The future of technology. What a disgrace

The future of technology. What a disgrace.

Attached: 1550066508468.jpg (2122x976, 318K)

have sex

>Using meme technology

Cars should not have internet connections. Actually they shouldn't even have screens.

>tfw this fag has a choice but willingly chooses to buy gay technology with planned obsolescence
>then proceeds to go on a chinese basketweaving imageboard to bitch about it

Attached: 1461473531892.gif (538x572, 338K)

>car pinpoints the issue and even automagically orders the necessary parts to your local service center
Oh the audacity of Musk, he's got to hang for this. This level of convenience is simply unacceptable.

>buying a car that software locks the fucking battery capacity

This.

Cannot drive your car because it's broken? Good. America's car laws are a joke and any old claptrap is deemed street legal. I hope all cars go this route.

What if I want to drive on private property?

Based and redpilled. Analog knobs are the way of the past but really should return in the future. Why the hell is it illegal to text and drive but you can smack a tablet with apple music/spotify/etc in the dashboard?

Buy this instead.

Attached: DSy3oB5WAAEH27d.jpg (1200x848, 124K)

There is no such thing as private property.

What if I want to drive on a lot that I own and to which I've denied the general public access?

Then get a car that's not built to be street legal at expense of the fun of driving it. A caterham car would be a good start.

What a joke

>lot that I own
>deny the general public access
You belong in a reeducation camp.

Look grandpa, I know it's hard for your tiny boomer mind to grasp, but public roads are not the place for you to endanger other people by driving. Go to a race track or a trail or a desert if you want to do it in any fashion other than "perfectly safely". That includes both your driving style and the vehicle itself.

Cars should be airgapped even with screens

>implying you can't own property and allow the general public to use it
He just said there's no such thing as private property so I became extremely specific.

That's my point, you illiterate twat. What if I'm attempting to drive in an area that doesn't endanger other people, such as a race track or desert, and my car still refuses to allow me to drive it? That's utter bullshit and you know it as well as I do.

Get a car that is meant to not be driven on the road, aka not street legal. Those will allow you to do whatever you want away from other people so you don't endanger them.

>Get a car that is meant to not be driven on the road, aka not street legal.
I shouldn't need to have two cars to do what one car can do. I can completely understand not being able to drive a non-street-legal vehicle on the streets but to be restricted from driving a street legal vehicle off the street is asinine.

Why not?

This person thinks that you should not be allowed to live your own life or make your own decisions, and that you should be required to submit, by force, to anything others choose to impose upon you.

People that think that generally do because they consider themselves one of those others that is smarter and more enlightened than everybody else, and can't understand why anyone would want freedom or autonomy, given that he has better answers for everything.

Stay away from electric cars if you live in a cold climate
Im going to wait until we have carbon based batteries that doesnt warp from temperature
Lithium batteries are cancer

This isn't just Tesla. Technicians will refuse to work on anything these days. Enjoy your warranty. Total it and run while you still can.

/thread

Unless you're a slave in some shithole who happens to be able to post on Jow Forums, you are indebted to society for protecting your autonomy.

Would you rather have a single, more expensive SKU or two, one of which is cheaper and also has better battery endurance in the long run?

electrics cars can be disabled by government emp

So can most ICE models made after ~1980

yeah but you can jumpstart them

Good luck jumping a car with a fried ECU.

The only crime is that they don't have Tesla parts on hand at a Tesla service centre.

I do not have a small penis, thank you very much.

Pre ordered means exactly that, its on stock, how would the car pre order anything prior to the error

It says pre-shipped. I was under the assumption that that meant that the car has detected an issue with part X and has ordered part X for whatever shop you prefer. In comparison to going to the shop, telling them the issue, them diagnosing it, then ordering the part.

Why should they? You want that feature then rationalise it

this

what the fuck is wrong here? this is absolutely astounding. imagine if your toyota literally said "hey your upper control arm is bent that's why your car is veering to the right - we've informed your local toyota, just login and make an appointment to get it fixed"

holy shit that sounds amazing - let a computer diagnose the problems instead of a fucking moron greasemonkey

I am of two minds of this.
For one, I partly agree with There is particular danger of being able to remotely access vehicles, especially while moving (if they just connected to your home wifi and connectivity were disabled while the car was "running" it wouldn't be as bad).
On the otherside, if the car can detect and order a failed part on its own, you save a couple hundred on diagnosis as it is and likely time as well.

>EMP
>jumpstart
>hurr put two wires together
>oh wait there's not voltage from the battery
>oh yea that EMP that just went off
it's like you fucks didn't pay attention in fucking physics class jesus tap dancing christ

>This level of convenience is simply unacceptable.
>have to wait 8 weeks to get a part
>convenient
Sure buddy.

>gets automatically billed

>8 weeks from when the car diagnoses issue
>compared to 8 weeks from when you finally get around to bringing your car to the shop and having a mechanic tell you what's wrong, at which point you agree to have it fixed and wait 8 weeks for the part to arrive
What's the issue?

Where's it say 8 weeks?

HAVE SEX REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: rei.png (332x332, 138K)

>What's the issue?
That parts for other cars are in stock all the time.
All over the Internet.

>That parts for other cars are in stock all the time.
Clearly not if it takes 8 weeks for them to arrive

...what?

this is what you get when you pay for software instead of a car.

If it takes 8 weeks for a product to arrive I'd imagine it's not in stock.

It takes 8 weeks for Tesla only.

Family car got cylinder head cracked, got brand new replacement in 2 working days.

Yeah it's always nice when the mechanic happens to have the exact part you need either in stock or in a junkyard nearby. Don't let that convenient anecdotal evidence go to your head and make you think your mechanic has all parts for all non-Tesla cars in-stock.

You know that he can you know... Order them from the manufacturer...? Which usually takes those 2-3 working days...?

>rub flint and steel together

>Get a cheaper model 3/S/X with less range when your finances aren’t up to par for the better model

>Upgrade when you get more bux

>If you decide not to upgrade, you’ll even have the benefit of better battery degradation rates as a result of your battery pack not being fully unlocked and never going below 20-40 percent of its true battery capacity.

A TRAVESTY
T
R
A
C
E
S
T
T

>Implying the control arm is bent and it’s not simply a loose connector or any other simple problem whose solution does not require replacing the entire part

What is wrong with this? It's just telling you your car is fucked

>That parts for other cars are in stock all the time.
I see you don't own a car.

>told not to text and drive
>here have a giant fucking tablet in the center console

>implying modern cars aren't all part of the planned obsolescence scam
>having the nerve to call others faggot

Attached: 1557074209596.jpg (405x727, 84K)

>Actually they shouldn't even have screens.
howwould you see the road then?

Hydrogen cars are the future.

Attached: firefox.jpg (600x600, 45K)

>convenience
This is more like an Applel tier scam. They'll definitely force you to purchase the parts from their store at a severely high markup.

>Literally 2001 A Space Odyssey
"I'm sorry user, that particular part of the car will malfunction in 4 days"
"An appointment has been made for tomorrow at 8AM to the nearest Tesla service center"
"Your credit card has been debited of $1500"
"Have a nice day"

Distracted driving is illegal, except for some reason when the car itself is the distraction.

My local Chevy dealer had to order in an oilpan for a fucking 4 banger. They should have dozens of those in stock. Had to order in.

>user is now suddenly in the red and will have to pay penalties for going over his credit card limit
>user starts ripping cables of the car's computer out of rage
>Car's speakers start singing The Star-Spangled Banner with a distorted sound going worse as more cables are ripped
God bless America

Not like it pre buys the part you still go in to the service place when you want and pay at the actual time right? It just makes sure they have the parts there in stock? Or am I wrong?

This reminds me of the Friends episode when Phoebe was dealing with the fire alarm.

So what's the solution for the privacy conscious when all modern cars ship with invasive cellular-enabled telemetry?

Had to scrap an 01 taurus because it was too expensive to fix it. :( Guess this is going to become more and more common?

>when all
First grow a brain.

install gentoo

No really, there'll probably be a small but persistent base of open-source cars.

no thx

>if the car can detect and order a failed part on its own
people selling you that shitbox will abuse the shit out of this

he's right, though. faggot op got what's coming to him.

put ecu in faraday cage lol
oh wait, most modern cars have 100s of computers all over the can
that's why you get old can

>proprietary hardware
>warranties
>probably a ton of legal issues surrounding hacking of SD tech
>open-source car
If even singular hardware components are rarely open, this will never happen. Legally, you're not going to be allowed to meddle with the software of self-driving cars due to regulatory restrictions of what can run on the roads and who's responsible for it.
Hardware wise, if you just physically disable the cellular antenna, the car will probably decide to brick itself if it can't phone home.

Now that I think about it, aren't cars themselves Faraday cages? That's why it's safe to be in one if it gets struck by lightning.

>have sex
With lolis.

Attached: 1431379384927.jpg (1600x1200, 205K)

I just might not live in a 3rd world shithole.

cool, updoooted ;))

Is it illegal to fix it yourself?

Ok, we all got that botnet in a Tesla is bad,
BUT are there any unbot hacks that disable Teslas from accessing internet?
I mean isn't there a single person who unbotted his Tesla and if, how are the results and are there features besides of internet related stuff that don't work anymore?
Like gas mileage and stuff?

Based boomer pilled.

So? Poorfags don't own Teslas in the first place.

Call me a Luddite, but 1980's economy dumb cars with manual roll-up windows are GOAT

Attached: 1b8e48c9232bbf2df48abf00af064b18[1].jpg (500x349, 44K)

Found the Miatafag

>Call me a Luddite,
nah you're just a yuropoor

Tesla's been throwing a bitchfit about right-to-repair laws for a while.

A render of a gay car?

Not fully owning something like a car... Yeah I'll pass Ms. Shill.

I think user was going for a different piece of media.

Nah, the more expensive ones in the 80's were better, mid range ones like Cadillacs and VWs that weren't made out of plastic

>VWs
>not made out of plastic wherever they can get away with

I'm having sex with your cartoon wife right now loser

Attached: 1548006692436.png (319x448, 154K)

>winter
>want to roll down powered window
>can't
>want to roll down crank window
>crank really hard
I miss crank windows