>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: kriIahO.jpg (1600x770, 569K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xahlee.info/kbd/idiocy_of_happy_hacking_keyboard.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3DR9fAQuOK8
vocaroo.com/i/s1BhzOXhDGGD
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/keyboard_cables
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

clipped lubed bandaid modded my stabs

Attached: zQ4RY9t.jpg (2355x1188, 473K)

lubed and spring swapped my switches

Attached: YEVpHy4.jpg (2548x1186, 564K)

heres the final product, send lots of upvotes thanks

Attached: hawfdb5.jpg (2555x1185, 468K)

OP what is all that paraphernalia?

Attached: cat.jpg (485x801, 60K)

>for me it lubed blacks

Attached: -.png (289x514, 121K)

Attached: New Keyboard.jpg (2656x1494, 1.29M)

is rgb worth the extra money? also if I'm buying a keyboard but will use a separate keycap set is there any difference between the majority of keyboards? assuming same switches

Watch out when buying separate keycaps for prebuilt boards, some use non-standard layouts.
Now most higher-end keysets will come with extra caps for compatibility, but it's just something to watch out for.

Attached: keyboard pic for march.jpg (2345x1563, 933K)

Keycaps?

Tai-Hao PBT Lavender

Maybe someone here can explain to me... why doesn't some chink manufacturer make a $20 keyboard with rubber dome switches IN THE SHAPE OF a $3-400 mech ergonomic keyboard... and make a killing?

I fucking bought an X-bows non-LED keyboard (which I hated, the space between the keys is enormous, you could get used to typing on it but it'd fuck you up for any other keyboard, I ordered an ID75 off massdrop instead) because it was ergonomic mech for "only" $150.

You mean like those Microsoft ergo keyboards?

Attached: microsoft_natural_keyboard_elite_2[1].jpg (1138x600, 112K)

aren't zeal switches just clones of a cherry design? lol...

Attached: CpxYZUV.png (348x141, 18K)

yeah, but they have the backing of reddit

Yeah but Zeal ~innovated~ by using gold-plated springs and polycarbonate housings with an MX clear clone stem.

Nope, ortholinear. Ergodox or atreus62 or dactyl or kinesis advantage etc etc, all ortholinear plus ergonomic staggered columns. Look at the position of the 6 on the logitech/microsoft ergonomic keyboards, it's on the wrong fucking hand. Shows you how fucked up staggered columns (which they used to need when they were typewriters and they had metal bars underneath the keys and needed them to not collide with the key above them) are today

Anyone wanna buy my Tada68 with Gat reds? I don't really like linears, I guess.

Willing to part with it for 45 bucks.

Where are you?

Texas.

Sent :^)

Thanks ;)

I've heard these felt cases can causes static on plastic keyboards is that true?

I was going to get on for my FC660 but after hearing that I'm thinking I just get something else.

Attached: MD-15186_20160119111903_460fd29c0d41d8f3.jpg (1080x720, 116K)

Just get a metal case. you can find them on aliexpress

xahlee.info/kbd/idiocy_of_happy_hacking_keyboard.html

kek

Attached: 1542410303435.jpg (1024x799, 245K)

He's right though. I never understood the whole craze over 60% keyboards from a usability point of view. Sure they're ergonomically comfortable and take up very little space if that's a restriction you have, but you're giving up a fuckton of keys and have to memorize several extra combos to hit keys that would otherwise be present on a normal keyboard.

i bought my first mechanical keyboard with MX browns, i love them but i dont think they are perfect. Is there a similar switch to brown but with more force, maybe 60?

>have to memorize several extra combos to hit keys
This is not an issue if you're not a brainlet. World of Warcraft probably has 30-40+ keybinds you use often (haven't played in years, this might've changed). How are F1-12 + the numpad an issue to remember with a Fn-key?

Also, xahlee is a fucking autist and agreeing with him is peak contrarian.

Sorry not sure what mean.

A metal casing for my FC660C or a metal carrying case? I can't see either available.

I run an imageboard and was thinking of creating a mechanical keyboard board

If I did so would you cucks post

Mostly pictures of traps and their cute 40% baords with feminine keycap sets

So he made ergo clears?

Best gateron clear keyboard? Ordered a GMMK but it got lost and they did full refund.

>South América
>$125
>Gateron clear switches
>Decent built
> TKL or 60% with arrows

Now looking TADA68 & gk64

I fucking hate Zeal so much right now.
Shithead sells clear pieces of plastic with a gold-plated wire for $40, and he's selling switches at $120 for 100 switches. Wei comes along and creates products that are almost as good at an actual reasonable price, and of course the shithead shuts him down by throwing a hissy-fit on Reddit. All because he made a ridiculous contract with Gateron years ago, fuck that money-hungry Chink.

The other company was using housings that literally said "Gateron" on it... It is that and them selling fake zealios that got them in shits creek.

The fuck are you on about? They had "KBDfans" written on them. Zeal just used his exclusive Gateron contract and threatened a lawsuit if Wei kept making the switches. Zeal also killed the silent Tangerine the same way. Killing a blatant fake is one thing, but killing competition and keeping your switch prices high through monopoly is another. Fucking scumbag.

Attached: serveimage[1].png (1000x750, 626K)

No you fucking idiot. Wei was selling zealios switches that was made from this counterfeit company with Gateron Logo and everything. T1s was a deal Wei made with the counterfeit company later on.

That means kbdfans have been selling fake zealios for years.

Attached: 2019-05-07 23_20_05-Window.png (941x419, 394K)

Listen dumbass, we're talking T1s here. Zeal just used the Tealio scandal to also kill T1s through clout because he saw the chance. He did the same thing to another switch this same fucking week. Who knows, maybe Wei will just go to a different factory and/or make a switch with Kailh, the Creams by Mike were nice.

If that was the case then how come arctos is still around?

The point is that it's likely the same factory that made the fake tealios also made the T1s, which would explain why the T1s are kill too.

Holy fuck this brainlet... The whole reasons the T1s are being shutdown is because the manufacturer made counterfeit zealios and this jeopardized the entire relationship between KBDfans and Gaterons. Literally Gaterons and maybe some other switch manufacturers could go "fuck you, we are not working with you since u want deal with counterfeiters".

Yeah, with a housing that can't be used for mass production boards and a pointless gold plated spring.

Should I buy Koalas?

Attached: 1556909260102.webm (600x800, 2.9M)

They are reskinned T1s, but I heard they are not much better than the zeal v1s... up to you.

Well they're more tactile than V1s for sure. I don't have them in a board yet but the feel just seems like a rounder zeal V2, with the bump near the top as well.

Attached: IMG_20190502_170323.jpg (2355x1836, 991K)

Really? Tried them at a group buy and they feel like rounder box royals, but tealios v2 had a more smooth bump.

>group buy
Fucking meant meet up.

youtube.com/watch?v=3DR9fAQuOK8
would gat red or clear have been better for him?

Because Kebo didn't piss off Gateron and Wei did, so in order to forgive him, they made him kill the T1. The silent Tangerine was killed because they actually made the switch with Gateron and got pressure from Zeal to stop because it was too close to the Healio.

>Zeal just used the Tealio scandal to also kill T1s through clout because he saw the chance

Yea, that's what I said, what part of clout don't you understand?

Well I'm using V2 zilents right now, and the T1s feel similar, but not as sharp. Maybe slightly less tactile if only because it is rounder. The T1s do feel pretty smooth too.

>you're giving up a fuckton of keys
that you don't usually use

Holy fuck, it's actually real.

Attached: asddwe.png (388x807, 231K)

i have a board as well
keep dreaming

This isn't a conspiracy... It is basic common sense that working with and continuing to work with counterfeiters is a terrible for business...

solder one ur self

This is fucking China, everything is a copy of a copy of a copy, just look at Pandas for example, but it doesn't mean shit at the end of the day considering the Cherry patent is done. Wei fucked up and Zeal got pissed, which is cute coming from him considering that his switches are a copy themselves with super innovative and expensive golden springs and took 6 different versions until he figured out how to stop them from wobbling. So now Wei's unique switch made by a different factory are dead because of Zeal's hissy-fit, wouldn't be the first time. Enjoy that Zeal cock in your mouth, but I have to go to bed.

Thoughts on the Filco Majestouch-2 tenkeyless?

>being this clueless to how on the situation.
Look here you dense motherfucker. First off it is not Zeal that is causing Wei to sweat bullets, it is gateron that is threatening to discontinue working with Wei. That is why Wei cut his vacation short and went directly to the Gateron manufacturer to sort things out.

Everyone knows they are clones and they are shameless with it, but It is not even copyright that is the issue here you brainlet, it is that Gateron, who makes many other popular switches including Zeals, threaten to cut off KBDfans as a supplier.

So what the fuck is KBDfans supposed to do if they get cut off? Invest a couple grand to make something similar to Gaterons?

And stop trying to go around the issues on why the whole Custom T1 switches were canceled. They were canceled because the same manufacturer they were literally MAKING ZEALIOS SWITCHES WITH GATERONS LOGOS ON THEM.

>but I have to go to bed.
Yeah I knew it was past your bedtime soon.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>So now Wei's unique switch made by a different factory are dead because of Zeal's hissy-fit
Stop blaming Zeal for the son exploding. It is also Gateron who controls them.

Gateron can kill their contract with Zeal anytime they want.

>son
sun*

Ergonomic keebs don't actually have mass appeal, only gaymen or total autists buy them, and those wouldn't want to us rubber domes.

Not to mention actual ergonomic boards (concave home rows, side thumb keys) would be hard to create with a membrane as the keys don't stay on a 2D plane.

Attached: 1557046106534.png (1400x841, 180K)

toper

The hell did he mean by this

They are continuing the koala switches... probably different manuf. T1s are not dead... stop being a drama queen.

fuck you, henry

>Budget
180$
>Location
Canada
>Keys
Clear / White
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
80% or TKL (tenkeyless)
>Backlight
Doesn't matter

Attached: 1557273234470.jpg (1024x932, 50K)

jane

he meant your shit will remain desolate

does sprit ever ship his springs?

I'm the user who drunkenly spilt a glass of wine in his keyboard and then killed himself.
I fixed it by using a drinking straw to introduce warm water into each switch that was sticky, then spamming the everliving shit out of it while it was still wet. I left it to dry for 24 hours and it works perfectly again. I thought this information might help other idiots who end up in a similar situation.

Thanks I'm not a fatfingered drunkard though so I just won't spill alcohol into my electronics.

You might not be, but I bet other anons are at least as retarded as I am.

is it my mic or is there a slight metal ping to my typing sounds? vocaroo.com/i/s1BhzOXhDGGD

you washing out the lube, you dingus
clean it properly like a real autist.

Just adapted a Sun type 5 to work over USB.
Where can I get a nice looking micro USB and a few keykaps?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-08-14-31-22-861_com.whatsapp.png (1080x2340, 1.88M)

big dick is back in town

Attached: e296433.jpg (1214x683, 96K)

>Budget
100$
>Location (continent at least)
EU
>Preferred switch type
Tactile
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
75%+
>Backlight
Maybe
>Previous/current keyboards
Atm i have trash mk

82nd for Wei is an idiot for selling counterfeit switches but Zeal is an even bigger jew for trying to bully out competitors to his outrageously priced meme switches.

Does anyone make a beige Model M anymore? Unicomp only has black ones.

FUCKK I wanted to buy some but held off for a little too long
Pic related is very much me right now

Attached: 1555452204955.jpg (1632x1656, 200K)

What are the tangerine switches being mentioned? I don't remember them

Gergo man! If you're still around: do you think you could arrange for an unsoldered georgi, and if so, how much would it be discounted by? I find soldering fun, and you'd save some time. But given how much cheaper it already is compared to assembled or partial Gergos, I'm not sure if you're already doing assembly for super cheap and there's almost no savings to be made here.

Yeah, Unicomp

Did you send them an email?

Unicomp makes beige as well

It's called pearl white, not beige

>That much effort for a rubber dome keeb
Why

Unicomp still makes them, but it's on hold until next month

It's nice. It's free. I'm not an autist.

>It's free
Certainly not anymore after the restoration.

>modding rubber dome keyboards
>"I'm not an autist"
Pick exactly one

Was it so hard to just answer my question instead of questioning what I did with 30 mins of my spare time?

Was it so hard to look at the OP to see what thread you're on?

autism

Fair enough....
Keycaps... it is rubber domes so you are stuck with that.

Microusb, you can make your own, or you can get one from aliexpress of your choosing.

also:

>reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/keyboard_cables