Is there really any point to buying more than the bare minimum peripherals? If all the keys work, good enough for me...

Is there really any point to buying more than the bare minimum peripherals? If all the keys work, good enough for me. It makes more sense to put all your money into the actual components, and maybe a decent pair of headphones.

Attached: kbm.png (1280x720, 960K)

Its OK to have nice things idiot, my 30$ Logitech mouse isn't exactly breaking my bank and your gross ABS plastic keycaps are clearly getting shiny from your skin oils

Have you tried not being dirt poor? I promise it feels pretty good.

No, there isn't. Only American consumerist whores will tell you otherwise.

Honestly I know it's fucking retarded but I like the fancy RGB mechanical key bullshit, it's spending for spending sake but it's nice

Depends on your workflow when on the computer. Typists and gaymurs can benefit from a good mechanical keyboard. Membrane keyboards can get worn out easier (best case scenario wasd keys can feel "sticky" after a year or so of heavy use,while the lesser used keys retain their feel)unlike a mechanical one which can last for years under heavy use.N-key rollover is also a perk of a good keyboard.As for mice, unless you game a lot to necessitate dpi adjustments and a mouse with a sensor that has the least amount of acceleration (0 acceleration mostly desired in fps games), then the only reason to buy a fancy mouse would be the added durability and the "bling bling, muh rgb" crap, if thats your thing.

>inb4 Muh Gaymes, go back to /v/eddit

I get RSI if I don't use a good mouse and keyboard

Humans like things that are aesthetic. That's why we buy clothes that look good and make us feel nice. That's why we build buildings that are pleasing to look at and admire them. Don't let the Jews get you bro, beauty is the essence of existence

If you have special applications (pen tablet, synthesizer) or want to get more ergonomic peripherals it's certainly useful to improve your work. But for shitposting on Jow Forums you'd be retarded to waste money.
>It makes more sense to put all your money into the actual components, and maybe a decent pair of headphones.
You don't need to waste money on those things either though.

>American consumerist whores will tell you otherwise
Actually typing on cheapest membrane keyboard can be nightmare.
>loose key caps that can lock up and require you to use inconsistent amount of force.
>press registered only at the very bottom that result some times to stop writing and push again that key

If you don't play gaymes then mouse does not matter so much but a lot of cheapest rats end up with broken wheel button
If you play games, you may want something more durable + high reporting frequency
Mouses with low reporting rate tends to not register very fast moves over big distances.

Go cheap but not the chink cheap

Unironically this.

It depens user. If you just browse the web you shouldn't be buying a fucking $200 mechanical hacker keyboard, just save up the money for more important things. If however your livelyhood depends or is heavily tied to typing on a computer then buying an expensive, durable and comfy keyboard that enhances your perofmance it actually not only a justified expence but also a sound investment

>Is there really any point to buying more than the bare minimum peripherals?
no
>It makes more sense to put all your money into the actual components, and maybe a decent pair of headphones.
depends on your workload but i can understand shelling 100$

I use an old Dell grey/beige keyboard and some le epic gamer mouse I bought when I was a faggot. The Dell works better than a Razer keyboard and has lasted longer too. It's got a couple of burn marks from my soldering iron but who gives a fuck when I bought it for 5 bucks at a thrift store still in the wrapper.
Buy smarter, not harder.

Attached: IMG_20190506_124930819.jpg (5344x3006, 2.41M)

Attached: 1556744682744.gif (500x382, 125K)

i can understand using a cheap ass keyboard and monitor as these dont make any real difference.

but using such a crap mouse is just wrong.

Sometimes you just gotta pay up for comfort. I don't mind.

the only thing I need that isn't bare minimum is at least two monitors so I can watch something while I play video games and a keyboard with leds for the num lock/caps lock.
Other than that I'm fine with two shitty LCD 4:3s from 2007 and a Bluestork keyboard.

If your budget has a hard limit, then yes, you probably shouldn't spend a lot of peripherals. If you can easily afford it, I see no reason not to get something nice, if you're going to be using for a very long time and very frequently anyway.

These desu

i can understand using a shitty GPU/CPU, as thse dont make any real difference. mouse and keyboard though literally will make or break your career if you fuck up your hands

Bad goy.