Is using a 4K monitor overkill?

Just got a 4K monitor, color and detail are nice, but everything is tiny and I have to select "make everything bigger" in Windows10 and blow everything up 200% to see. Anyone use 4K and like it?

Attached: 4k.jpg (3836x1983, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MKT2BNB/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A13BNE3P7C8THK&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tip her tokens you cheapskate

scaling should only apply to the size of UI elements, not the level of detail. so you have to set scaling to 150-200% so that buttons and shit aren't too small, BUT any images on your screen will have 2x the internal detail for a given size.

go to youtube and you should be able to watch a 1080p video using only 1/4 of your screen real estate, with full internal detail.

After seeing text on 4K anything lower just looks too blurry desu

Attached: m.jpg (900x882, 217K)

I use a 40in and no scaling is perfect

Using a 32” 4K screen. It can be used with 100% scaling if you are not an eyelet. Smaller monitors probably need scaling.

>Anyone use 4K and like it?
42" 4k display. No problems here, especially when I use xmonad.

4k on smaller monitors is useful for compensating for window's poor font rendering, but not much else

>can't see shit and have to scale everything up anyway
Then why bother?
>more detail for images
...that you can't really see because shit's small anyway.

There is no reason to use 4k. It's a scam.

I got a 27" 4k, too small it's going back

I have a 65 inch 4k monitor it has tiny text.

32” 4k (no scale) is perfection.

>t. never used a 4k display
has the right idea. I'm using a 23" 4K display with 200% scaling and it's perfect.

damn looks like that girl has a lot of commits

>tfw 28-inch 4K no scaling

Good bye vision

jesus that's huge

>always hear people say you need 32" for 4k
>now people are saying actually smaller is better
can people make their fucking minds up please. really sick of this kind of shit.

Attached: Dl9fl9mU0AApPxV.jpg (1200x675, 107K)

>buys 4K mo it or>complains about having to scale things

Are you fucking stupid?

>Anyone use 4K and like it?
I do. It is excellent.

> I have to select "make everything bigger" in Windows10
Or buy a bigger monitor. 32", everything is OK, but ofc I'm not using it for web browsing, that's what 1080p display is for.

display size and resolution are unrelated
your display should be more than arm's length from your seated position

high dpi is THE shit, but if you sit far enough a large display is better
'tards 'tarding about 27+ displays for "desktop" use are 'tarded and should be ignored

I need to know,

I have a 1920 laptop screen

when playing outward I need to squint into the distance to see enemies and pick out some suspicious pixels to avoid

do you notice detail at long distance in games?

I think you meant double your arms length divided by your legs length multiplied by 2 minus length of head

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MKT2BNB/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A13BNE3P7C8THK&psc=1

Is this a good 4k to get?

this is a worksafe board asshole

Shit looks like someone's Github activity chart who spends their entire time on Github

I just bought a 27" samshit sf350 pls 72Hz freesync 1080pee.

Shit so cash.

Lol macbook fag and his keyboard

Scaling in windows 10 is garbage mate so have fun with that. It looks good in some linux DEs and probably macOS though.

kek

4k at 40" is the same PPI as 1080p at 20"

27" 2560x1440 is god tier
anything bigger or higher rez is for pozzed up rich kids dripping cum from their asshole

>paying virtual money for low-quality content
cuck

I have a laptop with 3000x2000 screen and I get cancer whenever I have to use a regular 1080p monitor now. The clean and crisp text, icons and interfaces is so fucking nice.

4K is godtier with applications that scale properly
1080p is the new 720p desu

>Scaling in windows 10
This so much.

Pic related is a 14" laptop @ 150 dpi.

Attached: wew.png (2560x1440, 385K)

Scaling is fine in W10, half the point of the boring flat design in W10 is to scale well. Although there are a couple of rarely used Windows applications that don't support hidpi and look like pixelated ass since Microsoft hates consistency.

I'm on 32" 4K and 125% is perfect, even legacy programs look fine at that small level of zoom.

you are cucking yourself with that mindset

Attached: getaloadofthisguy39156692.png (500x626, 302K)

If you are reading 4K books it is worth it.

Attached: 4kmonitor.png (591x663, 65K)

>The 4K Monitor takes the 4K IPS technology, which looks really good on a screen, and brings it into the space, bringing 3D

lmfao where the hell did you get this text? raheed's "javascript wizard" review?