Technology and happiness

ITT: post something (technology) you bought in the last 12 months that has made you actually happier than you were without it.

Attached: 1555710998944.jpg (636x597, 39K)

Bought a 2012 non Retina 13" MacBook. It just takes me back to that era. Steve Jobs still alive, smart phones didn't rule your life, Jow Forums had a good mix of new/old blood. It's not half bad either, got a fully loaded one with a 2.9ghz i7 it's plenty useful.

Attached: 20190502_171429.jpg (3060x1960, 3.36M)

>web2.0 on a laptop from 2012

that's a first or second gen i7, it's perfectly fine for the web

pretty happy with my new Casio F-91W

>Steve Jobs still alive, smart phones didn't rule your life, Jow Forums had a good mix of new/old blood.
none of this was true in 2012, even steve jobs died in 2011

nah, he's right, 2012 was way better.

Go back to your shack Ted.

bought a thinkpad USB keyboard. this thing is heaven,

Attached: www.lenovo.com.jpg (1000x827, 102K)

why is it so overpriced?

It was the last year of Job's last approved MacBook design with more modern hardware put in.

Attached: 20190507_160731.jpg (4032x2268, 2.25M)

My computer lets me pirate any game I want.

mechanical keyboard costs more while feeling and sounding like shit compared to this.

This clickity clacking insane high key travel thing is fucking stupid, thats like buying a 100 dpi mouse, it takes physically more energy on each key.

thinkpad branding is expensive

I haven't bought anything in the last 12 months that brought me happiness.

Pretty much everything as I am poor and must think before buying. lets see, a used 1080ti, elecom huge and a maltron lefty allow for almost zero movement gaming

you don't need to convince me about the garbage memes that are mechanical keyboards. I use the first gen Apple Aluminium keyboard still. have spilled coke and soup and all kinds of shit on it in all the years, but I've just washed it under running water and it still just werks.

Attached: 1556455104087.jpg (3000x1272, 352K)

switch

Based. Waiting for my 15" 2005 powerBook G4 to get delivered. It's nice to have a laptop back from when Apple actually gave a shit about design.

broke fag with gay keyboard, lets all laugh at him

a new car radio

Attached: IMG_20150224_172716.jpg (640x640, 149K)

It's self destructive to ask everyone to laugh at you.

HD radio tuner I hope. Makes me feel like digital radio should've been implemented instead of TV broadcasts

>broke
that keyboard has been working for me since 2007, was not cheap and still works after many times of spilling shit and washing it under running water.

I didn't buy it, but I got a Kindle as a gift and it's handsdown my most used piece of technology

I know this is Jow Forumsayme but my nintendo switch.
KYS macfag.
Another fruit cult shill.
Based.
It's an macfaggotry invasion.
Kindles are shit.

>Another fruit cult shill.
I use it on my custom built pc.

Attached: 1555989735274.gif (463x260, 3.3M)

Fishing rod.

Attached: hmexz5qns7s21.jpg (640x640, 94K)

He's a sad person. Ignore him and he'll eventually go away.

For your anime, fucking pedoweeb.

>For your anime, fucking pedoweeb.
I actually don't like anime, but I know the seething faggot always posts that red girl

>Kindles are shit.
Maybe, but it's free

I stuck mine in the dishwasher and still works

I stuck mine in the dishwasher and still works

kek, based.
I'm: and I was already looking for a replacement, but the new apple keyboards are very expensive (like 170 euros) and I don't want mechanical memeboards, and I couldn't find a decent keyboard with the same type of flat keys.

But because of this post: I found out lenovo actually has a flat keyboard without the memenub thinkpad shit and with an actual numpad, so I literally just now ordered one.

Attached: 1545022010075.jpg (1000x1000, 54K)

I bought the new Palm phone.
It's pretty nice aside from not having root and having shit battery life.

Attached: p1.png (469x470, 133K)

what is the point? also, who even calls anymore?

I didn't want to carry around a giant glass slab anymore.
It also encourages me not to fuck with my phone for no reason.

>who even calls anymore
Those of use who are employed.

>I didn't want to carry around a giant glass slab anymore.
just get an xperia compact..

A new car. Automatic transmission is maximum comfy

>use
bullshit, pretty much everything in our company is email and skype with some slack perhaps.

More expensive.
Also, too late.

my desktop

Yes, because your company is every single company on the face of the planet.
How fucking autistic are you?

And those of us who enjoy meaningful connections with other people and occasionally call their friends and family even if it's only for a minute or two.

not everyone works where you work, retardo. I talk on the phone daily in my job.

you're the one who made a blanket statement pretending every company is like yours...

So, you have never called your employer, and never made a call at work.
Amazing.
I don't believe you.

Attached: jesusdesu.jpg (405x291, 21K)

>So, you have never called your employer, and never made a call at work.
literally once when I first got hired, after that everything went through other channels. also, that tiny shitphone still has all the worst parts of a smarthone.

>I never call except when I do
>stop liking what I don't like

Attached: 1552960694021.jpg (456x480, 23K)

you know in what context I said that right? buying a tiny smartphone with shit tier screen and battery life implies you'll only use it for calling. implies all you do is calling.

it's shit. it's stupid.

>stop liking what I don't like

Attached: D0X38woXcAArIaX.jpg (240x255, 15K)

tell me what you like about it. go on.

Already did, read up.

>It's pretty nice aside from not having root and having shit battery life.
you haven't named a single thing you liked about it.

This. Consumerism is a meme.

Reject capitalism

Attached: image.jpg (750x703, 363K)

honestly, a treadmill.
best purchase of my life

my t440p actually

My 3d printer. Fun as hell, got me to learn 3d design, and has made me decent money.

A CLC and a GPU bracket. I haven't bought a single piece of tech in the last year other than this.

It made me happier because I can play games, autism over temps and not go deaf.

lmao why? walking around is literally free

>has made me decent money.
how exactly?

Custom dildos

and you sell those to your mom?

It felt like a an overpriced bullshit purchase at the time, but not having your room smell like cancer when soldering is great

Attached: 3751567.jpg (900x668, 217K)

a vps
now i can watch youtube on this dial-up speed hotel connection by having it recompress the video to absolute shit quality

Attached: a.jpg (1366x768, 140K)

Dell 091N324 P2418HT 24-Inch Touch LED Monitor - Black

Attached: bb.jpg (450x248, 10K)

Kindle Paperwhite Manga Edition. Something about having all my shitty Japanese cartoons and pirated textbooks in one place is nice. Plus, the battery is pretty snazzy.

>Kindle Paperwhite Manga Edition.
Is there a decent program for automating conversion nowadays or is it still best to run batches through a photoshop script?

I got gifted a Voyage a while back, but It hasn't really replaced my ipad pro 10.5". Would be nice if it's much easier to read on ereaders nowadays without the searing eye pain or constantly adjusting backlight dimming.

you read comic books in black and white? is all manga black and white? does it look good on that low res kindle screen?

Modeled some tools for my niche hobby and sell them to other people having my same niche hobby through facebook groups mostly.
Tldr; tpu dildos

>going outside

Attached: 1546585614311.jpg (350x464, 36K)

>Is all manga black and white?
Yes, for the most part.
>does it look good on that low res kindle screen?
I had a cybook in like 2007, that was 600x800 and limited grayscale. It was okay if you converted everything beforehand but I stopped using e-ink displays once tablets landed because better size, higher pixel count and no need to faff around before reading. Also no glass substrate was god tier since most readers were fragile.
They must have improved somewhat but you can get buy reading basic manga on them, stuff with more detail was a mess tho.

I usually rip PDFs or convert them from CBRs

Mangafag here, most if it is all b/w. The big seller for me was reading mobi textbooks on the go.

does it have in-built DRM? do i have to install custom firmware to read ripped pdfs?

>nintenbabby thinks he's superior to iToddlers

Attached: 1542936610233.jpg (469x423, 44K)