How is this OK? The Epic company is pushing Linux support out the window. Recently, a game I like to play, Rust...

How is this OK? The Epic company is pushing Linux support out the window. Recently, a game I like to play, Rust, has declared they're seriously considering signing off on their Linux builds; I assume this is due to the EAC fiasco.

Attached: 1557160244717.png (1080x2965, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newzoo.com/insights/articles/newzoo-2017-report-insights-into-the-108-9-billion-global-games-market/
nikopartners.com/china-pc-online-games/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>supporting Linux is like moving to Canada
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?

But honestly, I'm not surprised that the CEO or whatever he is of a GAME developing company uses childish arguments. Games are for children.

Attached: brainlet-maga.jpg (866x900, 124K)

Gaming is one of the things that grows Linux' popularity, or, at the very least, helps stabilize it.

>Sweeney has compared using Linux to leaving to Canada.
Americans are fucking retarded.

AHAHAHAHA

Attached: hdi.png (612x561, 32K)

>one of the things that grows Linux' popularity
Yeah, right... Only after, you know, being the market leader in servers, embedded, etc. and being used for infrastructure by billion dollar companies that invest money and developer time into it?

Gaming on Linux is a "nice to have", but I honestly don't give a fuck about it beyond that.

AAAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAAA

Attached: ihdi.png (463x719, 30K)

The most insulting thing about all this is that he compared Linux to Canada. Fuck Canada. Give me liberty or give me death.

fuck off to /v/

based Sweeney, he knows GNU/Linux is the superior platform

CANADIANS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>inequality adjusted
get the fuck out of here commie

>Give me liberty
>liberty
hahahahahaha
aaaaaaaaahahahahahaha
fucking peasant, enjoy some nigger diddling your ass just to get in to a fucking plane

>1% having it fucking fantastic means that everyone has it fucking fantastic

Attached: 1percent.png (515x525, 82K)

In some ways Canada has more freedom than America. Like the freedom to go to school without getting shot for example.

>Tfw moved to Iceland from the USA and life has never been better

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (999x1000, 86K)

AAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAAA

Attached: Dec-10-18-Top-20.jpg (590x413, 59K)

Attached: CopyQ.eegCII.png (623x454, 114K)

I don't care because I don't play video games. I don't play video games because I'm not a child.

also

elaborate fren. tell me about iceland, how easy was it to immigrate there?

We're #5! We're #5!

Attached: let-s-go-canada-1st-world-war-poster.jpg (325x488, 28K)

He's talking about the consumer market which Linux has absolutely failed to penetrate, you illiterate mongoloid

Yeah, Canada has lots of freedom, like the freedom to be imprisoned for 20 years for misgendering someone.

Australia should be dropped down to 90 for banning encryption though. Or has that not officially happened yet?

If you're buying games from anywhere but GOG you're by default cucking yourself so deal with it.

Freetards BTFO.

Very easy since I have Icelandic waifu fren

It's a nice place, nothing bad to say about it

So basically, stay in Retardland, but stop voting for retards.
That has absolutely nothing in common with using GNU/Linux.
GNU/Linux users are the smart people living in Smartland.

Good luck being employed In the United States ignoring trannies pronoun demands too.

If you fell for the DRM meme, you deserve this.

Attached: 1546927740709.png (615x660, 78K)

>Good luck being employed In the United States ignoring trannies pronoun demands too.
Easy to do if you stay the fuck away from tech. Get a real job doing construction in America and you can make jack while smoking a joint on the fucking roof.

Epic is a cancer. Tim Sweeny deserves the rope.

Anyone familiar with buying gamekeys off sites like g2a? If I a game is client exclusive I rather they get no shekels from me.

>mostly gfx drivers

Attached: 1515947348524.gif (240x240, 482K)

>PC gaming
>consumer market
Friendly reminder that computer gaming and esports are a niche market.

>failed to penetrate
Failed implies an effort from an actor. Linux is not a company, therefore it has not attempted to penetrate anything.

>and you can make jack
In more ways than one

Hello friend, i live in iceland too, i live in the capital, hows your life?

>US
>liberty
Fucking LMAO

LINUXFAGS BTFO

Attached: laugh001.gif (220x216, 39K)

Fuck nvidia and their proprietary drivers.
Thank you based AMD for amdgpu.

Show Canadian food prices!!

>computer gaming
>niche

Epic is so based!

>implying it's not Microsoft that's
behind this

Compare it to consoles and mobile gaming, it accounts for less than 20% of the gaming industry.

>Canada is free
>get black bagged and hauled to expedite kangaroo court of sjw, if you are not a protected minority.

Attached: 1555527890715.jpg (936x857, 441K)

ch*nks

Microsoft doesn't need to be behind a move like this
It's a financial decision from Epic
Why bother with Linux that is only going to be 2-3 percent of users at most but 90% of the problems

le*fs

cringe and bluepilled

That's still half a billion people according to most estimates.

I would say that's quite far from "niche"

>installing Linux is like moving to Canada
But faggot CEO, I have been on Linux for longer than you graduated whatever coding bootcamp you crawled out of. He assumes I'd now switch to Linux, but I never even left.

Planning on doing this, except with Switzerland

>How is this OK?
It's a private company, they can do whatever they want. :^) But seriously, this is to be expected. Vulkan and to a lesser extent DX12 require actual work from the game developers, and we can't have that now can we? God forbid the fags had to pay double for their mistake ridden engine they've clumped together. It's not hard to see Linux as a threat. Easier to shit just out DX11 virtue signaling titles for 60 dollars a pop.

Linux is build by every server and embbeded company that exists. They sell hardware, server software licenses, etc, instead of bowing down to some third party company for an OS for their systems, they use coloborate on making linux.
PC gaming companies should take an hint, intead of bowong down tp windows and diretchx why not cooperate on making linux a gaming OS?
Cut the microsoft tax. Even microsoft is funding more linux than their own windows server.
Cooperate on shit that every one needs and you won't be able tp sell anyway. That's the reason linux is in almost every phone and in almost every server.

It isn't, Epic is garbage and anti-consumer. Unfortunately there's not much you can do other than making sure you don't give them any money.

>country's population has to use an app sponsored by the government to check and make sure the girl they're asking out isn't accidentally closely related because the population is so inbred

Good luck doing that as a gamer, when so many games use Unreal engine. Epic was already loaded before the fortnite ocean of parents stolen money.

>That's still half a billion people according to most estimates.
According to who's estimates?

No need for that as an immigrant!
Iceland best country for gaijin.

Feels good to be on top desu.

Don't play or simply pirate UE games then.

>be French
>not even on the board
Union with Germany when

newzoo.com/insights/articles/newzoo-2017-report-insights-into-the-108-9-billion-global-games-market/
Pretty much every estimate puts the number of people playing games worldwide at between 2 and 2.5 billion, if we assume that only 20% of them are actual PC gamers that gives you between 400000 and 500000 PC gamers world wide

Hell, there are other market reports stating that about 312 million insects played a game on PC in 2019, even you assume that most of them are casual playing shitty browser games there is still a large number of insect PC gamers
nikopartners.com/china-pc-online-games/

So yeah, PC gaming isn't a "niche" market

>manchild alienated a sizeable chunk of the market to make his knee slapper Canada jab.
Imagine if Notch was this retarded the amount of damage two of these morons can do to an industry.

Stop fucking saying desu

>sizeable chunk of the market
see

>312 million played at least once in 2019 means that PC gaming is not a niche market
Yet being installed on 400 million laptops and desktops (if we include chromebooks), means that the year the Linux desktop will never ever ever happen.....

Attached: think-fu.png (903x983, 124K)

newfag

But i dont have a say in how microsoft handles windows 10.
On most linux issues i can:
Make an issue
Use an alternative to that software(even the kernel)
Make my own custom patch
Make my altermative(from scratch or based on that)

Yes, conclusive proof that because this one nothing game has a low Linux user base that the entire gaming industry parallel's this statistic. I am now convinced Sweeney is a god who can see the future, thanks user.

>be canadian
>poor, but frugal
>basically priced out eating non-processed meat
thanks for this image, it's perfect

Attached: 1536054373164.png (680x932, 270K)

PC is almost as big as all consoles combined, every individual console would be significantly below PC. Mobile is much larger than PC or any console. PC is not in any way niche, unless you also want to claim that PS4, Xbox and Switch are all niche as well.

Attached: Global_Games_Market_2018.png (4000x2250, 180K)

I think of migrating to Iceland from Poland. Is it worth it?

I'm fed up with Polish politicians being retards, and Poles behaving like 12 year olds. I'm willing to switch to an entirely different culture, and I heard good things about Iceland

Your shit is so expensive its on the level of greek prices.

northern Canada is fucked

Attached: joose.jpg (620x465, 110K)

>wanting proprietary shitware
Very unbased

Idk how many liters that is but 1lt orange juice here is like 1.30€ to 1.80€
Guess those people need to lower their gdp by growing their own things.

how can a company be so utterly shit?

>greek prices
Is shit in greece expensive? I thought that, everything is dirt cheap over there due to the crisis.

>3.49L
>I don't know how many liters that is
European education.

Why would you live in frozen tundra where everything has to get shipped into. It made sense in the past when people were more self sufficient

US fag here again Fren- many polish people move here, so you'll find a community to fit into easily. But Polish people are discriminated against hard because of so many polish immigrants coming and taking advantage of the country (working and sending money back to Poland, living here for 10 years and never bother to learn language or culture etc) basically just disrespecting the country. Because of this it's hard for polish people to find (good) work. But life is great when you make it great! Good luck

Attached: Dv1WSEWWkAAU_i-.jpg (946x2048, 284K)

>What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?
Proprietary games are for manchildren and should stay in their manchild shithole of an OS.

You were born there and can't afford to leave + nowhere to go.

>buying games

Turns out i am mistaken. Canada is in a worse state than us.
Look for me everything looks expensive now because i used to get things like a big bag of chips for 1.20€ and now when i look at the price its 1.50 to 1.80
But really because a lot of people here grow their own things they really have to keep prices low in order for people to buy it.
I buy honey from a neighbour policeman(illegally because no receipt)
20 € for 3 kilos which lasts me a few months.

>Our product is shit, it's the Linux users fault.

Or you know i just didn't notice it.

You're running a legitimate risk of getting scammed either by getting a used key or by getting banned off of platform because they blacklist g2a keys. G2a has a refund system, but it took my friend 3 weeks to get 7 dollars back.

Right, how could you have? It's only pasted on the label inside the brightly colored rectangle.

Page #2

Attached: Dv1WSEDXQAEoIPv.jpg (946x2048, 287K)

The abusers thing. That's uncool. But maybe if I learn a lot/gain an Icelandic citizenship it will be easier.
Thanks for info

>attempting to roast the guy who wrote the unreal engine himself
just fucking lol

>getting an icelandic girlfriend
Holy LARP Batman

Dude for sure you'd be better off. Work hard, be kind, and at least act like you give a fuck about Iceland as a country and its locals and everyone will love you.

Gangi þér vel :) (translates to good luck)

Jæja :^) komdu Hlemmur fren

Attached: 90GTFrO_d.jpg (514x452, 9K)