Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 68589229_p0_.png (600x600, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brave.com/download/
overdodactyl.github.io/ShadowFox/
github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-user-issues/issues
github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-user-issues/issues/690
github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-ui-python/issues/145
amazon.co.uk/DEEPCOOL-FH-10-Integrated-Controller-Motherboard/dp/B077YHLDSP/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=deepcool fh-10&qid=1555960833&s=gateway&sr=8-1
thewindowsclub.com/remove-the-folders-from-this-pc-windows-10
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=68589229
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I install this Brave thing? People around here sure love it

Attached: champ.jpg (1706x1137, 203K)

brave.com/download/

How can I get Icecat working on debian 9?
I've even added the trisquel repo to apt-get install, but no luck.

Attached: overthetop.png (454x458, 225K)

I'm semi-forced to use a macbook for the near future. Anyway to get webms working in safari on mojave?

Can anyone get my emulator working?

I shouldn't have reverse searched your pic.

Attached: 1528859350172.png (225x225, 7K)

What's the closest I can get to replicating FT Deep Dark in the latest version of Firefox?

I made the mistake of updating because I heard it would unfuck adblock and all of my other add-ons/extensions and now I'm stuck coping with this hideous looking bullshit for the time being. If anyone has the Deep Dark theme file lying around and would be willing to upload it that'd be great too since I wouldn't mind downgrading and finding a workaround instead either. I can't find that shit online anymore because Mozilla took it down from their add-ons site.

Attached: ple help.png (1918x1038, 223K)

When I first boot up my PC and I log in, I have audio problems. Where my audio goes robotic when I try to pull up a video or a stream. It goes away after a while and I can't figure out why it happens. Is something wrong my PC?

Attached: dead pex legends.png (1416x966, 361K)

try installing libpng

overdodactyl.github.io/ShadowFox/

>posting guro thumbnail
Well at least it's not shota shit.

I made a new Google play account, which went fine, no problems.

The only issue is it doesn't recognize any apps I've got installed? I guess cause I installed then when using my older account?

Is there a way of fixing that? Or do I have to reinstall every app

Tried reinstalling libpng16-16. No change.

try libpng12

some apps have a sign-in option, especially if they have trophies.

I installed libpng12-0, still no change. Still had libpng16-16 though. Not sure if it matters.

idk. there are issues on their github page that match your error message. the solution they give is to install libpng, but all the posters are running ubuntu. The emu build for ubuntu is compiled using libpng12. So the version from opensuse might be using a different version of libpng, or your issue might be something totally different.
can you build it from source?

don't

>can you build it from source?
Honestly, I would rather not. If it's being worked on I'll just hope for a solution in a future update.

Where did you find the similar issues btw?

Thank you so much for this. I still gotta mess around with max-min-close buttons, but this looks 10 times better already.

github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-user-issues/issues
github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-user-issues/issues/690

I did try to downgrade (didn't work) libmupen64plus2, but now that I checked to see what versions are available in the repo, it's only the newest one. Dang.

Checking the history, the previous version (last working one I think) installed was 2.5-2.22. Version number then changed completely to 2.5.9-1.1. I'm on 2.5.9-1.2 now.

I'm going on my first solo trip, and the photos taken by my phone are of too poor quality.
Is there any good guide to choosing a camera as a complete beginner ?

Is there a mobile browser that has:

> built-in adblocking
> dark theme
> any degree of ui customization
> developer support
> the ability to remember tabs forever and not crash all the fucking time

what's an easy drag and drop gif creator for retards?
I tried ffmpeg, gimp, infranview, and like ten other applications but there's not a single GUI that just lets me select individual images and simply export a gif.

Attached: 7141332.png (400x408, 103K)

you're using m64py front-end right?
their github has the same issue, but on windows (if that's relevant). github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-ui-python/issues/145
Maybe you can downgrade m64py?
does the commandline mupen64plus work, without the m64py frontend?

What do you call the sheet of plastic that comes in a laptop's 2.5' internal hdd that covers up the circuit board? Can I go without using one?

Seems previous versions of stuff aren't available on the openSUSE Emulators repo, but yeah, the issue is on both the front end and terminal. m64py will complain about not finding the core library and on the terminal it complains about some hex value in libmupen64plus2.

When browsing for the library file in m64py however, I can see the link to libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0, but not the actual library file itself. It's there if I go check in the terminal or file explorer, but it seems the actual library itself is not recognized.

It looks like a binary file of some kind, but what is needed to actually read it? Am I missing some path to whatever language it is compiled in?

you're probably not going to see it in the file select menu because it's looking for .so.2 files. You could probably see it if you change "Types of file" to all at the bottom of the file select dialog.
the links to libraries with .so.2 or whatever are nothing special, a lot of libraries do that to control versions.

m64py uses qt, python and shit, not to mention all the libraries mupen64 uses. so it could be just a mismatch of libaries used between any of those components.

the original error message of "undefined" signal suggest that something was compiled with a different library in mind.

I just tried rebuilding the source rpm (mupen64plus) from the repo, but it complains about failed dependencies: freetype2, libpng, samplerate, sdl2. All of which are provided by some differently named package.

This smells like the source of the issue. Guess I should create an issue on Github or something. Report to the package maintainer? I dunno.

yeah post to your distro's package maintainer first.

so doko.moe used to be around for sending files around 50mb~, what is there now? slow connection speed on both ends need some kind of host

An update to my forum post will have to do for now. Couldn't really quite figure out the bug reporting thing.

Thanks for the help so far.

can i bypass a slack team limitation on creating a channel?

>tfw too scared to ask the same question on Stackoverflow again after 4 answers didn't help me fix my problem

should I just give up programming

Attached: neckbeard.png (180x180, 26K)

what's wrong dog

Movie Maker

Best free simple PDF editor for Windows? All I require is that it can rotate/delete/change the order of pages, merge/split PDF files and do it without leaving a watermark.

Attached: 1517258467027.png (870x1174, 53K)

I'm creating a stopwatch that stops after hearing a clap. My first function with the stopwatch object should call the second function, draw, and return once the volume gets higher than a certain threshold. But it doesn't seem to return and stop the stopwatch after a clap. Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong in my code? I hope it's really obvious.

function callStopwatch() {
var watch = new Stopwatch(timer);
watch.start();
if(draw()){
watch.stop();
}
}

function draw() {
let flag = false;
var vol = mic.getLevel();
if(vol > 0.2){
console.log("true"); //created to check whether sound detection is working
flag = true;
}
return flag;
}

Attached: Slash.jpg (500x315, 20K)

Pls respond

i don't know almost anything about js but are you shadowing another draw function? That's a pretty common name.

Should have said it was JS at the beginning, sorry. Didn't work when I renamed draw to asdfasdf. I'm looking into callback functions to see if I could implement my two functions that way. I think I'm just misunderstanding function scope somehow. Thanks for the input user

what is the smallest and best video format/compression for videos on the web?
I want to host my videos on my provider's webhosting instead of youtube, and my plan has a great bandwidth scheme, but i still want to make the file as small as possible. Its all FullHD.

Where do I find firmware for Cisco WS-X4515
Cisco doesn't offer the download anymore

Webm

recently my wifi card has been acting slower. its a dual band tplink one. on both bands im maxing out at 25mbit instead of 50, and often im getting only 10mbit. I dont think its a distance issue and theres no additional interferrance. is there anything that could be causing it except a faulty card? desu i hate wifi but it beats running an ethernet cable through the house

Don't know about your wireless card problem, but have you thought of powerline ethernet?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

why icecat? its just a rebrand of firefox

it doesnt seem too bad. its not on ex yet though

yeah i mean i know poe is a thing but having worked with it in the past it would randomly stop working and fluctuate with different things all the time. I know about the grid thing and all and im pretty sure it wasnt that

Photoshop's gif making ability is pretty good although it does take a little while to learn.

So my wireless mouse receiver stops working whenever I unplug it and try to use a different mouse. I try to restart the computer and it takes a few minutes to shut down before I get a Driver_Power_State_Error BSOD. Once I restart the computer with the receiver in, the mouse works perfectly.

I am a raging autist who refuses to upgrade my old about to die HDD or upgrade from Windows 7. What do I do?

Don't know shit about JS but how is the function gonna stop anything if you aren't checking every frame? From what I can see that code will only stop the watch as it's being created, not after.

Reinstall the usb drivers

looks familiar, is that sobchan

女 ス パ イ と 拷 問 / ケ チ ャ ッ プ 味 の マ ヨ ネ-ズ

How much of a pain would fixing something like this on a laptop? It's an IdeaPad, so I guess there are spare parts around. It has nice specs for a cheap laptop.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-07-12-29-57-740_com.ebay.mobile.png (1080x2246, 1.52M)

is there ANY way of specifying which folders should synchting sync over LTE network and which over wifi?
I have small text files folder that i need to be synced 24/7
then I have a FLAC music folder, that obviously needs wifi...
Im on unrooted android

A portable monitor is like 160€, so maybe if I contact Lenovo they can fix it for me for less or something.

I want a browser that
>can run 4chanX
>isn't firefox
What's my best option? Yes I'm a windows cuck.

Pretty much everything supports MP4 and most big browsers support WebM (you'll just alienate IE and Safari users).
The most common video coding formats MP4 supports are AVC, HEVC and AV1. For WebM it's VP8, VP9 and AV1.
>AVC
The king for high bitrate encodes (not that good for low ones). Best compatibility.
>HEVC
Currently the best option for low to moderate bitrates. Unfortunately nothing but Safari supports it by default.
>VP8
It's shit. Don't bother.
>VP9
Worse than HEVC (mainly because libvpx is a shit encoder; haven't tried SVT-VP9 yet), but better than AVC for low to moderate bitrates and in contrast to HEVC it's supported by most big browsers.
>AV1
Currently provides the best compression, but it's still far too soon to be usable. Even though it already has great browser support for its age (FF, Chrome and some of their derivatives), encoding is still slow and there's no hardware support yet.

To summarize: Use WebM with VP9 if you really want to crush the bitrate or MP4 with AVC for best compatibility.

I'm kind of retarded but I can't work out how to load thinkpad-acpi (using Arch) or get ThinkFan working. Using a T420, anyone had experice with this/know how to get it going?

If those are really your only criteria, you might as well use Chrome.

Chrome, Chrome forks, Vivaldi...

well its a hinge and display frame, go look on ebay. if you can find the parts, then its just patience.

none. pirate adobe. not even kidding, no free tool can do those.

use Discord? lol

Ive got 4x 120mm fans
2 x front case fans
1x rear case fan
1x heatsink fan

I have some 2x1 pwm fan splitters.

Obviously I put the 2 front case fans into CHA_FAN2 using the splitter.

Should i use a fan splitter on both the heatsink and rear case fan and plug them into CPU_FAN? or do I keep the rear and heatsink fans seperate? If so, which fan header should I use to maximize cable cleanliness?

Attached: mobofans.png (724x869, 88K)

cpu opt usually has a seperate pwm profile. just plug them all in in any config.

just get a thing like this: amazon.co.uk/DEEPCOOL-FH-10-Integrated-Controller-Motherboard/dp/B077YHLDSP/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=deepcool fh-10&qid=1555960833&s=gateway&sr=8-1

fuck splitters.
need to route one cable to the controller, then all case fans go into that.

>Buy new computer
>It has an AIO CPU cooler
>It has no optic drive
>It occasionally make clickety sounds that reminds me of a 3 12 floppy reader activating

I still have the muscle memory to floppy from the reader whenever I click a program or something and I hear the tower make a clickety sound.
What makes that sound, is it the cooling pump? Is my computer haunted by a copy of Windows 3.1?

thanks for details

dont waste money on this garbage lmao

> 20$
> waste money
HOW FUCKING POOR CAN YOU GET?

Also I have two, one in each PC, never had any issues with them in 2 years. Not sure what you are smoking user...

>aio
probably the aio ramping up or pump noise or an air bubble or a cable or something.
"help my car is making a noise"

$20 for this vs $4 for 2 splitter cables or $3 for a 3 way cable. waste your money as much as you want

> get long ass splitter cables
> get pwm fan cable extenders
> run it all behind the PC
> built a cobbled mess

I mean, it's up to him of course. But it's a great solution for folks who can afford 20$. I mean if you have any proper fans like Noctua, 20$ won't make a dent.

its not about being poor, youre missing the point completely. dont waste money where you dont need to. If you had noctua fans youd already have a splitter cable. If you cant cable manage thats a different problem altogether

I have an old 3.5" diskette which was originally I believe formatted for something called an "Acorn" computer, although I may be wrong because it was also used in a digital camera that allowed you to insert the diskette. This was circa 1997. The diskette has been kept dry and as far as I'm aware hasn't been around anything like a magnet. Should I assume that the data is gone by now though, being 2019? Or is it possibly on there? How would I get the data off (I believe they were photos I took in school), if I really wanted to?

Is there any windows program that can encode in hevc (.heif/.heic)?

Are there anti malware programs for Linux, (Xubuntu in my case)? Or should I just fresh install?

Attached: 1543582886459.jpg (540x540, 49K)

How do I get a twitter account without having to give my phone number to them? Every time I make an account it gets locked for "suspicious behavior" even though I haven't done anything, and the only way to make the account work again is to provide my phone number.

Maybe just get a cheap burner phone if it really comes down to it. Also stop using twitter

thewindowsclub.com/remove-the-folders-from-this-pc-windows-10

Everyone knows how to remove these, but is there any way to create new ones via regedit?

Can anyone give me some earphone recommendations?

I am just looking for something with good noise concealment as I listen to cringe music in public

Been using Chromium, where opening bookmarks works like this
>middle click single bookmark: open in new tab, doesn't switch focus to it
>middle click a folder of bookmarks: same
But for the time being I'm forced to use Waterfox, where by default middle clicking a bookmark switched focus to that new tab. That I could disable from about:config. But that folder opening still switches focus to the opened bookmarks and I fucking hate it. What do?

holy shit windows goddamn. can you use the windows 10 media installation tool to install windows 8.1?

How many our have you guys spend on ricing? I mean you can really spend hours on this until there is not a wasted pixel and every hotkey is streamlined.
Anybody got real nuts with this?

god dammit user

Attached: 1527942325201.jpg (384x378, 82K)

Anyone have experience with proxy providers and shit? What should I be looking for when I'm out to buy? I know 4G is the best route to go cause I'm doing social media shit. I also know I can get away with ipv4, but I'm trying to avoid. I only need 4 proxies max, not an insane amount like 100 - 1,000. I would be interested in making my own as well, but I know I need to get a shitty little android phone. If it's easy enough, I will, but if it's not simple, I'd rather go through a provider and spend $5 or whatever.

Attached: Good_Luck_I_m_Behind_7_Proxies[1].jpg (800x450, 73K)

Is there a way to make the Chromium Jow Forums X extension not lag like shit when scrolling down for the first time?

Attached: 2019-05-07-09-03-09.webm (911x831, 677K)

I'm going for vacation to Turkey
What technologies should I check there?

Answer my question

>sandniggers
>technology

I would like to stop feeding my information to big corporations just out of principle. As someone with surface level knowledge on internet and technology, what are the most cost effective steps I could take?
I don't need online secrecy for anything important, I just don't want to comply with the status quo

Attached: 71018384.jpg (600x400, 33K)

>have a high end pc (1080ti, 144hz, etc..)
>high paying job requires me to travel alot
>most of the time im stuck in my cheapo laptop on a hotel
should i get a something like a nintendo switch or wait for google stadia, geoforce now, etc..

>inb4 get out and socialize with people
fuck you

where do i find the rest of op's pic?

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=68589229

Use umatrix
Don't enter your real info ever into anything unless it's really important.
Use a shitty email address for everything that's not important.

Their coffee making technology.

Is there any easier way to say pictures from Jow Forums? Right now I'm doing it in 3 clicks
>right click
>save image
>save
Is there anyway to do it in 1 click?

Attached: 1556505089791.jpg (200x313, 10K)

What's the average lifespan of a gpu that's not overclocked?