No need for linux now. Switch it Windows 10

howtogeek.com/413564/windows-10-is-getting-a-built-in-linux-kernel/

You literally have no excuse not to switch now and if you do you are literally a basement dwelling waterhead

Attached: hateyou.jpg (1024x696, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>literally
sigh...

>gnu winux
>chromium based ms edge
>epic game store
future looks amazing 8)

Attached: 82bffc4d8d75f6fc.jpg (596x372, 59K)

MS is really rushing through the whole EEE thing nowdays.

>You literally have no excuse
i can't compile windows

doesn't this mean I'd have to enable virtualization in my bios

except the fact that windows has so much bloat, is poorly designed in every way, gives you advertisements, has so much telemetry, and is annoying as heck to change.
6 months ago I got so annoyed at windows that I zeroed-out my harddrive and installed linux. It was probably the best consumer-computing decision that I have ever made.

>adding broken software to buggy mess of software with the added bonus of its spying on you constantly

Attached: 1556232313392.png (336x485, 128K)

it's 4 AM in mumbai, go to bed Pranesh

Attached: pajeetpepe.jpg (708x633, 118K)

fuck trannies
and fuck jannies

We won.

Attached: quote-if-microsoft-ever-does-applications-for-linux-it-means-i-ve-won-linus-torvalds-186205.jpg (850x400, 54K)

Isn't there a built in Windows Sandbox now in Win10? Like in the May update?

every reason to switch is still there

windows just happen to discover that a linux kernel was fundamentally superior

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish

windows offers nothing I want

Windows is utter shit but until Propellerheads Reason runs in Wine (it doesn't) and has the same amount of latency as Windows (7, which is what I use) then it's dual boot for me.

I actually do tech support for Windows 10. Everything you say about the telemetry is right. Also IME causes problems sometimes too.

I have a Win 10 install on a virtual machine that has never had network access enabled, purely for reference while I work. Would not put it on my desktop for love nor money unless in a sandbox.

No, you just have to enable the Windows Linux Subsytem, which i think is actually enabled by default. Then download Ubuntu, fedora or whatever from the Microsoft store.

This solve literally zero of the windows 10 problems.
It's still an unthemable spyware hell that you have to fight with it on every corner to not have candy crush installed, but now with a slave linux inside.

>Unthemable
Spotted the ricer

Why the fuck would I want microsoft's garbage proprietary bloated malware as a host running a GNU/Linux vm, when I could just use GNU/Linux?

Windows 10 looks like utter shit no matter what you do with it.

>windows with built in linux kernel
YEAR OF THE MICROSOFT LINUX APP DESKTOP!
*confetti*

>Almost got that riced i3wm.conf perfect, and ready to save...
>Windows encounters a problem and needs to reboot.
>Nuthin personal, kid.

Reason is awful ngl. You'd be better off with Pro Tools

>that windows has so much bloat, is poorly designed in every way, gives you advertisements, has so much telemetry, and is annoying as heck to change.

You cn easily remove the bloat, disable ads and gut the telemetry. It really is not that hard.

Fuck. This is exactly what's happening

Linux rules the computing world now. Runs the majority of phones, desktops, and servers. Bow down to the Finnish Swede master race.

Not him, but I don't know what the hell Windows is doing these days. There have been plenty of threads showing that you can't even get a consistent look with right-clicking.

OP, the reason I went to the trouble of switching to Linux was so that I wouldn't have to put up with Windows and all the retarded broken shit it does.

>remove the bloat
tell me when a windows install takes less that 10 gigabytes, hell make that 20 or 30
i can run a fully featured linux desktop in 3-4 gigs, utilities included, windows is more than bloat, it's a rotting dumpster fire

WSL is just another vector for Windows machines to be compromised through.

Attached: 1487545473400.jpg (253x299, 10K)

Just installed Win10 in a VM.
> It's like installing 2003 Kazaa.
> Uncheck dozens of spyware shit.
> Once installed, spend a hour removing all the fucking Candy Crush shareware it installed without asking.

Fuck Microsoft. They shat on GitHub and now they think they're the king of the world. I will never go back from my sweet sweet GNU/Linux.

Bob, what about IDA, and the vidya?

Attached: ida.png (42x39, 2K)

imagine unironically using WINBLOWS in the current year xd

no, MS made linux work on windows, you lost.

Ghidra, Steam.

you spent an hour removing things which required a right click>uninstall?
you're a fuckin' retard.

It's not too hard to remove the offensive ads and crap but you can't 100% remove telemetry and there's a lot less customization available than the average linux DE. It's also hard to get ram usage under a few GB idle in Windows while XFCE sits at 300mb easy and minimal installs are even lower.

Linux sucks. My laptop randomly turns on UEFI from Legacy and gives me a No Bootable device found error every couple weeks and I have to fuck around in bios to fix it.

>Switch to Windows 10
>updating intensifies

>right click>uninstall
I had to remove it like 4 times when i installed my current windows. For some reason the moment i uninstalled, it was automatically installed. I could only uninstall it next when everything was completely installed.

Thanks, Microsoft, for adding a feature that generates a whole new breed of shilling idiots. Put your dick back into your pants and stick to making Windows usable instead of trying to convince fence-sitters to keep your customer base stable.

>what is NTLite
>what is DISM, offline install.wim image customization and tweaking registry hives
Learn into sysadmin tools and make your own customized Windows images for deployment, retards

you say it like windows 10 miraculously became not utter shit

Microsoft is reinventing colinux

It was an abomination back then, it will be an abomination now. Nothing to see here, time to move on.