Literally nothing works with this shit

Attached: wine.jpg (150x113, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lutris.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

works just fine on macOS

>still no windows support
yikes

This is obviously bait, but wine would have legitimate use on windows if MS ever decides to start dropping legacy stuff

Literally everything works with this shit.

>could run stuff using playonlinux
>update mint
>wine update removes playonlinux
>reinstall playonlinux
>playonlinux won't run same things it used to

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 works very good.

and Rodent's Revenge

Dunno works perfectly fine on my windows machine

Attached: 4L_THMO6Knt.jpg (1350x1800, 641K)

install gentoo

msvc games always work
if the compiling was iffy then it certainly won't work with wine now

Hi, pajeet.

retard

Everything’s working great for me. I have Tribes 2 running beautifully.

maybe you're too brainlet

It can't emulate nothing

I was playing modded San Andreas on it earlier today.

Literally everything without anticheat works, are you retarded?

What package to install?
>wine
>wine-development
>wine32
>wine64
>wine64-development
>wine32-development-preloader
>etc
>etc
>etc
Programs that actually work only need one package

They are from 2001 and 2004. good job.

apt install wine
append "-development" if you want to play vidya

>he plays post-Gamergate gaymes

Attached: 713B0058-5802-4EBA-B822-C325E00DF08E.jpg (681x384, 41K)

all goyms up to directx 10 werk, with 9 -natively
11 has dxvk, duno about 10
said another way, more gayms work with wine than on windows

blame debian

where's the DIDF now?

If you want to run Windows software so badly just use Windows. Why even waste your time with wine?

us white people have wine and wine-nine

Wine is the meta package, install that.

>implying it's a waste of time

If you install PlayOnLinux it makes it easier than installing windows software inside of windows.

Good games stopped being made around that time.

see

It is a waste of time, you are going out of your way to install something that will run worse than it would if you just used Windows.

That's just a lie, try installing anything that isn't from 10 years ago and it simply won't work, but you will only realize that after 2 hours searching mailing lists.

If Windows software is so important to you, just fucking use Windows and stop using Linux just because some people on the internet told you.

Running HeidiSql on it as it seems that all gui database clients for Linux suck.

>you are going out of your way
double click or cd dir. wine .exe
>will run worse
wrong :^)

>installing anything that isn't from 10 years ago
>and it simply won't work

Attached: 1539583702601.jpg (250x223, 9K)

he fell for the garbage linux meme
linux is for ricers who just surf the web. you want to actually do other shit than that, stick with windows.

what about xubuntu?

What about it?

use this
lutris.net/

Attached: logo.2104b09c2c3f.png (256x256, 14K)

what about your post?

>not using winetricks
baka

The only things that won't work are obscure .Net feature stuff (Mono is fucking trash) and some DRM/Anticheat modules.

It's dangerous to use wine. Viruses work great in wine and will fuck your shit up.

well desu if you're a brainlet and have no clue how to configure it or how to install libraries of course nothing works. Insults aside some programs and games(especially newer ones) don't really work but most do.If you know how to configure it properly or how to look for help it's not bad at all

firejail or a separate user

use linux for servers
for desktop use the absolute best and the most successful desktop environment ever, no matter what the virtue signaling fedoras tell you MICROSOFT WINDOWS

do it while you still can, while you can disable most of the NSA crap they cram into it and before windows itself goes to complete shit from all the pajeets spreading their intellectual wonders all over the code and usability design

What really puzzles me when it comes to discussing Wine is that there are seemingly black and white opinions on the matter all the time.
>those who say it's shit, nothing works and it's broken
>whose who say everything works
Let's be honest for once. SOME things work (especially non-intensive applications), some don't. It's not perfect, but I've been pleasantly surprised to see it's improving.

>before windows itself goes to complete shit from all the pajeets spreading their intellectual wonders all over the code and usability design
This has already happened years ago.

Lutris for anything that needs directx 10/11
For everything else, learn how wineprefixes work noob (and then import into lutris)

wine staging, thats fucking it

dont help these kind of "people"

Lutris is great. I had a lot of issues trying to get UT99 to work on Wine because of some sort of “double free or corruption” error after starting the game for the first time. But with Lutris I was able to get the GOG version installed and running perfectly all the time with the updated OpenGL renderer by selecting Steam Proton. And as a bonus you can even install native ports of games using install scripts.

You're installing more dependencies than you realize, pajeet.

>muh games
lol pleb

Attached: 1552309613885.png (640x1136, 523K)

Wine has much better 16-bit compatibility on 64bit systems than windows (which has none)

>red wine in a white wine glass

Isn't it a champagne flute?

I disagree

this is the retardocracy of Jow Forums.

Thinks they're computah elites by running muh freedoms OS, then desperately looks for ways to run win proggies when they realize their freeedums holds zero incentives to dev useful software other than scripttyware for internet accolades.

bloody fucking hell them quads. the chanlords blessed this reply.

Does anyone really use Wine? Except of course people who've been using Linux for less than a year.