Salary negotiation

Help me lads. I got lucky and found a company that's interested in me.
They chit chatted me with some "traps" here and there to check if I was legit. I did a tour of their office and the team I'll probably be assigned to described their tasks to me and were friendly as hell.
Next I'll meet with some management / hr people. Probably will discuss salary.

The thing is I'm so shy and introverted I have no experience in negotiation.
I can do autistic stares and I'm not uncomfortable in silence but that's about it.

How do I not get ripped off and also avoid a "alright then. We'll hire someone else instead".

Attached: chicken_pants.webm (900x900, 1.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Negotiate-Compensation
stackoverflow.com/jobs/salary
haseebq.com/my-ten-rules-for-negotiating-a-job-offer/
fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-negotiation-guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ask for 10% more than they state or some shit

nigger ur asking a bunch of freshman/ high-school students about salary negotiation. Probably less than 10% of the board has a job, and less than 1% a good job.

wikihow.com/Negotiate-Compensation

despite this tranny's racial slur, it has a point. This board is 99% failed comp-sci students (the other 1% are professional VCR repair technicians). Please go seek assistance from a more qualified source

stackoverflow.com/jobs/salary
If this is your first job then go between 25th and 50th percentile, just make sure they have career progression

>nigger ur asking a bunch of freshman/ high-school students about salary negotiation
That's how inadequate I am about negotiation.

Thanks, I'll review these and do my best not to sperg on d day

looks up salaries on glass door, ask for more, they'll haggle you down and think they're getting a good deal

>Salary negotiation
no need to negotiate

Attached: 1545197352085.jpg (935x466, 52K)

Why does the chicken wear the pants?

Perhaps he wishes to be more human.

Will the chicken die if it takes off its' pants?

hard to say unless we know the company/the offer, but my rule of thumb is to ask for 20-40% more than they give regardless of any outside data. if you're more junior you may not have that leverage

to be fair, to make those salaries, you have to be incredibly sharp and have solid experience

What if I get a "fuck off greedy fuck" type of reply?

Well your foot is already in their door, might as well exploit it. Think about your asking salary and add 50-100%. Obviously, companies may balk even if they have the budget. Then try to talk them down to your intended salary. That way you can get what you want. At least keep this in mind as it is always bad to leave money out of the table. Try to bring it over your intended salary, then reel them in to the range you want.

I'm in the same boat as you. In my case HR asked me my expected salary. I had done some research before and I asked for more than the average salary a university pass-out get in their first job. But now I'm thinking I should have asked more, since the position asked for 2 years of experience in the relevant field but I qualified because I'm good in C++.

That chick is T H I C C

It would be extremely painful

Attached: 1551920856577.jpg (960x960, 79K)

Accept your limitations and get paid far less than your worth.

If you want to earn more just actively job search while you are employed.

If mot can do it so can we!

Attached: mot.jpg (1080x1350, 142K)

lmao b urself and have faith

There's perfect Justice.

>We currently only have salary estimates for the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, Brazil, India, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Spain and Sweden.

God no I said accept your limitations, not be yourself. That's some pathetic bullshit beta assholes feed their kids.

How I negotiated my salary was I asked for x and they offered me x+3,000, then called me back half an hour later to offer me x+5,000 and a relocation bonus.

you wont, but if you can't justify why you desire that wage, you'll have to accept what they tell you. If it's your first job what is there that you can really say, you know? But if you don't try, then you'll end up like my coworker.
I make around 40/Hr because I could justify it. I don't have a BA just a few certs and an associates in computer networking. However, my coworker had a BA and more certs than me, but because he didn't apply himself he makes 25/Hr and is super butt-hurt about it. So yes, if you CAN justify it then you should ask for it.

Hiring is an expensive process, and good candidates are rare. For every competent person, there's gonna be at least 2, up to 10-15 utter incompetent retards that can't do fizzbuzz unless they drilled the solution. So once you're up to salary negotiations, the company clearly thinks you're pretty good, AND they've wasted a whole bunch of time to get there. Not just all the time and effort needed to interview you and internally review the assessments, but also all the time and effort to screen all the retards that came before you, which they'll have to spend again if you don't join unless they get really lucky to have another competent candidate right after you.
So if they can rope you in at a salary they're happy for, they will, and several more man-hours wasted in negotiations, with a delay of a week, is still going to be far better for them than the dozens of hours and several weeks they'll have to spend if they start looking from scratch again.

The only issue is that if they think you really wanted something a lot higher but they're not prepared to offer that, they're gonna be afraid that you're gonna be unhappy, and will do the bare minimum work and try to find a better job asap. But salary negotiations are standard practice and you really have to go out of your way to give that impression. If you're not sure, once you're close to reaching an agreement then just make sure to reiterate how happy you are with the agreement and how you're looking forward to actually joining them, which should help avoid them thinking that.

Yep, this is what you do. Ask for 10% over what they offer. Round it up to the nearest nice sounding number. (You should understand this already but I'm spelling it out anyway since this is Jow Forums)
If they accept, great, now you get to forever wonder how much more you could have gotten.
If they decline, they will have a counter-offer. You either accept this, or counter it with another suggestion.
Repeat the above steps until you're in agreement. That's all there is to it. Good luck!

>99% comp sci students
KEK
In case that you have missed it, look at threads and posts on this board, the vast Majority of people here are lamer larping faggots who think they know something about IT just because they build their own pc
None of these niggers here knows shit about how Hardware works

Thanks for the advice.
This is a retarded question but do you have any resources on how not to either:
(1) panic and accept the minimum they offer
(2) autistically stand my ground and let a good? opportunity pass because I couldn't get the best?

Here are some articles
haseebq.com/my-ten-rules-for-negotiating-a-job-offer/
fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-negotiation-guide/ (they want you to pay for stuff and sign up, but the free pages are still good)

For the first part, check the fearlesssalarynegotiation tip to actually make a little whiteboard for counteroffers at different numbers and reherse the conversation. Then it becomes just a simple flowchart, e.g. you counter at 10%, they counter back at 5%, then you say "7.5 and we've got a deal". that sort of thing. If they counter at 2%, then you have a different part of your flowchart.

For 2, make sure you have a good alternative (are you currently working, or competing offers) and idea of what your minimum acceptable salary is. If they offer more than your minimum acceptable, and you're happy, then it's all good. And even if you didn't manage to get as high as could initially, once you get to the year mark, you'll hopefully get a good raise. Of course, at a year mark you should also be interviewing elsewhere, just for leverage/more information.

literally who

What the other anons said, but just some common sense tips:
1. Have some leverage; why should they pay you more? Literally the single best thing is an offer in hand from a worse company but for higher pay, so you can say "match it or I walk away", but of course a lot of the time that's a pipe dream. Some things you could use: industry average, your previous salary, any jobs and responsibilities you expect to do that might bump you above the average, etc.
Remember: you're basically selling yourself (your time, specifically). How much are you worth? How much will you add to the company? Explain to them why you're amazing and hiring you will be a fantastic business decision, and why they should spend the extra few $k to make sure they get you.
2. Have realistic expectations. Have a realistic minimum, where you can say: "if you're offering below this, I'm walking away", and hold to it (if you say "I'm gonna walk away" and they say "no you're not" and you're like "you're right, shit, time to wageslave for your pennies" everything will be shit for you). Above the minimum, it's just a matter of trying to gauge how pushy you're being.
Also, don't expect to get the exact amount you ask for, that's not how negotiations work. You're gonna be negotiating up, but they're gonna be negotiating down at the same time. Unless they're lowballing hard as fuck, it's gonna be a compromise.
Once you get to the last small margin, where you're disagreeing over $1-2k, one of you will probably have to concede. It's up to you to see how far above your minimum you are: if you'd be very happy with their offer, accept and start on a good note; if they're being barely reasonable, you can push more, but be prepared for them to take a hard stance.

>if you'd be very happy with their offer, accept and start on a good note
This. I was hoping to negotiate up to 35k but the company offered me 45k, which I accepted instantly. No regrets.