Microsoft will be shipping a Linux kernel with Windows

EMBRACE
EXTEND
EXTINGUISH
devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/announcing-wsl-2/

Attached: runwsl.gif (1120x958, 1.72M)

>Microsoft will be shipping a Linux kernel with Windows
isn't this old news, didn't they already have that? I remember using it, but it was separated from the Microsoft environment.

how long until windows completely drops its own kernel

Bitch ass identifying as a wolf. Look at that picture. Head on, like a human wolf just standing there.
I bet I could beat him up in real life. He's no wolf. He is a coward. Moonchild should show his real face. 23,000 fucking posts, le big tough wolfman. Real wolves are out in the wild. Not pissing around on a computer. They don't need to prove how tough they are to by standing up straight and looking into a camera.

I'm going to be sending him an email these coming days and asking him to politely change the image and voice my concerns over how effeminate, pathetic, and unwolflike it makes him. Moreover, and to the thesis, I shall challenge him to a duel with swords if I can transport them. If he has any wolf blood in it, he will accept. Dueling is legal in many jurisdictions still and a simple airplane trip for both of us is all it will take to rectify this whole ordeal.

I don't have any beef with him, or his policies, or his browser. What I dislike is the amount of time he has wasted on that website and this little "project" of his, the identification as a wolf, and his power-tripping attitude here. The quarrel or dispute in question is of no consequence to me. His politics are of no consequence to me. His anthropomorphization of a wolf is. Even if that was a real wolf in the drawing, it is a weak wolf that was raised in doors. Real wolves have a sheen about them,

I will await the reply of the wolf. If he does not reply to me or denies combat, let it be written and known, in the year of our lord twenty-nineteen, that Wolfman is a COWARD WITH NO HONOR IN HIS HEART and he will be cursed with demylinating disease the rest of his days. God bless everyone here. Amen.

Now there really is no reason to use a linux distro anymore
kek

>a Linux kernel
>a

Why is it so slow to open?

it's just a paravirtualized VM at that point

> DESKTOP-2FA6G40
Desktop to faggão

how is that slow?

Microsoft lost their source code long ago. Every iteration of Windows past Windows 7 is someone manually hacking .dlls and calling it a new version.

If there's even a perceptible delay when opening a shell it's fucking garbage.

it's the vfs i think, anything that touches a file crawls

WSL is and always will be awkward as fuck. It's a neat tool to have for certain situations, but running one environment on top of another with janky integration between the two is always going to be uncomfortable. Either run a Linux host with Windows in a VM, or vice versa.

WSL doesn’t run until you open it
You’re basically starting a full distro (albeit in CLI mode) when you open the shell, I think you can forgive a little delay

None of you muppets read the article, they are don't it to make wsl faster, the very thing you are bitching about. It's still going to go through another years long buggy phase after this though.

Did you have a stroke?

>Microsoft lost their source code long ago.
any sauce?

[citation needed]

YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP HOLY SHIT FINALLY
YEAR OF LINUX GAMING
WINDOWS IS THE MOST POPULAR LINUX DISTRO

It's their fork of Linux, so yes, a Linux kernel.

Phoneposters.

Nope. WSL 1 was a translation layer that translated system calls to their NT alternatives.
WSL 2 gives up on that approach and just runs a real LoonX kernel.

I mean if it gets some games on linux I'm all for it. If you don't think this is a victory you are retarded.
The Linux kernel was too big for EEE 20 years ago

With WSL 2 it’s going to be a native Linux kernel and should be as fast as Linux on a bare metal virtual machine
This is assuming they are using something like hyper v

Nah, this feature won't fall into the hands of the normie.
Microsoft creates WSL solely to make Windows 10 a better development platform.
If this works as advertised, I don't see any reason to install a distro again and macOS's only purpose is iOS development.

>still can't compile your own kernel
Jow Forumsentooman win again. fuck off to reddit pajeets

Attached: c0c.jpg (634x650, 45K)

bruh
some russki from siberia was leaking Windows XP source code

>past Windows 7
>XP source code

Microsoft realizes the nt internals is so shit they are just gonna eventually replace it with their own proprietary linux kernel.

Attached: 1556986346059.jpg (634x309, 25K)

That thread was a bait, retard

Microsoft advertising how fast linux boots is kind of absurd in my opinion.

Attached: karuh.jpg (746x514, 73K)

They are advertising how fast they can boot Linux tho