulence.

Mineral oil cooling

Attached: IMG_0016.JPG.edf091b9e6a6e9aee0069c811d98053a.jpg (1600x1197, 324K)

>Well, it has a solid side-panel so who cares. The cooler was good enough to cool around 80watts, so it was possible to run my delidded and undervolted I7 8700 at 4.3ghz on all cores in games, but like 3.2ghz for AVX linpack.

god you sound like such a shill right now.

12 nofan points have been deposited to your cooling account.

Not him but generally it should be fine. GPUs cool more than CPUs by far. If you stuck something like a d15 on a GPU it would probably be like twice as effective

More efficiently

You can't fix brain damage.

But that's the thing. At least half of all watercooled PCs on partpicker aren't even custom loops.

I was into muh RGB gaymer shit.
Pic related.
But now I turned off the LEDs and blacked out the side pannel.
A custom loop has unparalleled temps to noise ratio.
This loop is over 6 years old running 24/7, expensive but worth it.

Attached: IMG_20171201_012515-1.jpg (2103x1920, 1.86M)

Yeah, saying that the cooler is only 80% as good as specified and that the CPU rated at 65watts needs surgery plus tweaking to work with it sure sounds like shilling.
Find me a better passive cooler plez 4 realsis.

get addicted to drug so you'll stop being a faggot and start being a worthless junkie

Wrong.
Water soaks heat better than air by a mile.
Water heats up far slower when the same heat is applied.
I render shit for hours and hours and temps DO not increase over time. GPU/CPU will hit max temps in 1-2min and levels out.
No amount of air cooling will allow a GPU to run at 100% load for hours while maintaining sub 35C temps.

I can post temps from OCCT and MSI AB if you need proofs.

yuck, i'd only want that set up if it made carbonation sounds

.t boomer

What the fuck does that every mean?
How is Gaymer shit I liked when I was 17 Boomer related?

im just saying if i had a liquid cooled set up personally i would want bubbly noises and carbonation noises. sorry replace noises with "white noise"

Attached: 1552393829355.gif (1600x800, 713K)

I don't think you understand Custom loops.
Or anything really.
I assume you are from a 3rd world shit hole?

can a water cooling setup run for years without any touch?

im in shit hole atlanta so yeah count me in with one of the third worlders user. toothless sister fucking state /reportan'/

in all honesty though I just want to know how I can get my liquid cooling system to sound all bubbly and what not like its a fish tank for uhhh aesthetic purposes.

Attached: 1553877294826.jpg (428x424, 20K)

How audible is the incoming water to the resevoir?
Should be pretty inaudible as long as the incoming outlet is under the water level right?

liquid is cool in theory but in actual use it's entirely overrated. give me a high quality air cooler with high quality fans and i'll get better performance for far less money.

Ur correct.
As long as the outlet is below the res fluid line, it's sub 25DBA.
My HDD is louder.

>I'll get better performance for far less money.
nice cope
You'll get worse temp across the board with higher noise levels.

>Atlanta
>shithole
ha ok. Atlanta is one of the civilized spots in the southeast and great for tech without being expensive as fuck to live in.

>Atlanta
>Tech
It's a fucking hotbed for shit tier meme tech startups now who are funded by coca cola, delta, homo depot etc.... literally nothing good is out here hmmm bettercloud, bitpay, Atlanta Tech Village I call "Tech Startup Meme Building"
>do you have any idea how hard it is to commute around this hell hole?

> get Noctua fans
> realize you don't need water cooling

then again if you have money for a premium custom loop, meh, why not. the cost alone would stop me though. and the risk.

no water-cooling setup has such "noises" as you bleed air out when you install the system.

heavy coolers are only dangerous if you kick the case, or it falls down, or gets dropped, or you carry it in a car or whatever. but, there is an easy fix. lay down the case and carry it horizontal. fix'd.

Why did this happen?
Because of air in the loop, bad tubes, or bad fittings or what?

(You)

Upgrade or change things frequently. You'll get sick of hard tubing real soon at the very least.

I went fully passive until I realized I could hear all the coil whine. It drove me mad.

tempted to watercool with my piss as the coolant. what would happen in the long run with this?

>copper tubing.
Sexy.

Attached: 1552323497282.jpg (298x381, 13K)

Came here to say this

Get a high end AIO and a no window case, turn off all RGB and forget about it.

splish sploosh :DDD

I had a similar idea but with cum instead

A sóyboy is as a sóyboy does

Bacteria growth would grow inside the loop, eventually reducing flow and eventually eat through seals.

Pipe your shit water-cooled into your mouth

>how to get rid of watercooling addiction?

leak