Does this still qualify as a distribution of the GNU operating system?

Does this still qualify as a distribution of the GNU operating system?

Attached: 1537822567312.png (665x162, 20K)

Yes, because despite not having any actual GNU software on it, it's still a direct offspring of the GNU project.
The amount of code on it is irrelevant.

i dont think the linux kernel can be compiled w/o gnu compiler collection

You GNUtards are worse than the niggers who claim they built the pyramids

True. Even Clang struggles to do it.

Niggers did build the pyramids tho.

A compiler is not an OS.
Alpine uses a kernel (linux) that can only be compiled by a GNU tool, but alpine itself ships without GNU.
Alpine Linux is a not a GNU OS distribution as it doesn't distributes any GNU tool on its base install.

The amount of GNU tools present is irrelevant.
What many people ignore is that the GNU coreutils were developed just as a means to the larger goal of creating a complete, usable operating system. They never had a problem with using already existing components as long as they were compatible, and this doesn't apply to Linux only.
Alpine still indirectly stems from the GNU project, whether it ships GNU code with it or not.

Were you there? How do you know these niggers weren't?

GNU core utils are not shipped with alpine.
And gnu core utils was mainly copied from UNIX .

>ships without GNU.
GNU doesn't mean "software written under the GNU project", you stupid fucking kid.

no you retard

>And gnu core utils was mainly copied from UNIX
No, the point of the GNU project was to re-written the proprietary Unix tools as free software. So the meaning of GNU's Not Unix, the recursive acronym for which GNU stands, refers to an entirely legal matter. GNU is a clone of Unix by design, but legally GNU's not Unix.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Alpine Linux, is in fact, Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Linux minus GNU.

>GNUis a Unix-like operating system. That means it is a collection of many programs: applications, libraries, developer tools, even games. Many of the programs in GNU are released under the auspices of the GNU Project; those we callGNU packages.
alpine doesn't include programs from the collection of GNU. therefore, it's not a GNU operating system by the definition.

Your conclusion does not logically follow. Nice try, pajeet.

The entire point of making GNU similar to Unix from a functional point of view was simply to make it easier for people to switch to it, since Unix was a popular OS at the time. It was _never_ for technical reasons. Stallman himself never even used Unix before starting to work on GNU.
But being Unix-like in itself was never a goal, seemingly unlike the BSDs. It was just a means facilitate the spread of GNU, and thus free software in general.
That's why criticizing GNU for not being "Unix-like" is meaningless. GNU's Not Unix. And neither is Linux.

You are wrong on so many levels.

So what's the deal with Alpine? Is its whole schtick just that it doesn't use GNU or does it have other interesting features that are enhanced by the lack of GNU?

What do you think GNU is?

Made to be small I guess. Easy to fit on small devices or as a foundation in containers.

The latter implies little to no trannies. A win by all means.

learn to read, maybe that would help to follow.

It's so easy to look smart and hip when you just dismiss something without elaborating.

GNU is a lot more hostile to trannies than Linux is.

Its no more gnu than android.

gnu is not unix.
so everything that isn't unix is gnu.

are you unix or gnu?

I'm gnu/unix

It's basically a GNU emulator.

dead and buried, nothing yo see here, move along

Attached: 1557254933075.png (720x1106, 239K)

Here my personal thoughts.
a) Clearly not. It's not the GNU system.
b) However, it's clearly not Linux either, since Linux is just a kernel.
c) However, I'd be fine with any name people would want to call this system, even with "Linux System"; while Linux remains just the kernel, it's the most important part of the system and in this situation not combined with another system, just individual programs.

> MUH PC
How to spot a manchild. Was he triggered by someone telling him not to call everyone who disagrees with him "niggers"?

No, but it qualifies as a great OS.

We Wuz GNU n sheit.

Who are you quoting?