I'm trying to fix my mom's computer and would like to get some help

I'm trying to fix my mom's computer and would like to get some help.
The hdmi port hasn't been working for years and I don't remember when or how it happened. I opened up the computer, cleaned it and checked that the graphics card is connected well, It's hd radeon 5750. Pic related is what I get when I connect it through hdmi and I get no picture when the computer loads up.
What are my options?

Attached: 20190507_181708.jpg (4032x2268, 3.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2562/~/if-i-am-using-a-dvi-to-hdmi-cable-will-audio-be-transmitted-over-this-cable-to
ebay.com/itm/ZoTac-NVIDIA-Geforce-GTX-980-Founders-Edition-4GB-GDDR5/143240571032?hash=item2159cda898:g:kXcAAOSww4Jcz1TH
amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-100284L/dp/B002RWJH4O
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's dead and unfixable.
You could try baking it but it's likely dead.

>Windows 10
Found the problem, OP

The GPU is broken
Just get a cheap replacement or use onboard

I thought about baking it but it had a lot of plastic parts

Try a new graphic card if you can

It has this problem from before windows 10 even came out

nigga that gpu is ancient. Anyway what mobo/cpu you have?

Or try onboard graphic if you have

What is the cheapest option? All I need is a hdmi port

E6500, I don't know about the motherboard

I have onboard vga but it doesn't work.
The dvi port on the graphics card does work, it's really werid. I think a thunderstorm fucked it up about 6 years ago

find a used geforce 210 with the ports you need.

Graphics card is friiiied, replace it

>What is the cheapest option
use DVI since it works. You can use dvi2hdmi cable if you want to connect to tv (GPU will recognize it as HDMI and audio should work too).

It's the exit of the matrix. Dude take the redpill and jump into it

Audio through dvi? Are you fucking with me?

Is that a Sony TV? If it is, you may need to send full RGB through HDMI or you'll get a green screen... Or your gfx card is damaged.

>What are my options?
Try to boot an external OS through USB.
Slitaz or Xubuntu.

Why would I? It's just a digital port, it doesn't matter which one you use on the GPU, what matters is the connected device. If it's a TV via HDMI port, even if it's connected to DVI port GPU will still recognize it as HDMI device. At least it works like that with my geforce. Don't know about radeons, but should be the same, radeons are usually more advanced and support more recent standards.
nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2562/~/if-i-am-using-a-dvi-to-hdmi-cable-will-audio-be-transmitted-over-this-cable-to

try reducing the refresh rate

Post pictures of ur mom. If she's hot I'll help u out

Likely the connection to the HDMI is shot on the board. If you had the skillset you could attempt to resolder it but I'd recommend just buying a used one off ebay. ebay.com/itm/ZoTac-NVIDIA-Geforce-GTX-980-Founders-Edition-4GB-GDDR5/143240571032?hash=item2159cda898:g:kXcAAOSww4Jcz1TH as an example is cheap as hell and a sufficient jump over what you have. People here will cry about "MUH USED FOR BITCOIN MINING" but really this is computer sounds like its just used for light office work so its not really required to get the full capability out of it. There are certainly better cards on Ebay for power/wattage but thats on you to find.

ur supposed to bake the motherboard not the whole computer, you silly goose

dvi does not have enough pins for sound though

It's a panasonic and I tried on another tv and it didn't work

can't do that without seeing anything. I can't get the bios to post through hdmi

same answer^

she hot

you linked to an auction that ends in 5 days :/

The graphics card has plastic parts

Where do I buy a new hdmi connector?

Audio DVI does work. Try it

Here, sperg

amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-100284L/dp/B002RWJH4O

It's not like there are dedicated pins for video and audio in digital interfaces, only bandwidth matters. It won't work with analogue DVI but it should work with DVI-D (which is the only possible mode for DVI-HDMI connection anyway).

I do think that I have an analogue dvi. How do I check? It works with dvi to vga so I think that's a bad sign

After some reading I think that I'm going to buy a displayport to hdmi adapter. Do I need an active or passive adapter?