>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Radeon VII or 2070 Overclocked - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: fixing it.jpg (750x562, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/article/1785-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-vram-enough/
reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/ahs5a2/demystifying_memory_overclocking_on_ryzen_oc/?st=ju00nen8&sh=38f21737
techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_Memory_Tweaking_Overclocking_Guide/
overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/1628751-official-amd-ryzen-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/DPx2J8
pcpartpicker.com/list/D6TpCb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just passing trhu, excuse me

Attached: ram quality.png (1036x526, 120K)

>Radeon VII
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming
No no no and no

I have a PSVR already, I mainly want to buy the Rift S for Google Earth. I'm not even interested in any of the games.

yes hello someone dropped this, can you have it

Attached: MOBO Quality 2.png (1069x1833, 212K)

am I retarded for wanting an mITX build with a mini rtx 2060

I'm 6'3 so probably big hands, the card is a little over 10.5" long.

2060 can easily do 1080p80 and 1440p50
radeon is sligly better that 2070 and sometimes equal to 2080

2600x is okay until you get to the 100+fps grounds

it can work tbqh
you will need a good case with good airflow but the ITX 2060 work well

Attached: MOBO quality.png (1488x2008, 173K)

No, why? The 2060 is so power efficient

>Still shilling gigashyte

Stupid question but if I connect my PC to my 65" 4K TV will it be able to run the same 4K game I'm playing on my 27" 4K monitor? Say I'm playing Forza 4 in 4K and 60fps. Does it run the same on the 4K monitor or does it draw more power because the display size is larger?=

if i recall correctly thats from LTT forums

they may have some bad mobos but apparently gigashit has been delivering well recently

the panel will give you imput lag, there may be weird stutters and tears but in essensse it is the same

a 2060 can do 1440p@60 in almost everything, unless you're the sort of mong that just sets everything to ultra

whats the point in building a new rig that is already outdated? im not even mentioning the 6gb memory wich should be insufficient for 1440p textures

I'm planning on using the SG13 which is small but has enough room for a 140mm fan at the front

>SG13
be very careful with it because many ITX 2060 are 3 slot in size and that box has only 2

good news is that you should be able to stick a regular sized 2060, wich is the ideal. the ITX version reportedly OCes for less

Why are Kingston SSD so bad if they have dozens of good reviews?

Attached: 1488114240313.jpg (569x427, 53K)

some SSD manufacturers sometimes buidl them wrong on purpose.

WD green, intel 600p and the a400 series of kingston all have poor controllers, wich choke on write speeds when files are too big. in some cases the memory itself is also of the cheap variant and it just degrades faster

Wait for Navi, sirs.

What is a mouse bungee good for if I can just tape my mouse cable under the table?

I just want to thank you /pcbg/ because your general it's the only that don't have a loli dressed as a crocodile, biting a mechanical thing or any loli at all. Godspeed.

They bait and switch a lot, sending ok units out to reviewers then putting bottom of the barrel nand in the stuff they send to market.

Yeah I don't understand his shit posting that the 2600/X is somehow not a good 60+fps cpu.
It usually gets in the 100+ range, and 144 easily in "esports" games like overwatch, r6 siege, apex legends, rocket league, etc. Saying it's solid for just 60fps+ at a minimum is conservative.

1660Ti is even better perf/watt and better value unless you're sure it's not enough. Especially if you get one for $260 like I've seen. Don't forget you can OC it a bit.

>Playing with mods doesn't matter
>future game releases don't matter
>higher quality textures don't matter
May as well get a fucking 4Gb card at this point for 1440p why the fuck not because somehow VRAM just doesn't matter.
>unless you're the sort of mong that just sets everything to ultra
It's not about setting EVERYTHING to ultra.
You might not see a difference between ultra shaders and high shaders, ultra effects and high effects, but the difference between higher resolution textures is very clear. Better quality textures don't hardly lower your FPS, but they DO use more VRAM.

They get good reviews because
>it's better than my dying HDD and is cheap! I have no clue how garbage this thing really is

Gigabyte Intel boards are fine.
It's their GPUs and AMD boards which are indefensible garbage.

does your cord snaps on your desk?
tbqh i did the same, so who knows.

>outdated
it's the exact same as a 1070ti which is fine for 1440p

techspot.com/article/1785-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-vram-enough/

vram is a meme that you're falling for

>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming
>No no no and no
Show one example where it's not good enough (and something else is).

>Better quality textures don't hardly lower your FPS
depends on game engine
some game engines will swap the textures in and out of the vram, fucking your FPS, others will lower texture resolution to make it fit, wich wont fuck FPS but will screw image quality

you are still paying for a GPU that is tecnically outdated out of the box for 1440p simply because it cant reliably stay above 60fps in recent games

comparing it to a old card is not really a good thing. i get it it works, but note that 2 years from now it might not have power to keep 1440p60fps in new titles

I hang my mouse cords over my monitor's wall-arm so it 'floats' and I don't have cord snag or weight.

1070Ti has 2Gb more VRAM, dumbass. It'll last longer before you're forced to upgrade. Same with Vega56.

>Vram is a meme that you're falling for
>t. 1060 3GB and 970 3.5GB shill.

>others will lower texture resolution to make it fit, wich wont fuck FPS but will screw image quality
Yes, I'm aware. I don't think a $350 card should require sacrifice image quality like that when its competitor won't.
I know you know this already, but still, just to add.

The 2060 shills will act like game engines automatically gimping your texture quality is a GOOD thing and that it somehow means 6Gb is enough for every game and the upcoming next gen games when it's clearly not unless someone is fine with their moderately expensive card having blurrier textures.
It's like even if the 2060 had 4Gb of VRAM, they'd still shill it for 1440p because that's still enough for half the games which have come out the past 2 years, even though it's not enough for them all.

>I know you know this already, but still, just to add.
mostly a addition for the audiences out there

really hoping navi does something to this mid tier GPU shenanigans. i dont really have the option to buy used so a navi with the power of a 2070 even if without raytracing would be nice

Reposting because the last thread died.
The goal is a mini-ITX for 1080p 60hz gaming that I can transport easily.

Attached: 2019 ITX build.png (784x597, 44K)

Why isn't Nvidia using HBM or 16 gigs or vram for their GPUs?

What does a solid orange DRAM light mean on the mobo when trying to boot? Any ideas? I’ve taken apart everything twice and reassembled the damn thing.
How common is it to get a faulty motherboard in the mail? There was one small pin on the outside edge that was bent but i’m Not using it for anything. Could that really be keeping the whole pc from working?

Cuts into those meaty profit margins too much.
Gotta milk those gaymers. Now hand over your $1250.

ditch the cooler and buy a 2600x instead

why not get a proper SFF case? price?
you sure you need the extra of the modular PSU?

noone knows why novidya wont use paired memories. the 11gb, 3gb memes are really sad

HBM is a AMD thing because their cards are power hungry and HBM consumes less energy

nowadays theres very few games that go over the 5gb vram use. so 6 gb is enough until you are on 4k grounds, that needs much higher quality textures that the usual

is the pin touching anything?
check the damm manual

dont do this
every stock cooler is SHIT. amd included. yes i know you will bring spectre, its still shit compared to a aftermarket cooler

That case isn't exactly that small.
It's 26.1 liters...
Get something 18 liters or smaller to start with. SFX PSUs are more expensive, but it's worth being much smaller and lighter.
Already told you this.

Once you fix that, you'll probably want to look at a GPU with a better cooler and/or a 1660 or else you might have to downclock and undervolt the 580 to keep it cool in a small case.
And get a better CPU cooler like the Arctic 33 Freezer. It's also smaller so it's more liable to fit in a smaller case. You'd also probably be fine with the stock cooler with the 2600X instead. There are some 2600X+RX580 combo deals on some sites on sale right now.
Don't get Gigabyte boards for AMD.

They are, retard.
Now that you have your answer you can kill yourself.

Depends on board. Read your motherboard manual.

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_2019-05-06_17-19-37.png (1130x911, 130K)

I thought the only difference between 2600 and 2600X were stock clocks and a 'better' stock cooler in the box? Both are overclockable and can reach the same clocks with the same cooler.

I'd ditch the cooler and go with the X version like the other user said. I'm not sure how big the H200 is, might look at something smaller if you want to be moving it around.

Ehh no, the X is a higher bin and a 2600 can't hope to even reach the stock clocks of a 2600X.

>don't get gigabyte boards for amd
This is a meme.

Sure if you ignore all objective testing that show the VRM they use are overheating junk.

2600X isn't gauranteed higher binned. Some 2600s OC better.
2600X is just more comfy because you just enable PBO and you're done instead of spending hours overclocking and verifying the OC is stable. Saving hours is worth a few bucks more.
Plus they're on sale at a ton of retailers right now anyway.

A true meme.
That board is rated 3.3 on amazon for a reason. Gigabyte is garbage. They have more shit rated products than ASUS+MSI+ASRock and every other GPU manufacturer combined.

There must be something illegal or nefarious going on. A big and long standing company can't keep making every single product of theirs shit like they are. They don't even ACCIDENTALLY make something good once in a while. It's like they're all intentionally bad products to sabotage the company.
I'd buy a Biostar board before I buy Gigabyte if I had to chose between only those two.

>Some 2600s OC better.
I really hope you have evidence of this. And not just some "i did this" reddit post.

Could anyone guesstimate what a fair price would be for a used fury x? pic not related.

Attached: 373515374.jpg (679x679, 79K)

There is no proof 2600x are binned higher either, now is there? You're just assuming.
They're different TDP chips.

not a lot. 4Gb cards in general aren't worth much now days for good reason. Part of why it's stupid to shill 6Gb cards for 1440p is so dumb like some people insist on doing.
You might be able to get similar to what RX570 and 580 used are going for, which is around $70-$100.

about tree fiddy since it will have been mined to within an inch of it's life

>all objective testing
>muh bildzoid
kys

They aren't bad. Neither are Crucial SSDs. I own three Kingston 2.5 inch SSDs and one mSATA, all for about a year. I've only had problems with Sandisk and chinkshit SSDs which get excessively hot and have abysmal write speeds. And I say this as someone who doesn't do heavy disk I/O for my normal workload. So avoid Sandisk and chinkshit and go with Samsung, Crucial, or Kingston.

>>it's better than my dying HDD and is cheap! I have no clue how garbage this thing really is
That's sort of the point. They create no noise and even the slow ones are faster in day to day use than most HDDs. They're also shock resistant, which is a bonus for use in laptops. Cheap SSDs are totally fine if you don't depend on super high write speeds.

Attached: N.gif (400x400, 479K)

>There is no proof 2600x are binned higher either, now is there?
Other than the dozens and dozens of examples of 2600s not hitting over 4.0 OC, when a 2600X does 4.1 all core stock with PBO? Then no, no evidence at all...

Go on, explain your problem with buildzoid.

Hello sirs, please do the needful and wait for AMD 7nm cpu and gpu, regards.

hope they arent pricey
i was looking for a 2070ti equivalent but with a more acceptable price
ill likely never get it

Sir, confirmed by adoredtv:
Ryzen 8 core, $200
Navi 2080ti+15% performance, $280
Do the needful and wait for Computex release.

sir, please do the needful and STOP FUCKING POSTING YOU ANNOYING CUNT

>Ryzen 8 core, $200
>mini-threadripper ryzen
believable

>Navi 2080ti+15% performance, $280
this is fairy tale grounds

How much is my ryzen 5 2600 (4.0 GHZ OC) holding back my gtx 1080 ti?
My system struggles to keep constant 100+fps ar 1440p in more modern titles. I rarely see 80 to 100% GPU usage while the CPU usage varies from 70 to 90%.
I've got a stadard 16gb cl16 3200mhz ram kit and the temperatures are well below throttling limits. CPU stays at 60-70 C max and gpu maxes out at 75C. What gives?
Please no Ayymd/Shintel shitposting. This is legitimate discussion. Thank you

Attached: 1550099755693.jpg (1920x1197, 706K)

There are cases of 2600X only getting 4.0 at 1.38v, yet they still get better with PBO.
That's why I said myself, the main advantage of the 2600X is you enable PBO instead of spending hours fucking around (and possibly getting a worse result).
It's likely a lot of people just suck ass at overclocking. Overclocking CPU is a lot more difficult than GPU. That's more of why I'd recommend to not fuck around and just get the 2600X when it's on sale and enable PBO.

>Cheap SSDs are totally fine if you don't depend on super high write speeds.
The bigger issue is the low TDW.

You shouldn't be struggling for 100+ fps with the 2600 at 4ghz, no. Though it's generally more recommended to have a 2700X at least with a 1080ti/2080/RVII at 1440p and I don't know why you went with the 2600.
Is your RAM actually running at that speed? You sure it hasn't defaulted to 2133?

sir de needful xddddd gottem again mom!

OC the processor more
your CPU is maxing itself out before it forces the GPU. you should have no issues with a CPU at 80c or so

another option is to OC the memory to something noice like 3400 cl 14. wont be everything but will help.

>don't know why you went with the 2600.
it was only 150€.
>Is your RAM actually running at that speed?
yes.
>You shouldn't be struggling for 100+ fps with the 2600 at 4ghz
aren't ryzens mediocre at high refresh rate gaming?

>lot of people just suck ass at overclocking
its mobo dependant too so even if someone knows what hes doing hes fucked by the mobo

>OC the processor more
thanks for the advice. I've managed to get the 4.0 ghz at 1.3V on my mobo, but my CPu heatsing doesn't do a very good job.
Ill get a new one and maybe buy a better Zen2 CPU instead.
>>Is your RAM actually running at that speed?
I've tried fiddling with the ram timings in bios to get tighter timings on my Hynix kit, but to no avail. I always seem to mess it up every time and have too boot to the safe values to get a stable system.

Thanks. I was going to sell mine and I couldn't figure out why people were charging like $250+ on Ebay for one.

I'm gonna get a 2600X + 580 but if I don't care about overclocking or any extras and can just get one of those really cheap B450 motherboards, right?

have you increased voltage on the ram?
wait for the new amd cpus, maybe it will help you max out your gpu to get something 16t 4.5 ghz

If money was no object, what is the very best PC money could buy? tell me the combo of RAM + MOBO + CPU + GPU

Ryzen and Radeon 7, sir.

Is this a good motherboard?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 5.13.23 PM.png (1174x868, 1.2M)

For actual work? Mac workstation

Just raw computing power that could be used for work or gaming

By far the best Intel board.

yes, I think I have. 1.375 was the max, though.
I've used ryzen ram calculator and that's the highest I can go, I think.
I'd just get a 16gb cl14 3200 ram kit but I don't think it's a good idea to spend 200€ on ram while only spending 150€ on the CPU.

9900k, 2080ti, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Corsair 4400 ram. Is my guess.

>aren't ryzens mediocre at high refresh rate gaming?
They don't go quite as high as the 9700k, no, but I get 100+ with my 1600X which is significantly worse than the 2600 in a lot.
2600 @ 4GHz isn't ideal but it's not so bad that it should be bottlenecking your GPU by anything close to 20%.

Update the BIOS to the latest non-beta (as in, not the one that's for upcoming Ryzen 3000 CPUs) and work on tightening up the timings on the memory to get more out of it. You should abe able to get at least a 10% improvement there.
It's safe to put RAM up to at least 1.45v. You can maybe get up to 3333CL14 or 3400CL15 or so that way, or around there, if you're starting at 3200CL16 @ 1.35.

I don't think you can possibly get the 1080Ti to NEVER be bottlenecked with a 2600 without ridiculously fast RAM.
That extra 10% you're going to be missing after some tweaking above is what you'd gain from a 2700X and B-die. Or yeah, possibly Zen2.
>yes, I think I have. 1.375 was the max, though.
No, you can definitely go over 1.375v. DDR3 was going up to 1.6v.
>I'd just get a 16gb cl14 3200 ram kit but I don't think it's a good idea to spend 200€ on ram while only spending 150€ on the CPU.
Well no, not after you already have a presumably decent kit. Just work on OCing what you have.

Rarity I think.
I'm in a city of millions and there's none on craigslist here.

Yeah. MSI Gaming Plus or Bazooka V2 are only around $80 and decent.

2990WX
Optane with a 4Tb SSD in tiered storage with another fast main drive.
4x16Gb B-die dual-rank memory.
As for GPUs, I suppose four Titan Vs? Hard to say 2080Ti because it's the Radeon VII better than it in Blender, anything using fp64, and some other workloads? I wanted to say a 2080Ti and Radeon VII to use whichever is best for the workload, but 4x Titan Vs would be better.
You're looking at close to $15k.

>Just work on OCing what you have.
thank you for the advice. I'm not sure about OCing my 1080 ti since it's still got more than enough performance for the games that I currently play. but I will try pusing my r5 2600 towards 4.1 or 4.2 ehen I get a more decent CPu cooler. Maybe even tighten the ram timings, if I can learn to do that correctly for once. Thanks again

Attached: 1532507822044.jpg (332x439, 51K)

Nah, would be the 2990WX, Zenith Extreme Alpha, Titan RTX, etc.

I recently came across a large amount of money. If I built this computer, is there anything it couldn't handle?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 5.26.10 PM.png (1582x1308, 339K)

reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/ahs5a2/demystifying_memory_overclocking_on_ryzen_oc/?st=ju00nen8&sh=38f21737
techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_Memory_Tweaking_Overclocking_Guide/
overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/1628751-official-amd-ryzen-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread.html

Games.

4k HD Ultra @ 120hz.

>rarity
Hmm I guess I could see that. I live in Phoenix and even on craigslist there is only a few. I still think its silly people are wanting that much for it. I think you can get a used 980ti for under $200.

thanks. have a cute webm

Attached: 1547827694888.webm (574x852, 1.55M)

I didn't say anything about ocing the 1080ti. Like you said, you were at 80% load in some cases so you aren't GPU bottlenecked in the dips you're getting.
Update your BIOS and OC your RAM. These two things is all I said to do.
Another 100 or 200mhz on the CPU isn't going to make a noticeable difference compared to lower memory latency.

I forgot the Titan RTX exists. But it seemed largely worse than the Titan V.

>is there anything it couldn't handle?
staying cool with that 9980XE housefire
won't help you lose your virginity, either.

In all seriousness, raw 8k video editing and a few other things. Anything that can make use of more cores like software rendering.

Your money would be better spent elsewhere. That'll just be obsolete in a year.

Do it, I dare you.

i heard titan is not great for games

honestly get a 2080ti in nvlink and watercool both CPU and GPUs with a custom loop. ekwb is okay afaik and they have a lot of options for different GPUs

I'm considering this build. A bit more expensive than I want but I'm coming from a desktop replacement laptop running a i7-2630QM from over 7 years ago I don't mind paying around ~$1400
pcpartpicker.com/list/DPx2J8

I wasn't quite sure with some stuff as I haven't built a PC since the mid 2000s but I tried to get things that were compatible.
I value multi tasking over pure gaming power, and i understand that AMD would probably fit the task more than adequately for a considerably lower price, but I was advised by a friend that the next series of chips may come out soon so I didn't bother building an alt system yet.

Realistically I am aiming to build this around mid July. Any thing I can change or consider?

Attached: Ciel tattoos.jpg (627x997, 65K)

>I think you can get a used 980ti for under $200.
1070 is better and you can get those for under $200, too.
You could try $150 for the Fury X but I wouldn't pay that much.
The RX590 actually tends to match it in games now days. Fury X is often limited by VRAM and it's not optimized for in drivers on newer games.

Did you draw that? Make the boobs bigger next time
>pcpartpicker.com/list/DPx2J8
insanely suboptimal use of budget and you don't have a monitor.
>but I was advised by a friend that the next series of chips may come out soon so I didn't bother building an alt system yet.
Those new chips will work on current AMD boards. AM4 is supported until at least 2020. It's pretty likely, but not confirmed, that even Ryzen 4000 series is going to work on them next year, not just this upcoming series.

This is dumb but does an SSD come with the necessary cables?

if this is for a 1080p60 monitor its okay, for a 1440p60 monitor it should still work out well enough. consider a very basic 2070 model

the processor is kinda overkill, you use a lot of CPU bound applications? if i remember well 8700k does HT so it should work, but for raw processing power any i9 is good, and should still peform reliably better compared to the next amd series

are you sure the case, mobo and heatsink are compatible? check the NH d15s or the 12s, they have much better clearance and specifications on where they fit asides being better

>Did you draw that? Make the boobs bigger next time
I have no artistic talent. That's an image I got probably on /a/ probably before the split. Ciel is one of my favorite TM girls though.

>insanely suboptimal use of budget and you don't have a monitor.
Where should most of the budget be focused? I was under the impression that CPU, GPU and Mobo were the heart and soul of the system so I didn't want to skimp on them but I figured for my wants and needs an i7-8700k was sufficient over an i5-9600k and an i7-9700k. GPU I know I could probably go higher but I've been fairly out of the know with them since the mining bullshit price hike so i figured a 2060 was a safe bet.
For a monitor I was thinking of getting a 27" 1440p or maybe 2x 24" 1080p monitors

It's fine. Go ahead.

>8700k
Good.
>Hyper 212
I'd go with a Dark Rock 4.
>MSi Gaming Edge
I'd go with the pro carbon since it's the same price, unless you need the Wi-Fi.
>Corsair LPX
That's fine, might be able to get g. skill trident Z for similar price and better looks.
>2TB Seagate
That's fine, but I prefer WD Blue.
>860 Evo
Fine.
>2060 Ventus
I'd go with something a bit stronger, but for 1080p that's fine.
>H500i
Regular H500 is cheaper and you can use the RGB headers on the MSi board if you want the lighting.
>EVGA 750W G3
Good PSU, but you only need a 550W unless you plan on upgrading further down the road.

Overall, it's a decent build. Some money is in places that I wouldn't toss it, but everyone has their preferences. This is what I would do: pcpartpicker.com/list/D6TpCb

i5 are the bane of gaems because they stutter like a little bitch. your options really lie on a i7 or i9, with the i9 being the better option. if you do use CPU a lot

the 1st part you should be concerned with is monitor+GPU combo, then a CPU that wont choke the GPU. for a 1440p you should try the 2070, it will give you high FPS, like more that 75 on most AAA games, but the 2060 is already pretty good on most games today in a 1440p monitor.with a dual monitor setup the real issue is more of what else you will run with it, so you could potentially have a 1440p+1080p, but you need the same refresh rate on both or else you will get stutters

So, what's REALLY the point of an SSD that's bigger than 125 or 250 GB? Just throw Windows on there and call it a day. What else would you even want on it?

Attached: 1553466502211.gif (384x206, 2.17M)

Just bought a Radeon VII for 4K gaming and really don't get the hate this card receives. Runs Witcher 3 all ultra settings at 60-80fps with a Wattman OC and undervolt, isn't nearly as loud as reviews claim, the drivers built into the Linux kernel are amazing compared to the Nouveau + proprierary driver crap Nvidia puts out and the FP64 compute capability is unmatched for a card at this price (good for muh double precision neural nets).

Not to mention Witcher 3 (4 year old game) uses 7.1GB VRAM at ultra settings. Makes it 100% clear that the RTX 2080 will be VRAM starved in 4K soon, if it already isn't. Looks like it's Radeon VII or 2080Ti for 4K gaming, OP isnt memeing.

Programs

Such as? Where do you even get the benefit?

Yeah I don't run very many intensive games. For the last few years I've done work and played on several applications and emulators while watching streams at the same time. If I do play any games it will be XIV, various RPGs and maybe Apex or hopefully Titan Fall 3 some day.
The mobo and components are compatible but I don't know how snug it may be. I'll check that case.

Thanks! I'll look over those recommendations and try and revise my build.

I didn't consider that. I'll look into that

The problem with Radeon VII at 4K is that it won't be fast enough to hit 60FPS in a lot of games (not that a 2080 is, mind you). Even a 2080Ti isn't fast enough for everything, though it does get closer to the goal.

Some games suffer heavily in terms of loading times on HDD. I remember back when I was playing BF4 that loading off of my HDD took literal minutes while loading off of SSD was like 30-40s. Nowadays I hear TWWH2 is very slow on HDD, which is a major problem because you will load in and out of battle very often in that game.

What's your experiences with USP? Thinking of getting one. My system is a 2600X, 1660Ti, 5 fans and 2 monitors. Will a 1000VA UPS work fine?