Get a canvas blocker asap

Get a canvas blocker asap.
Jow Forums now uses canvas fingerprinting.
FUCK MODS FUCK JANNIES
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_fingerprinting

Attached: fingerprint.jpg (218x231, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

browserleaks.com/canvas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it has had canvas fingerprinting for well over a year lol

Shit I only just realized

it only happens sometimes i've noticed, usually upon making a post

ok what's a good one for waterfox?

I use one named "CanvasBlocker" on trannyfox might work for WF.

Has any further work been done in identifying exactly how this fingerprinting is done?

i was gonna ask about canvasblocker, i'll have it installed just in case

>now
el ehm ayy oh

who the fuck has js on?

no problems with Clover Dev(tm)
thank you based floens

browserleaks.com/canvas

Will it put the REEEEEEEEEEE in recaptcha the way resist fingerprinting does?

>install ungoogled chromium
>enable canvas fingerprint deception flags
>scriptsafe for good measure
>go to
>unique fingerprint
>refresh
>different unique fingerprint
>refresh
>different unique fingerprint
haha :^)

If you didn't already realize, hiro runs a js bitcoin miner on Jow Forums.

I get this while testing Brave. I have Brave's fingerprinting protection set to "block all."

Attached: Capture.png (217x88, 2K)

This isn't Jow Forums.

Testing captcha.

why do you fear fingerprinting?

That's strange, what does the banner at the top of the page say?

Why do you find it acceptable for websites to try and determine who you are IRL and what other websites you visit?

>noscript

Attached: Untitled.png (233x332, 6K)

There's no banner. The URL is "4channel.org"

Attached: Untitled.png (1141x385, 65K)

they already have your ip address dude

They don't. lol

>Jow Forums now uses canvas fingerprinting
source?

REEEE stop hiding the banner

Attached: quattrokanalo.png (495x148, 47K)

Boohoo, nobody cares.

Oddly enough, these flags don't work in my version, what gives?

They don't work, or you don't have them?
If the latter, you need to update.

How the fuck do I install ungoogled chromium? Neither of the .debs I grabbed from the release page worked.

t. Kubuntu 19.04

get the deb that ends with '-common' first

So iridum shows a fingerprint damnit... anyone know of a trusted add-on?

>browserleaks.com/canvas
the google bullshit captcha has done this forever, newfag. get libreJS or kys

You might better concern yourself with actually knowing wtf you're talking about first.

retard

are you retarded? the site still sees your fingerprint, only it can't display it you.

hmm lets see when I test to see if canvas fingerprinting works on iridum I find it does and the ID stays the same, so what exactly am I not understanding?

Why should I give a fuck? They already have my IP.

get a VPN they are hella cheap

Use ScriptSafe.

Then they would have my VPN's IP.

Hm, it didn't seem to install properly. I have no way of opening it.

>paying for privacy
Sure is dumbfuck in here.

>t. NSA

No? If you have JS disabled the site will only see your useragent.

But then the site doesn't work, at least usually if you don't allow at minimum first-party scripts.

You can disable Google's script. Retard.

Not without a pass here, even when forcing noscript captcha, and the canvas fingerprinting site linked here does so from first-party JS.

Hahahaha... Oh, jeez...

Attached: 1532866406632.png (657x627, 101K)

Thanks for advice OP. Fuck gook moot and janitors.

Attached: 1509522645_a sisters all you need sexual.gif (540x304, 2.09M)

dumb ban evading poster

We do.

>dumb ban evading poster
not anymore :^)

android get firefox with canvas blocker addon
use firefox focus to post and do any google captcha

Desktop have firefox with 2 profiles or more for different use cases. One with all addons. Other with some and use it to comment/post solve captcha.

You do need a vpn without it pretty pointless. Fingerprint blocking helps to hide device and if used in a household/hfamily/group then makes harder to track inviduals of that group.

Your IP doesnt change that often. Good that soon we all have free from vpn provided by cloudflare.

that's so fucking hot

????
Fucking blocking it is a fucking gigantic redflag. It is the digital equivalent of burning of your fingerprints with acid you dumb dolt.

Fucking idiots, get Tor Bundle Browser if you are actually genuinely worried that this will ever bite you in the ass.

My computer my choice on what gets to run.

Attached: 1493866742126.png (1440x866, 387K)

Just disable HTML5.

Do the same for Javascript while you're at it.

The easiest way to circumvent this is to go out, look at statistics and see what millions of normies use and then use that.

You do not circumvent this by trying to hide, you need to blend, which btw is exactly what suggested with Tor, it doesn't obfuscate anything, it just makes it so that everyone looks the exact fucking same, it pulls the ye olde "I'm Spartacus. No, I'm Sparatacus!". In that crowd the only person standing out is the person going "Don't look my way, I am nobody!"

The Tor browser is only able to do that because they pretty much control the whole browser configuration, and sternly warn you to make no changes and install no additional addons beyond the ones they preload. (aside, why the fuck are they still using noscript instead of umatrix?)

For general use non-Tor browsing, where you want to have customization ability, the "blend in" approach is a bad one, especially since most of the world's browsers are set to everything enabled, run all the JS, save all the cookies, let all the tracking through. A much better approach is to block everything you can and not worry about this making your fingerprint unique, and instead make sure that your fingerprint changes. This is why every addon that can change your user-agent has a "pick a new random one every X time" mode, for instance.

My point is more that if it is just general use browsing your fingerprint really shouldn't be an issue to you, and if it is, then you really should not be doing whatever you are doing with a general use browser.

Sketch me a situation in which it is important to have your fingerprint be nigh impossible to track around, but not so important that you are willing to give up some of your browser custimization.

I just don't understand, you want completely security, and then stop one step short of the closest thing to complete security that is easily accesible, all so you can maintain the cool toys of a "regular" browser.

Blocking Jow Forums scripts blocks 4chanx with Violentmonkey. Blocking Google JS blocks the captcha autofill 4chanx provides

>not running the normiest of normiest settings (i.e. everthing on, accept everything, open the floodgates) on a burner laptop from a public mcdonalds wifi whilst wearing a wig
Son, it is like you dont want to do crime.

Werks on my machine.
I'm using the Jow Forums-X extension, not the userscript, on Ungoogled Chromium.

As someone who sees the sun more than bi-annually, why would I care about this?
Seems like it is only useful to track down people on the bad boy wanted lists, that is to say people who were already being tracked long before this. Doesn't seem like it can be used to do anything malicious as such, no pesky adds, no targetted adds since I am not seeing adds anyway, no way to steal my shit etc. etc. Just a way to vaguelly track me, which I am sure my ISP is already providing my government with already.

To me it's just a way to have some control over some overly snoopy things that the website is trying to do.

If I can control it I would rather not have my browser and machine "profiled." Websites that do things for no reason other than to keep better tabs on their users are abusing the trust that people visiting that site are affording them.

Attached: 1476152471818.jpg (599x440, 32K)

>get database of all collected fingerprints
>find most common one
>make software to spoof that
>???

Also, is a country like Japan much affected by this? With them running on web2.0 and all.

>now

your only solution is to go to a comunity ran board like 4 kek . ml

>Has any further work been done in identifying exactly how this fingerprinting is done?
How it works? It uses an HTML5 Canvas element to rasterize some kind of vector that, due to slight variations in hardware, create rasterized images that are ever so slightly different from one another, allowing advertisers to use that unique image to identify you and serve you ads of rainbow socks.

Vivaldi with --disablereadingfromcanvas flag doesn't have this problem

I run canvas blocker and decentraleyes and all the other decent add ons with waterfox with no problems

Yeah I will be doing that. Anything I can do to fuck with jannies is good (I know some of you faggots, you are literal redditor nu-weeb faggots circlejerking in your discord servers).

thanks pham

this will keep me righteously websurfin'

sincerely a fellow 4channer

I like that, but I can't seem to get Brave to let me back elements on pages easily.

Just disable fingerprinting in about:config

Does somebody who bothered to get themselves banned know how that fingerprinting code is loaded in the first place, given that the HTML template and core/extension JS are unchanged?
Via the extra_path cookie which is usually only used for the moderation extensions?

Fuck Niggers and Fuck Jannies

privacy.resistFingerprinting = true
You don't neee bloat when you can just do it in about:config

Says I have TOR Browser fingerprint with this enabled, how fucked am I?

It's the intended behavior.

If you do this, then you have to solve the hard captchas.

Moot had to make this happen because bad people were evading bans.

He was pissed and mods were fed up.
They were talking about taking this board down all together

I am glad they did not destroy this board but is our privacy worth stopping a few shitposters?

oh shit, did moot revive canv.as?