Why does Jow Forums still use the official Youtube apps or website when alternatives exist?

>2019
>still using botnet Youtube apps and site
>not using youtube-dl
>not using the Invidious frontend website
>not using Newpipe for Android

Why do you continue giving Google your data by using the Youtube apps and site?

Why do you actually have a Youtube subscription?

Attached: YouTube-Alternatives.jpg (436x436, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe#features
bitchute.com/
framatube.org/
invidio.us/
vidlii.com/
streamable.com/
catbox.moe/
newpipe.schabi.org/
youtube-dl.org/
joinpeertube.org/en/
github.com/omarroth/invidious/issues/34
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/375264-youtube-to-invidious.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just use invidio.us as a YT frontend.

Attached: 1557111456261.png (500x500, 190K)

that's what the OP said, user

I use YouTube Vanced because it's not limited to 360p.

Why would I care about Google having my data? They don't do anything bad with it

Oh no, Google knows what kinda videos I like to watch. Whatever will I do now that a corporation has secrets this powerful to use against me? I am doomed.

Attached: serveimage.png (633x758, 16K)

>I use YouTube Vanced because it's not limited to 360p.
Newpipe is 4K, nigger.

No it's not. And it's broken 1/3 the time.

>No it's not
Yes, it is, you fag.

>1080p/2K/4K support
github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe#features

Lol u gotta enable it in settings
I use vanced 4k all the time

I mean newpipe

>he doesn't use Newpipe
It's so fucking good.

Attached: newpipe_promotion_video.webm (210x372, 2.08M)

>slow search results
>video doesn't autoplay by default
Yeah, I'm sticking with Vancedâ„¢

Vanced is 50 MB
Newpipe is less than 5
Also vanced isnt opensource
Enjoy your botnet aids

>Invidious
Unsupported format error on a lot of videos.

>slow
it's his internet connection, retard.
But stick with your spyware.

>50MB out of 64 GB
>never seen any ads in my life

>Unsupported format error on a lot of videos.
never got that.

>does what it's supposed to
>this is somehow impressive enough to be made into a webm and shared

Fuck off back to Jow Forums.

The only google product I use is Youtube, and I only use it on my roku.

>google product I use is Youtube, and I only use it on my roku.
double botnet

Newpipe and Legacy both crash on my phone, what are alternatives?

Stop using your shitty pajeet rom

That's fine. It's only used at my place of work, so there are 6 other people who are using the roku and its apps throughout the day.

I get the error on live streams or almost all long videos (like pic related), sometimes on random videos.

Attached: IXlPrJ-OaWY.png (1122x702, 151K)

Orig KK rom, 5 yr old phone still works well. Does that mean Newpipe doesn't support KK?

>Orig KK rom
Hahahahaha update that shit you fag.

No update support after 2 yrs tho. But KK is comfy, like Win 7.

if you're still using KitKat right now you're asking for trouble. Enjoy your exploits and your apps crashing and losing compatibility.

It's just Newpipe/Legacy crashing. Other apps have always been smooth and fine. So any alternative YT apps?

What does the other 45 mb do? Spying on you? You will never know since its not open source

Attached: 1557202373370.jpg (1024x1024, 97K)

You didn't look at the 5MB of Newpipe so it's all the same.

Your entire phone is spying on you.

>he didn't remove the spyware
Lel

>You didn't look at the 5MB of Newpipe so it's all the same.
Hundreds of other people do, and that's what matters, user.

Some YouTube alternative suggestions:
bitchute.com/
framatube.org/
invidio.us/
vidlii.com/

Direct-link file upload:
streamable.com/
catbox.moe/

Android YouTube viewer/downloader - newpipe.schabi.org/
PC YouTube downloader - youtube-dl.org/

Attached: 1549067394416.jpg (1436x674, 218K)

>> muh botnet apps
> he doesn't know how to fake fingerprinting data on mobile

The sub feature is trash.

newpipe is not working on my android.
help.
"There is a problem parsing the package."

define anything and bad

I think that's because you have an older Android. Try installing newpipe legacy

good posts
thanks anons

Attached: istockphoto-868622734-612x612.jpg (612x408, 29K)

I use invidious for subs. Way better.

Another simple alternative is to subscribe by RSS and pipe the newsboat (or whatever) 'open in browser' command to your media player. I've had much better results with SMPlayer than youtube-dl+mplayer for general streaming desu.

>"There is a problem parsing the package."
Your Android shitphone is too old. Get a job and buy a new one.

lol

How do I raise my entertainment skill Jow Forums? I want to get in early on a new platform like people did with YouTube two decades ago. Prism Channel said anyone can be a YouTuber.

Attached: 1542582160607.png (396x584, 298K)

How much better is this than hooktube? It seems like some 12-18 months ago google made some changes that prevented hooktube from working properly.

Ruu is so fucking cute and soft looking. I bet she would feel amazing to cuddle.

Stop stirring up trouble on other boards and come back with us.

Attached: Mirai knife.jpg (2260x2680, 465K)

He's right about the broken part.
I gotta keep both nupipe and vanced on my phone, cause np breaks constantly.

Friendly reminder that even through NewPipe you still get profiled by the botnet. My recommended videos are sometimes completely unrelated to the video I'm watching, but I can tell are curated for me to watch as the algorithm is probably botnetting my IP, the NewPipe user agent, and/or whatever it is.

Attached: 1518783155783.jpg (378x378, 39K)

torrents

You can always be profiled by IP

Well yeah that's obvious, but then why do these freetards try to claim NewPipe protects your privacy. It's the same as using YouTube in browser but logged out and in an incognito/private tab.

>why do these freetards try to claim NewPipe protects your privacy.
well it doesn't have whatever tracking the youtube app is always running.

How is that even remotely related to Jow Forums you autistic

>5MB opsen source is the same as 50MB closed source
This is how retarded you are

Because my favourite creators are too basic to move to bit.tube

There's not point in resisting the botnet.
I stopped caring and ironically, I feel free.

>Prism
>that's a loser mindset

all the software you mentioned are still youtube you're still using the botnet, makes little to no difference if you use it's default frontend or a third party one, those aren't "youtube alternatives"

Youtube app is handy for casting to Youtube on TV.
>Invidious frontend website
>Newpipe for Android
What's the benefit of these over using the site or the app?

No. Ads.

Different frontend website seems pretty overkill for something that adblocker (which I assume almost everyone here has) already does. But definitely a plus on Android

can't speak for newpipe, but invidious doesn't have ads, has an audio-only mode, and (imo) has a better subscription system

Are there any open source YouTube alternative frontends that show YT's suggested/related content from that video?

For instance, I think Invidious comments and related are not the same as YouTube's, for the same video. Newpipe (on Android) is great, and has comments... but no suggested/related videos? It would be nice if they could add it as a feature at least.

>youtube in a browser
Enjoy your 360p

What do you mean? Why would I be stuck with 360p?

Your gps is still on user.

stop watching trash

>100 other people think the other 99 look at the source so nothing will happen

>still using botnet Youtube apps and site
>apps
>apps

Attached: 1498072935528.jpg (640x360, 97K)

>Sign into invidio.us using google acc a few minutes back
>Says error
>Get google alert from a few secs back warning about some ameriburger signing into my acc
Well i changed password

Attached: Screenshot_20190508-022804.jpg (718x415, 86K)

Well, its harm reduction . The open source apps for mobile and (possibly) frontends like Invidious mean reducing the amount of information sent to google.

You also get no ads of any sort (which is useful especially compared to the mobile YT apps. Good ad/tracker blocking addons can help on browsers), are not necessarily using your Google account so its less data to be followed/leaked (I think NewPipe just all uses either a standard or one aggregate ID for all users basically making it very difficult to track), and other features. Many of them allow you to easily download with many options - just video, just audio, both, various resolutions etc... which aren't available without various browser addons/hacks.

So still using YouTube but just in a safer and sometimes more convenient way.

You cant change res on web browsers u retard
Its crap

>You cant change res on web browsers u retard
???

At that point why not just use youtube

It seems like solutions here fall into two camps - less harmful/more private ways to access YouTube itself if necessary, and actual alternatives.

This is a nice little start, though invidious is just a front end/passthrough for YouTube itself. BitChute, Vidlii and others are solid alternatives I suppose but they all get into the main problem of being proprietary.

This isn't because any of them are evil, hosting video content that users upload and providing other features (not to mention suggestions AI and whatnot) can be expensive and its hard to break into the market, so allowing any standard advertising is understandable.

Though not vanished, the problem is somewhat mitigated by supporting open source and federated content hosting. FramaTube as user linked is an instance of PeerTube - joinpeertube.org/en/ . This is getting off the ground and is federated , so look to see if one of your favorite instances is based on the same standard. Oh and I've highly avoid any of the services that are predicated on some sort of blockchain/bitcoin/etherium token nonsense. There are a few of them and I can't see a reason to use them over PeerTube, especially considering all the issues with being crypto reliant, people trying to manipulate etc...

Using it from another application or frontend etc.. is as I said above, harm reduction and additional features. Being able to see suggestions/related videos as they apply to the video itself, without being parsed against your particular account, can also be useful.

I use Chrome and maps etc , people are so paranoid,actually think they are important enough to be spied on ..

Attached: 1556489890417.jpg (646x583, 176K)

Go see for your self
I have both iphone and android and tested many browsers

I don't know if you're just being obtuse, but in case you're not go study up on the entire online advertising and data mining issue. Its not about being "important", its about the fact that with deep learning computing power its so cheap to search and so potentially profitable (not to mention few if any rules about privacy in most countries), that these companies commoditization of all your behavior, predictions of future behavior etc...can have major impacts on your life in the future, in ways that may be hard to associate with the original data that contributed to it.

You're talking about mobile browser, well of course! I was talking about desktop browsers. I was thinking I was going mad trying to figure out what you mean

I actually wrote a command-line thing to watch Youtube videos from the channels I follow.
Not so much because of privacy reasons but because the site is a pain in the ass to use.

All the more reason to use Newpipe on mobile!

So I installed newpipe because of this thread but how the fuck can you read the comments while watching the video? Because apparently you either play the video in full screen or read the comments and details to the video. Wtf is this retarded shit?

You do realize none of this is gonna make a difference if you're a Android user running your vendors stock rom.

I honestly don't know if its possible - I've never tried. I know you can set it to the background/play the audio, so maybe you can view comments while i ts doing that?

>serveimage.png
based startpage user

What the alternative to getting raped in the ass?

whats the difference between the DASH quality and 720p? i know what 720p is, what about 1080p? is it the dash thing?

Attached: 015712.jpg (228x221, 8K)

Do you use youtube-dl? Do a command -F and you will see all the formats and it will be clear what the differences are.

github.com/omarroth/invidious/issues/34

dash is 1080

I just use invidious to browse and right click videos and open mpv with youtube-dl to play the highest quality 1080p by default.

I don't use youtube at all anymore. Stick to youtube-dl + mpv, or I use invidio.us with this userscript to automatically replace youtube links greasyfork.org/en/scripts/375264-youtube-to-invidious.
On android I use newpipe of course.

Because jewgle is skynet, the end is inevitable.

>And it's broken 1/3 the time.
more like 1/6 stop complaining