Essential browser addons thread

>HTTPS Everywhere
>ScriptSafe
>Privacy Badger
>uBlock Origin

what addons should everyone be running?

Attached: pb_banner_no_text_1200x600[1].png (1200x600, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>privacy badger
>scriptsafe
neo Jow Forums is a joke
unironically kill yourself op

The fact that you need a fuckton of addos to be able to access websites without killing yourself is enough to know how shit internet has become.

ublock origin
umatrix
Canvas defender
Https everywhere
Decentraleyes
Violentmonkey
Vimium
Tree style tabs
Multi account containers
Temporary containers

In addition to your list
>uMatrix
>Decentraleyes
>Browser Plugs Privacy Firewall

for firefox, I consider classic theme restorer to be 100% mandatory
if I am ever forced to use a browser that doesn't look like this I will give up computers altogether and be 100% analog for the rest of my life

ublock origin + decentraleyes is all you need
What kind of fucking idiot even uses privacy badger

Explain like I'm the retard I am how decentraleyes works. The description they provide doesn't fully make sense. The requestsnto the CDN are still being made, right?

No, because the requested libraries are hosted locally

search by image
feedbro
cookie autodelete

>not blocking all third party cookies by default
shiggy diggy

>mandatory
uBlock Origin
>not mandatory, but still god tier
uMatrix
Decentraleyes
Smart HTTPS / HTTPS Everywhere
Grease-/Violent-/Tampermonkey

>HTTPS Everywhere
Does that have an option to force https for everything (don't connect over plain http at all) yet?
Tried it some time ago, but switched to Smart HTTPS with a /.*/ blacklist for that reason.

anyone knows about a captcha solver addon?

That's a great way to make captchas impossible to solve on your browser once goolag starts thinking you're a bot.

Cringe. Fuck off Reddit. Your hyperboles are not funny at all

i'm fine with that. i block all the usual suspects, though.

>What kind of fucking idiot even uses privacy badger
I set it up on my father's machine because it's easier to use than uBlock Origin.

Here's a question for you...
uBlock Origin or AdNauseum?

host block/pihole and uBlock origin, no need for snake oil

>not setting cookies to wipe on quit

so ublock origin does all that adNauseum does?

Yes

Buster

My Firefox (android) still won't let me use addons and refuses to update past 66.0.2, does anyone know how I can gety add ons back?

no, adnauseum clicks all the ads which is easier to track than using a vanilla blocker like ublock

thanks, can you explain what you mean by 'easier to track'?

APK Mirror and find the latest release, themes and add-ons fixed as of 66.0.4

if websites wants to detect adnauseum usage they can easily do it in many ways, and since there are few people that use it, it adds to the fingerprinting of your browser activity that can be used to track you.
With ublock it's more difficult because it has more users and there are other blockers that behave similarly so you are in a certain way more anonymous.

thanks very much...appreciate it

>Canvas defender
Just FYI, you don't need this if you have privacy.resistFingerprinting set to true (which you should). It handles canvas cancer and user agent stuff for you.

>The requestsnto the CDN are still being made, right?
Yes and no. Decentraleyes as an addon comes with some of the libraries you were supposed to fetch from CDNs, but not all of them. If it doesn't have it, it fetches it (unless you've blocked it), but it anonymizes the request. After the thing from CDN is cached, Decentraleyes will force the browser to use the cached version instead of requesting a fresh one every time.

What's wrong with ScriptSafe? I only use it because there's seemingly no Chrom* port for CanvasBlocker.
I use uBlock Origin, uMatrix, ScriptSafe, SmartHTTPS, Decentraleyes, Jow Forums-X and Vimium on Ungoogled Chromium.

>nimbus capture
>ublock origin
>xmarks but it died
>umatrix
>noscipt
>webrtc leakshield
>downthemall which doesn't work since the quantum bullshit change and the author didn't update it
>user-agent switcher
canvasblocker
>cookie-editor
and for archiving purposes
>motherfucking SCRAPBOOK which stopped working as well because no new version on quantum

by the way is there something similar to Scrapbook? It can save whole webpages and follow links by 1,2,3 depth deep. It was goat for saving threads from imageboards. As it saved both the thumbnails and the full sized pictures as well so i could open the thread anytime in OFFLINE and get the same experience as if it was online.

>uMatrix
>NoScript
Why both?

huh, thanks for letting me know I had resist fingerprint enabled already

im too retarded to update my firefox on linux mint
thanks firefox!

you only have yourself to blame, there are enough alternatives already.

Attached: Screenshot_20190506_200520.png (1004x885, 39K)

1 about:preferences#Privacy
2 enable studies.
4 count to 10
5 check about:studies
4 are the xpi related studies there yet?
5 Good, now about:addons and check for updates.
6 goto 1 disable studies now if you like.
7 I forgot to make a 3

r8 me?

Attached: 2019-05-06_23-30-24_701x1067_scrot.png (701x1067, 117K)

umatrix is mandatory

Stylus is a literal botnet
Cookie AutoDelete not only doesn't work but it makes no sense if you block 3rd party cookies which you should be blocking
canvasblocker is useless just active resist fingerprinting thing that comes with firefox

canvas defender causes captcha to fuck up
temporary containers are a good idea, but it probably conflicts with decentraleyes by doing the exact opposite of caching shit locally to avoid further third party request.
smart https deprecates https everywhere.
tree style tabs are inferior compared to palemoon's searchable overview with tab thumbnails
newsfox and the native seamonkey rss news and blog handler are better than feedbro
>xmarks
man i had hudreds of thousands of bookmarks saved to that thig when it died.
tb.h most of those links were dead anyways.
iirc that was before the webextension switch, idk what the situation is now, but it is preferable to use stylus or something like midnight lizard that lets you define the look of a webpage yourself.

>Stylus is a literal botnet
You've got it confused with Stylish.

>Stylus is a literal botnet

Install botnet faggot

Attached: tumblr_pgyzmiWadI1xk122vo1_1280.jpg (1280x725, 152K)

>Scitzo the thread
Lmao

NoScript

Stylus is fine. Stylish is the one that's botnet.

If you care about privacy, the first step is to avoid chrome and its derivatives.

>>Cookie AutoDelete not only doesn't work but it makes no sense if you block 3rd party cookies which you should be blocking
I checked when I set it up and it does work, in that I see cookies being placed and then getting deleted when I close the tab.

you should block third-party cookies but you need something like CAD to scrub first-party cookies too.

Nano adblocker + Nano defender

You can have more than one browser installed. FF with a stack of privacy and scriptkiller addons for everyday use. Chrome with an adblocker for some stores and banks because that seems to just werk. And IE for a couple of sites that won't work with anything else. Goverment sites, natch.

You could do everything with one browser and tweek as you roam the net, but then I find myself spending more time dicking arond with the browser than doing what I was trying to do in the first place.

So use Smart HTTPs over HTTPs Everywhere?

I didn't put it in the mandatory category, because you can technically do the same with uBlock Origin, just less convenient.

>by the way is there something similar to Scrapbook
wget?
>saving threads from imageboards
Try Dollchan Extension Tools.

ublock origin. Don't need anything else.

>addons running
Good joke.
What browser is like firefox from 10 years ago?

That's a french trap.

This

Just uBlock Origin in medium blocking mode and don't use too many filter lists.

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode

>essential browser addons
>posts pic of an addon completely obsoleted by umatrix and made by controlled opposition