Brave

Why aren't you using Brave? It's objectively the best web browser.

Attached: [email protected] (654x768, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/drunkenpeasants/comments/aq74li/tip_on_shilling_the_brave_browser/
herencia.nexton-net.jp/product/elfmuranokanraku/
brave.com
basicattentiontoken.org/about/
basicattentiontoken.org/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
warosu.org/g/thread/S69748437
twitter.com/tomscott/status/1085238644926005248
basicattentiontoken.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Been using it for a week now. Nothing to report for now, it is very efficient.
There was suspicion about it unopenly sending information to servers, but I can't find that fkin link again.

reddit.com/r/drunkenpeasants/comments/aq74li/tip_on_shilling_the_brave_browser/

That site is satire.

Honestly at this point I can't tell the Brave shills from the trolls

Attached: thom-yorke-Reuters.jpg (640x480, 26K)

shill
h
i
l
l

bump

I was a Chrome early adopter, knew about that shit while Mozilla users were still shitting in their diapers. Nobody wanted to switch to Chrome but I didn't give a fuck, it was faster than Mozilla and I realized right away that it was better for a multitude of reasons.

I feel the same way now about Brave. It's Chrome but faster and objectively better. The fun thing is, I know I'm an early adopter and now that I'm older I get to take advantage of that.

Took maybe 4 or 5 years for the dumb pleb masses to really start to switch to Chrome, may take longer with Brave because Google has such a fucking choke on the market and sabotages any competition. Brave will pull through though eventually since it has first-mover advantage with the cryptocurrency aspect.

Attached: Brave BAT1.png (500x500, 52K)

they already fixed the firefox bug, so I can stop pretending to hate it now

based

redpilled

>Why aren't you using Brave?
It doesn't let me download this image through the context menu like Firefox does:
herencia.nexton-net.jp/product/elfmuranokanraku/

Attached: chromium browsers suck.jpg (1000x1000, 333K)

be Brave, white man

How de-googled is Brave? I really want a chromium based browser, but holy hell the google login thing creeps me the fuck out.

extensively I believe

This was a serious good look I'm all in on brave the shit just works

Remember firefox fix is available at brave.com

Attached: 1544362935508.jpg (228x309, 15K)

I dunno what BAT is so I just turned it off.

Brave is the most stable when compared to other browsers. It provides reliability form, and performance. You won't ever close it! Brave, try today.

Why aren't yall using vivaldi?

Attached: 1200px-Vivaldi_web_browser_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 71K)

But user, I am

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-06-16-30-14.png (1080x1920, 309K)

>and contains a ledger system that anonymously measures user attention aggregate to accurately reward publishers.
basicattentiontoken.org/about/

>The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs.
basicattentiontoken.org/

hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
warosu.org/g/thread/S69748437

>the data is stored in-browser
twitter.com/tomscott/status/1085238644926005248

>press button
>turn it off

>It doesn't matter that it contains malware, you can turn it off if you don't like it

Attached: BraveScam.jpg (1080x1341, 298K)

Because it uses the fucking google webkit motherfucker. I would use a browser based on the gnu web render thingy what ever the fuck its name is but falcon is a bit lacking and I have my firefox setup to maximize privacy now so eah.

>imblying it isn't there in the background tracking you regardless.
>being this comfortable/naive about knowing about being tracked.

>Why aren't you using Brave
It's being shilled on Jow Forums.

They just added their own botnet which also helps everyone else data mine you. Non ironically stock Chrome is more private than Brave.

That is if you are that desperate to use a Chrom* browser.

>literally devs say data reporting can only be disabled entirely by changing code and recompiling
>just press button

they are all one single faggot faking discussions and reviews

because no vertical tabs
I am, Because vertical tabs

Brave men btfo

use chrome and have sex

Everything you posted about BAT comes into effect only if you turn it off, as it's entirely opt-in. Moreover, it's not even available worldwide and all data that can be collected is anonymized. Not sure what you're freaking out over exactly.
>spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
>twitter.com/tomscott/status/1085238644926005248
Oh, God, this again... A clueless "content creator" who most likely turned on BAT without paying attention, didn't inform himself and what it is and what happens afterwards is exactly what he didn't bother to read. His currency got transferred, because he didn't collect it within 90 days. He also followed this by a Twitter rant which resulted in developers changing this behavior instead of "won'tfixing it", because it was entirely on him.
And you're as clueless as he is, because you're claiming this is malware here .
Also for these geniuses:

Hi Brendan!

Turn it on*

Literally zero effort. You're just here to shitpost, great...

No decent script blocker.
"allowed ads" fucking lmao how cucked do you have to be to even consider wanting and tolerating that?

Faggots.

>shilling open source software
Not how it works. Also, both Ungoogled-chromium and Iridium are one version behind at best, fail to compile half of the time on Linux - so, the conclusion draws itself on what you should use.

Attached: 47637972956.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Chrome botnet.

God... Another genius...
>No decent script blocker
It's literally in the fucking built-in shield and that's coming from the guy who created Javascript himself in the first place. Also, what is UBlock Origin?
>"allowed ads" fucking lmao how cucked do you have to be to even consider wanting and tolerating that?
Does it hurt to be this deliberately full of shit and/or misinformed? How do you make it to the bottom of the thread and not read a single reply?

>low quality bait
>indulging shitposter and spoonfeeding them everything

butthurt shill
nobody gives enough of a shit about your thread to read through all of it before commenting
you dumb cunt

Or you could just fuck right back to discord

BIDF
Brendan Internet Defense Force

Im not going to comment about sites that consider updates spyware or idiots talking about cryptocurrency mining you have to turn on yourself but Im using brave on redmi note 5 and its about twice as fast as firefox, it blocks ads and also scripts if you want. Thats about it, use whatever you want.

In conclusion:

Is there a way to tell Brave NOT to record my history? I can't seem to find this option on any Chromium browser unless its hidden somewhere..

brave's whole business concept is to block ads, then serve their own
the entire browser is one big MITM, why would anyone willingly use it?

>about cryptocurrency mining you have to turn on yourself
It's not mining, it can be converted to cryptocurrencies, that's all.
>but Im using brave on redmi note 5 and its about twice as fast as firefox, it blocks ads and also scripts if you want
You should really be using Kiwi Browser on mobile. It's open source as well, but offers extension support which no other Webkit based browsers on mobile do.

Cucks like to be Brave.

can someone actually explain the bat thing to me

>Is there a way to tell Brave NOT to record my history?
You start it in incognito mode? It has a purple welcome screen then, but you can be mislead if you choose the dark theme. All other browsers have it dark/grey.

Mh, good conclusion retard, its true, in only here to shitpost as opposed to you discord pajeets who are here to shill their useless spyware fork of a browser.
The funny thing is that you are probably doing this for free. Fuck you and fuck your shitcoin, retards.

Attached: 1555499873493.png (495x365, 175K)

>then serve their own
Genius, it's. opt. in. And why shouldn't they serve their own? The data is anonymized and they offer an alternative to the cancerous web 2.0 model we have now. Not entirely realized, but it could be. What the fuck MITM are you talking about?

>can someone actually explain the bat thing to me
An alternative in the making for the cancerous web 2.0 ad monetization that's currently implemented. The data is anonymized and the currency can be converted into cryptocurrencies, which isn't the best idea ever. I don't understand how people are not giving them credit for at least attempting to offer an alternative.
basicattentiontoken.org

It's meme coin in brave browser that tracks your how many times you visit a site and how long you spend there and then gives the site owner some meme coin. If the site owner don't have any shit coin wallet it goes Brendan's (or the guys afflicted with him) pocket.

>The data is anonymized
lmao
you believe anything don't you

lol
i'm using firefox and keep iririum on my computer for times like few days ago

>>The data is anonymized
>lmao
>you believe anything don't you
You. Don't. Have. To. Believe. Anything. Genius. It's source code is available, this isn't that proprietary Dissenter forked garbage.

What the fuck is this shit? Either explain or don't.

>What the fuck is this shit? Either explain or don't.
You are Brendan damage control. There's nothing more to explain.

>huur u shill bro
Yeah, fascinating...

>Company employee says on official product git issue tracker you need to change code recompile and set env vars to disable telemetry
>hurr just click button u cool

If you use Brave it is perfectly fine. Though saying I use Brave because of privacy is like saying I record myself 24/7 and then send it to NSA and KGB because they offer me privacy.

Correct. I wouldn't be surprised if you are the Brendan himself.

>the Brendan
Devil trips and a new name for Brendan! Noice.

>tracks your how many times you visit a site and how long you spend there and then gives the site owner some meme coin

LMAO, what the fuck is this explanation. This is the poorest attempt at explaining something I've ever seen. Either you're trolling or you're sub-retard IQ.

BAT is a cryptocurrency that can be earned, bought, and sold. If you decide you'd like to earn it, you toggle "BAT Ads" on the browser. Brave will distribute BAT to you according to how many ads you receive. Basically they're compensating you for turning off Adblock through micropayments of cryptocurrency.

It doesn't track your information, it's not privacy invasive, it's all anonymous and it costs you nothing. It's literally Web 3.0 but people don't trust things they don't understand.

Attached: brave bat.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

be Brave, white man.

4channers are so cynical they excuse any positive feedback and excitement surrounding something as "shilling".

I get it, but at the same time you have to take a step back and figure things out on your own, or you'll always be an uninformed retard screeching "SHILL!!!" at anything with a natural buzz around it, and you'll always get left behind whenever something new, innovative and exciting is getting talked about. Protip: sometimes there's a reason people talk about things and are excited about them. It's because they're good.

Attached: blackpill.png (800x600, 50K)

What telemetry? Jesus, what you posted about is that clueless "content creator" and for the thousandth father fucking time - BAT is opt-in, data is anonymized even if opted in to and everything is open source so you can verify all of this. It's like I'm talking to a wall.
>Though saying I use Brave because of privacy is like saying I record myself 24/7 and then send it to NSA and KGB because they offer me privacy.
You're the same as that spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
guy.
>some browsers have Google as the default search engine = using Windows 10 with Chrome

Yeah, great...

>4channers are so cynical they excuse any positive feedback and excitement surrounding something as "shilling".
This is true. But... they can also be quite naive and not realise that there ARE people out there who are literally getting paid to jump on a forum and "promote" discussion about the kewl new fangled thing they've found.

questioning motives != being cynical

could you be more obvious of a shill

>This is true. But... they can also be quite naive and not realise that there ARE people out there who are literally getting paid to jump on a forum and "promote" discussion about the kewl new fangled thing they've found.
This assumption is especially stupid on Jow Forums because there are no names or account and you'd just be wasting time even attempting to prove something like that. We get Apple threads spammed, but who really knows if it's just some sperg trying to get a rise out of people or whoever else.

Accounts*

>there ARE people out there who are literally getting paid to jump on a forum and "promote" discussion about the kewl new fangled thing they've found

Without a doubt, I'm saying that you can't always dismiss every single post as a "shill" which a lot of people tend to do because they're too low IQ to discern natural buzz from coordinated discord posts or paid advertising. Their "shill" alarms go off and instead of using critical thinking, they automatically respond "SHILL!" because they're braindead NPCs without the capability to critically think.

Please tell me you aren't genuinely this naive.

Traffic for the sites owner/brave devs doesn't matter where it comes from - yt, user forums wherever. IT'S FUCKING TRAFFIC for them which then equals downloads, which then equals tracking and gibs for the devs from advertisers...

Fucking hell there are some dumb cunts out there.

>you can't always dismiss every single post as a "shill" which a lot of people tend to do
Agreed. But as I've just pointed out in the txt above to the other user - there are some genuinely naive people on here.

Critical thought is sadly a skill we no longer teach
>t. frmr primary school teacher.

Attached: Luna Ghost.jpg (940x627, 40K)

Watch out boys we've got some intellectuals here.

>which then equals tracking and gibs for the devs from advertisers...
What fucking tracking? This isn't that proprietary Dissenter forked crap with that Gab extension that allows you to comment on every website. That could track you and you'd be none the wiser, because it's proprietary, but their explanation is that it's at least not the "big data" doing it.
Brave on the other hand is open source and this "tracking" is anonymized and only comes into effect when and if you turn BAT on. It doesn't take a genius to understand this and you're still not getting it even after 80 replies in this thread. And you call someone else dumb...

You. Are. A. Reddit. Faggot. that should dilate its woundhole, eat shit and die.
Nobody is buying your shit shill.
Brave is crap and so are you.

>>and contains a ledger system that anonymously measures user attention aggregate to accurately reward publishers.
>basicattentiontoken.org/about/
>>The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs.
>basicattentiontoken.org/

Out. Of. The. Box.

>It's source code is available
And coincidentally when you DO check the source code you see how the browser doesn't offer any privacy at all and you have to decompile, change, and recompile the whole thing yourself just to get it to stop using telemetry
Great browser!

It just werks!

Ahem

that's a an awfully in depth explanation bredan (you anus)

There's already four thread on this Brendan botnet. He's seriously going bankrupt.

I love Brave and will continue to use it, but it's not the best browser (yet). It still has little bugs they need to work out

You literally can't read. I can't help you.

>And coincidentally when you DO check the source code you see how the browser doesn't offer any privacy at all
HOW? HOW SPECIFICALLY? Boy this should be good coming from someone who can't understand what opt-in means for a start.

stop shilling a shitty fucking browser.

>it thinks it's conversing with the same poster
lol
go back to where you came from

>HOW? HOW SPECIFICALLY?
You could try reading the thread, considering it's been stated over and over again.

Well done 10 million BAT has been deposited to your account.