When did normies start liking computers and technology?

When did normies start liking computers and technology?

Some decades ago, computers were for scientists, socially isolated virgins and nerds. Now, normies love "technology".

When did that happen, and why?

Attached: computer.jpg (619x425, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Marketing.

time has passed.
old people died new people were born.

June 29, 2007

Fucking BlowJobs

They like consumer technology for entertainment purposes. Computers and technology are still for nerds, or at least it is easy to pick out the people who just do it for appearance rather than their own interests

When Windows 95 was launched, and because of the convenience.

Normies don't like technology, in the same way normies don't like cars. Most people who own cars have no idea how a car works, they just need it for their day to day lives. Rich normies buy expensive cars to show off wealth like rich normies buy apple products to show off wealth. Some normies hang around tech thats popular at the moment like people who hang around whatever car trend is popular.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

it wasn't an overnight thing, has been happening in waves since forever. (I bet some people got irked when the movie "war games" inspired a new group of modem users to shit up whatever BBSes they were using back then)

that said, I believe the unholy combination of mobile internet devices + social networking was the final nail in the coffin of exclusivity. it's their world now and we're like cockroaches scurrying around the cracks and corners.

Attached: september.png (744x602, 120K)

maybe in america, but in europe the majority of computer users were still primarily techies up to 97, 98
i saw the sharp decline at the point when windows rebranded NT line and released windows XP.

Back in the actual 'pop-up' days before about 2003, nobody (but techies) had anything but 56k

It took up to 2010 just to standardize basic cable internet

LTE is the real culprit. 3G wasn't shit compared to LTE. Now everybody has broadband over cell.

Social networks

adding to this, digital camera technology (again, perfected in mobile phones and front-facing cameras) really fucked things up for everybody.
because that brought women who found a whole new unending stream of male attention - all the orbiters and thirsty guys who pander to them and feminized the entire internet to make them more comfortable.

>When did normies start liking computers and technology?
we've been over this...

Attached: 2007.png (1280x1750, 879K)

>bringing this incel crap
come on man, women were on the internet chatting with chads over facebook way before that. Snapchat and instagram did lubricate the gears sure.

a bunch of random nerds got rich and now everyone wants to be the next Zuckerberg

Attached: 2007.jpg (4576x2000, 1.85M)

>it wasn't an overnight thing
see:

Ironically the second anniversary if when I lost my virginity, it kinda hurt to be honest.

Normies can't use computers. They use smartphones

Depressing