Microsoft? Won

> Microsoft is launching a new command line app for Windows, dubbed Windows Terminal. It’s designed to be the central location for access to environments like PowerShell, Cmd, and the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Microsoft is adding multiple tab support alongside theming and customization for developers who want to tweak the Terminal app.

> Windows Terminal will also support emoji and GPU-based text rendering. Microsoft unveiled the new Windows Terminal app during the company’s Build developer conference today. The software giant is planning to make it available in mid-June, and it marks Microsoft’s latest efforts to improve the developer environment on Windows 10.

Attached: Windows_Terminal_4.0.jpg (1400x927, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sinclairinator/status/1125477116022157313
github.com/Microsoft/Terminal
mega.nz/#!DuYljALb!lH7lJIfsqebgEpsXUss43aRAeGU_jVMu1zP13fhkCgU
mybuild.techcommunity.microsoft.com/home#top-anchor
youtube.com/watch?v=8gw0rXPMMPE&app=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> have 3 different terminal environments
> instead of fixing that let's put them all in same program
why is windows such a mess?

Welcome to the current year time traveler from 2015. No its still not ready yet, try again.

fucking finally, this will btfo every other desktop os

They literally presented this minutes ago, lad

how would you fix it

install gentoo

> Windows Terminal will also support emoji
Yeah because that's what I've been missing from terminals for decades.

Let me guess, the performance will still be shit, but it will beat winblows native performance again.

remove 2, improve 1

That looks like such a fucking mess

t. apple

Looks like the botnet is getting desperate.
No, seriously, if you link GNU/Linuxey type things, just install GNU/Linux. You don't need any botnet layer for it to run on top of. Just install GNU/Linux on bare metal and be done with the botnet all together.

too many people rely on powershell and cmd. same reason win32 is still not deprecated although people still use soft built with it.

wtf would you make wsl the default command line it's slow af

and that's why windows 10 is such a mess, they should keep legacy legacy and not have them in new versions of windows

Why the fuck would I need to use emoji on the mf TERMINAL lmfao

Attached: 32f.jpg (600x578, 30K)

i believe they're making something like cygwin of their own. i don't use windows personally but this is indeed good news for developers.
but that would mean more work.

>emoji
Finally the terminal stops being a boys only club and becomes more inclusive. I hope MS realizes the importance of gender equality and diversity when they design them. Buckle up, guys!

They understand their fragile position and want to suck up all the developers as well. It's simply "S-s-see, y-you don't need for Linux!", too bad it gives people like OP ideas.
But that would mean supporting old versions because everyone is too lazy to upgrade, or in the case of W10, doesn't want an """upgrade""". They have to push their shit somehow, and this is the most profitable solution. Too bad it's shit for the consumer.

and then nobody uses new versions of windows

Nobody likes your bullshit Microsoft GTFO

hate to meme, but they need to start trimming that legacy fat

Attached: blj32insk.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

I can do that shit on LInux already. Checkmate Windowslets.

>Windows Terminal will also support emoji
for fuck's sake

Attached: 8c3.jpg (680x576, 118K)

Wat

do you know why normalfags love windows so much? because it just works. it's bloated but works. if it wasn't bloated it wouldn't work so that won't change.
then again, i wounder if i'm actually right about that since reactos is still a thing.

Sure and lose all my apps.

start over from scratch

>emoji
>gpu text rendering
this will use electron
screenshot this post

I will take WINE/Proton being ever so slightly worse than Windows at general game performance over the cluster fuck that is Win32 and NT any day of the week. Being able to run htop and cowsays in a containerized environment isn't fucking impressive when you consider that the interfaces for those subsystems are a mess of non-standard fuckery that only makes people's toolchains even more complicated. Now that I'm confident in Proton, I have zero reason to be on Windows.

Btw, unless Microsoft is able to continue to carry its business through cloud support, Office, and hardware sales, you're beyond retarded if you have any investments in that company for the foreseeable future.

>command console
>power shell
>windows terminal

Why

now you linux soiboys have no excuse
COMMAND LINE INTERFACEEEE

Wow a bloated pseudo terminal. Great job microshit.

more like vscode with internal terminal maximized

cool!
now get rid of cortana and all the telemetry bullshit and maybe i'll think about going back to windows

Cool! I love having to remember 3 different scripting languages to do my job!

... which runs on electron

you're not prescient for saying this

No because they'd remove the one reason why people like windows.
The fact that I can get something like Gl-quake running natively says a lot.

into the trash it goes

It doesn't run on electron, it's written in C++.
Linux' days are numbered. Hope you have your Windows installation CD ready ;)

>Visual Studio Code Remote extensions + Windows Terminal + WSL2
they sure are on a roll

Attached: ______.png (950x673, 129K)

twitter.com/sinclairinator/status/1125477116022157313

emoji support
font ligatures
themes and extensions
tabs
GPU accelerated
Unicode
clickable URL and PATHS

github.com/Microsoft/Terminal

BRB I'm compiling

Why can't they just have one terminal emulator that does everything

>emoji support

I guess they want to take the sanctity out of everything.

chad Microsoft: need a github accaunt - buy whole github

no need to

You can get it from t.co/LgcN3D3JiU

kek

tindows werminal

For what purpose? Who looked at a terminal and thought it needed emojis?

Will this be avaiable for pic related?

Attached: best_winchad.png (745x133, 13K)

no i will NOT use ur botnet prog

EMBRACE
EXTEND
EXTINGUISH

But can it run mysql?

merge powershell and cmd, make WSL a powershellcmd program

so you can browse normie posts in instagram-terminal-news-feed

excellent unicode support test

But I already have linux installed on windows.

this
Cool, now we will have a decent terminal emulator for 'blows, an operating system that has inferior scripting capabilities than every other operating system. The problem with windows was not the shitty terminal emulator, it was that the OS itself is garbage. If you want to tinker with your OS windblows is the absolute worse option you can have.

there is literally no reason to ever install loonix on anything anymore

Nobody has ever wanted to tinker with their OS except for neets on Jow Forums who have nothing better to do than make sure their riced desktop always shows some trap they jerk off to.

LOL MS must be in trouble if they need to hire brown street shitters like you to shill for Windows.

Your post is quite ironic. It's OK, I'm sure someday someone will award you for all the years you've wasted away ricing your DE and shilling Linux.
0.1% btw ;)

No, they are fixing it. They are unifying it all.

BAIT
Stop replying to bait!(yeah I see the irony)

open sourcing the nt kernel next

emojis in a terminal? why? do women even use terminals?

why do people want to use terminals for? Do you guys not like simplicity or something? This shit confuses the fuck out of me.

LOL, take that crap back to Kindergarten

see the video from

One can only hope

Man they're really getting desperate.

Attached: iceman and nate are not amused.png (853x480, 723K)

if they make a freemium OS i switch to them.
It should be just the basic functionality of an OS with no bullshit and no GUI the rest you piece up by using Linux existing software.

Winbot.net 10

thanks but..

Either you need a new certificate installed for this app package, or you need a new app package with trusted certificates. Your system administrator or the app developer can help. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which isn't trusted (0x800B0109)

mega.nz/#!DuYljALb!lH7lJIfsqebgEpsXUss43aRAeGU_jVMu1zP13fhkCgU

double click on the cer file
and then double click on the appx

It worked for me

Дa.

Attached: 1557164865618[1].png (1080x1100, 146K)

command prompt and powershell are obsolete, only faggots run shit from the cmd line, while us GUIchads are saving time and energy by clicking scripts and buttons

>saving time
>gui

I think I have screwed it up when running the setup without having ran the cer file. Now i cannot get it to work anymore, nice meme windows :^)

brainlet here. is it just a consolidation so that you can run cmd, powershell and wsl scripts together?

What a faggot.

linuxfags BTFO by microsoft.

mybuild.techcommunity.microsoft.com/home#top-anchor

minute 1:35

Microsoft is a trainwreck under that fucking street shitter.

welp
It's "The Microsoft 365 Platform: A Vision for Windows and Office Developers" video on demand

can i finally stop and restart printer spooler with ease?

Official video

youtube.com/watch?v=8gw0rXPMMPE&app=desktop

>support emoji
ZOOOOM ZOOM ZOOM

sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!! xDDDDDD

Attached: Capture.png (649x438, 192K)

wow they are REALLY desperate for the itoddler userbase

delete system32 and install gentoo

They will actually integrate the Linux kernel, meaning all of that will be the same thing, not just 3 different things in the same program.

What's wrong with CMD?
CMD and PowerShell are windows programs
wsl is based, I wish I could root my phone
Termux sux

Attached: 0274010.jpg (1066x428, 177K)