Is digital video the greatest invention ever?

Is digital video the greatest invention ever?

Attached: 0L7Hz0slTgkIhXEtg.png (640x379, 157K)

have you heard of sliced bread?

Attached: bread.jpg (1200x800, 185K)

It allowed us to watch masterpieces made by Tarkovsky, so yes.

no, the diesel engine is

Why did you pick that image?

i unironically love that film.
it is one of mankind's greatest achievements.

>he doesn't slice his own bread

Attached: 1556141622960.jpg (500x371, 31K)

Actually it's the worst. Film will always be superior

>she doesnt use the bread slicer machine

Attached: 1554744857977.jpg (300x250, 12K)

Which is pretty shit compared to flatbread.

Fuck no. It actually took the magic of photo capturing.

Film is an organic material and you don't know what the fuck you shot, so you spend a lot of time on the composition and understanding exposure before you hit that shutter button because you don't want to waste a film/roll.

In the hands of true professionals (see attached pic) it was like voodoo to them. They kinda knew what they were shooting in their head from an artistic and technical point of view, but then were surprised after the film was developed.

With digital, it's WYSIWYG. On set, they use LUTs to emulate a film stock on their monitors to see exactly what they're shooting. That "magic" of cinema is gone. Digital is not as forgiving as film is.

t. gen x boomer cynic

Attached: bladeRunner_283a.jpg.optimal.jpg (1934x1088, 116K)

Some other Blade Runner (1982) shots.

Show me a movie that looks like this today shot on digital.

You can't.

Blade Runner 2049 has a great DP (Roger Deakins) but even they couldn't capture the magic from the first one.

Attached: Blade-Runner-116.jpg (1918x794, 187K)

>eating grain

You really shouldn't.

Attached: h.jpg (274x450, 16K)

Whats wrong with analogue video? That's where the real cinematic experience comes to life

Attached: Swanage_Punch_&_Judy.jpg (2349x2102, 1.03M)

>he doesen't have a bitch to do it for him

no, that would be air conditioning

>2019
>female companionship

>based

Wow, I unironically never thought about how directors back then didn't have monitors to see what the fuck they were shooting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts xboomer. No doubt just one of many reasons why modem film/art is so soulless.

t. wrote

no because unlike digital video diesel engines are already becoming obsolete and will soon fade from existence in most mass use cases

No, it is mere entertainment. The hundreds of thousands of other inventions that actually allow you the lifetime to enjoy idle entertainment in quantity are better inventions.

I guess you are not living with mother than?

I only clicked this thread because it looked like ass in the thumbnail. Fuck you OP you faggot.

dumb nigger

What should I eat then?

Actual food.

Like Onions, right?

Meme Diet 2019™

Paleo, pasteurized milk is ruining your organs

>me click button, me artist
>technology bad
lmao

Refrigeration, air conditioning...

>Its bad when I can do something in seconds using a computer because the same thing can be done through a laborious process which doesn't even gurantee good results
Fuck off nostalgia fag

Yes and No.
It's convenient, It doesn't have the same vulnerabilities and physical film and it image sensor improvements mean that you can now capture footage without a tonne of light.
However film still has it beat for dynamic range. Digital is the land of blown highlights. As for IQ, that pretty much depends entirely on the quality of stock/lens you shoot on and how you transfer it.

Digital Cameras as a whole are still shit though, Video is the best use of these image sensors.

>Wow, I unironically never thought about how directors back then didn't have monitors to see what the fuck they were shooting.
You can attach a lens to a prism and see how the shot is framed, you have an idea of how the lighting will be and the rest is up to whatever film you're using and how it's processed/graded.

It's not like it was a blind process, but there wasn't a quick way to review shots.

>eating bread
this is why you're fat

I'm closer to underweight than overweight. Up until recently I was underweight

Attached: IMG_20190507_031649.jpg (1024x997, 97K)

In other words

Explain to me how the dutch manage to eat bread for breakfast and lunch pretty much every day then.

Attached: lolmemediet.gif (1000x654, 18K)

They probably have reasonable portions, that's how

>how do these lanklets that ride bikes to work every day and have no corner stores not get fat

Why has no one said printing press yet?