What's happening ?

What's happening ?

Attached: fw.png (2554x772, 461K)

no ram and tlc

kek when did Patriot switch production outside the US? I haven't looked at them since about 2005.

lower quality parts and cheaper labor

What am I looking at? You're surprised by SSD pricing?

dramless usually means slower random reads right ?

Attached: pw.png (901x700, 68K)

A year or two ago you would be paying this much for a sata 60gb ssd

I think the m.2 sticks with 2 notches only run at 6gb sata speed instead of PCIe speed.

Any ssd under 250gb is a joke.

NAND cartel is being broken up by China.

yea dude, storage be so funny XD

Yeah, but the difference is pretty minor. If you're upgrading from an hdd it will be blazing fast either way.

I'm not looking to buy personally, but it's interesting to look at current pricing.

what are the chinamen doing ? What do they have to gain by that ?

>upgrading
Flash storage is completely different tech than magnetic, it's not a direct upgrade. For example, an HDD platter will retain its data indefinitely, while flash storage will eventually leak electrons and corrupt data when left unpowered.

Price fixing affects sales in China and to China's oversea market.

I also heard rumors that the Chinese government wants to enter the dram market indirectly by supporting Chinese companies with funds and such. They want a slice of that crispy silicon pie

Its not a rumor, its a policy. 2025 is when they want to be the leader/match the world leaders in semiconductor/ai/robotics industry.

It will be interesting to whether they innovate or blatantly copy . Or both

This isn't unexpected, I heard industry analysts talk about SSD prices going down throughout 2019 bottoming out Q4 late last year. It's not just no-names, brand names are being forced to lower their prices thanks to the likes of Kingston undercutting the rest by a large margin. Kingston drives are pure garbage, btw, I hear 40% RMA-rates are common at retailers. Apparently Kingston's fine with it and simply replaces the drives (which makes you wonder what their actual cost is because that's a lot of bad drives). For the consumer it's obviously bad regardless, your data's gone and getting a replacement won't bring it back.

It's not a rumor and it's not "wants to enter", see
it's a policy and it's been in place for some time. While not on a very large scale as of now China's producing their own DDR4 memory chips. CPUs too, btw.

>CPUs too, btw.
Didn't AMD license some 1st gen ryzen stuff to China ?

Attached: sDzu-o5ez8Wfp3BvNFh86OO8AJ8pDIjxxV6vrQXAvTQ.jpg (799x1024, 193K)

When you're the leader, you have to innovate. But innovating is much harder than copying. Copying the lead to reach the top is much easier.

> For the consumer it's obviously bad regardless, your data's gone
If theres no backup, it wasn't important to begin with

My 16GB one's been working fine for almost a decade

>patriot
"AMERICAN" garbo shiet tier memory being sold at what it's worth.
scrap

Attached: 1554947754136.gif (400x400, 673K)

Well, for the last 3 years manufacturers have been colluding and fixing the prices. This is the same with RAM.

Then all of a sudden tlc came along which got rid of the expensive dram, and the m.2 connector let manufacturers use a much smaller pcb.

This should've happened like 2 years ago, but now that the market is so saturated, with this shit being made everywhere, not just China, it's easy to watch the prices collapse thankfully.

>Indefinitely
I *click* beg *click* to *click* differ *spins down one last time*

well, the platter will hold the data. The motor or the read/write head might fail. Assuming the head doesn't actually strike the platter you can recover your data easily.

>easily
>need a lab with filtered air and tools
>need replacement parts
OR
>remember to power on your ssd every x amount of time

My main point was that the data is held almost indefinitely as opposed to nand. Doesn't matter , as long as you have proper backups on different storage types.

I have a HD around where the magnetization of its sync and alignment cylinder has faded so much that it cannot spin up successfully anymore.

You never of the patriot act user?