Is raytracing a meme?

is raytracing a meme?

Attached: 1549359991788.webm (720x900, 1.28M)

no, but I want to fuck that graphics card.

dont stick your dick into the spinning fans, user

>tfw I want to fuck that graphics card too but only if she stays in graphics card form

Attached: 1474787611870.jpg (160x120, 5K)

They say that ray tracing in old games like CS1.6 looks better than CSGO

Nvidia closed source implementation is, otherwise no.

No, unironicaly it's the future

I feel so bad for her. She'll get done with her shift, Change out of that monstrosity and walk to public transport wondering. "why would i act like a complete retard in from of thousands of people?" , And then realizes she has a family to support. She goes home and showers and contemplates what she does for a living while getting ready to go to bed, And then cries her self to sleep when thinking she has to wake up and do it all over again the next day. That's what i think about this picture......

it's not fair, why can't she just marry me and we can build a happy life together

Move to japan and stalk her? I dunno.

Not at all. It's just detrimental right now to the frame-rates, so shitty for multiplayer. I am a frame-rate junkie so I wouldn't turn it on and I have a 2070.

No, it really is the future of realtime rendering. It has a transformative effect when used for all the lighting like it is in quake 2 and minecraft, but doesn't make sense to use it only for reflections like it is in battlefield. The current implementations are really just a taste of the future, and until we have proper hardware acceleration, we'll have to settle for partially raytraced lighting, with screenspace or baked effects to fill in the gaps.

I have a 2080 and basically this guy is a poor /v/ faggot playing on his shitty 1080p 240hz shititor. As someone who is playing on a 4k 60hz beast of a monitor I turn on raytracing every chance I get and own noobs is Battlefront at 40-50 frames per second.

it made waters in quake 2 looks great, but not much else

Yep.

Yes, and a bad one.
Massive kek
Based 40fps poster.

or maybe it's a mini job and she does that 2x / week?

It is the future of mainstream graphics but the issue has always been its computing cost. The hardware isn't quite here yet. Real-time ray-tracing still requires small to big-iron levels of computing power.

Gaming studios *cough* publishers *cough* have been pushing hard for it because it reduces the labor costs of 3D artist teams having to do all of the shadowing and lightmap tricks that try to approximate ray-tracing with rasterization rendering on modern titles.

Of course it is. Come back in a few years and ask again.

this will be what will drive raytracing in realtime applications, not because it's more realistic (it is), but because it "naturally" does what otherwise many hand-tweaked tricks do currently
like going from professionally made painted portraits to film cameras, it's better at the job AND easier to produce
it taking a shitton of resources is a problem which will be solved over time
these current 'rtx' cards aren't quite the raytracing dream just yet, but it will get there, just a matter of time

Yep I have a 2080ti and it's a complete meme I never use it.
Runs like crap and the implementation is beyond bad on every game I've tried save for quake 2
Based

Attached: kurabu.webm (640x480, 486K)

>because it reduces the labor costs
It's the only way forward, we've hit a wall in terms of what artists can come up with and physically based rendering is the answer to ballooning production costs and timelines.

I almost want to cringe, But she's to cute to cringe at.

And here, we can clearly see Nvidia copying AMDs marketing, and clearly failing.

I can totally see AMD putting their ratchets in graphics cards costumes.

Ravioli, ravioli, don't lewd the Ryzen loli.

?

Ryzen isn't a loli you dumbass
Zen is thicc
Apus maybe

She looks Korean

I want to raytrace my dick all over her face

For older titles, it breathes new life into them BUT if you are thinking of buying a Novideo RTX, wait as AMD have announced a RX 3080 for $270- 350 bucks with is a competitor against the RTX 2070 for half the price.

As of now it is. The only implemented solution is proprietary Nvidia shit with horrid performance and reliance on additional chips on the card that drive up the price. It is unclear whether the 30 generation of Nvidia cards will improve the performance and/or make the hardware more affordable. Also AMD have claimed they have software based ray tracing in the pipes, that's something to wait for. Also Intel are working on graphics cards that are supposed to be released sometime next year and also feature ray tracing capability. In short there's not much going on in the present and a lot on the horizon. Whatever way things will turn out (ray tracing dying out or evolving to roughly approximate software rendering or further evolving the hardware) there's nothing to do right now but to wait.

yuniko0720 for anyone interested.

In gaming, for now yeah, but 4-5 years down the road probably not. It will have a slow adoption just like tessellation did
In the world of modeling/CAD though, it having real time raytracing could be really really nice.

Absolutely in gaymes. You will literally halve your framerates by turning it on, and you can only stay at 60 FPS+ with a 2080 or 2080 Ti. 2060 and 2070 will get murdered.

It's not a meme, it's the future but our gpu are not powerful