Google I/O Megathread pt.3

>What?
Developer conference hosted by Google. Keynotes are livestreamed.
>When?
Right now.
>Where?
events.google.com/io/live/
youtube.com/watch?v=lyRPyRKHO8M

>What you missed
- Pixel 3A
- Improved voice recognition models, live transcribing
- Google home products rebranded under "Nest", new Google (Nest) Home Max

Attached: file.png (1200x600, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fastcompany.com/90132364/nest-founder-i-wake-up-in-cold-sweats-thinking-what-did-we-bring-to-the-world
cnet.com/news/google-nest-spin-off-was-blunder-says-ex-ceo-tony-fadell/
theverge.com/2018/2/8/16993058/nest-matt-rogers-co-founder-leaving-google-smart-home-chief-product-officer
engadget.com/2019/05/07/google-pixel-3a-xl-review-cheap-great-camera/
1843magazine.com/features/deepmind-and-google-the-battle-to-control-artificial-intelligence
youtube.com/watch?v=YL-8Xfx6S5o
events.google.com/io/live/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck pajeets

fpbp

my google home keeps telling me i only have 6 months to live. should i be worried?

smug iChad reporting in

Name my band Jow Forums

Attached: Lesmiserablesogros.png (978x337, 676K)

JUST LET ME CHANGE THE FUCKING WAKE WORD

GOOGLE NOES DA WAY

Attached: 1515024251876.jpg (552x310, 40K)

> they just showed a computer detect cancer that doctor's couldn't

Happens all the time. Has been occurring for well over a decade. It's called computer vision. Google simply has a new approach that is "sometimes" more accurate. Mostly hype. Retina disease is auto detected by hw/sw at most ophthalmologist offices. They still take a peak to make sure they didn't miss anything

OH SHIT, AGI HERE WE GO

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Its over..

Attached: Over.png (994x528, 1.13M)

The smart thing would be ending with the fucking pixel

FUCK

Google nor any of the big name AI groups that normies are aware of will create AGI. A good pleb filter is to have someone name who they think will create AGI. If they mention facebook, google, or openai you can pretty much write them off.

emily a slut

A giant fucking snore fest from a tech company worth almost a trillion who hasn't done a single innovative thing in years...

The absolute state of tech. Time for true disruption...

Google now is literally 2006 microsoft

And we all are waiting for the iPhone.

Or iGlasses.
or whatever.

1 hour til dev keynote?

The Six Faggots

Agreed. Collapsing under their own weight.
The larger the company, the harder it is to innovate... The more the koolaid drinking, the less true creative ideas are given a chance.
Birth-> Life -> Death
Time to clear the way for a new google upstart that seeks to move the goalpost forward. Big tech corps have become fat/lazy and boring
> Muh smartphone and widgets

Seriously, what have they done innovative or exciting since what, fucking Android?

Android was an acquisition btw ... as was youtube. So, really nothing... Most of the crap they develop inhouse gets obsoleted or taken down after years of failure.. Nest.. another acquisition.. the founder left in a profanity laden tirade in a board meeting because google was fucking up their vision... LOL

google, amzn, facebook and msft are the only western corporations in the world with data and processing resources available to be able to pull off agi.

the age of the genius working out of his garage is dead.

china will get there first.

Their next flagship phone NEEDS a telephoto lens of at least 3x OPTICAL zoom

There is no economic incentive to create AGI. The last thing you need from a tool is for your tool to start philosophizing about its existence.

AGi isn't achieved by big data. It's achieved by the opposite. So, I indeed don't expect any of them to achieve it. They are headed in the wrong direction because its their business model to keep forwarding big data/cloud computing. See the conflict of interest?

> the age of the genius working out of his garage is dead.
False. It's cyclical and is dependent on hardware innovations. We are in a period of hardware innovation. This is when the garage developers produce new innovative software companies.
> china will get there first.
False. I don't see any researchers pursuing the problem correctly in China. China has an even bigger problem than the US in AI research : Their overarching motive is to control the populous and monitor it.. this steers their research which leads to huge shortfalls.

>Google home products rebranded under "Nest", new Google (Nest) Home Max

If they are replacing 'Google' with 'Nest', then it means their brand is nit liked by people.

Good.

There's an economic incentive for someone who doesn't already have a company worth a trillion dollars. Guess who will make it then and disrupt current tech? As is always the case.

> The last thing you need from a tool is for your tool to start philosophizing about its existence.
How many brainlets do this on a daily basis? what do you think you can do if you can uniquely craft a brain?

AGI is coming. Current tech companies won't create it.

What about Applel? They surely have the money

Waiting for an ASI to rule the world.
Person of Interest will happen, mark my words.

I think they're trying to protect the google brand from all of their fuckups

Tim Cook don't believe IA as something important

Apple sucks with anything ai related. Siri is the first and the worst language assistand

Nest's founder on Google :
> fastcompany.com/90132364/nest-founder-i-wake-up-in-cold-sweats-thinking-what-did-we-bring-to-the-world

> cnet.com/news/google-nest-spin-off-was-blunder-says-ex-ceo-tony-fadell/

> theverge.com/2018/2/8/16993058/nest-matt-rogers-co-founder-leaving-google-smart-home-chief-product-officer

There's a write-up about a profanity laced argument some of the founders got in w/ google nearing their exit with how they handled the acquisition/product direction. The company exists in name only atm

So THIS is the power of Google Design

Attached: purpleish.png (856x1163, 323K)

>We are in a period of hardware innovation
more like stumbling towards a dead end.

>How can we make a iPhone without getting sued

these pre-recorded in-between-keynote segments are so fucking boring

Core count has double and then tripled and quadrupled in the past handful of years. Storage tech has made huge strides forward. Everything is there for true innovation. Were in a hardware cycle not a software cycle. The Software cycle comes afterwards. So, it appears things are in a dead end simply because you have yet to see the new innovative uses of hardware. As I stated earlier, this will come from new companies/basement dwellers who were ironing out new tech while everyone gorged on late cycle tech. This is how the historic cycles of techs have always operated.

People forget that many humans don't even have GI. Look up Project 100,000

boners

there are humans without Global Illumination?

I don't think people forget this. It's quite obvious.
That says nothing about the highly intelligent people capable of cracking AGI.
I can source sauce everything I state. Most of the "innovations" from google has been acquisitions. Some even poorly handled. Little to no innovation comes out of google internally which speaks volumes about their company culture. If you want an interesting read, I can provide you with the writeup about DeepMind (AI) acquisition google made. It's a real eye opener as to how a company's soul is sometimes sold and buried in an acquisition.

yikes this guy is super cringe

what the fuck is this supposed to mean

Sphixnter

i hope you're right, but i don't see it.

we'll see a ml-based fascimile of AGI (potentially indistinguishable from the real thing) long before some kid cracks it b/w college classes.

their blue level is off by 10

engadget.com/2019/05/07/google-pixel-3a-xl-review-cheap-great-camera/
review already out

Attached: .jpg (980x608, 264K)

1843magazine.com/features/deepmind-and-google-the-battle-to-control-artificial-intelligence

How about this one? Same story.. different founder.

> Current and former researchers at DeepMind and Google, who requested anonymity due to stringent non-disclosure agreements, have also expressed scepticism that DeepMind can reach AGI through such methods. To these individuals, the focus on achieving high performance within simulated environments makes the reward-signal problem hard to tackle. Yet this approach is at the heart of DeepMind. It has an internal leaderboard, in which programs from competing teams of coders vie for mastery over virtual domains.

Innovative vision meets corporate bean counting and dies

already? when do the phones go on sale?

>pixel
literally worse than samshit

Attached: c61.png (800x750, 106K)

See : Highly unlikely. All of the top brass has declared its a dead end which was obvious to others years before they stated it. I think its sad that most people are unaware of how much AI was steered towards big data/search/cloud computing to protect a business model that was already secured. You're never going to see AGI or anything like it come from any of these big tech firms. It goes against their business model.

> some kid cracks it b/w college classes.
LMFAO, who do you think are the founders of tech companies? Unicorns? LOL, there's nothing special about anyone who works in tech. Most have regressed in their ability to innovate which is what happens when you become a cog in the wheel.

Now

>who do you think are the founders of tech companies?
that was me acknowledging that fact while suggesting that the paradigm had changed.

All the major tech reviewers get the phone a few weeks before launch so they can get their reviews out immediately after the event.

is it over?

Not yet. Developer keynote is in about 20 minutes.

Developer keynote is next

youtube.com/watch?v=YL-8Xfx6S5o
youtube auto caption built directly into your phone.

Attached: .png (735x552, 591K)

>events.google.com/io/live/
What is this shitty website, I had to select text and drag my mouse to the right in order to scroll it sideways.
Had to check if it was some google trick so Firefox browser wouldn't render it correctly, but nope, it's the same in chromium.

Attached: 2019-05-07_21:26:58.png (1920x1064, 91K)

that was fast

will they announce anything interesting?
will they ever let me FUCKING CHANGE THE WAKE WORD

What do you think these buttons are for?

Attached: file.png (95x45, 1K)

what is that fucking abhorrent design, for the love of god

>lunch break
>only pictures of salads, pastas, and breads
humans need meat you weirdos

Attached: 1531252318004.jpg (1920x1080, 167K)

why not a scrollbar?

google isn't known for coherent design principals

Horizontal scrolling is a thing of the past, grandpa.

dev keynote about to start

>t. brainlet
People who optimize their websites for "mobile first" making them look like a fucking mobile app should be shot on sight

the problem is the vast majority of web traffic is from mobile devices

Now the actual, non-normie event starts.
Good.

horrible logo

round two:
developer keynote

Is every higher up in Google a Pajeet?

Why do you think Google has been on a constant decline for the past decade?

sundar makes sure of it

>Pixel 3a
>SD 670
>4GB of RAM
>no expandable storage
>400 fucking freedom bucks

I'm pretty sure this is targeted at the US and if so it's still fucking stupid if the Moto Z4 Play's specs are to be believed. What's Google thinking? You could buy the S9 for the exact same price over here.

based

Does this event really need a sign language interpreter

snoring rn

chet is a chill dude. i like seeing him every year

especially since they heavily focused on their live subtitling tech

Yes. Most dev places in cali are like that.

Hiring indians ruins work dynamic and the only way it works is if you have nothing but indians.

why the fuck does the stream keeps shitting itself
it's a google event on a google platform advertising google products ffs

Google sabotaged the livestream for Firefox users, you have to be using Chrome for it to be smooth.

s9 has shitty samsung software though. this one is google hardware.
No bloatware and best for development

you also need to be watching using a chromecast, connected through google fi or google fiber

java btfo

yeah this, like with many other Google stuff.
If it sees your FF user agent it will simply break.

I have a fix just download this exten-- oh wait

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH

Attached: 400myass.png (810x571, 200K)

what is this from

your internet provider is garbage

So is this new Kotlin reactive framework just another flutter?

dude sex