IBM Thinkpad alternative

Think about the future, everyday more and more memepads are being destroyed and we're only left with modern basedpads. Do you know any auxiliary source of cheap and usable laptops?

Attached: memepad.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

fuck that filter s o j p a d s

powerbooks and ibooks. Its the same as librebooted thinkpad, but.you actually dont have to do anything. You can get lincucks on it if you want, though i'd stick with mac os, as leopard is peak comfy and has no botnet

leopard is bloat. Tiger is master race.

D6xx and D8xx Latitudes are pretty nice no-botnet machines.

Enjpy having to use even more outdated software

Good luck with no gcc 6 binary. You'll be compiling for days.

In all seriousness, what modern software will build on Leopard?

I haven't had anything fail to build yet

Are you using macports, or compiling all dependencies manually? I'm genuinely curious.

Depends, Macports doesn't have everything, but if they have it I use it.

>proprietary software
>apple
>no botnet
LoL how do you shills have the nerve to spout garbage like this

Wau. Actually, everything(even proprietary) is mostly safe if it has been designed before circa 2007. There was no point in any spying because most didnt have any connection at that time.

Youre just making up bullshit, backdoors existed before 2007.

Windows XP phoned home, and it was released in 2001.

How could it not call home? It had windows update(and that easily could be disabled)
Yes, but does there exist a proof of phoning home(or major security concerns) on ppc?

The processors from that era may not have the botnet built in, but the OS does

this, Dell is pretty much on par with Pre-chink ThinkPads in terms of quality

Even i think it doesn't, you could just put linux/bsd on it

Debian sid is the only viable option. Technically speaking, OpeBSD is functional, but nothing will build in ports due to broken dependencies that they haven't bothered to fix.

>NSAKEY

>Actually, everything(even proprietary) is mostly safe if it has been designed before circa 2007
Yeah sure, glowie.