NO NO NO YOU JUST CAN'T YANK OUT MY THUMB DRIVE YOU HAVE TO SAFELY EJECT IT NO NO DON'T TOUCH IT YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON...

>NO NO NO YOU JUST CAN'T YANK OUT MY THUMB DRIVE YOU HAVE TO SAFELY EJECT IT NO NO DON'T TOUCH IT YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE ICON FIRST. If you just STOP IF YOU JUST YANK IT OUT IT'LL ERASE EVERYTHING

Attached: 1517002668529.png (817x798, 92K)

>yank out my usb zip disquette from win10
>linux won't even mount it
the weak should fear the strong

How do you propose we deal with avoiding data loss?
>in b4 common sense
You overestimate the average windows user

>yank out the drive while you're modifying the directory structure of everything in the drive
I enjoy being devilish

literally never lost data in my life from yanking them out

>click "eject"
>my flash drive doesn't go flying out of the usb port

Attached: image.jpg (792x658, 218K)

I have lost data from yanking out drives on Windows, Linux, and OpenBSD.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Jow Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Jow Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

tell me a joke

I mean encouraging the user to check and make sure the device isn't being written to. Some USB 2.0s are pretty fucking slow and not all of them have a light to tell you it's being written to.

Attached: I4d7oou.jpg (535x462, 34K)

There's these three guys, a spic, a white guy and a nigger. They walk along the beach, they see this pot, they rub it, genie comes out. Genie says, you know, "You wish for anything you want." So, he asks the Mexican what he wants, and he goes "I want all my people in America to be happy and free and in Mexico." And so, genie - Poof! And, all the spics are in Mexico. And then he asks the nigger "What do you want?" And he goes "I want all my nigger brothers in America to be back in Africa and happy and everything." You know? So, genie goes poof! And all the niggers in America are in Africa. So the genie says to the white guy "What's your one wish?" And the white guy goes "You mean to tell me all the niggers and spics are out of America?" Genie goes, "Yeah." He says, "Well, um, I'll have a Coke, then."

Who the heck uses openbsd for what did you use it for?

this, a good system monitor is your friend
that little progress bar your OS shows you is a lie

Attached: jhdg.png (358x120, 5K)

see how it tapers off?

Attached: fhds.png (375x128, 5K)

>use Linux
>copy backup to flash drive
>file transfer complete
>pull out flash drive
>data loss
Why do file managers fucking lie?

Back when I was a freshman, my parents got me an external hard drive cause I wanted a new computer and a family friend told them to get that instead.
So I used it for everything including games n shit.
One day after playing Battlefield 2142, I just unplugged it cause I had to plug a different usb in. Forget what, but when I plugged the external back in nothing happened.
The shit got bricked and it was the first time I saw the dangers of not safely ejecting my data storage.

I safely ejected for like a couple months and now I just yank it out.
Fuck it

Attached: 1556626815961.gif (685x296, 308K)

name?

mmmm yummy pasta

not gonna lie, that got a kek outta me

or just run sync. It will exit when disk I/O is done. Safely eject seems to be the best option on Windows.

Windows immediately flushes buffers to disk to prevent this. It's slower, but safer.
Apparently Linux doesn't, or the option could be entirely dependent on what's mounting the disk (eg, your file manager, your DE, you did it manually, whatever), too.

I have lost the entire flash drive. It was no longer recognized when plugged into any computer.

How? By doing exactly what Microsoft has done. USB does not cache by default in newest win 10 builds because they know normies won't eject first. The solution is literally already in place.

made my breathing fluctuate

this reads like something a reditor would write