>Read
(Cross-thread)

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)

Attached: 1412814618595.gif (300x200, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ameliorated.info/
quora.com/Are-there-any-advantages-of-installing-64-bit-OS-on-a-system-with-64-bit-CPU-even-when-available-memory-is-less-than-4GB
beet.the-eye.eu/public/MSDN/Windows 10/
nsaneforums.com/topic/312871-windows-10-digital-license-hwid-kms38™-generation/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_theory)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>(embed)
Fuck.

I just noticed that the OP image of the previous thread was deleted. What happened?

The usual OP is a shotacon, im not and since Shota is not Jow Forums related(Even gay programming socks are more Jow Forums related than shota) it got deleted.

>OP has no shota
A /sqt/ must have cute boys, it's incomplete otherwise.

Loli /sqt/ was better.

Before Shota was loli, and before that was Xena, and before that was Dwight Schrute.

Which is strange considering how past threads have included shotas in the OP without any problem.
Did someone in the previous thread make a scandal over the OP image big enough for a mod to intervene and delete the image?

loli threads had this problem, xena ones too.
All sqt threads that had something not related to Jow Forums had their image deleted.

There's no system to this. Sometimes /sqt/ gets its OP pic deleted within an hour, sometimes you can have a dedicated loli thread reach the bump limit.

windows key+r.
gpedit.msc
Computer Configuration>Administrative templates>Windows components
Select and disable shit from there.
Set telemetry to security mode, disable defender real time scans and defender itself.
Set windows updates to manual download manual update and disable the service after you updated to the lastest version using the cumulative update from Microsoft since windows update takes a huge amount of time and resources.
Disable key logging and application logging.
Telemetry to security mode.
Try to not mess with anything else.

I put it back together and am downloading mint. Sadly I can't find a spare USB right now but one I already have W7 on and I don't want to wipe that again so I think I'll be forced to wait until tomorrow to proceed.

After I test to see if there's any connectivity problems on Linux (and find out there's none), what would be my next step?
What should I do if I find there is still connection problems on Linux, give up?

Attached: 1540800728410.jpg (593x625, 64K)

>Defender, key logging.
You're not giving any info here, what are you saying? Defender logs keystrokes? How do I disable it, what group policy?

Attached: plump5.png (810x580, 45K)

If the laptop works fine with Linux then you reinstall windows and the drivers.
If it doesnt just get a $5-10 USB mini wireless adapter like TP-link nano.

see
While defender logs some stuff not keystrokes, that is a separate telemetry service which you can disable in group policy, i dont remember which folder though.

How do people have the stamina to do other things that isn't work? I want to die

They get Jow Forums, drink water and eat properly and don't masturbate more than once a week.

>If it doesnt just get a $5-10 USB mini wireless adapter
Oh yeah I forgo that was what I was originally going to do..

Since this laptop originally came with W7 (according to the sticker) should I be reinstalling that or W10 (even if this is really just a question for your personal preference)? Would windows need to be reactivated?

Attached: 1532425391772.png (449x371, 36K)

Thank you for not having a gay OP image.
I have a .mkv file with built in subitiles, and a seperate .ass subtitle file.
When I put the subtitle file in the same folder as the video file and play it with mpc-hc I can toggle the .ass subtitles but the built in subtitiles don't show up anywhere?
I want to be able to switch between the inbuilt and external.

Attached: 1234.jpg (1422x948, 496K)

Based

Actually, I can toggle the internal subs but they don't show on screen, only the external ones do.

Both 7 or 10 will work in this laptop since it uses a A8-6410.
if you install 7 use windows 7 Ultimate you just have to install 4.5 net framework and Run Dazloader, drivers and that would be it.
If you want 10 install LTSB (And install the April 9 cumulative update pack so you install 3 years of updates in 40 minutes since the stock version has a problem with Realtek WLAN cards) open group policy to disable defender, updates and tell windows to not download drivers on its own.
If you install 10 LTSC also install updates because this thing was a mess on release (All Windows 1809 releases were broken) but the updates fix it.

TLDR install 7 and disable updates and defender.

I used to go the gym l, but it just made more tired, I drink water when I'm thirsty I masturbate only once, or twice a week

thanks for trying to help, but without being specific on where to look it's impossible to "Disable key logging and application logging." because there's a million subfolders in "Windows components" and no way to search.

as far as i can understand the keylogging you're referring to is "Inking & typing personalization", which can be turned off inside Settings > Privacy (and not in group policies)

Attached: smile37.jpg (357x358, 11K)

>build media server in a cave with a box of scraps
>time to format old HD's
>"name"
>panic
how do you label your drives?

Attached: 1236212761494.jpg (611x671, 51K)

If i had a W10 pc in my hand i would tell you but i dont use W10.
And no, iirc its in the application compatibility folder together with steps recorder and application telemetry which you should also disable.

Thanks a lot user. W7 Ultimate it is then (if I don't just buy a wireless adapter), that stuff for W10 is way too much work and i'm pretty sure the user doesn't even enjoy W10 or know how to make use of any of its unique features.

thank you! you remember correctly, have enabled two things in "application compatibility" which disables telemetry and steps

so annoying not knowing if i've missed something else, fuck

you'd really have to wonder how much MS really gains from this by losing so much goodwill. it's not like average joe would bother to shut off spying anyway, might as well make it easy to opt-out for those that want to

Attached: ariel2.jpg (422x529, 63K)

Anime girls, of course.

Attached: 50220069.png (541x148, 32K)

Note that this is the "private" enterprise version, in the normal versions there is a huge amount of stuff yet to remove and in home you cant disable some stuff at all(Hi compatelrunner).

Nevermind, VLC does it.

lennies usualy

found some more things to disable in Services and Task Scheduler. this is terrible, I'm glad I at least waited this long until getting windows 10 because from what i can read microsoft didn't even have many of these privacy settings at the start, they have been added throughout the years (biggest improvement was in 2017 from the looks of it).

maybe next time i'll try the ameliorated.info/ windows 10 version, have you tried it? although it feels like swapping trust in microsoft to trusting some random russian or whoever put together that version of win10...

Attached: alice2.png (953x800, 871K)

reminds me of that pic of the dog someone post it

Why do my posts sometimes do this weird line breaks thing? I wrote pic related as two lines, I expanded the comment window so it wouldn't word wrap when I write it out. Happens in both Firefox and Chrome(what I wrote it in)

Attached: 2019-05-05-k.png (680x433, 78K)

is having a frame time variance which produces stuttering fixed by using gsync? i'm not referring to dips in frame rate output causing stuttering but instead having frame time variance due to something like certain game engines freaking out when not able to use 8c/8t or something which it may prefer otherwise

Is there a way to convert a windows hdd to linux without losing my stuff?

Is Citizen Kane still worth watching even if I've already been spoiled on the twist?

Everyone's seen the simpsons parody. Yes it's worth watching.

how do you find out under what license chrome addons are distributed?

So I have an oldish clunker laptop I want to put to use, and it only has 2 GB RAM.
I was wondering, is there any point to using a 64-bit operating system with less than 4 GB of RAM? I know 32 bit programs use slightly less RAM, which is why I'm going to use a 32-bit OS if there's no other reasons to go 64-bit.

is this true? should I pick gpt for a 4tb hard drive?

Attached: file.png (383x167, 19K)

yes that's true

What's the best option for accessing files on my computer remotely? I don't want to use shit like Google Drive.

do a and port forward
put it behind authentication ofc

I build myself a small server with sockets on linux and can connect to it locally and over wifi and shit
What do I need to do to connect with it over internet?

It is true.

Is /hsg/ a general? Because there's nothing in catalog

yeah, home server general. idk why there isn't one right now

quora.com/Are-there-any-advantages-of-installing-64-bit-OS-on-a-system-with-64-bit-CPU-even-when-available-memory-is-less-than-4GB

Seems like the answer is modern 64-bit CPUs have many features 64-bit OSes can take advantage of that don't involve RAM at all.

>What do I need to do to connect with it over internet?
Usually "port forwarding" is what you'll need to setup in your router's settings. It will forward certain outside traffic to your server.

Do note you're going to want to pay attention to security here! Any server facing the internet will receive tons of malicious requests within minutes.

What should I do if I'm too tired to eat but too hungry to sleep?

is there any benefit of doing a long format (of a new hard drive) over doing a short one? Are there things on there that might be used to spy on me?

is there a program I can use to test my gpu or diagnose faults?
I have an rtx 2080, have had it for around 8 months and it was fine to start with however I was only using a 1080 monitor. Ive since switched to 4k and almost everything I play has issues.
No Mans Sky crashes to desktop without error and in the windows error log there is an unknown error with with an nvidia dll.
Subnautica has some odd flashes of green geometry on screen, it doesn't crash but this is quite jarring.
project cars 2 randomly freezes up, but without error even in the windows event log.
GTAV doesn't crash or have any on screen issues but performance is appaling...I don't think im hitting even 20fps.
BF5 and anthem both crashed to desktop within 10 minutes of starting to play. Not too concerned here as im not a huge fan of either game.
Project Gemini 2 the image freezes but I can hear the game continuing and am able to fire weapons etc, I just cant see it happening.
Far Cry 5 shadows are on acid and flying around the screen randomly and frequent ctd.

Left 4 dead 2 plays flawlessly, as do any 2D only games ive played.

I only really want to play NMS and subnautica, the other games I installed just to see how they ran

Most of these issues only occur at 4k (except subnautica, I get shit with that no matter what resolution) so my thinking is that theres a problem with some of the memory on the card and at lower settings im not using that memory

How can I test this?? and is 8 months too long for me to be able to send the card back? At £780 I expected the card to perform well and last a few years at least :(

>Dwight Schrute
this was pretty recent, I remember it and I only came here in 2015/2016.

I should add, ive installed windows from scratch, tried various driver versions for the gpu and even gone as far as to flash my motherboards bios to the latest version.

no. a long format will format your entire disk at disk write speed, a quick format will format in a few seconds.
the only benefit to long formatting is a marginal (like few KB/s) write speed improvement on your first time writing to any given part of the drive

Thank you

tried that
I think Im out of luck because I get my internet from my landlord company and they might block everything
still thanks

Do pirated copies of Windows 10 really work without a key or will this be a waste of time?

Should I install a pirated version of Windows 10 or something else? I'm interested in gayming but I'm not willing to even spend $10 on an OS.

Attached: file.png (1102x565, 126K)

don't waste your time with copies from shitty torrent sites
beet.the-eye.eu/public/MSDN/Windows 10/
nsaneforums.com/topic/312871-windows-10-digital-license-hwid-kms38™-generation/

Does Proton work when playing pirated games or is just just a shitty steam addon? Is WINE my only option if I install a Linux OS and I'm not a dumb faggot who pays for games?

thinking of just downloading a linux OS and calling it a day, I have no way of verifying your shit isn't somespyware scam or a virus, at least trackers are somewhat reliable in number of seeders and comments.

What's that app that lets me stream PC VR games to my phone? Does it support feeding back gyroscope data for basic tracking?
Also, is a $20 chinky plastic phone VR mount with a QHD OLED phone going to give acceptable results, or should I not even bother?

>Does Proton work when playing pirated games
yes
please do install linux, i was only suggesting that since you seemed set on windows
i recommend LMDE

I dont know whats a good beginner prog. language to learn

C,C++, Java or python

Attached: World-War-1-British-Jerusalem-Ottoman-Empire-Cartoons-Punch-Magazine-1917-12-19-415.jpg (497x720, 243K)

Is Tribler basically the Limewire of torrents, with everything that implies?

I have videos that were shot at 1440X2560.
I want to rotate/transpose these videos 90 degrees counter-clockwise/clockwise(i have this part done with -vf transpose).Doing this there is a very large portion of the video that is black on the sides
How do i get ffmpeg to cut these bars off?
I've tried autocrop but it fails due to text being on the side in some spots.
How do i crop properly?
All videos have the same resolution/dimension/VBR bit rate etc, the only change is the duration

>just want a smartwatch that doesn't need to be paired to a phone and can use wifi to send messages via Skype/Line/anything that isn't SMS
>seemingly impossible to find

Why is this so fucking hard? They have jammed them up the ass with heart rate trackers, GPS and all kinds of trash no one cares about but not an easy way to send messages via wifi.

phone

python or java is gonna be easy

No phone allowed, that's the point.

lmao where are you/wtf are you doing where a phone isnt allowed but a smartwatch is

Amazon.

Is it possible to allow the executable to access network only if VPN is connected on Windows?

I am planing on building a webpage that also hosts a minecraft server and a plug-in called dynmap that is pretty resource hungry with a x56/79 xeon, but the mobos are shit with dual channel ram. Will that impact performance or should I get a triple/quad channel mobo?

They want to narrow the focus of the internet to track everything.

Which one first?

Is there agood firefox or chrome extension similar to anonymox for free VPN ?

I need upgrade the OS from W8 -> W10 in a home computer but my home internet is shit.
If I pull the HDD and take it to work with me along with a SATA to USB powered connector, can I boot from it on my work PC and proceed to upgrade it that way?

just use openvpn on your actual os
no, windows shits itself on major hardware changes

C++

kek at MPC-HC if its gui cant handle multiple subtitles

>no, windows shits itself on major hardware changes
Oh fug you're right, I totally forgot about that non-sense.

There is a small possibility that an application you want to install is available in 64 bit only in which case you will not be able to use it

python for hobby
java for job

Yeah thought so tnx gonna learn java for a few monthes

I mean i just used pascal for small ass math cheating shit

Only with a sysprep before 10, and I'm not sure it'll even boot through USB.

I hope this is the right thread to ask this, it's stupid so I guess it works.

Anyway, computer has recently been just rebooting randomly whenever I start up a game and play for a few minutes (specifically Rainbow Six Siege and TW:W2). When I start it up again after it's rebooted I can play them perfectly fine but it's getting annoying and not sure what the cause is. I've reinstalled my graphics driver and checked the temperature of my shit when the games are running and everything is reasonable (not that they run long enough to get hot before the reboot anyway).

Any ideas?

I need help with figuring out file encoding, the language is Polish.
Full post is here , because I'm retarded and I posted it in the wrong thread. I'm not copy-pasting the post as /fglt/ guys may have some decent ideas too, I'd like to keep the discussion in single thread if possible.

does conul running in a swarm container require registrator for health checking, or just agent running on each node?

*consul

>Compressed zip is the same size as the file
What did I do wrong?

Should I update my intel hd graphics drivers? I have heard that it is best to stay with the version your computer came with if it is giving no problems. But will an update give better performance?

You are either just using storing the file as a zip without compression or your file can't be compressed (audio/video generally can't).

There's no reason to not upgrade, really. This "use the version that came with your computer" thing is from the time integrated graphics were located on the mobo itself, so some brands could do some tweaks and the official driver wouldn't be compatible. Now integrated graphics are on the CPU itself and they all use the same standardized driver.
>But will an update give better performance?
Maybe, maybe not. But it's either fixing bugs or adding features, so there's absolutely no reason to upgrade.

user 3 years is not recent, and it goes back even more.

I'm lazy so I just use Team Viewer, it has an option to download files.

What's the best way of getting W7 and W8 to natively fully access a partitioned USB? Because I usually can only get it to recognize the "first" partition.
I feel like a fucking idiot having to use DiskGenius to move files this way.

most likely the files you attempted to compress are already compressed, like jpeg pictures or mp3 audio
compressing a particular dataset isn't guaranteed, there's a finite limit to how compressed something can be (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_theory)
even if you don't get it, it's pretty easy to accept that it doesn't make sense to be able to compress the same thing to half it's size over and over, something has to give
things like jpeg and mp3 are already heavily compressed compared to the original data they represent, and so passing them through something like 7zip won't yield any useful additional compression