NetBSD

Does anyone here actually use this? What's good about it? I see lots of OpenBSD threads but I've seen a couple NetBSD threads lately and I'd like to know more.

Attached: netbsd.png (1200x919, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-cons.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are good use cases for the BSD license, and it's cool as fuck there's enough BSD to make a BSD+foss desktop OS, but there's no good reason anyone should punish themselves by suffering it as a daily driver.
GNU/Linux exists.

Not even GNU/Linux.
Even Alpine and Void musl would most likely be more usable than BSD as daily driver

The only Berkeley Distribution worth of using is, unironically, MacOS

What about Darwin?

is there any advantage to use NetBSD or OpenBSD for web server instead of Linux?

Lighter and simpler

I'm going to give it a go once 500GB SSDs become like 40 bucks.

No, the only reason it exists is for people to run an open OS on ancient and/or niche CPUs like the Hitachi SH-3 (dreamcast).

Thank you for continuing to keep Jow Forums spergs out of the /pure/ BSD world and in the GNU/Linux commie circus. Please keep talking about how BSD is "bad" in every thread so the hoards of neckbeard incels on this board never give it a chance, and thus never infect it. I will go along with it too.

t. autist incel who spergs out over an opinion

BSDs are a full operating system developed by one team, linux distributions are merely a collection fo ports.
Kernel and userspace developed together allowing for better integration and optimizations, removing features and having a consistent system where utilities usually share their some aspects as configuration formats etc.

no

Shoulda posted quicker than

Attached: 1556123459368.jpg (637x476, 78K)

I would use it as my daily driver if it was easier. The ports system alone makes my head spin.

I only use netbsd to necro ancient machines with no active ports of any kind like ye old Cobalt qube 2.

>The ports system alone makes my head spin.
whats so hard about going into a directory and building something?

Easier to configure and run, especially for OpenBSD.

>

I use it all the time, I'm a member at sdf.org and that's what we run there.

That's fag talk.

>like the Hitachi SH-3 (dreamcast).
Dreamcast was SH-4

i had it installed and was going to fix it up with xorg & mate, but the damn syslog messages kept fucking up the screen instead of going to a text file in /var/log/ and i could not keep a clean console to get anything done, fuck netbsd until they clean that shit off the screen

ctrl-alt-f3 while at the console, before logging in
Unfortunately, you do need to switch from the main console to a virtual terminal in some situations.

See this for details.
netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-cons.html
>ou can now switch virtual consoles by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Fn or similar, depending on the platform