People told you to hold onto your CRTs

People told you to hold onto your CRTs.
People told you that they were superior.
You didn't listen.
Now you have to spend $500 to get anything decent.
Sucks to be you.
Lol.

Attached: crt vs 240hz.jpg (938x329, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

huh?

nobody would notice, only Jow Forums 'benchmarks' everything like an retard

sucks to be me...

I don't know whether I'm more upset about letting my hi-res trinitron pc monitor go, or ruining the only long term relationshit I ever had

Attached: dellmonitor.jpg (1200x1600, 158K)

>implying i want to get shocked by touching the screen while wearing earbuds

>OP doesn't understand what the image to the left of the CRT frame means
those are the blend between two frames, higher framerate means less distance traveled between the space ship

Attached: blur buster.jpg (551x391, 34K)

>$500

Oh woe is me! Are you 13 and jobless or Brazilian?

you should hear the retro gamers cry about professional video equipment costing hundreds of dollars
it's pretty funny

>1024x768

Attached: 1555595818074.jpg (1024x1024, 97K)

now show the crt native resolution and framerate

well, there is slight ghosting on my 144hz IPS, very slight
I used CRT from 2001 up to 2011 so I know that CRT fags talk bullshit.

choose monitor on contrast+color reproduction basis, everything else is secondary. I went through two IPS panels and one TN, TN burns your eyes out after a week, don't buy that. Really curious about VA, but not enough to spend money on it yet.

I didn't have a crt for anyone to tell me anything about. I got one for free with a old computer I got for free. Imagine being dumb enough to pay more than $10 for old stuff, lol. You're the dumb.

My CRT was shit though. If I'd had a nice one, I'd still have it

You can get the same result with ULMB autismo jones

CRT pic clearly not taken on a pursuit camera, what is this.

not him, but what would you recommend?

I still have my CRT's, but I switched to LCD primarily because of eyestrain, and I have a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB which is a very high end CRT.

The reality though is

>newer graphics cards have abandoned analogue
>an active adaptor would cause input lag and defeat the purpose
>my eyes don't hurt anymore

It would have been great if they'd improved the technology, but the fact is they're now obselete and it's best to just accept that manufacturers won't support them and move on.

>What is eye strain with heavy usage
>Having a 20KG behemot taking up more tha 50% of your vertical desk space

Attached: IQ.png (390x288, 105K)

Lol. I don't miss my CRTs.

Grandpa, I...

i still have several crt monitors and televisions. my old commodore 64 does not look good at all with an lcd because of the way analogue signals are sampled and interpreted by the screen's processor. on crt the c64 looks amazing. so yes. there's still some good reasons for people hanging on to their old crt screens. those people were not retarded like most people threw a giant retard fit to just throw everything away because "muh technological progress!". now they regret it and are paying a fortune for shit that people were once throwing away.

>they're now obselete
see OP pic

>there are people on Jow Forums right now that have never once seen an object in motion on a CRT or Plasma screen
They literally don't know what low image retention displays look like. They have never seen a proper reproduction of motion in their entire lives.
Think about that, fellow boomers. Really mull on the implications.

Nothing superior about them. I have written it many times in these threads, CRT monitors are not good for image quality.

The only application they have in 2019 is playing retro games. They look absolutely awful for viewing media compared to even average LCD monitors and completely garbage once you factor in modern OLED/VA high-end displays.

See

CRT refresh rate ruins the fuck out of my eyes

Would never go back

Also it feels like the machine is going to die anytime you turn it I/O

nice flicker bro

So CRTs are the new hipster thing on Jow Forums

>what is overdrive

CRT sucks.
t.90s kids

crts are the absolute best for people who use computers with no gui
epaper would be even better if you could get a reasonable refresh rate on them
if you use a gui though crts are inferior
they have some benefits to competitive gaming though

My CRT is fucked, one of the colour channels doesn't seem to to through.

tftcentral.co.uk/

I kept a bunch but my dad did throw away a lot of them
but i still have about 14 in the basement and 4 in my room u right now

>eyestrain
I don't get it, I get eyestrain regardles of CRT/LCD since it's more of a focus issue
if my eyes start to strain I just increase brightness on laptop and focus on it
when they start to strain again I reduce the brightness and focus back at tv

Attached: 2019-05-07-11-39-58.jpg (1600x900, 259K)

>viewing media
meanwhile every anime, cartoon and cgi animation looks miles better on CRT tv/monitor
I'll give you that live action looks better LCDs, then again, year of the lord is 2019 and live action is for boomers and sub-average IQ individuals

The eyestrain of CRT is so far beyond in comparison, this topic is a joke.

240hz strobing is the dream

>displays finally ditch pwm so no more flicker
>let's add intentional flicker for muh gayming
just >>/v/

have you seen 240hz strobing? shit looks amazing. i know youre quick to shitpost for whatever reason but it can be disabled you know

The problem is when the strobe rate doesn't match both the display refresh rate and the content frame rate exactly.
Although being able to disable strobing outside gaming is still valuable for those bothered strongly by it.

Always has a double image, unlike CRTs which don't.

crts dont even go up to 240hz, and have a bunch of other issues that lcds dont (lcds ofc have their own). depending on what model you get the crosstalk is so minimal you cant see it.

>Dude, let's just, like, pretend that the one really strong suit of CRTs is all that matters and just ignore the numerous ways in which LCDs are superior!

Attached: 1506191540629.jpg (1200x740, 63K)

repent zoomer

>Now you have to spend $500 to get anything decent.
How much is the FW900 now? Couldn't find any completed on ebay. Getting rare.

fuckin lil stupid alien,, fuccckkk.....

When my cat threw my display off the desk I was forced to switch back to my 75hz CRT monitor while the display was in repair service. Jesus, that was awful. My eyes were bleeding the whole month and I drank the whole pharmacy of paracetamol.
Just as many others on this board, CRT fanboys try to gain their identity through the things they use. But everyone who used CRT knows how really bad it is, so CRT fanboys will always be BTFOd in every thread they make. Poor fellas.

heh your eyes are just weak. i use my CRT at 50Hz when im just browsing the internet and shit and im completely fine.

great contrast and blacks, but good lord does it rape your eyes at decent resolutions
refresh rates are just not good enough on crt

The only good CRT tech are CRT projectors.

Things are incredibly cheap now as well. An Electrohome Marquee or Sony G90, Barco that cost $50k new for use in military sims is a couple 100 now.

try increasing font size, no strain at all.