Why are internet providers in the US such cheats and liars Jow Forums?

Why are internet providers in the US such cheats and liars Jow Forums?
> Attempting to switch providers
> call up AT&T to see what offers they have
> tell me they have a sick deal on fiber
> "ok I'm interested"
> 75 Mbps down at $50/month
> wtf I get 150 Mbps at the same price
>They proceed to tell me how peak demand will slow my internet speed
>I test my speed at peak hours and get 170Mbps down
> no no no the fiber speed is still faster by 8x
> I tell them to stop bullshitting me
> they don't
> I hang up

What the fuck are these people at? Are they just trying to fool people that aren't technologically literate?
How can they get away with shit like this?

Attached: attfiber-580x326.jpg (580x326, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVdNobKNMig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off commie

retard

because they can get away with it
any industry that is allowed to lie about the specs of their products, invariably always will

>m-muh free market

Because the people selling you shit have no idea what they're talking about and just cram buzzwords in their sales pitch.

The actual guys that come to do the install typically know something at least so it's easier to talk to them.

No they don't, it's all contractors now. The last guy who installed my modem was late an hour because he sat in his truck smoking weed, which I could see from my office window. They don't know shit except how to work a line tester and put in the drops.

These crooks are colluding with the government against free markets, you fucking retards.

Attached: stop.png (666x666, 797K)

If they're just plugging in a box yeah. But the troubleshooting guys are more knowledgeable.

Honestly you dont even need someone for the basic install, it's all done over the phone now days.

unless they have a competitor that doesn't lie

>this is the free market ameritards wanted

Corporate lobbying prevents the government from dealing with them running monopolies, so Comcast gives everyone shit service and they're stuck with it. It is kind of inevitable with the country's population density

in markets where they have competition a.) usually their competitor does lie also, and b.) more importantly most American consumers won't bother to go to the trouble of switching to get a better deal. A lot of people have this "well, it costs what it costs, nothing to do but pay it" attitude, so there's no real market pressure on ISPs to be less shitty.

>>They proceed to tell me how peak demand will slow my internet speed
that's still a reality that cable customers can and do encounter, but "will" is an unnecessary statement to it

oh and that your plaintext traffic is sniffable at over 32000 other customer locations, so yeah, you might want your own line instead of community rf

name one monopoly that doesn't rely on the government to help it remove competition or bail it out

This is intentionally bait, people. False flag. Even as an ancap I know this shit is wrong, and these places would be violently demolished in a free society. Thievery violates the NAP.

a) Competitors wouldn't lie if they were true competitors. Why lie when you can not lie and provide a better service, getting more customers, therefore getting more money?
b) They don't care because the media companies controlled by (((investment bankers))) covers it up by not talking about these issues.
Government backs bankers, bankers fund companies that influence the country. Not even mentioning the CIA nigger indoctrination programs like MKULTRA.
Government is the real problem.

Attached: 1548651546924.jpg (640x640, 79K)

As someone who has worked in numerous callcenters both in- and outbound for various companies.

We don't give a shit about the customer, you are essentially a bag of money on legs to us, our job is to get money out of you.

For every 1 person I would call who was "in the know" (like you) and couldn't be bullshitted or at least convinced, there were 99 people who could.
If I got someone who knew their shit, I either made the call short since it is a waste of fucking time, or I leveled with them, admitted it is all horseshit and try to sweettalk them into buying our shit with buddytalk and whathaveyounot. Even if, after they hung up, they decided to cancel whatever they just said yes too, I couldn't care less, I made my sale.

God knows how many things I have pretended to be or pretended to have gone through to evoke some sort of emotion of kinship with whomever I am calling, all to squeeze a bit of money out of that bag of gold on legs.

Yet despite becoming really good at faking all this, or rather because of it, you turn into a broken robot. Nothing phases you anymore, you stop giving a shit, you most certainly don't care about the fact that there is a real human being you are exploiting.

>work for health insurance
>guy calls, wife died, phoning in to inform us so we can cancel the policy
>start sharing story how my own wife died last year
>get talking
>end up convincing him to let the policy run for the remainder of the year, since if he canceled now it would entail a lot of paperwork for him due to it being a midyear cancelation and the premium payments weren't that high, so he might as well just let the policy run till the end of the year after which we would take care of all the paperwork etc.
>complete bullshit, I have never been married. There is no paperwork. In fact technically the policy has to be terminated since it is no longer valid (unsurprisngly you can't insure the health of a dead person)

So in short, ya, we don't give a shit.

Valve for game distribution.

Jesus man. That is so much more soulless than I expected

This reminds me of when I once called my own health insurance to inform myself of any policy changes I should be aware of. Guy on the phone quite pleasant, get takling on quite a casual level, then he "levels with me" and essentially just says "it's all shit, it is basically one big scam, unless you know how to make use of every single loophole and are aware of every single rule you can (ab)use then you are being scammed. The only way this shit is worth a dime is if you know exactly how to set up your policy, and nobody on YOUR side of the phoneline ever does. Oh by the way if this conversation gets monitored that's my job gone so I hope it does!" and then he just starts laughing, wishes me a good day and hangs up the phone on me.

To give him props, it was the most useful callcenter call I have ever had, since it made me go over my policy thoroughly with the help of a friend who is more into the world of that sort of paperwork and I actually saved myself a ton on my premium by indeed abusing loopholes.

So kudos to you mister whacky callcenter dude, hope you are doing good whereever you are.

Attached: kek.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

>physical stores
>origin
>gog
>epic store
>discord
not much of a monopoly

this post was actually very helpful, thanks.

>health insurance
>perhaps the single most government-pozzed industry
Why am I not surprised?

Because there's no competition. In most areas you either have cable or DSL. In areas where you have fiber owned by the phone company, it's usually just the same as only having 2 options. If you're really lucky, you have a 3rd option, either a muni fiber network or WISP that isn't shit tier. In Utah they have a fiber network called utopia that you can select from a bunch of different service providers on. If you don't like one provider. Switch to another. One offers a lower price, it takes maybe 10 minutes to switch. They also had Google Fiber and another fiber company turning up customers so much that the local telephone and cable providers had to lower prices and trick customers into signing contracts because they knew they would lose tons of business.
That's just one example of what having a choice can do. There are others in cities across America. But for most of us, we have no choice but to be fucked right up the ass from 2 separate companies where we live.

The big boys don't care, as long as you hit your targets and don't cause MAJOR disturbances/complaints.
I wouldnt advise anyone to ever do it, not even as a "job on the side". You are monitored from the moment you clock in, untill the moment you clock out. While on the clock there are dozens of statusses you can select depending on what you are doing; available for call, making an outbound call, wrapping up the call, a status for logging the call, writing a file to the archive after a call, statusses for getting coffee, eating lunch, going to the toilet, being coached, coaching yourself, being coached AS a coach, are you sitting on your left ass cheeck or your right, are your legs crossed, is your headset mic on the left or right....

and all of it is timed, and at the end of every week or month (depended on the company) we would go through those numbers with a floormanager; "You spend X seconds on average too long on call wrap ups, your AHT is really good though, we noticed your toiletbreaks are more than usual this week, are you not feeling well?"

Then a call monitor, where they listen back to one of your calls and give you feedback; "Despite him yelling at you for an entire 5 minutes non stop and threating to find you and strangle you to death on a phonecable we feel like you could have empathized more with the customer here".

and no breaks, no time to gather your thoughts other than your brief lunch and coffeebreak. You end a call, the next one starts, doesn't matter if you just had an exhasuting 45 minute talk with someone, straight into the next call you go.

Now you know what we are doing when we put you on hold, we don't need to look up shit at all, we're just taking a breather so we don't feel like blowing our brains out at the end of the day.

>work for health insurance
>guy calls, wife died, phoning in to inform us so we can cancel the policy
>start sharing story how my own wife died last year
>get talking
>end up convincing him to let the policy run for the remainder of the year, since if he canceled now it would entail a lot of paperwork for him due to it being a midyear cancelation and the premium payments weren't that high, so he might as well just let the policy run till the end of the year after which we would take care of all the paperwork etc.
>complete bullshit, I have never been married. There is no paperwork. In fact technically the policy has to be terminated since it is no longer valid (unsurprisngly you can't insure the health of a dead person)

Attached: stop.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

Here's another storyfrom my callcenter days. This was for when I worked for a mobile subscription company.
Everything was done in some archaic back to the stone age software and IT couldn't be aresed to update it. Very clunky and slow program, never worked right, would bug out all the time etc. remember, this is the programm we used to maintain everything on the customers, their credentials, their subscriptions etc. a pain in the ass tool, only upside of it was that for all its buggy shittiness on our side, it behaved much the same for monitorring purposes, so it was hard to log changes and by who they were made.

One day a woman calls and wants to adjust the subscriptions for herself and the rest of their family, they had what is essentially an "all in one family bundle for internet phone etc." (scam deal btw, but beside the point here). So I go to grab their file, software takes for ages and I start mashing keys like an idiot out of both frustration and boredom and I accidentally everything in her file. I terminated the entire thing, no internet, no phone, no TV anymore, all canceled, except for the money trail, no proof they ever had anything with us, and even with the money trail it wouldnt be exactly straight forward to tie that money trail to the files I had just erased. Bullshit my way through it, go along with her requests which I am of course filing properly winkwink and I even act like I am cutting her a good deal per "exception". She is as happy as can be, the bees knees, thanks me a multitude of times before hanging up.

Did diddly squat for her except delete her entire file 30 seconds into the convo and then filled the next 20 minutes with bullshit.

I sometimes think back to it and wonder if she ever did get everything sorted with that company again.

Attached: wdytwa.png (644x644, 936K)

by the way that pic was chosen because it perfectly depicts the expression of me and my colleagues. Cox of course showing the expression of whoever just accidentilied something for a customer and J.D. showing the reaction of whatever colleague just witnessed it and is just looking at you with a "did you just...?".

That still picture is honestly perfect in that regard.

>Are they just trying to fool people that aren't technologically literate?
Why are you asking a question you know the answer of?

scamming ain't thievery but they'd still get fucked by competition

and here is one of my favourite clips on callcenters since it quite accurately shows how we just turn into completely disassociated "robots" the moment we get any sort of aggression. Usually it isn't this bad, usually it is people getting pissed of about receiving late fees for not paying ddespite being loyal customers for YEARS etc. etc.. We just roll our eyes, remove our headset for a bit, take a deep breath and just give more or less scripted replies untill the person tires of it and goes away to either pay the bills or face debt collectors.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVdNobKNMig

>dumb frogposter
Opinion discarded

>call customer service
>be worse of afterwards than you were before
>hang up the phone satisfied thinking you are better of afterwards than you were before
This has been pretty much every customer service experience I have ever had.

fuck you
fuck niggers
fuck kikes
fuck trannies
but most importantly, fuck the government

Attached: 1545157381236.jpg (500x500, 42K)

You know I'm retention guy and yes provider are such a piece of shit however as a human being sometimes you say "fuck this I will give this fucker shit for free" and you get them a real good deal because as the customers are being exploited by sales fuckers when you are the retention piece of shit that eats up all of the complains and you are being exploited yourself you reach a point where you actually emphasize with the customers, indians and pinoy fuckers do such clusterfuckups with the system.
Trust me the customers are also souless fuckers that will not say thank you for helping them. I don't blame sales guys it is you or the customers.

Yeah I work at a cell phone store and the best sales people, we're all dead inside
It's a living

they tried doing this when i told them I have 500 Mbps with spectrum, and they go "oh but we are faster" and im like "i literally went to your site and you only offer 200 max with your fiber" and they go "yea 200 MBs" I was like "you're joking right?" They either don't know what Mbps or they're just straight up lying to everyone.

I've only been in a single cell phone store in the past 10 years, and I had to wait over an hour to be told they couldn't do shit for me. It was an hour drive there and another hour drive back.

I was less than pleased. Needless to say, I did not stay with Sprint (and their call centers are worse than MNVOs).

Sounds like every customer service experience I've had with Comcast.

One more before bed:

Car insurance
Guy calls in to update his phonenumber
Tell him of new possibilities for his policy
He is politely interested, but doesn't actually seem to want it.
Keep pushing
Eventually buckles, tells me to go ahead and add it.
Ask him if he is sure he is satisfied I have given him enough info for him to make a decision.
"Yeye, just go ahead already....."
click save
".....wait, what do you mean?"
explain that in certain situations such a change to the policy would invalidate any claims since the new policy is only valid when XYZ and ABC and all the letters that fit inbetween apply, and if they do not claims will be invalidated,
Asks me to go through all the XYZs and ABCs so he can make sure it applies to him
It doesn't
Wants to retract
Tell him he can't since I saved it and it is a year based policy (no changes one way or the other possible for a year)
He gets angry and demands I roll it back
Again inform I can not do that and point out that I did in fact ask him if he was sure and that he had said yes.
He is getting quite annoyed now, the sort of annoyed where you know it is going to be a good 40 minutes of pointless arguing on the phone
My lunchbreak starts in 10
Workplace has a 0 tolerance for agression, meaning you can hang up if a customer becomes verbally abusive
Decide to push the guy over the edge by being overly polite and repeatedly pointing out that he himself had in fact quite clearly said "yes" and that nothing could be done
Success
He starts to use some expletives
Good-enough-for-me.jpg
Hang up the phone for him being verbally agressive and go have lunch

Guy calls in to update his phonenumber, gets hung up on after accepting a policy he has to pay premium for but can never make a claim on.

Many of these people probably get this shit reverted some way or another, but that is a lot of time and effort, and it ain't my problem at that point anymore, nor can anyone really be arsed to ever trace the cause back to me specifically.

Attached: ainsely.jpg (225x225, 7K)

You do realize when companies lie it doesn't come with a disclaimer "this is a lie"?

worst job ever :C

It quite honestly is.
As monotonous as packing playingcards by hand in a chinese sweatshop, but at least they have thier thoughts to themselves. Callcenter you have your thoughts to yourselv basically never. You are processing what people are telling you and coming up with solutions non-stop for basically 10 hours straight (inbound anyway, outbound you are trying to "read" people over a phone for 10 hours straight) and the majority of your day is dealing with the unpleasantries of human nature, since nobody calls customer service because everything is running fine and they just wanted to call in to say hi and to thank us, no, the majority is dissatisfied and you are the little shit that stands between them and some magical fairyland solution they have dreamt into existence, and boy do they want their fairyland solution.

are people really this dumb? i'd ask for your super visor if you didn't update my phone number right away and not deal with your shenanigans

>implying they won't just play phone tag with you transferring you to different departments and putting you on hold for an hour until you get tired of it and hang up
>implying the supervisor will actually do anything if by the grace of God you actually manage to reach them

It's cute that you think the "let me speak to your manager" threat actually does anything.

Why do you have to be like this? I doubt it's really impossible to revert it or at all difficult.

Well it depends if it's fine optic you'll get 75 up 75 down. Coaxial and or cable isn't too bad. But they're right you more or less share speeds with the neighbors.

Yes people are that dumb.
Also "let me speak to the manager", despite being heard quite often by us, does 0, for the very simple reason that the manager doesn't have a direct line with our department, so at best you will speak to my supervisor, who is just a guy like me, except he's been working then for a longer time, and to be honest you won't even get to speak to my supervisor since I will just "sorry sir, I will have to put you on hold while I go see if I can get a line through directly to the manager for you" and then let you hang on hold for 10 minutes so I can have a free lunch break.

Really the only thing that can "catch me" is if my supervisor monitors one of those very specific conversations. Monitoring happens once once a week or month, they listen to 2 calls. I make over a hundred calls on a day, my odds are pretty good, especially when you consider my supervisor takes the job about as serious as I do and will "monitor" my "conversations" by playing them while he isn't even wearing the headset to listen to it, then just write up generic feedback. The only thing I ever "get in trouble" for is not reaching targets, and targets are based on sales/retention and time spent on tasks. Your actual satisfaction as a customer doesn't really play a role. Unless I am telling every customer to go fuck themselves I am pretty much good.

Impossible? No, most surely not. Difficult? Most likely. These people aren't familiar with the ins of outs, they rely on external help, people like me basically. So they end up in callcenter limbo, where they call in with their problem and some weird story of how the previous rep they spoke fucked things up. Then the new rep they speak tries to fix things, but can't really, because well, the system just isn't designed to change things willy nilly, some changes really are "Set in stone" and need to changed manually in the databases, but us lowly callreps don't have access to those :)

>The only thing I ever "get in trouble" for is not reaching targets, and targets are based on sales/retention and time spent on tasks.
Could I then get you in trouble by just keeping you on the line arguing for two hours so that your number of calls taken per hour goes way down? Are you allowed to hang up on people?

I think the reason you guys never get me is because I am always broke, so I always have saving money to the EXTREME in mind. While on the phone I am thinking about how I am gonna even eat next week. If I have that, then I try to see if I even have enough money for my damn WoW subscription. I really don't understand how people just forget about other things while on the phone, its always on my mind when I am talking to someone trying to get me to spend more money then I can.

>tfw AT&T is literally the only real option where I live

It's that or Xfinity and they're both shit.

Yes, I also realize that lying like that when your competition doesn't leads to your customers switching service providers.

>Someone calls while I'm a NEET asking me to buy something
>Tell them to fuck off before they can even finish talking and hang up
>Someone calls while I'm working
>Tell them to fuck off the second I hear 'are you interested'

I made the assumption that 100% of whatever they want to sell isn't worth my time. I had an insurance company call me trying to give me 'free' life insurance because a relative used me as one of their references so I could 'get a deal'. They also got the same response cause it's just not worth having to deal with dick heads and actual drones like that other guy here.

usually how it goes, or i just waste their time.

For example, I tried to switch my phone plan to T-Mobile, but as soon as they seen my phone was cracked they automatically told me that i'd have to buy a phone with them to switch. Right now I am stuck for another 5 months on a shitty att contract because I did the ATT next for a samsung galaxy s8+. It sucks specially since i'm paying $113 a month. Only 5 more months and I will have more NEET bux in my pocket :D

Europoor here. I've had huge connection issues once and just called my provider, in the end i got told that i couldn't use Linux and that i should try a Windows computer. Then i saw that they billed me an extra of 5 euros more for using Wifi, literally it said Wifi fee. Called my provider, asked them about it and they said if i don't want to use Wifi i don't need to pay it but they'll disable my Wifi. They actually did, they somehow had remote access to my router and disabled it, i just reenabled it again and since then i am not paying an extra fee, but still, providers are bullshitting and lying to you as much as they can right into your face

For me it's only Xfinity. AT&T's fastest speed in my area is still fucking 50 Mbps down/6 MBps up. I can live with the download speed, but that upload speed is just stupidly bad. It also cost $50 a month.

Why the FUCK would I pay that when I'm getting fiber from Xfinity for $70/mo, though the only issue is that it required a 3 year contract..and it'll nearly double in price in a few months. I dont know what I'm going to do then. The whole plan was to use Xfinity until Google Fiber came in my area, but they never did.

I fucking hate humanity

How long did it take for you to get this way? Was there a period of adjustment with that job where you tried to be a decent human being?

>unless they have a competitor that doesn't lie
So, this "good" competitor got less customers => got less money => lying monopoly buys it. Enjoy your "free market"

>american ISPs can put a monthly usage cap on fiber
Oh say can you see

TMobile lied to you. They don't need to sell you a new phone to have you switch. Just pay off the phone with at&t and unlock it.

no i wanted them to pay off the rest of my phone, but they wouldn't because it was cracked.

> Local telecom is still serving single line DSL at 15 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up.
> Chugs when stuff is uploading, a thing that happens often here at the house now.
> No one else serves this house physically. Pained yelling.
> Fuck it, guess we going cellular.
> Obtain service from Verizon, demo hotspot, works, obtain proper modem, return hotspot.
> Physically incompatible SIM, run to store, pay for new SIM, insert, ring up customer support to change SIM on file.
> Wonder through the maze of options.
> *Hold Music*
> "We're sorry, your call could not be transferred." *Line disconnect*
> Try again.
> Manage to find a self-serve system. Punch in a few digits...
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> Call Sales. Complain about transfer problems then ask them to transfer me to prepaid support.
> Done. Call connects, do the change, boom bada bing modem lights up.

It's almost like they don't have to help their customers and I can't tell if it's worse than AT&T sporadic line disconnects and fuck you sized call queues.

That's the real crime.
And then for each 50GB that you go over, it's an extra $10. I use around 900GB a month, and that's just me by myself with a 1080p Netflix subscription.

If I had a gf or family with 4K TV's..ugh, I don't even want to know how much data that'd consume.

spectrum doesn't have any data caps, true unlimited data.

Just go on at&t prepaid their plans are cheaper anyways. TMobile has shit coverage.

eh im switching to kricket once i pay this off, just tired of being broke every month because of this shitty bill. Five more months though luckily. Just hate it.

What makes it so disgusting is that their data cap is based on a decades old model when the norm was for everyone to have DSL tier shit speeds. Streaming wasn't big back then so 1TB data cap was actually reasonable.

Now even your average user easily goes past it.

>Mentioning ISP's which have shit coverage and almost nobody uses
99% Americans use ATT or Xfinity

Stories like these make me realize how much we're all collectively getting fucked

Attached: 1541541434996.jpg (971x754, 122K)

>>>I test my speed at peak hours and get 170Mbps down

Doubt

Seems like nowadays prepaid is the only way you won't get fucked in the ass by Cell Phone companies.

Spectrum doesn't have shit coverage at all, I download steam games at 50 MB/s sometimes, minimum 35 MB/s

Feels bad man

Attached: 1543591023204.jpg (250x281, 6K)

Bull-fucking-shit. AT&T is a GSM carrier like T-Mobile.

Pay off your phone to get it out of contract and ask for any unlock codes required to get the phone unlocked for different carriers. Push them to give you service regardless and obtain SIM card to replace the SIM in your phone.

ill only be paying $30 a month compared to $113 currently.

The best solution to crap like that is to put any ISP-provided router in "bridge mode", essentially turning it into a dumb modem, and then using your own router behind it. Said router can have wi-fi, it can be a Linux or BSD box, whatever, they won't have any way to see through it into your network.

Note that that's due to a consent decree resulting from a merger they were involved in some years back. The antitrust folks said "okay, we'll let this merger through, but only if you agree not to do certain things for X years", one of those things being data limits. I forget how many years are left on the clock, but I know its not indefinite, so don't expect the uncapped service to last forever.

Downstream is pretty good but I get pretty shit upload speeds through them. Then again most cable internet services are like that, you have to live somewhere that has fiber if you want proper symmetrical service.

Our government banned monthly caps. I have a 100Mb up/down fiber and I keep my PC on 24/7 seeding torrents, relaying some connections and serving files. I also run Ubuntu Server on a VM.
My ISP never had a single problem delivering the full bandwidth, except the occasional 2 times a year maintenance when some nigger fucks shit up, but that's just like a 2-3 hours downtime.
Shit country, but at least my internets werk.

Again, I wanted them to pay the rest which is $150 left, they wouldn't under there plan of "switch and we'll pay your bill" plan.
phone is already unlocked, so I don't need to ask for any unlock codes luckily.

No. By coverage, I mean the areas that ISP is available in. Seems bigger than I thought. Mostly available in North East coast.

Attached: Charter-Communications.jpg (1240x1100, 113K)

If you actually look on spectrum website they say no data caps, but yea I agree the upload could be better.

Yes we know America is shit for internet. This is why monopolies and not having competition is bad. They have fucked America over and there's nothing that can be done.

Yea but 5g is just around the corner luckily.

Well, I mean, at least I think that having more cool services and delivery shit can compensate for the shit internets.
I really fucking hate that most of the cool delivery stuff is US or US/Canada only, and importing stuff is really expensive because of government gibmedat taxation.
I can't even buy a single merch t-shirt without paying 999999 USD for shipping+tax.

If you really want to save money get a TracFone sim card and get your number set up with Google voice. That's really a money saver. Or the at&t pay as you go.

>ancap doesn't know the definition of theft

well the $30 plan is under my mother and gives unlimited data, so im all set on that part.

Can't wait to get microwaved in my own home

It always disgusted me that I'm expected to pay $50+ for a fucking phone that I barely use. I make less than 10 calls a month and only use 4G when I'm bored waiting in a line or something.

Prepaid/Pay as you go is so much more sane.

people that actually believe that are actually retarded specially since its already been a thing with verizon and a bunch of states already have 5G boxes already set up.

Oh yes cannot wait for huawei botnet internet I need an antenna for in my own house

>sales person lies to make a sale
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt??????

Reminder ancap fags are just as bad as commies

Yes, time on the phone with a customer is known as AHT, average handler time. The lower the better. The system also tracks who hung up.
So if you politely argue and ask questions and just essentially waste my time it will reflect negatively on me. One such call over hundreds won't really do much though (it is AVERAGE handler time) but if you do it often enough or did it long enough, then yes. (See if you can keep a call rep on the phone for 6 hours, they won't be happy, just make sure you have legit questions/problems to fill those hours with.)

Personally I never bother with people who seem to be broke for one main reason. It is pointless, these people are usually hyperaware of their financial situation and it is like squeezing blood out of a stone. They don't are 110% not interested in what I have to offer, and I am not interested in wasting time.

No real cut off point really, no big epiphany or breaking point. A very gradual chipping away at your sanity. At first you empathize with people's situations and it gets to you their plight, their troubles etc. you fall for their sob stories for not paying late fees and the like.
When customers fling insults it gets to you, when you have to sit there like a punching bag for their complaints for 45 minutes straight when you just want to yell down the phone YOU ARE WRONG, STUDY LAW IF YOU DISAGREE FAGGOT because they are being pedantic about a legal issue they are 100% wrong on, but you can't actually say that so you just sit there.
But then you start shrugging it off, you start to disassociate completely, I have seen colleagues eyes glaze over has they recite something they have said 1000s of times before, and I am sure my eyes have glazed over like that before as well. And eventually you just stop seeing them as humans, just pesky "NPCs" you need to get money out of. If I don't I would have honestly killed myself by now between mopy untruthful sobstories and being a verbal punchbag.

When your calls disconnects like that it is usually because the server that is holding you is already full. When you call and there are no free reps available you are placed in on a server, it has a certain amount of slots. When the slots are full you just get disconnected.

That or their entire system was just down.

It made me realize that to. When I see how much fuckery we get away with at the level of a shitty callcenter, I can't even begin to imagine what sort of shit goes on at governmental level, state or federal.

>Why are internet providers in the US such cheats and liars Jow Forums?
They reflect American "culture" quite well.

>be me
>local walmart has att salesmen posted up in front of electronics to sell their crap to water people boomers
>sometimes they ask me who my service provider is
>google fiber master race reporting in
That usually shuts them up but one time
>walking past the hustlers
>"hey man what internet provider do you have?
>say google fiber and start to walk off
>guy has the audacity to ask me how much im paying
>ive already mentally checked out of this conversation so my autism kicks in
>loudly say "more than you can afford pal" while walking away
>didn't even realize what I was saying honestly
>start to laugh to myself while the buttmad salesman shouts back "you sure about that"

He was really committed for someone working the walmart shift, it must have been his first day or something.

Attached: high speed.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

>water people boomers
I have no idea what that means, but it made me giggle.

Europoor here. Just checked, 150mbps costs 11$, 500mbps costs about 15$ here lmao. Also their customer support fucking sucks but nothing can be perfect.

Attached: header-tlogo-100_50.png (200x200, 1K)