/ag/ - audio general thread

Wharfedale 11 series edition (just because I just got one)
Post your gear, suggestions, and good recordings

Attached: diamond-11-5-pack-1-profile_1_.jpg (2535x1694, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ssrzMppb
iwistao.com/products/iwistao-hifi-2-inch-full-range-labyrinth-structure-speaker-wooden-2-x-10w-4-ohm-84db-rosewood-color-1-pair-stereo-audio
ststefanov.eu/?p=88&lang=en
thomann.de/gb/pas_2002pca.htm
bagend.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PM-6.pdf
seas.no/images/stories/prestige/pdfdatasheet/H1699_MR18REX_XF_Datasheet.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should i buy the Mackie MR624 or Adam Audio T7V?

Which hisses less? Also any other alternatives?

Attached: 1552249088321.gif (300x300, 252K)

the adams are pretty quiet but they also can't get really loud
I was really surprised by the low max output

DALI Zensor 7, 5, 1 and SUB E-12 F.

Powered by a DENON 2313.

Attached: IMAG0363.jpg (2048x1152, 474K)

yoyoyo pdawg G.
dem wharfedales be tweetin good or be more like dem brits sound aight yeah moddafucka

Any good deals in this list? They're all used.
pastebin.com/ssrzMppb

the elacs will probably hiss as much as the amp you put in front

Yeah I remembered they're passives after sending post.

I've been looking into non hissing lsr305 alternatives and found about Vanatoo Transparent Zero, but they aren't being sold in europe and importing them would cost another 100$ on top of 350$. So at this point are they still worth it or is there better alternatives?

>Dali+Denon
>Ostkrokar
Shops at HiFi-klubben confirmed

Attached: yGkGhCF.jpg (1310x2328, 360K)

>audiophiles get thick ass cables
>they increase resistance

Dali Zensor 1 AX, on top of Adam Hall ECO 1 pads. Best setup I've had so far, used to have Argon 7460A, not buying Argon ever again.

Attached: as-l1600.jpg (1200x1600, 314K)

Jupp.

Attached: spoikah.jpg (1920x3000, 1.02M)

They aren't bad for the money. My coworker uses them at some of his post stations for general monitoring. They are certainly better than the JBL LSR305s or something. This is all Amazon stuff where you can buy them both and return the one that you don't like.

What's your application? Nearfield desktop use with games, music and movies?

very nice

Attached: KMC_1_Black_-_Lifestyle_635161520026760000.jpg (2100x2100, 1.36M)

Whats a good cheap dac? I might be getting a pair of powered bookshelf speakers, and my current audio out is the internal soundcard off a workstation lenovo.
The powered speakers will possibly be the edifier S2000pro, which have optical in(so their own dac) so it might be smarter to connect that way, but id still need a USB(or PCIe) adapter to get an optical signal out.

Attached: 2_B1EvtqWm_HyW1Iplfl.jpg (1350x900, 50K)

Don't buy dali when you can buy monitor audio speakers, they're almost the same except monitor audio uses better filters so the tweeter works better.
Also I got a pair of magnat quantum 807, they work pretty well

The included DAC is nearly 100% guaranteed to be absolute garbage. If you want to improve quality using an adapter is completely stupid. If you need USB output only get a topping D10. If you need optical as well get a D30. If you are going to order these off aliexpress.

What's a good all in one solution for: Radio, CD player, network player with a phono connection?

I'm looking to replace an old Cd player that's crapping out and a Receiver that is dying right now.

I found the Pioneer NC-50 player but seems kinda steep. Would appreciate some suggestions.

Have you taken the 3.1.2 sonic bubble pill yet?

>All In One
>Good
AIO are always shit because they sacrifice everything on the altar of good looks and (((convenience))). You are not only going to get MUCH better performance from separate elements but also are going to spend a lot less.
What matters is how you want to use your network player ? Do you want physical music controls on the device itself ? Because that's all that they offer compared to other solutions.

SVS PB2000 sub is beastmode

I would rather have 5.1 than 3.1.2

Never used a PB, but I've got an SB1000 and SB3000, and they make me pucker when the earth shakes.

Any good cheap chink audio system you guys would recommend?

what do you need exactly ? If you only use digital buy a topping D10 connected to a RPi with volumio installed (makes a network player) Feeding a behringer A500. Cheap good shit.

I just bought some B-stock Vanatoo Transparent Zeros to use as travel speakers, these things are fucking legit little speakers. I haven't even dialed in most of the optional settings yet (switched the DSP profile to flat, tested with a sub, that's about it) and these were worth every penny.

Attached: Vanatoo T0.jpg (600x400, 31K)

Any cheap and reliable dac/preamp with volume knob/remote, optical input, XLR and RCA outs? I need to connect JBL305s to a tv.
Should I just save my wagie up and order pic related? Vanatoo T1E

Attached: lel.jpg (500x281, 24K)

How cheap?

I'm pretty much an audio pleb, but I like my edifier r1280t and r1700bt sets

same shill

This thread's already fucked beyond saving

Maybe everyone's just poor? Wanna to jerk off to sum $400,000 horns?

Man, it's always a gamble calling out multiple posts as a single poster, but thankfully you confirmed it before I had to sweat too much.

no u

Attached: l.png (453x208, 9K)

Like I said, it's a gamble.

Vanatoo is fighting the 305Ps by marketing and electrical engineering alone, and that is not enough to make a good speaker in the present day.
Even though Harman/Samsung corporate shot JBL Pro in the foot with penny-pinching resulting in the hiss bullshit, their waveguide (and the directivity it gives) still blows everyone else out of the water.

It's trivial to copy JBL's waveguide performance without violating their weak-ass patent.
It's been six fucking years since the M2 came out; the fact we haven't seen a clever clone yet means these other companies aren't capable of more than elevated, DSP-enhanced '80s designs.

Who else /sacd/ here?

Attached: 9704024A-5B36-4D41-ABB1-715A204AFD08.jpg (3264x2448, 1.4M)

And who else TDA1540 NOS?

Attached: BDA6F32B-2B7B-48AC-A9F6-762B16435C27.jpg (3264x2448, 1.69M)

Give me non hissing lsr305 alternatives bellow 400$ and I won't bother you anymore.

Attached: firefox_2019-05-07_09-05-20.png (822x520, 22K)

>hissing
Fix your AC and grounding issues bro. You may want to consider bonding.

It is a combo of the cheap amp and high sensitivity

Doesn't one run out of gas well before the other?

silly question, but couldn't find an answer, how does digital volume boosting work?
say I keep dial on my analogue amp low, but then enable boosting in MPC and it's loud, does it add digital information to it?

Attached: 1334222509409.jpg (720x479, 82K)

What are some good speakers specially tuned for weeb stuff?

Attached: 1557018482303.png (966x1396, 1.79M)

it pushes everything up and (ideally) brickwall limits the output after that to increase rms but not the peak level
either way don't do this
set everything digital to 100%, not more not less

klipschhorns

>klipschhorns
OwO? How so

Attached: 1556784289137.png (622x909, 196K)

some sources, mostly videos, have it very quiet simple solution would be just dial it until loud? I weirdly do not like pushing it beyond 1 o'clock.
so what happens when I boost it, on analogue part, it pushes itself without me dialing it, right?

yeah, use your analog volume knob, that's what it's for.
it usually is just a simple attenuator before the amp stage, so you're not boosting anything but just not pulling the input voltage to the amp down as much

got it, thanks man

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (800x533, 53K)

A good speaker is a good speaker. Something neutral works with everything.

i'm on nofap dude pls stop

They're never neutral. You must choose and show you are colors.

Attached: 1757620-electro-voice-patrician-iv-kd1.jpg (1100x825, 190K)

fostex hornlet

Attached: dsc01296.jpg (1728x2592, 470K)

Looks like a neat design other than the moron who couldn't screw the driver in without partially stripping the screw heads. Two of them seem to be on an angle too. DIY at its worst.

Attached: gustavrakotos0.jpg (630x339, 29K)

gotta love how the metal is bent because he tightened the screws like crazy

>DIY at its worst.
Perhaps.
But still a thousand times better than csg
iwistao.com/products/iwistao-hifi-2-inch-full-range-labyrinth-structure-speaker-wooden-2-x-10w-4-ohm-84db-rosewood-color-1-pair-stereo-audio
I do like the sound.

Probably hammered the thing with an 18v drill or something. The wood work isn't looking so hot either. I'd say that's a do-over.

that's not saying much.

This is why pilot holes are important

>Probably hammered the thing with an 18v drill or something
kek
>"okay lads I took the 8" hole saw off, time to put in a phillips bit and screw the driver in"

Can I "share" my subwoofer between two systems like this or will I fry something?

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x492, 39K)

Looking to set up a proper audio setup for my TV. Is a smaller space room so looking into 5.1. How is the Elac Debut 2.0 set? Looking at them for their 5.2 series in floorstanding, bookshelf, and center, while getting my sub from something else.

Going to be used for general all around A/V. So gaming, movies, and music.

ststefanov.eu/?p=88&lang=en

Attached: 1239871261841.png (700x676, 348K)

No, its garbage jbl amplifier and it cannot be helped.

i aint clickin that shit, nigga

Attached: 1501090741364.jpg (252x252, 7K)

Still looking for info on this amp thomann.de/gb/pas_2002pca.htm

If anyone have measurements (apart very little info manual has) would be great.

JBL stage A120? And some used amplifier (or a new amplifier if you can find something decent on aliexpress or something like that)?
I mean if you want JBL why not get JBL.

that looks solid as fuck
measurements seem hard to find, but I can find a lot of german guys raving about it

Attached: pasendstufejb26.jpg (2580x1932, 1.02M)

i wanna get an ipod to relive some nostalgia, but i dont really have a large mp3 collection anymore with streaming. Is there an automated easy way i can download playlists or albums easily of google play music, so i can import to iTunes.

>t. zoomer
I thought Jow Forums was overreacting when they said how useless you are. how can you not be on private trackers?

its only this

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-07 183225.png (715x861, 378K)

>he missed the hotties in the gallery

Seriously. What are we looking for in a 'weeb' speaker?

Attached: DB0P9iHWAAIBHIn.jpg (900x1200, 152K)

I've seen that, but still want some measurements. I'm surprised noone did that (or just on some secret place in German that I don't know)

Listening to my small KEF.

Attached: kef_sp3235_1493552673_a698f09d.jpg (1080x1080, 141K)

Yes, as long as you don't run both at the same time. I've used the sub input with one devices and the speaker input with another for years and never had any problems.

see ..but I think he's just messing around. My dad used to represent a company called Sansui in Japan before I was born. They made electronics though, no speakers that I know of.

Nice. They really perfected the concentric drivers. I have an old design from another manufacturer using a Seas driver. It images really well.

I wonder how they will do against Genelec 83x1 and ME Geithain (which is not a true coaxial though).

I have some active with the plastic/textile seas coax as well, it's a glorious driver

we were actually comparing 8341, 8351 and our rl903 and 901 not too long ago
I'd say the overall imaging and stability of the phantom center is similar, even with the 901
which is a point for geithain in my books I guess

Attached: gens.jpg (1600x1200, 355K)

Speaker that is unto weeb music as MDR CD900ST is unto MDR 7506

Attached: serveimage.jpg (4640x3480, 1.38M)

reminder that headphones > speakers

Attached: 1550728028617.jpg (618x750, 56K)

Geithain seems to be really good, I have small ME25 and everybody likes how they sound.

I think mine ( bagend.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PM-6.pdf ) has this ( seas.no/images/stories/prestige/pdfdatasheet/H1699_MR18REX_XF_Datasheet.pdf ) or at least something very similar. Tiny driver for such a big enclosure, seems to work well though.

Have you tried new jbl 7 series?

yeah, they're very big in german music production, especially the k models are just so damn versatile
no, jbl pro speakers are practically nonexistent over here, probably because harman has a really bad reputation in the pro sector, at least here the service with akg and studer products is abysmal

In the bedroom are Kenwood with Linaeum ribbons.

Attached: ce9a3b20-bd40-11e6-873a-d76ae939432f.jpg (700x523, 49K)

Geithain also seem to do PA with some weird amount of tweeters instead of common usage of compression drivers. Have you heard them? They seem to be one of those "we really do our thing and don't care" companies.

I haven't actually, I didn't even know they made that kind of stuff. interesting, they're even using the cardioids on the subwoofers, I wonder if that's enough sensitivity for rock'n'roll kind of PA use because on the 901k they use some serious space heater amps and you can still drive them into the limiter in a largeish room without going completely deaf

I had a look at the specs and they seem to vindicate using compression drivers and horns. 16 dome tweeters are not keeping up with one compression driver etc...

Has anyone ever heard any part of Altec's Voice of the Theater line? These things have always looked so crazy and interesting to me. Prices seem to vary wildly, often seeing cabinets and tweeter enclosures being sold separately and wildly different prices. I just never know what to think of them.

Attached: 9139099575_f1ba4dba98_b.jpg (696x448, 125K)

Subwoofers seem to be only 40 Hz -6 dB, so they probably sacrifice a lot of extension to get there.
I think cardioid on subwoofers is pretty normal in PA, but mostly active configuration is used.

Are there any other DIY subwoofer kits like the Dayton Ultimax? Like, something ported?

Marty sub

What's a soundbar/set of speakers that can connect to my PC monitor via 3.5mm jack that is a decent medium between Good and Cheap on Amazon?

Attached: 1549988033050.gif (500x370, 487K)

Ultimax is a driver, PE only packs the sealed option with it. The Martysubs are flatpacks that can be used with the driver though.

Cardioid is less than optimal for maximum bass extension and output, but even the little ones have -6dB point at 25Hz.

when you have limited space and budget

speakers are great when you have unlimited virginity though

having to use headphones because you live with your parents protects the virginity much better, though

you'd know a thing or two about "protecting" virginity wouldn't you lol

sure, I own stax and lcd-x