Anyone use kodi without the piracy addons?

Anyone use kodi without the piracy addons?

Attached: kodi-14-icon.jpg (1600x900, 49K)

Yes, most of the piracy addons are pretty bad now, most of the ones I tried got dropped a month or two after I started using them.
I just use it as a frontend for TVheadend and anime downloaded with Sonarr.

I could understand for HTPC usage but anything else is just fucking done better by other software.

Yea my setup basically showcases my favorite YouTube channels newest videos/pandoki/some local media. The experience is a little bit better when you're not fighting to find sources all the time.

The addons are all garbage ever since newfags and normalfags found out about it when Kodi got trendy there for a hot minute. Gets everything taken down or blocked almost immediately.

i just use it to watch shit on my TV stored on my NAS. ~6TB of movies/series/Anime withouth fucking ads anywhere.

Yes, for 11 years now. I first used XBMC on a modded Xbox. Now I'm using Kodi on my HTPC, desktop, and raspberry pi. There's really nothing like it.
I have about 1000 movies and it makes browsing them super easy. There's dozens of useful, official add-ons for streaming. The piracy add-ons were always garbage that at best streamed Yify-tier videos.

a roku and plex does all that. with the added benefit of supporting netflix, youtube, amazon, and practically every streaming service available.

>Roku

Attached: maxresdefault(2).jpg (1280x720, 79K)

so does my ShieldTV which has kodi on it.
what's your point?

>benefit
>netflix
>amazon
nigga

UI looks like it came out of the early 2000's in then worst possible way. Why would you not just use Plex?

No, Plex does a much better job with a clean UI as a media server and with a new TV there is no need for the more powerful applications of Kodi.

Kodi is irrelevant in 2019 for everyone but boomers who are stuck with their 10 year old TV.

>using any feature on your TV other than video-in

Yes, I'm a normal person, not some deranged cuck.

Yeah, using your own better selection of hardware and software over the built-in spyware totally makes you a deranged cuck

Yeah man tell me how you play Netflix better than native TV apps

Why would I use Netflix? I've got a better private selection.

Come to think of it I do have an Android TV box in the living room. Guess what it can run in addition to Kodi.

I am on many private trackers, a native Netflix app for TV is the only way you are getting the content represented properly. There is no solution for playing content that is exclusive for Netflix that piracy offers.

I mean I don't get why you are hellbent on proving there is no purpose to native TV apps because you can pirate content. Read up a little about the limits of pirating Netflix content.

I can't tell you a single time I've thought to myself "Man, I really want to watch that Netflix exclusive"

That's besides the point, it has legitimate advantages in quality and features you cannot get trough any other playback option. Same with other apps such as the Amazon Prime. You opting out of these because you think somebody is spying and miraciously avoid it on your desktop PC is what makes you a cuck, literally starving yourself of functionality because you think the big boys are looking at you.

>You opting out of these because you think somebody is spying and miraciously avoid it on your desktop PC is what makes you a cuck
I opt out of them because I have no use for them.
Are you just going to keep ignoring ?

Ignore what? It was so profoundly stupid I don't even get what your point was. The Netflix Kodi app somehow is exempt from the hilarious built-in spyware you want to avoid? Yeah okay.

>The Netflix Kodi app somehow is exempt from the hilarious built-in spyware you want to avoid? Yeah okay.
My point was that my Kodi setup is just as capable of Netflix as your TV is (same with Amazon Prime and any other example you feel like pulling out of your ass), not that it's somehow magically safer

Yeah and it's entirely pointless for anyone who has a modern TV as there is no need for the full power of Kodi which is what my original point was
>No, Plex does a much better job with a clean UI as a media server and with a new TV there is no need for the more powerful applications of Kodi

Yeah until you want to do something your TV manufacturer hasn't made available.

At which point a set top box is perfectly capable of running Netflix at the application level, so why would I bother running it through another application like Kodi?

Who said anything about running Netflix through Kodi?

Why would I run ANYTHING through Kodi? Plex does local content better and whatever streaming service you want to use will work better via native app than a plugin in Kodi.

What use is it?

That's besides the point, you can think dream up these hypothetical scenarios were Kodi is still relevant. Meanwhile my original post still stands

>No, Plex does a much better job with a clean UI as a media server and with a new TV there is no need for the more powerful applications of Kodi.
>Kodi is irrelevant in 2019 for everyone but boomers who are stuck with their 10 year old TV.

And that is literally what Kodi is all about these days, offering boomers who don't buy new TVs a way to get apps.

You heard it from him, we are just gonna have to wait for something to manifest into our universe that makes Kodi relevant again that TV manufacturers haven't made available and that's what makes Kodi useful.

>Plex does local content better
Since when?
>Kodi plugin
You keep on bringing up using Kodi for things other than local media. I never said anything of the sort.
>No, Plex does a much better job with a clean UI as a media server
I must've missed that part. Why would you need anything more than NFS for the actual server?
>>Kodi is irrelevant in 2019 for everyone but boomers who are stuck with their 10 year old TV.
And people with large local libraries. Kodi's absolutely wonderful.

It never stopped being relevant, you just simply don't use it. It's still the best.

>Since when?
Since proprietary codecs became a thing. Have fun dealing with DTS audio in Kodi if every device in your house hasn't paid Dolby a licensing fee.
>You keep on bringing up using Kodi for things other than local media. I never said anything of the sort.
Okay, Kodi is dogshit for local media because it lacks transcoding.

>Since proprietary codecs became a thing. Have fun dealing with DTS audio in Kodi if every device in your house hasn't paid Dolby a licensing fee.
I've never encountered that issue
>Okay, Kodi is dogshit for local media because it lacks transcoding.
I don't try to make trash work, I buy hardware that can handle remuxes.

>I don't try to make trash work, I buy hardware that can handle remuxes.
So do I, I call it my Plex server. Have fun watching very specifically encoded videos on your Raspberry Pi or whatever.

>reading comprehension
Everything plays actual remuxes, there's no transcoding taking place.

>I've never encountered that issue
Then you're probably too casual to discuss this. DTS is pretty common on Blu-ray rips, so you're either downloading shit copies of everything or you only watch them on a single TV passing audio through to a supported receiver.

Either way you aren't even aware of the limitations of Kodi so you're a pretty poor shill for it.

The absolute state of Kodi boomers

>Then you're probably too casual to discuss this
Most of my movies are Blu-ray remuxes, I'm sure I've encountered DTS audio regularly. I guess all my hardware is licensed
>so you're either downloading shit copies of everything
no
>or you only watch them on a single TV passing audio through to a supported receiver.
no

So what's the next best thing since terrariumtv?