/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>i5-9400F/9600K - Great gaming CPUs
>R5 2600/X - Great multithreaded use CPUs
>i7-9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 48375385_2226367154063788_1721330159597912064_o.jpg (1944x1296, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/D7GxFT/pny-quadro-gv100-32gb-video-card-vcqgv100-pb
pcpartpicker.com/list/bQZqjy
youtube.com/watch?v=7R1a6q0l9Ak
pcpartpicker.com/list/NVcyYT
pcpartpicker.com/list/kygCHh
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a 1440p 144hz Dell monitor. It’s hooked up via display port to my RTX 2070
The display settings only go up to 1080p and 64hz
Anyone know how I can enable the better resolution and refresh rate?

which monitor

and try another DP cable if you can.

From the last thread at the end;

So how big of an issue is speed on DDR3 ram? Deciding if it is worth it to get more in my old z87/haswell build, moving from 8gb to 16 as basically a final round of upgrades for it before I make a new build in a year or two. Only stuff that looks affordable/I can get easily is 12800, which is the same as I have in now, but just wanted to know if it was even worth it to upgrade to more at the same speed.

Check your display options in the nvidia control panel.

repostan
looking for a £100~ GPU to go with my 2400g because GPU prices are finally """"""""ok"""""""" and I want to get a dedicated GPU (and a 2600x at the end of the year or a new ryzen cpu)

probably going to get a £120~ 580 8GB, this is the one to go for right? only want 1080/60 at max settings for new meme games like sekiro and what not

I wouldn't bother wasting money on DDR3 desu.

Just start saving up for a platform upgrade when Zen2 hits.

DDR3 is cheap now so might as well
I'm on haslel too btw

Do you change it in the Nvidia panel control? Window's one is stupid sometimes.

580 from AMD or 1660 from Nvidia.

580 at $120 is certainly as good as it gets under $200 or so.

Stupid question dudes:
If I build a brand new computer with brand new parts save for the hard drive, which I will move over from my old computer, would everything just work as if it was my old computer or would there be some sort of driver issue i didn't expect that would fuck me over?

Attached: 8.jpg (760x570, 65K)

thought so
everything would probably work fine, parts not working is more of a motherboard issue i.e new ryzen cpus not working on b350 boards unless you upgrade the bios

What's the ideal GPU for 1440p@60Hz gaming?

Thanks lads. Have to install the nvidia driver then i think I’ll be good

Honestly just depends, moving from a Q6600 to a 5820k I was shocked that I could boot into my windows without installing any extra drivers, or fucking with anything.

I updated to the newest drivers for everything and it was fine.

I still ended up doing a complete reinstall a few months later though.

But i've also seen a FX-6300 to an 8600k and it would blue screen when trying to boot into the boot drive.

I think a certain AMD shill won't be happy about this...

1660Ti or 2060. Or Vega 56 if a decent sale price.

>I wouldn't bother wasting money on DDR3 desu.

Why I'm not going balls deep looking for higher clocked stuff. Also I'm not really worried about saving, just don't really want to do a new build till I really need it and seeing what else I can do to extend my current setup as it's still not feeling it's age.

If you can still find a 1070 for cheap, then that.

>9700k
we don't like the 8700k anymore?

It's fine, but unless it's more than $50 cheaper, it's generally not worth it.

Real cores are better than fake cores.

OP is trash

best mobo for someone who wants to overclock on Z390?

Best as in the BEST OCing board that allows for 5.2Ghz+? Or "best" as in cheapest board with the best OC value?

>intel cuck cpus in op
cringe

help me choose

Intel NUC
>around 330 eurobucks
>thunderbolt 3
>usb 3.1
>one 2.5" slot
>8190U has Iris 655

Asrock deskmini A300
>around 250 eurobucks
>no fancy ports but two 2.5" slots
>200GE, but has AM4 so upgradable later
>gotta buy wi-fi adapter and vesa mount separately, which is just a hassle

Best "value", I guess

Time for memes

Attached: file.png (1323x1009, 2M)

neither

you better post benchmarks for that thing

Why?

but what if they fit my use case

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro or Aorus Elite.

Attached: 6j8i71dbrxv11 (1).png (1488x2008, 173K)

because you have to do the needful and purchase AMD sir.

pcpartpicker.com/product/D7GxFT/pny-quadro-gv100-32gb-video-card-vcqgv100-pb
what the fuck is this card and why does it cost 10,000$

Workstation/cluster GPU meant for machine learning, AI, or similar tasks.

Would be pretty shit for gaming since Quadro drivers don't give a fuck about gaming optimizations.

What should I know before buying a first SSD?
I vaguely recall a meme early in their life that they died out faster, I'm guessing that stopped because it's horse shit?
What are the reliable companies to get SSDs from? I've noticed SanDisk has some big sales on their SSDs recently but I can't help but ask myself if it's because they're garbage no one buys.

Samsung and Intel are the top two.

Intel for reliability and consistent performance.
Samsung for cheaper price but higher peak performance.

Others like sandisk, adata, mushkin, etc are generally cheaper consumer drives.

Depends what you need the SSD for what you should get, but any SSD is better than no SSD.

just get a samsung 500GB ssd and put your OS on it
it's not rocket science

Got 2400/CL10 for $75 some time ago. It's pretty cool
Do you realize that average DDR4 on Ryzen isn't much faster than 2400 DDR3 on Haswell?

Attached: 4.3 3.9 2.2.png (539x556, 23K)

Make sure it's nvme and has DDR cache, everything else doesnt matter much

pcpartpicker.com/list/bQZqjy

Thoughts on this build? Wanting to play games at 1080p 60 fps

because it completely ignores a bunch of things in exchange for intel shilling from this retard

>Do you realize that average DDR4 on Ryzen isn't much faster than 2400 DDR3 on Haswell?
Do you realize he needs a platform upgrade for reasons BESIDES memory bandwidth?

Neck yourself retard.

its fine
might want to get 3200mhz ram instead though and a better version of the 580

I unironically would swap my current PC for whatever that thing in the OP is. And my PC ain't no shitter (1080Ti, 32GB of RAM (yeah nigger that aint a boot drive), Ryzen 2700x, blah blah).

>ignores a bunch of things
such as?

Also, the blatant AMD shilling is honestly far worse.

Whats wrong with this version of the 580?

>And my PC ain't no shitter
>Ryzen 2700x
What did he mean by this?

You fucked up by getting 4 x 8GB. Should have gotten 2x16 since the intel core CPUs use dual channel.

>Do you realize he needs a platform upgrade for reasons BESIDES memory bandwidth?
Oh.. does he really tho?

Attached: 1557226465429.png (815x81, 14K)

Well someone's gotta be stupid enough to buy Intel garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=7R1a6q0l9Ak

>single cherry picked game benchmark is fact

continue to neck yourself, you're just proving my point that you're legit retarded.

Friday
>Arriving Tuesday
Tuesday
>Arriving Tuesday
Wednesday
>Arriving Tuesday
The following Tuesday
>Arriving today
What are the chances this will arrive after 5pm?

Attached: file.png (911x277, 70K)

it's not a huge deal since most applications wont touch more than 16GB at a time anyway.

With dual channel memory controller, he can still utilize 16GB of that RAM for any singular application. 2x16GB would have allowed him to use all 32GB in a singular instance, but that would rarely need to happen, and most RAM hungry programs that actually DO need a shit ton of RAM, work decently well when spread across multiple DIMMs anyway.

wtf. I ordered this yesterday afternoon

Free next day delivery.

Attached: 2019-05-07 11_25_15.png (652x304, 51K)

Emptiness is filling me

Attached: 1555942309323.png (1301x1198, 82K)

Continue buying CPU upgrades every 2 years. I'm sure AMD needs your NEETbux more than you do. You'll definitely need that 9000 cores, man!

He's just a salty AMD loyalist, upset that Vega isn't being shilled in the OP. It genuinely pains him knowing AMD graphics cards aren't being shilled at the top.

By the way, sir, would you please buy a Vega 64?

LMAO intel shill go fucking shit on the street with your pal rajesh.

pcpartpicker.com/list/NVcyYT
what GFX card, if I don't care for 4k and just want 100+fps all the time?

To the point of agony

Attached: 1555945140869.png (1302x1183, 80K)

lol

Attached: 2019-05-07 11_26_32.png (382x797, 52K)

Growing darkness taking dawn

Attached: 1555945483323.png (1302x1183, 82K)

I'm running an Intel Core i5-8400 and an RTX 2080. Would it be worth upgrading to a Core i7-9700K? Feels like everything I run is maxed out at 4k 60fps, but I don't know.

Nothing, he's thinking of the 590 fatboy.

I was me but now, he's gone

Attached: 1555945545269.png (1302x1183, 84K)

>cherry picking the games intel does bad on to make it look worse instead of posting the 18 game average which shows they're basically identical performance.

wewlad

either get your own SFF case and do something with a actual GPU or not.
eGPUs are not worth it and NUCs are pretty limited

It would help in certain games for sure.

Just depends what you play though if it would help your specific use-case.

Yesterday seems as though it never existed

Attached: 1555945607523.png (1302x1183, 79K)

Imagine paying the same for a locked CPU that can't even multitask and has no upgrade path. Whats wrong with Shintel fanboys?

>intel quad core
>44.3ns
>mean while my ryzen with B-die ram at 3400 CL14 and tightened timings to the balls is 62ns
Just fucking end me.

Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye
Goodbye

Attached: 1555945726260.png (1302x1183, 78K)

better single core performance for MOST older games, unless you only play games from the last 18 months, odds are you play at least a few games that heavily favor intel CPUs.

Further, intel stability isn't a joke, intel systems generally just run smoother.

>t. 1600x owner that sold to my brother so I could buy a 9700k when it came out.

if you have a microcenter nearby, you can get a ryzen 1600 for $80 with $30 off any mobo. if you don't, i'd still go with the 1600 as it's much better value. definitely get some better ram as well. ideally something on the mobo's qvl so you don't have to fiddle with timings.

>continue to neck yourself, you're just proving my point that you're legit retarded.
It's actually fun that I've been an AMD fan most of my life. Used 5 of their CPUs (K5, Duron, Athlon64, Phenom II and Ryzen 2400G) vs 2 Intel ones, but retarded brand-loyal shilling fuckwits from Jow Forums like you made me absolutely hate the brand.
Probably the most retarded and salty fanclub I've ever seen.

Weird, i've owned 3 AMD CPUs and 5 intel CPUs over the years, at various points.

But hey, call me an intel shill if you want retard.

DELTE THIS

Even funnier when you can go back to the 2nd or 3rd gen Core series intels and get similar results, AMD is just horrible for latency, and the more recent BIOS updates for security patches make it even worse, so much so that certain internet forums even recommend using older BIOS revisions to maintain the lowest latency possible (which is still well above intel)

Thank you

pcpartpicker.com/list/kygCHh
>If I wasn't poor

well first of all, i5 is the easiest option to assemble and its about as easy to handle as any X cpu on amd, leaving only ram trainning to do manually

BUTT

the minimun FPS was pretty bad and almost always didnt matched 2600
H and B mobos on intel will not let you have memory above 2666, wich is why the test was literally done twice with intel.
a z mobo is OC tier and so you should use the i5 K version anyway. if you are luckly intel XTU will allow you to use the unlocked bus speed and OC a tiny but but you cant count on it.
you paid as much for the F variant that you did for the standard variant. the difference is F doesnt have the iGPU. supposely K versions will OC better because the iGPU power rails will be used as well, meaning at least one more phase when OCing but who knows.

so theres some weird stuff happening in these tests

Attached: 1539471699616.png (512x512, 129K)

Why does SSD speed get obliterated on Intel systems after security patches?

>Watercooled ryzen vs stock intel
>intel still wins
yikes

Now check minimum fps lol

It doesn't really.

Does it impact somewhat? Sure, but outside of benchmarks you'd never notice a difference unless you're in a VERY niche use-case, which a home user would 99.99999% of the time, not be.

Attached: 2019-05-07 11_38_47.png (769x820, 104K)

It's already there. Intel still better

Heard it here folks, 118 < 115

Is he right?

Considering Intels turbo abilities with a better cooler, the 9400f can probably handle it's all-core turbo for much longer, likely providing better minimum FPS since it wouldn't throttle itself from shitty stock cooler.

Attached: Average.png (1302x1183, 79K)

>moving my IO panel from the front to the side because I'm redoing the whole face
>esata port I'll never use making it look awkward and gay
>I'll cut that nigger off (I hope I don't fuck the panel)
>cut the nigger off, panel is unfucked, everything still werks
>install the panel on the side
>one USB port doesn't werk
FUCK

FUCKING

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: 950_Atto.png (1316x1634, 85K)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Attached: 850_Atto.png (1316x1634, 71K)

as a rule of thumb i7 and i9 cant be matched by amd

i5 can already, despite a occasional stutter, deliver constant 120+ FPS with the correct CPU

but this is all the unlocked version, and the i7 still has stutters because apparently 12 threads is not sufficient to prevent them. i9 doesnt stutter, can do 5ghz and has 16+ threads

wait I lied, it's 63ns on the ryzen with B-die ram.

>trying to reason an obvious shill
stop responding to him. If people don't realize that this benchmark heavily favors amd (water cooler + 3400 cl14 ram which only benefits ryzen) it's their own fault to fall into the ryzen meme.

Yeah he forgot to install a chiller for the Intel CPU.

This is why you buy 9th gen intel with the hardware fix instead of 8th gen.

I have a 950 pro sitting here as my boot drive, I have a 9700k with the hardware fixes. Oh look, it's far beyond whatever shit results are shown here.

Attached: 2019-05-07 11_48_57.png (519x319, 10K)

>tfw when I get a warning from the faggot jannie because I make fun of the intel queer that constantly spams his forced meme
>he spams every thread and starts them before bump limit but is still here
Yawn.