Virtual Machines

Virtual Machines are technology. Lets talk about them.

Attached: virtual machine.png (650x300, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

copy.sh/v86/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

java is a virtual machine.

based
I'm curios, is there an OS that works in JVM? Not necessarly in Java, but that runs on JVM like an actual computer

Do virtual machines need alot of ram or power to run, or can they be used on a potato pc?

Depends on what runs inside.
You don't need much to run DOS, Windows 95 of DSL Linux.
Lighter setups like console/light X only BSD/Linux can survive on 1 core and shit like 128MB RAM.

Of course if you want to AA game from a windows 10 VM with PCI-E pass-through you'll need similar resources dedicated to the VM as it was a real gaymen PC (4-8 cores, 8GM RAM, 100+GB disk space etc),

I use them for my work :3

I just want to use them to become more familar with different OS
what operating system do you run?

i use Debian SystemD/Linux Buster for most things, and a windows 10 1709 VM for whenever i feel like playing a game.

copy.sh/v86/

Windows 7. Inside VMs Windows Server, from 2008 through to 2019 and Debian.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

>windows 10
absolutely disgusting
>170*
enjoy you data corruption, retard
For how stupid you seem, I would not be surprised if this is what you actually run as your host OS, faggot.

windows 7 has no IVSHMEM support.
no other build of windows 10 works in qemu, they all IRQL_NOT_EQUAL or whatever the error is.

Anyone here have any experience with qemu/kvm? I consistently get DPC latency spikes every second every time I move my mouse or use my keyboard in a Windows 10 VM. I have PCI passthrough enabled for a USB controller card and a GPU, my CPU is an FX-8350 and I have CPU pinning enabled as well as isolcpus, nohz_full and rcu_nocbs enabled on the pinned cores as well as hugepages. I also tried setting the qemu instance to FIFO scheduling with max priority via chrt. Nothing works.

I can't think of anything else to do and I'm too autistic to post outside of an imageboard pls help

What's your job?

I like VMware Workstation but I'm too poor to buy it. Also I don't think the latest version would run on my CPU.

So I use Virtualbox or playing with servers and fucking around with Windows 2000, XP and ReactOS.

8 gigs and you will be OK

Attached: vm.png (1920x1080, 780K)

I remember playing with this long time ago.
Thank you user

fuck off retard
literally brainlet

Attached: f98.jpg (500x356, 82K)

Isn't that what Android does?

>Virtual Machines
Emulators

These millenials, using two words when one will do.

I am a virtualization engi who provisions Citrix vm's

VB or VMware?

>Of course if you want to AA game from a windows 10 VM with PCI-E pass-through you'll need similar resources dedicated to the VM as it was a real gaymen PC (4-8 cores, 8GM RAM, 100+GB disk space etc),
What VM software is best for this on linux? Or do all the main ones have similar performance?

bitch

BASED

hey julia how does your ganoo lanoxx desktop look like

>I consistently get DPC latency spikes
same problem here, never found a solution
everything else looked fine, FPS was close to bare metal, but fucking stutter(audio/video) every 10-30 seconds

Hyper-V?

>no other build of windows 10 works in qemu, they all IRQL_NOT_EQUAL or whatever the error is.
Just werks on my machine

Not really. Android is a system built around the linux kernel. The Android Runtime is simply a JVM implementation installed much like the JVM on a PC

What is the point in using a VM unless you're coding for another platform

theyre nice sometimes

Try 1000hz kernel. Assuming everything else is done right, it's more likely is that VM is not aware of L1, L2 and L3 cache of the host machine. Correctly reporting that solved my VM stutters. You can check with Coreinfo utility in Windows.

t. PCIE passthrough autist.

qemu-kvm

Versions above work, but require an extra parameter in /etc/module.d/kvm.conf.
`options kvm ignore_msrs=1`
Dump that in there and you'll be able to boot up.