Windows 7 death

Is LTSC 2019 good enough?
We are months away from W7 death and I can't even upgrade my processor while on W7 anyways.
Outside useless crap and bloat I would never use like the MS store and that shit, there is ANY reason to don't switch there?
And no you retarded pieces of shit, I'm not going to install gentoo or any FOSS crap that can't run my software because my time actually worth money

Attached: file.png (569x569, 296K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mspoweruser.com/microsoft-to-offer-paid-windows-7-security-updates-through-january-2023/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is LTSC 2019 good enough?
yes, 'muh nostalgia' brainletism nonwithstanding

xubuntu is better

if you like xp/98 > xfce (with Arc)
if you like 7/10 > kde

How is it nostalgia? I use W7 because it literally works much better than W10. Windows 7 was the masterpiece of its time and MS hasn't managed yet to create anything better. May be another several years to wait, but I doubt since it is going to become 'a service'.

i upgraded to win10, and i'm happy. boots faster than win7

>Windows 7 was the masterpiece of its time
>How is it nostalgia?
windows 7 is an outdated PoS in 2020

>I can't even upgrade my processor while on W7 anyways.
Yes you can, I'm using an r5 2600 with windows 7 and it works fine.

>We are months away from W7 death

Nope

Attached: winCdfew.jpg (1184x315, 47K)

There's no point keeping Win7. It's outdated and Win10 works just fine. You don't have to use the fucking Microsoft store for shit, and you can customize the living fuck out of everything and there are tons of tweaks to remove anything you don't like.

Windows 7 is dead. It was fine for its time, but it's over, let it die.

>There's no point keeping Win7.
There's no point upgrading to Win10 either.
Win7 works fine and it will get updates for another 4 years.

> it will get updates for another 4 years
What are you talking about ?

mspoweruser.com/microsoft-to-offer-paid-windows-7-security-updates-through-january-2023/

inb4
>b-but you have to pay for them
Technically, you have to pay for Windows too.

I decided to go over to linux instead. Any issues I have with it I'd rather deal with (such as certain program/game etc compatibility) is still a better scenario than dealing with the problems of windows 10. It's a real shame that windows turned into what it has and I don't see it ever going back and only getting worse with the ads and subscriptions and other things. I've used windows since 3.1 and it's a bit sad to see it like this.

>windows 7 is an outdated PoS in 2020
>Not using Windows Embedded POSReady 7 in 2020 anyway and continue to receive updates till august 2021

Upgrade to POSReady 7

>I don't see it ever going back and only getting worse
Yep, the Windows-as-a-service genie is out of the bottle and it's never going back in.

Windows 7 is supported until January 2025.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

it is
i would use w7 if my graphics driver were available

what

yes. I upgraded to ltsc from win 10 bloatedition and its fucking amazing and smooth, felt like I upgraded my hardware.

no
>We are months away from W7 death
no
>I can't even upgrade my processor while on W7 anyways
brainlet
>there is ANY reason to don't switch there
it just lags and shits itself and spends more resources on spying than actually doing what you want
>And no you retarded pieces of shit
install gentoo

I understand time is money, but wouldn't you call that an investment?

A real life ram hoarder

Now imagine how much better win7 feels compared to 10.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1311x352, 68K)

based slut-impersonator

Attached: never.png (836x438, 45K)

nah

Attached: 1527247967118.png (1024x1159, 320K)

What will gamers do when 7 isn't supported anymore?

And don't say "just switch to 10" because even some neckbeard man children have the self respect not to let an OS abuse them

Attached: 1482563815739.gif (485x274, 247K)

dont recommend doing this, my win7 is falling apart after having it on this setting for about 2-3 years

If your time was really worth money you wouldn't arbitrarily redo a system no valid reason.

t.technically incompetent

Why would it fall apart if nothing changes?

Get Windows AIK so you can build up your own version of Win7 with only what you want in it and nothing else. Windows ADK is for more recent versions of Windows.

Do you think something is going to happen just because you said no to Windows 10? Just keep using Windows 7.

No, it's pretty terrible

Keep using Win7 until Chrome/Firefox drop support for it.

>128GB

Attached: big_boi.png (2390x1796, 2.15M)

>What will gamers do when 7 isn't supported anymore?
Keep using it.

>Piece Of Shit ready

toplel

I haven't updated Windows 7 since SP1. I am pretty sure updating it is just a meme.

literally this but I'm coming from 7, W10 performance shits on 7 even when I dislike the looks

Where can I get a clean W7 iso?

Download it from Microsoft. They have all of the versions on their website for free download.

No.
>I can't even upgrade my processor while on W7 anyways.
Not true, you can install win7 on ryzen chips and 9th gen intel.

Serious? Why?

where can you even find that

You just need a lot of time to tweak after the fresh install like uninstall all the candy crush bloat things, but after that windows 10 (any version than home which doesn't have group policy) is just fine.

The windows defender from 10 is also much improved, on par with the other free antiviruses.

Are you married? Tired of russian boring life? Want free EU citizenship ? MARRY ME ! I am very handsome muscular hungarian gigachad looking some qt tech slav girl to marry.

This isnt gonna happen no matter how much they say its the end. XPs end was delayed for years and Win 7 is way more popular. Theyre gonna keep this up till 2026.

There is a paid extended support program planned for Win7 that should last until 2023.
Someone will make those updates available from an unofficial source.

Alternatively, you can just use Win8.1, which is a perfectly fine OS that will also be supported until 2023.

Install Ubuntu you fucking brainlet

No, user, XP mainstream support was delayed for six months, and even then that was only for versions of XP that came with that trackpad software preinstalled (netbooks). Nothing else was delayed at all.

I use windows 7 on a main PC for 1 reason only. Gaming.
Everything else, even laptops I have Linux installed with VirtualBox running windows XP/7 if needed. Windows 8.1 was a joke, and 10 had a ton of more problems, some fixed and some of which they are just addressing lately. I am buying less and less higher requirements needed games and more of a reasonable graphics type even though my GPU and CPU can handle the newest games that came out just fine. Once 7 is most likely not supported for new titles and if the next version of windows is just as shitty I'll most likely outright phase out my windows box.

Attached: virtualbox-6.0.0.png (771x526, 24K)

Have you tried Wine or Proton?

>Windows 8.1 was a joke
Full-screen Start menu is the only "questionable" change in 8.1. Everything else is either identical to Win7 or changed for the better (Explorer and Task Manager are similar to Win10).

8 was the first OS to wreck the Windows interface, 7 was the last good one.

And that's a pretty damning thing because 8 does nothing that 7 can't do.

If you actually had a brain or a job you'd know that no more security updates are a "valid reason".

>bsods weren't a joke
>mouse bugs weren't a joke
>shit performance wasn't a joke
>100% disk usage wasn't a joke
>locked settings weren't a joke
>duplicate settings weren't a joke
>removing aero wasn't a joke
>no fucking way to disable forced vsync wasn't a joke
Did you even use the abortion they called windows 8/8.1?

10 isn't that bad, but fuck all that telemetry and services that hog system resources while not doing anything helpful
>t. Windows 10 Pro Education N

>the first OS to wreck the Windows interface
Define "wreck". 8.1 looks better than 7/Vista with all the stupid Aero gimmicks.

And Windows UI is changing constantly, so it's definitely not "the first":
3.x > 95
2K > XP
XP > Vista/7
7 > 8
8 > 10

Win8 looks worse than Win7 and functions much worse.

All other desktop environments had at least one valid reason to exist, even Vista introduced proper dual monitor support.

I see. You have not been around for XP and 98SE. Always the same words.

Proton no, wine in not some time but it did work for a lot of older games a few years back. Planning to look into it again with my new Linux main build that will have a 1030 2gb gddr5 gpu. Nothing fancy but it was far cheaper and fit a SFF low profile slot with no added power adapter needed. I know it is not a serious card but it is a good indication of what my 1080 8gb will work with and handle effectively.

I see you're underage and weren't around in those days. XP before SP1 wasn't better than Win98 (and by that point both were worse than 2000), so that criticism was valid, and nobody cried about Windows 98's introduction at all.

I'd use XP64 if it had enough driver support. Shame it came out right before Vista. That version of Windows booted and ran better than any iteration I've ever used. Mechanical drive as boot was almost as fast as an SSD when you ran it barebones fresh install no bloat. Windows bloat anyways.

You need to go deeper. All worthwhile software works perfectly fine on MS-DOS.

>bsods
I've been using 8.1 on 2 PCs since release, and only had 1 BSOD due to a faulty GPU driver.
8.0 was a bit more rough, but 8.1 is actually very stable.

>shit performance
>100% disk usage
>locked settings
What are you even talking about?

>duplicate settings
Unlike in Win10, second settings app in 8.1 serves no purpose and can be ignored. All settings are in the same places as they were in Win7.

>removing aero
Aero is garbage. But if you're 12 you may like it, I guess.

>forced vsync
This is the only valid point in this list. But it has never bothered me personally (I pretty much always run games in full-screen mode), so I can't comment on it much further.

Most people who hate 8.1 have barely used it themselves.

if you use windows 10, and believe that win7 will magically stop working once support ends, then you dont belong here

fuck off

If you don't want support, may as well install GNU/Linux.

I had it on a home theatre setup for two years, it's awful.

You project super hard.

I was on Windows 7 until last November when Microsoft Visual 2 broke and I couldn't fix it without an OS reinstall for the 3rd time that year. Depozzed LTSC has been mostly painless except the fucking search refuses to give me old windows control panel that I've used since 95 whenever I need something and tries to direct me to the completely fucked Windows 10 settings ui which never works and requires going back to the old control panel to get anything working.

Attached: 1538701172022.png (650x242, 79K)

So, what exactly was "awful" about it when compared to 7? Especially on HTPC.

>Everything else is either identical to Win7

You are ignorant or delusional.

Bloat, less responsive, inability to find key features like the control panel without adding it in yourself, is not designed with a mouse in mind in the slightest, adds not one thing.

It was on an HTPC because installing something else was more hassle than setting up the start menu, as the HTPC only did two things.

Are you going to provide actual arguments?

It does not matter, how wonderfully old OS works for you, when new programs and drivers don't support it. Windows 7 was Service Pack for Vista, so it is strange to say, that it was perfect from the start.

Not at all. I don't want you to use anything else and I don't want to spoonfeed anything positive to you by accident. Stew in your 8.1 soup.

>And no you retarded pieces of shit, I'm not going to install gentoo or any FOSS crap that can't run my software because my time actually worth >money
Then have fun with your no-longer-supported OS winfag.
Any Linux is better, so based.
Moron beta detected.
It's outdated shit now.
Steve Balmer will come to your house and force you to upgrade.
Die tripfag.
Or better yet, Debian.
Contrarian gaymer fag detected.
Bring back OS/Warp.

>Bloat
Metro apps can be removed with 2 clicks, and none of them run in the background if you don't touch them.

>inability to find key features like the control panel
Right click on the Start button.

>not designed with a mouse in mind in the slightest
The only part of the Metro UI you're interacting with is the full-screen Start menu, and it's also perfectly usable with a mouse. Everything else is no different from Win7.

>adds not one thing
Lots of new features in Explorer in Task manager. You can't even pause file transfers on Win7.

Attached: uyRpW.png (285x445, 13K)

all you do is install win7 fresh, and manually install service pack 1 and an update pack manually

It's still more bloated than previous versions of windows.

Right clicking on the start button is functionally worse than left clicking on all other Windows start buttons, including Win10's.

The UI is shit, deal with it.

>install win7 fresh, and manually install service pack 1
You can just use an ISO that already includes SP1. I'm not even sure that you can find pre-SP1 ISO these days.

just make the jump to windows 10

you can change the look of it so that it's almost identical to windows 7 visually

>Right clicking on the start button is functionally worse
Why? It's the same number of clicks anyway.
This context menu is full of useful and relevant options, and Win7 doesn't have it.
And nothing is stopping you from pinning Control panel shortcut to the Start menu, thus making the process of opening it identical to Win7.

>nostalgia
That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Windows 7 doesn't have it because all of that functionality is in the actual menu you find by left clicking on start.

Why do I have to do something Windows is supposed to do by itself? There are other services you need besides Control Panel.

>Windows 7 was Service Pack for Vista, so it is strange to say, that it was perfect from the start.

FUCKING THIS

People can say what they want about Apple but their anti-Vista marketing worked on a good amount of people. There was virtually no difference between the two but people ate the lies up because brick and mortar stores upgraded a lot of OEM machines that couldnt run it giving people the impression that it was a bloated OS. Vista SP1 with some precaching disabled performed identical to 7. The only thing 7 improved on was touch screen features.

Windows 7 performed better than Vista starting around six months after release, primarily because of driver optimizations (the drivers before that were literally just Vista drivers running on 7).

And no, nothing made Vista run well on less than 2 GB of RAM, 7 could handle 1 GB. RAM usage doubling with 64 bit versions of both.

>all of that functionality is in the actual menu
No, it's not. Only half of it is in the 7 menu.

And don't you think that 8.1 may actually be pretty similar to 7 if the main differences we're focusing on are the default shortcuts in the menu?

All of those features are available in the Win7 start menu, user.

There's also lots of extra stuff, like if you right click on Computer, you can instantly access several administrator tools. Two clicks to get to the tool that lets you modify partitions. Win8 can't do that no matter what you do.

>All of those features are available in the Win7 start menu
Not with a single click.

>get to the tool that lets you modify partitions. Win8 can't do that no matter what you do.
Take a closer look at As I said: most people who hate 8.1 have barely used it themselves.

>And no, nothing made Vista run well on less than 2 GB of RAM, 7 could handle 1 GB. RAM usage doubling with 64 bit versions of both.

Vista can too. Ive ran it on my main machine at launch and can tell you that Ive done it with 1GB. Only difference is you dont have to disable anything out of the box in Win 7.

The earliest Windows Jow Forumsuide infographs had ways to tweak Vista like this. If I could find an archive Id show you even.

user, I used both upon release and no, Vista did not run well without RAM, despite what you disabled. It would consistently use twice the RAM 7 did, even with caching, sidebar, HDD indexing, etc disabled.

>We are months away from W7 death and I can't even upgrade my processor while on W7 anyways.
>this is what brainlets actually believe

I've got a really old win7 ultimate iso

>Technically, you have to pay for Windows too.

LOL I havent paid for any windows. only an idiot pays for this shit

Being a wares pup isn't something to be proud of, a winfag is still a winfag reguardless of if they paid or not.

Doesn't 8/8.1 have a glitch where it can't use more than 4GB of VRAM on DX9 games? It wasn't in 7 and was fixed in 10 or something.

>free
still needs a product key

>still needs a product key

Attached: 1541894492846.jpg (498x444, 58K)

Attached: duh.png (352x264, 134K)