>Panasonic GZW2004
This is objectively the best TV.

>Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, Hybrid Log Gamma
>120Hz
>OLED
>Firefox OS
>HDMI2.1

panasonic.com/nl/consumer/televisies/oled-tv/tx-65gzw2004.html

Attached: 1548384528869.png (561x455, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-playstation-3d-display-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>120Hz
is this actually 120hz or just motion smoothing bullshit

tvs are a waste of money
buy a projector

>stupid features nobody cares about
>muh slightly increased colour range
>doesn't seem to be 120hz at all
>who gives a fuck what OS it has
>wow it has an hdmi port, how revolutionary
Shills are so awful these days. How did you even get hired?

>2004
why would anyone buy a 15 year old TV?

are projectors poverty cope? Even im a poorfag and I would rather go without instead of using a fucking projector

>They don't know
TVs had actual real 120hz panels for years, even if only for motion interpolation
You could actually take advantage of the 120hz panel but only at 1080p/1440p due to HDMI limitations
With HDMI 2.1 all the 4k 120hz panels they have been shipping can actually be used at 4k 120hz now that the HDMI bandwidth is there on new models coming up

Firefox OS was discontinued, what the fuck?

That's pretty cool then. You'd think they would consider that a selling point and mention it somewhere, though...

>tfw not available in US
fuck, i recently got a panasoinc plasma, and have fallen in love with it. I wish i could get my hands on one of these.

Attached: 1554175655300.jpg (1055x1078, 139K)

>even if only for motion interpolation
Fucking useless then

Just because it has that doesn't mean it will actually let you use it with HDMI signals.

The hdmi bandwidth doesn't matter when the tv arbitrarily just limits itself to 60hz input.

>are projectors poverty cope?
the opposite.

Attached: 1554837597743.jpg (750x750, 51K)

>Fucking useless then
Nah, 120Hz is important even if you're not feeding it 120 FPS. A 60 Hz panel is a piece of shit because most video content is 24 FPS and 60 is not evenly divisible by 24, so you get judder. 120 Hz is evenly divisible by 24, so it wont look like garbage on playback.

>anno domini
>OLED

Attached: lesmuganimefaceatincredblyhihgrez.jpg (2296x2464, 285K)

Read the entire post dumbfuck
Most of not all TVs with 120hz panels could accept a 120hz signal and display it properly even if the original intention of the inclusion of a 120hz panel was just for motion interpretation (since HDMI 2.0 bandwidth didn’t allow for full 4K at 120hz)
They left the option of external 120hz signals for those who want to use it even if only at 1080/1440
Some even have it in their EDID

That's still assuming the panel is actually updating at 120hz and not just displaying 60 if motion smoothing is disabled

>Most of not all TVs with 120hz panels could accept a 120hz signal
>could accept
Operative term. Could.
Most if not all TVs with 120hz panels don't.

The panels are actually 120hz
What don’t you understand?

Panels yes. But the input boards in most tvs driving them don't use it outside of motion smoothing gimmick bullshit.

My X900E can
I set a custom resolution for 1080p/120hz and it displays it just fine without frame skipping
Again lots if TVs allow you to do this

You are just completely fucking ignorant of the current TV market

>my tv does it
>therefore most of them do
No, you are the ignorant one.

These aren't CRTs or plasmas where you can arbitrarily change the refresh rate. A 120 Hz panel is going to refresh at 120 Hz regardless. So it'll take the 24 FPS you get for TV broadcasts and just shit it out on the screen 5 times per frame.

But if the signal going in (because the tv does not accept higher refresh rates) is 60 that's still going to be spat out 2 times per frame, and your 24fps videos in that 60Hz computer will still be uneven.

Because I want good 4k

Your $1000 tv no less.

Doubtful that any cheaper ones with 120hz gimmick actually allow and support higher refresh rate input.

Yeah if you plug your PC into it and output 60 Hz for your videos you're a fucking retard because it's a TV not a monitor.

And you'd have no choice, because most tvs with that motion smoothing despite having 120hz panels won't allow 120hz input.

Go to rtings.com
Look for TVs with 120hz panels
I guarantee you over 90% if not all of them have 120 Hz input support

So do 24p. I seriously doubt the TV doesn't support it.

>OLED
>objectively best
HAHAHAHA
point and laugh at the stupid idiot who's never heard of mLED.

If it has a 120hz panel it'll support 1080p @ 120hz minimum. Sonys do, LGs do, Samsung even supports 1440p @ 120hz even though 1440p isn't a "cinema" standard resolution, although most TVs can do 1440p @ 60hz, 1440p @ 120hz seems to be supported by Samsung, though I hear this year's LGs also support it.

$1000 is around mid range, where the decent 55" sets start. Anything below like $600 is bargain bin lowest of the low unless you're buying TCL or maybe a Vizio after the first price drop. Better values up front but quality and support are questionable. For all the complaining about Samsung they're probably one of the better ones, but it comes at a price since they're by far the worst value. OLEDs start at over $2000 period, most high-ends. They start dropping in the high $1000s by summer and by black friday they can get pretty close to 1300-1500 for the 55" models. TVs occupy an entirely different market segment from monitors, although now some gayming monitors are getting up over $2000

Need HDTV without the internet gobbledygook. Just want to watch some sports and an occasional movie that's about it.

Attached: dRr8tbh.jpg (570x713, 54K)

enjoy your garbage contrast

What if I don't care about shit like local dimming or smart tv features or even 4k?

Literally any fucking TV I could get will probably have better black levels than the 55 inch RPTV monstrosity I currently use. But also probably higher input lag

What's the best basic tv with the lowest input delay? I just want to play the occasional game at 1080p without having 100-200ms of delay before shit moves on screen

x900e actually works with 1440p/120hz as well

you're not gonna get a non smart tv anymore period. and your probably not gonna get a hdtv either. However TCL is a great budget brand with both Hd and UHD options, and although they are all roku smart tv's, the interface is nice and doesnt slow down as much over time. You can also configure it to just boot to one hdmi every time you turn it on

>runs at 60Hz
>even when playing 24Hz content
Get a better TV. My HTPC automagically changes my TV's refresh rate to the video currently playing.

More specifically, if I DON'T want local dimming or anything that dynamically fucks with contrast or brightness in any way

No, your HTPC automagically changes the refresh rate it's giving to the input board and the input board fucks around with it to get it to the native refresh rate of your panel. So if your TV has a 60 Hz panel, even if the input board accepts 24 Hz then it'll still get you 3:2 pulldown judder.

So you're saying the 24Hz mode is literally 60Hz mode?

Attached: doubtfire.jpg (960x832, 59K)

Almost any modern TV from Samsung, LG or TCL will have very good input lag (about as good as any other 4K monitor) provided they are set to game mode
Your also going to be doing yourself a disservice trying to look for a 1080p TV as all the good modern panels are all 4K now

what about sony

Most TVs have a game mode that does no processing and hence has low input lag, usually in the 20-30ms range or less. 120hz native TVs running in 120hz mode usually hit half that, 10-15ms. TVs with VRR, like Samsung's TVs and the new LG's with HDMI 2.1 (VRR is a standard in hdmi 2.1) have even lower input lag. The Samsung NU8000 in 1080p @ 120hz game mode with VRR hits 6ms of input lag, which is on par with a decent monitor. The new LG OLED C9 hits around that in 1080p and 1440p @120hz, I don't think VRR was tested yet because there are no hdmi 2.1 devices, but in theory it should be even lower.

So basically the NU8000 would be decent. Although 120hz panels start with 55" and up, the small 49" version has a 60hz panel IIRC. A lot of cheaper TVs like vizios and TCLs don't have 120hz panels, which is probably where the cheaper price comes in.

Personally, if you don't have the money, I would just wait for 120hz and hdmi 2.1 to become common across in the board. Maybe in a year or 2

Effectively, yes. LCDs have a native refresh rate just like they have a native resolution. You can't really change either of those things. All the 24 Hz mode means is that it will accept a 24 Hz signal, it will still get displayed on a 60 Hz panel if that's what your TV has.

Then what exactly are people doing when they overclock monitors? I mean if the display's stuck at 60Hz what's the point of modding it to say it's running at ~75Hz?

Sony has historically lagged behind in input lag improvement compared to others
They are better than they used to be but still behind the others

You can actually adjust the refresh rate a little, but there's a difference between being able to make your monitor eek out another 15 Hz to go up to 75 Hz and being able to drop it from 60 Hz to 24 Hz. It just wont support major changes in refresh rate. Even with small changes it might not be stable. If you have a 60 Hz panel in your TV and have a HTPC output 24 Hz automatically when it sees a 24 FPS video, then most likely what is happening is your TV is taking that 24 Hz signal and converting it into a 60 Hz signal for the panel to receive. They're not going to overclock the panels in the TVs they sell. Monitors and TVs aren't the same.

these have infinite contrast

Attached: 1530494202343.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Couldn't it underclock to 48Hz and use black frame insertion, effectively functioning as a 24Hz display?

The panel itself before you factor in any controllers or electronics can be any refresh rate you want, it’s the LCD controllers that determine what refresh rate to drive the panel at, some can support more than intended sometimes

So whose to say the controller isn't capable of 24Hz? I mean, my TV takes a second or two to switch resolutions, I'd imagine it's doing a bit more than preparing for 3:2 pulldown

Depends on the panel if you can underclock it that much. Again, I really, really doubt any manufacturer is going to have the input board underclock or overclock the panel. They're going to feed it the native refresh rate and you wont be able to change that because you're not interfacing with the panel you're interfacing with the input board that interfaces with the panel. And if that's what's happening then you will always get 3:2 pulldown for 24fps content on that TV. Which is why you want a 120 Hz TV because they're not as shit.

>So whose to say the controller isn't capable of 24Hz?
The controller probably is capable of 24 Hz. The panel probably isn't.

>the panel has a refresh rate and that's that
>it's not the panel, it's the controller
You guys need to make up your minds.

I can't help it if you don't understand how technology works user. Let me spell it out for you.

1. LCD panels ALL have a native refresh rate. No exceptions. These are not CRTs or plasmas. You can overclock or underclock panels, but only if you're interfacing with the panel directly.
2. An input board can support many refresh rates and its job is to convert a signal into the native refresh rate. It's very unlikely a manufacturer would design their input board to underclock or overclock a panel, I'm not aware of any that do.
3. If the input board isn't overclocking or underclocking the panel for you, then you can't do it yourself because you're interfacing with the input board and not the panel.
4. This all means your 60 Hz TV is a piece of shit.

>questioned about conflicting information
>lol ur dum

Yes, you are dumb, that's why I gave you bullet point information that maybe your retard brain can understand. I don't hold out much hope for that though.

The panel is itself is dumb
There is more in between than just the input board and panel
You need something to actually drive the individual pixels in the panel this is where the limitations are and I see no reason why this part of the chain can’t drive the actual LCD pixels at 24hz

Look, you little shit. You and another guy were saying the exact opposite things. The dumb thing would have been to arbitrarily decide that one of you was right.

3rd opinion here. Some TVs will actually have some sort of 24p compatibility mode that may refresh at 24hz or 48hz, with 120hz it should work just fine, they'll hold the frame longer. It is mostly a controller issue, refresh rates in general are, though obviously if an LCD just isn't fast enough to transition colors or can't handle the current no one's going to bother putting a 120hz controller on there, so there is some impact there. Like you wouldn't stick a 120hz controller on some IPS panel produced for office PCs with shitty color response. It's also affected by the source. If your PC sends a 60hz signal to your display your display will be in 60hz/60p mode and refresh it 60 times a second, but if you play a 24fps video on your PC which is sending a 60hz signal you'll get judder. Setting it to 24hz can help. This is probably where y'all got confused, because the computer is giving the handshake for a 60hz refresh but sending a video that's renders 24 frames in a second, doesn't match up. There's also some issue with sources not being 24 frames per second exactly or something. It's an entire complicated bullshit scheme because of cameras and legacy source material and loose standards and all sorts of shit.

There may be controllers that really only refresh at 120hz and redisplay the frame and handle judder but I don't think that's likely in this day and age because of how advanced controllers are. For example back in 2012 or so intel and VESA demoed panel self refresh via eDP. It allowed the GPU to literally stop the physical refresh of the panel to save power, and it used a proto-form of what would become adaptive sync as the communication between GPU and panel controller. Some TVs now support VRR which means they effectively have the capability, so it stands to reason they can totally control their physical refresh rate.

"high end" tv's are the fedora of display technology

Attached: 1531739433767.png (1100x1100, 433K)

Some fat fuck on jewtube called Technology Connections explains all the whole 24 fps bullshit

Huh
eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-playstation-3d-display-review
>24p playback is also present for viewing Blu-ray movies (another welcome surprise), eliminating the additional judder you would see when watching material mastered at 24 frames per second converted to 60Hz. Instead we see smooth motion as intended by the film maker

So a niche product has an input board that supports underclocking the panel? Are you fucking retarded?

I never said any TV could do it, this whole chain started with me saying to get one that could

Micro led isn't consumer ready yet, you fucking mongoloid

nl bro, thank you for giving siswet to the world.

>Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, Hybrid Log Gamma

Attached: f8d.jpg (500x281, 22K)

Does it have free sync? Waiting on the holy grail of 4k/120 OLED and freesync with backlight strobe to reduce blur. Have a Vizio P65c1 now that I wouldn't mind upgrading from

Not really if you have money for both a TV and projector.
If you can only afford one get the TV because you’ll be able to use it in the daytime and at night, the projector will probably be better at night or in a completely dark room but useless in daytime.

KANKER

Attached: dank u.jpg (600x450, 65K)

>no displayport
No.

Attached: gabu.jpg (576x512, 53K)

what's the point of a 120hz panel when tv shows and consoles run at 60fps at best? just interpolation?
it's not like you're going to connect an oled tv to a computer (unless you really like the burn in)

projectors can never ever be as high contrast and vibrant as OLEDs.
>have to make the entire room dark to even get a decent image
fucking trash.

the TV in its entirety is actually 120Hz you mongoloid retard

there is no consumer mLED, so the OP is objectively right.

>using a tv in 2019

Attached: c0c.jpg (634x650, 45K)

it's just a huge (high quality) display. you don't have to watch television programming on it you retard.

How much cd/m2 and what contrast ratio?

Who cares about buzzwords.

what do you do with it faggot, install gentoo and program in emacs from the other side of the room?

are you too brainlet to connect your PC to a bigger screen aside your monitor?

Attached: 1554729675337.png (1217x1015, 708K)

cheap 4K VA TVs are the best deal, fuck OLED and their burn ins