Is there any alternative to these books and courses for hobbyist that aren't 40 hours lecture course and 1k books?

teachyourselfcs.com/

Is there any alternative to these books and courses for hobbyist that aren't 40 hours lecture course and 1k books?

nigga, I just want to make a loli rape eroge on SDL with 3D backgrounds using Opengl 2.1 not fucking become carmack or some PHD guy.

Attached: 155580232439.jpg (793x786, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhfAbcv9cehhkG7ZQK0nfIGJC_C-wSLrx
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlrATfBNZ98foTJPJ_Ev03o2oq3-GGOS2
teachyourselfcs.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MIT has it's courses available online for free.

but they're 20-30 hours long, I just want a crash course.

Coursera / Pluralsight.

Also try this: gen.lib.rus.ec/

Are they good? Which ones do you reccommend?

Definitely pluralsight for crush courses, but they don't have the biggest variety.

Coursera is hit or miss, but they do have pretty much everything under the sun.

>SDL with 3D backgrounds using Opengl 2.1

Oh well there's actually a lot of resources you can --

>but they're 20-30 hours long, I just want a crash course.

Then there's nothing. At a MINIMUM, you're going to need to spend at least ~20 hours learning this shit to a competent level to make your "loli rape eroges."

SDL
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhfAbcv9cehhkG7ZQK0nfIGJC_C-wSLrx

OpenGL
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlrATfBNZ98foTJPJ_Ev03o2oq3-GGOS2

90% of CS degree is useless shit for games.

The only math from a CS degree that has any use in games is linear algebra.

The only topics you need from a CS autism degree for coding games without an engine are C/C++, linear algebra, trigonometry, algorithms and data structures, networking and maybe optimization.

Anything else is a meme for industry faggots and academia masturbation.

Just use Unity. If you can't be assed to read a book, anything more low level is going to be too much.

Sorry I meant from the MIT courses. But thank you for the other answer.

as much as i hate to say it, this.

and physics

what the hell do cs undergrads spend the other 90% doing? I thought it was just the stuff you listed

What do you mean?

They spend the rest learning meme frameworks and libraries written by their professors. Not even kidding.

What

Will that help me in the real world?

not really though

How so?

>The only math from a CS degree that has any use in games is linear algebra.

this makes me wonder what the math is FOR?

Don’t you want to be well rounded?

Hello?

But what do I search for in your link?

Hello

fuck cris, those things demands time, you want finish everything in 2 months but end up waste years.

anyone else hates this interation of pepe the most?
is like i want to literally kill the poster in sight.

Then just fucking use Unity or Unreal.

If you just want to kode then look up tutorials. If you want to be a competent software engineer then learn CS.

Who’s cris? Mike is that you?

What’s the difference between the two?

Fine

What’s a software engineer?

If you want to make your own games you're going to need to learn about art, music, animation, (possibly game theory if the game is competitive) and storytelling as well. Unless you're going to either wing it (and end up creating absolute dogshit) or outsource that work (in which case you might as well just become autistically good at one specific aspect of CS so you can work at a studio, but you won't be involved in the artistic parts of the game).

Finally, depending on the type of game you want to make you're going to need plenty of other CS classes. AI, image processing, computational geometry, combinatorics among other things.

That’s so many things

it's an online library, you search for books and borrow pdfs/epubs from their servers

lmao retard

you need to be artistic too user. I'm not saying games are art (they're not) but having shit visuals/UI is not good

>borrow

Attached: 1556225071135.jpg (721x540, 117K)

Learning takes time

At my uni it's
Linear Algebra
Number Theory
Coding Theory
Cryptography
'Computational Mathematics' aka algorithms
Data structures
Parallel Computing
Systems Programming
Machine Learning
Networking
C++
Internships
More internships
Then some basic mathematical modelling and multivariable calculus shit

What’s the point of internships?

>teachyourselfcs.com/
I though that it's some christian website called "touchyourself.com" that teaches people not to masturbate.

Kode Monkeys are basically what you'd call "software developers" in the 90s. They're fresh people (usually with only a high school degree or equivalent) who are trained to write code to create "apps" for businesses. You don't let them architect solutions but they instead write code according to a plan (think Android app development, basic CRUD shit, GUI bullshit in the 90s, et cetera). Meanwhile software engineers look at technical problems and architect solutions based on constraints. They're not only writing code but planning out how a system works. Think people writing operating systems, supply line logistics software, Terry before he went insane (Ticketmaster), and so on. Basically Losers write the same rinse and repeat webapp whole software engineers write libraries.

because that's not what i did in my undergrad

What happens if I spend years studying this and realize I hate it?

Then you fucked up. I did the same but with economics lmfao.

Deets?