I have had arch linux for 2 days using only a window manager and i feel like i have gained 20 iq points from this

I have had arch linux for 2 days using only a window manager and i feel like i have gained 20 iq points from this

Attached: serveimage(3).png (1366x768, 828K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvjSNoGL1-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wrote my own firewall killswitch script with on and off config for vpn, i fixed a vpn dns leak, got the video and sound driver working, installed lots of stuff, and got games to work

i3

workspace_layout tabbed
hide_edge_borders smart

is all you need

Welcome buddy.
Now that you have seen the light join us on our quest to shill this god of a distro

Yeah im using i3
I almost came when i got it working

. . .

it's working ootb

Ill use bspwm when i get settled in

Attached: A337DC0B-EA9F-4824-B234-D359E0E2E510.png (650x4377, 871K)

cope

Just finished my setup i guess ill go for bspwm now

How can your distro be God when it randomly bricks itself from incompatible updates?

I started with ubuntu, then linux mint for a year and a half, and i used i3 textbased window manager for a few days nkw before i moved to arch. Its not for beginners

Takes me back.

An OS that can brick itself from "bleeding edge" updates is asinine. It's nothing about being a beginner.

nice meme

After years of gentoo and trying arch once, these days I just install Debian when I want to rice and Ubuntu otherwise. I don't have the time to fiddle with installing CUDA on anything that is not Debian or Ubuntu. When shit breaks and I need to know what the fuck I'm up against, I don't want to be 1 of the only 2 people using the software in Arch. As a bonus, I like my distro not breaking when one file gets updated, though I presume that's the old arch.

I must be some kind of genius

Attached: anon.png (1920x1080, 416K)

>"I don't want to spend time doing x" is the same as "x is impossible" or "YOU shouldn't spend time doing x."
Yeah, I must be.

I have been using arch for 3 years and not once has this happened

wheres the time spending part lmao
yay -Sy cuda
add libs and bins to path (regardless of OS)
???
write high performance code

Yeah, you must be doing some serious HPC on your GTX 950M. Typical Arch faggot.

fuck off
use xubuntu

Honestly I really genuinely tried to get into Linux but every time something goes wrong,

whether it's the realization that AMD has long abandoned linux driver support for my shitty r7 240 or downloading Fedora only to be so confused as to why i can't install Ubuntu apps(They're all linux right?)

Now that I actually have a not terrible computer and I think I understand why i couldn't apt get that app...

I can't actually come up with a real reason to install linux other than "XFCE looks kind of cool I guess"

>can't install cuda, spread memes that its hard to do
kek you're the faggot
frankly it shows you yourself don't write HPC because if you did, you would know you dont hog the gpu farm for writing and debugging the code.
i can't imagine you braining fences and bank conflicts and so on while you have difficuly literally running 2 commands, one for install one for paths.

Heres my favority TD video

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvjSNoGL1-g

You sound asshurt that your computing tasks are so simple they can be done on your measly mobile budget GPU.

>Ctrl + F 'xubuntu'
>results

fucking kek

Not an argument

you sound asshurt you can't install cuda

nah, you only gained 20 faggot points

Attached: c61.png (800x750, 106K)

Yeah 120-140

You Arch fags have a room temperature IQ. It's not an accomplishment to install CUDA. The fact you're insinuating that demonstrates how much the Dunning Kruger effect is in full effect. Ironically, I use ROCm with a Radeon VII and retrofit libraries as needed.

Cuda?
pacman -S nvidia gives a newer driver

>You Arch fags have room temperature IQ
read the thread retard, WE are the ones saying its easy, your buddy over there is claiming otherwise
dunning kruger applies even to those aware of it nigger

More like 20 dk points

Attached: 1555002158322.jpg (240x320, 29K)

Donkey kong?

THATS A FUCKING -50 DKP FOR YOU

cuda doesnt comes included with the linux drivers you illiterate

Installing CUDA on Arch was never the point of contention. It's why bother having a workstation founded on OS that has a high risk of something breaking and taking away time being productive.

and the answer was, that it doesn't. its a stupid meme perpetuated by people who either messed with something they shouldn't have and the occasional rare unlucky bloke.
2 simple rules should cover the first one:
no partial upgrades (-Syu rather than -S or -Sy)
+
aur is your responsibility, be an adult
these 2 kill the memes. try it.

I get better performance, stability and still get rolling release on Clear Linux.

I have 0 aur packages

yes

Attached: dk.jpg (210x240, 12K)

fair enough
good for you

MORE
DOTS

>hurrd urr it's for begginers
see:
a distro that shits itself for no reason is nothing a real advanced linux user would like, fuck off

It's ok to use the AUR if you are willing to invest a little effort into looking at whatever builds you install first. You can also save yourself a lot of frustration by looking at the user comments for a particular package, on the AUR's webpage. Most of the time, you'll quickly see if a package has been half-assed, and often times, the fix is contained there, too.

this, all they use is a wm. They never test anything else.
Sometimes they won't even test xorg.
Joke of a distro when Fedora, RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu exist

this

lmao, that guy sure is dedicated

It really doesn't break any more than any other distro. I don't understand why you'd persist with this nonsense, we all like to use our computers as much as anyone else. The installation might not be to everyone's liking, but once it's installed it just works. It's the same packages you'd use in any other distro.

loser

Have sex.

Attached: small pinus arch logo.png (383x321, 25K)

Jow Forums is scared of a command promt

how can someone say this while the official archlinux stance is to read the website before updating lol

28 days left before the urge to transition