Why would you use Ungoogled Chromium when Iridium is better in every way?

Why would you use Ungoogled Chromium when Iridium is better in every way?

Attached: 55389.png (225x225, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iridiumbrowser.de/downloads/
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't it just Ungoogled Chromium with less patches?

>board overflowing with browser threads
>out of the blue, every user is saying all chrome forks are apparently vulnerable now
really make grug wonder

Because someone wants to, that's why. There's no reason to shill in the mozilla botnet cultist style like you're doing in this thread. Both Iridium and ungoogled chromium are fine, don't be like moznpc's be human instead.

That browser uses outdated(in other words, vulnerable to malicious actors) Chrome from day 1. This is just like quarterly Android updates where you get the February patch in April and the May patch in July

>it takes time to de-botnet Chrome
Trivial objection.

Iridium is WORSE in every way, I used it first of the two and it's dogshit

UC works flawlessly for all my usage and I don't see why you would use another browser

Serious issue if you care about security updates.

retard

Same argument from Samsung, that's why we get quarterly updates except on the flagships.

Chink spyware&botnet

>not using surf

yeah it's pretty good. i have it and firefox.

>Why would you use Ungoogled Chromium when Iridium is better in every way?
I really don't use either because both are at best one version behind or don't compile at all on Linux.
iridiumbrowser.de/downloads/
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

> or don't compile at all on Linux.
Not according to the links you posted.

Calm down there Xi Jinping

because spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html

call me when Ungoogled can install extensions without manual intervention and uploading
also in my use case on a netbook I don't really have a choice and have to use a vaapi-forced build for reasonable performance

Talking of extensions, do you know a way to uninstall them on Iridium?

*manual updating

I've never touched Iridium

from
>spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
>to uninstall extensions, click on the extension icon, right hand side of the adress bar. Then use dropdown menu to remove extension.
>The options in chrome://extensions/ wont work as connected to Google's PlayStore and Iridium is blocking connections to Google,.

It can say anything, but on Arch based distros it has been broken for quite some time and/or outdated.

thanks nsa. i'll make sure to use one of your "browsers."

How do I even get an updated version of Ungoogled Chromium on Winblows? I'm too retarded to compile it myself.

>can't use anything related to Chromium, because it's Google's botnet
>can't use anything related to Firefox, because Mozilla is just a shell for Google after the company got gutted
So, what browser do you recommend, given that anything related to Chromium and Firefox are off the table?

Like someone said - vivaldi. it's chromium based (advantage of extension ecosystem) but it's worked on by a bunch of trusted people (original opera). I think that's the best bet you can get right now.
I also trust various firefox forks but i don't see them going anywhere.

Is Falkon good?

no

Some Gecko based Firefox fork, but not sure which one, since Waterfox switched to Quantum already.

It may or may not be because I'm using qutebrowser

If you are not on Debian-based, use the static build.
Stop spreading FUD.
Iridium is worse in every day possible. It has less patches and updates less frequently than ungoogled-chromium.

iridium is trash compared to ungoogled chromium

it has more botnet than ungoogled chromium

even though its branded as a privacy browser its privacy is shit

Again, given that Firefox and Chromium are both off the table because
>HURRRRRRRR YOU CAN'T TRUST PEOPLE TO REMOVE THE BAD STUFF FROM IT
I want to know what browser I should be using that isn't a fork, variant, alteration, or edit of Firefox or Chromium.

lynx.
but seriously, you need to trust someone if you don't want to scan code and make browser yourself.
your job is to trust the right people.

The point is that Gecko based Firefox isn't based on Chromium.
IceCat is a good example, and is also opensource so you can know if it is compromised or not if you really want to.

same shit as crom*
if you hate chom*, you'll also hate falkon. if you love it, then my condolences

post your proof of botnet or shut the fuck up

waterfox, basilisk, pale meme, seamonkey, and old known-good versions of icecat, esr, and vanilla firefox, predate the botnet and malware inherent to the newer versions.
it wasnt that these browsers forked firefox, so much as firefox forked away from them.
same shit as utorrent 2.2.1, in essence

spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html
fag

>Iridium only has one spyware feature, so the only thing that needs to be removed is google safebrowsing. You have to turn off your internet connection or otherwise stop Iridium from connecting to the internet while you turn it off, so it doesn't make any requests before you opt-out. Then uncheck "protect you and your device from dangerous sites" in the advanced settings menu.
I don't know, he's taking things way too far and concluding that this and Google being the default search engine is the same as using Chrome or whatever. He's also concluded that Brave developers who went out of their way to block trackers/scripts not even UBlock Origin does and thus braking functionality were "whitelisting Facebook and Twitter spyware" somehow. Now I know where some FUD that's spammed here came from.

schizo