Holy kek and I thought Jow Forums was being ironic

Attached: trans0.jpg (750x563, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Su4B29zh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Imarm
abdul please

>applicants to a programmer job are the same as programmers

Normalfags are being pushed to learn to program, but people with around average intelligence aren't capable of programming at a high level.

oh shi doxxed
these are applicants with CS degrees

*tips*

>t. seething brainlet

Applicants with fake CS degrees you mean.

>February 2007
You're a bit late to the party, aren't you OP?

Back in the days of MS-DOS 5, I learned to script and code by myself. The first thing I did was to learn how to make batch files so I could tweak the autoexec.bat file to insane levels even giving it mouse support so I could select what games I wanted the PC to boot up for specifically. Then I moved on to QBasic and thought, "I can make a game like DOOM with this!!!" and was able to make a 3D environment, but it could only support like 32 or 64 lines for a 3D wireframe, god that was horrible. I finally found C++ during the Quake 1 era and made a bunch of retarded shit. I also always compressed my code as much as it could be, by hand, in whatever script or code I was using, like in this simple bat file. I made a couple OSs for myself and wish I still had them. At one time, I would stay awake for 72 hours then sleep 48 hours and that was my day/night cycle, just sitting in front of a screen hacking out code the entire time I was awake.

The biggest thing I learned was that any code you don't come back to within a month may as well be someone else's code and for damn sure you had better comment the fuck out of the code. I also learned that hand coded made everything so much more streamlined, clean, and bloat free. Even stuff as simple as Javascript and HTML markup was getting heavy ass bloat as more people started using programs to design webpages instead of hand coding things in an editor. Of course today everything is massive bloat and almost no one does hand coding except for special projects.

Seriously though, fuck coding, it sucks your soul out. But, it really is the only thing a person can do to get exactly what they want. So, I can understand why people don't like to code to the point that when they have a job that involves coding they don't take the time to actually learn it. It seems like they are in it for social cool factor, but don't know shit and don't have the mind for it. You really do need to be on an autistic spectrum to be good at coding.

Attached: steganography bat.png (216x1736, 29K)

>CS degrees

That literally doesn't mean anything at all. You may as well has said, "They have a degree in Copy & Paste."

>Holy kek and I thought Jow Forums was being ironic
no, these horrors exist. I still remember a speech given by a well known video game musician from years ago where he was in hysterical laughter over how every job applicant he had to review for his business didn't know what machine language was, never seen an assembler, didn't know how hexadecimal or binary worked yet they somehow passed a CS course? what the main cause of the problem is this: universities/colleges more interested in money than educating. they will take students into courses after paying considerable sums of cash and ignore their obvious weaknesses in education (like english, mathematics and basic computer skills), especially if this student is an international student on a visa from some god forsaken street shitting shithole.

>The biggest thing I learned was that any code you don't come back to within a month may as well be someone else's code and for damn sure you had better comment the fuck out of the code
you're spot on. this is important.

>didn't know how hexadecimal or binary worked

God, you'd made me remember editing system files in hexadecimal.

That's fucked. I can't program for shit and I'd never consider going for a programming gig, and even I can slap together a fizzbuzz. What were they hoping would happen if they got through hiring?

People were right about most applicants not knowing how to program. They're wrong about the reason being normalfags or SJWs or pajeets or whatever.

Most CS grads or self-taught developers with a portfolio aren't a part of that pile of 200 applicants. They network, they market themselves and have recruiters reach out to them, they know friends or co-workers, and they get internships by referral. The vast majority of decent programmers will only apply for one, maybe three jobs in their lifetime, and mostly as a formality.

That leaves the rest of the scum on job boards to flood every position they can find with hundreds of applications. It's a small section of the overall CS grad and self-taught programmer population, but they're over represented since they're the kind who can't market themselves, never networked in school or among local professionals, and are even lifelong fraudsters who can't program at all but rely on getting lucky just once to stay afloat for a few months or years before scamming another company.

>what is self documenting code
badly written code with comments is still badly written

>2007

Better badly documented code with comments than badly documented code with "but code is supposed to be self-documenting" excuses.
Whenever someone tells you not to comment your code, it's safe to disregard their opinion. The correct advice is to comment why are things done this way, not what is happening.

You think the problem is fixed in 2019 where the majority is probably self-taught or fresh off a coding bootcamp?

code comments are for plebs.

absolutely this
>OSs
do you mean user interfaces and menus or actual operating systems with kernels and everything?

you've been programming for at most half a year newfag

> Most good programmers should be able to write out on paper a program which does this in a under a couple of minutes.
Who the fuck write programs using pen and papers?

rate my fizzbuzz lads(no bully)

Attached: Screenshot_20190508_162301.png (431x118, 8K)

Over 1/3rd of the US population has an IQ under 90. To put that into perspective, an IQ of 90 means you can't effectively translate written instructions into actions. 16% of the US population has an IQ under 83. At an IQ of 83, you are unable to learn any productive skills regardless of time investment.

These people are trying to become programmers.

if the latest article you can find about the subject is from 2007, then yes it is.

Thats fucking racist. Go back to Jow Forums with your white supremacist rhetoric. This is a tech board we dont need literal nazis here.

This is industry standard dumbass

>t. Neet cuck who's only project was fizzbuzz

Are comments redpilled?

No, they're cringe and bluepilled.
But they make understanding what is happening a lot easier and save a lot of time.

I have to bully you

most of states in US have average IQ of a Western European country. You are just making shit up every sentence. I'm an Europoor too, you French Mohammeds make us look like arrogant pieces of shit. I think you should fuck off when you don't know what you're talking about.
retard, hopefully a bait.

>2007

I wonder how many of these failed applicants are the type of pajeets that distributed answer keys among the students at my university

>Over 1/3rd of the US population
source

>16% of the US population
source

>These people are trying to become programmers.
source that these specific individuals are trying to become programmers

>To put that into perspective, an IQ of 90 means you can't effectively translate written instructions into actions.
Any source on that?
I have intuitive understanding of dumbness of normal people, but I don't really know how exactly are they dumb.

Facts aren't racist you pussydrip.

noice b8 m8

CS tards eternally and irrevocably BTFO

Im getting my masters in web dev what about that degree?

Proper retards at an IQ of 70 can learn to do productive work. I'm assuming you have an IQ lower than that.

*for a certain definition of "productive work"

the first two are just basic math assuming a mean IQ of 100 and a standard deviation of 15 with a normal distribution, which is what IQ is supposed to conform to.

>want to be plumber
>no idea what a pipe is
>can't wire a toilet
>apply to plumber job
>they tell me I need "certification" and "trade school"
>tell them I went to a plumbing bootcamp and call them sexist
>they still don't give me the job

Attached: 51205069_2087456944707798_3692547061279883264_n.jpg (616x960, 73K)

>woman
>plumber

>woman
>programmer

>washing machines don't need programming

I thought we were talking about women programming, not programming women

You're thinking of dishwashers.
Women aren't machines but animals.

It's even worse today. I can't find capable young coders for my business. Our main guy is 62 and all the 20-30 that I review are not even close to his level.

I'd find it hard to believe in 2019, with the advent of websites and books on 'how to hack programming interview', there'd be anyone who can't write simple fizzbuzz program.

You think you are going to find a 20 something year old person that has the same level of skill as someone that probably has 40 years of experience?

Did this 62 year-old start programming at 54?

Barebones shit. I don't even remember a tenth of that or the other crap I used to code. That was 20-30 years ago. lol

This is how you purpose build bugs into your systems.

>Most CS grads or self-taught developers with a portfolio aren't a part of that pile of 200 applicants. They network, they market themselves and have recruiters reach out to them, they know friends or co-workers, and they get internships by referral. The vast majority of decent programmers will only apply for one, maybe three jobs in their lifetime, and mostly as a formality.
Can't stress this enough. Connections are everything in this field if you want to work with talented people.

>0,100
You failed.

It's because you're searching for coders.

>racist: Check
>Go back to Jow Forums: Check
>white supremacist rethoric: Check
>literal: Check
>nazis: Check
There isn't a bingo but if there was, congratulations, you won!

Last time I was hired through connections, it was for a shit company (of course, it didn't look like that at first). Recruiters who contact you are no better since they don't aim at finding you a job that stick to you, but to fill positions at any cost.
I learned my lesson and I chose the job and company to work for myself, so far so good.

The actual reason is just intelligence/IQ. The average IQ for college students has been decreasing since the 60s, so a larger proportion of students have problems succeeding in basically any field that requires thinking.

>2007
OP, why the fuck do you think we post ironic Fizzbuzzes on this board?? It is because of this fucking article, it has been a meme for TWELVE FUCKING YEARS!!! This is old as fuck. Why didn't you even think before you posted?

Who needs intelligence when you just need AI and a bunch of brainless consumers for the world to turn.

can i get programming job if i can traverse tree?
pastebin.com/Su4B29zh

> he needs 128 lines to traverse tree
nope

There's a comment on that article that sums it up well. If you're reading a blog about people not knowing how to do fizzbuzz, then you probably are already beyond the people who don't know fizzbuzz.