You have GOT to be fucking kidding me

>UHD Blu-ray drive just arrived, mounted and installed it.
>Also running a 64-bit Windows 10 PC.
>Installed PowerDVD 19
>Ready to watch 4Kino
>See this

Attached: what.jpg (2298x1418, 648K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873&2_SoftwareGuardExtensions=Yes with Intel® ME
makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who are you quoting?

Nvm, i figured it out.

>2019
>not being on AHD/PTP/HDB

This is what you deserve for using DRM-ridden proprietary software.

>Not buying a ASUS BW-16D1HT and flashing it to rip and decode 4k UHD Blu-rays to your NAS

Enjoy sucking that proprietary cock, cuckold

Haha.

Hahahahaha!

And here we faggot pirates are downloading 4K HDR X265 encoded rips and watching them smooth as baby shit via software decoding on old cpus with dav1d.

> 2019
> using powerdvd
jesus fucking christ.. i thought i had ended up in some wormhole that took me back to 2005.

>proprieturd software
>DRM
>4K memes
>Goyvidia
Totally deserved it

>HEVC
>dav1d
What?

Okay so I found out that I need Intel SGX HDCP 2.2 installed to even get 4K blu ray playback. But for some fucking reason, Nvidia cards don't even support that, even though A FUCKING 1080TI SHOULD IS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF RUNNING THAT SHIT!
So now I have to use my shitty CPU to even watch my shit, and I have to put up with Negrovidia's bullshit because they can't even put out 4K playback.

It's not a Novidia problem...it's an Intel problem...they cornered the market for 4k DRM... Nvidia's GPU's can do playback and transcoding for 4k in realtime it's just DRM.

Same goes for AMD gpu's ... the problem is the DRM that is only present on Intel Hardware.

Attached: 3ab.gif (291x247, 1.39M)

Well that's just fucking great. Now I have to find out if I have to update my CPU, get a core I5 or i7, or just get Coffee Lake to get the fucking thing running. Unless there's a bypass for the 4K DRM this is retarded.

drm ridden proprietary hardware*

>unironically purchasing movies
Yikes! and bluepilled.

honestly blu ray is the worst optical media to ever come out
the lock down of blu ray encryption and device drivers is the worst thing I have ever seen
never get it

The bypass is to return your blueray DRM reader and join a private tracker. Don't support these companies, you're doing exactly what they want you to do.

How do I know they're still open?

>capeshit
>kino
4k is useless faggot, there's no anime in 4k

how the fuck do I find a blu ray private tracker where the registration isn't closed yet?

Dude, the drm saved you from watching spidershit, the worst kind of capeshit. Be fucking grateful.

Seconding this. Get an old computer with IDE settings in BIOS and use DOSbox to downgrade the UHD friendly drives.

You don't really need an old computer for that you can do it from freedos from and from a modern one...

CAPESHITTING MANCHILD BLOWN THE F U C K OUT!

Attached: image.jpg (259x195, 38K)

This can't be real, i wanted to make a blue ray collection with my favorite movies using an usb blue ray Player and now you are saying me that i can't do that because i don't have an intel cpu?

kek

Pretty much.
I'd advise getting a cheap skylake prebuilt so you can attach a cheap Bluray drive to it.

See list for reference...
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873&2_SoftwareGuardExtensions=Yes with Intel® ME

So I found out my 1080Ti didn't have a firmware update for DisplayPort 1.4. I guess that explains why my PowerDVD thought I can't play my 4K discs.
But after I went and updated it, the fucker STILL says I can't play it. And now I have to don't know whether it's because I'm not using a DP 1.4 cable (or HDMI 2.2 cable) or I need to go buy a 4K monitor that actually has HDR support (and FreeSync too).

[spoiler]I currently own a cheap 4K monitor but it's got NO HDR support so I don't know if that's needed for 4K blu-rays or anything else.[/spoiler]

>piracy is easier than getting legit copies of the movies.

>falling for obvious b8

You'd best hope it supports libredrive, not sure if that's the only workaround though

For the record, I HAVE ripped the disc using Makemkv and downgrading my optical drive, but I'm only using the free evaluation version. So unless I can find another way to play my discs, I'm fucked.

90% of anime is shit. All copies of each other and not creative in anyway. If you think capeshit is shit, then I sure hope your anime tastes are just as pretentious. I wonder how many more isekai anime clones will be released before they switch to the next hot thing

>Blu-ray
>PowerDVD
Wtf dude

Always use their beta version and look up the free key on their forums
makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

>Blu-ray drive just arrived

are you posting from the past?

>paying for stuff that doesnt work

Attached: serveimage.png (633x758, 16K)

dafuq man!!

Attached: bd86a831-a648-4667-9caf-71746c79ca11..jpg (980x694, 330K)

drm ridden proprietary hardware and software*

he got excited

anime is upscaled from 720p anyway lol

It's also more ethical at this point. Hollywood hasn't made any good movies in nearly a decade.

are we talking the ones from Funimation releases?

i never understood their system. i can rip as many dvds as i want but when i rip bds i get evaluation period unless i update makemkv in which case evaluation resets. you're saying that i can use makemkv for as long as i want until next update with that key? well, the thing is they usually roll out new beta before my evaluation runs out lol.

the joys of pr*prietary software :^)

to my knowledge and based on what other anons have told me all major studios do this. i don't know the specifics - you have to fact check that yourself.

BluRay on PC is fucking riddled with confusing standards and requirements on DRM and the retarded companies wonder why it's not taking off.

Zoomers don't buy dedicated players and Sony PlayStation doesn't have 4K support.

It's laughable that the best 4K Bluray player is arguably the Xbox One X/S

Heck I have a bluray external drive that I got for free and I've not used it because burning blurays when no one else has bluray drives is not worth it and jumping through DRM cestpool hoops is retarded.

based

>90% of anime is shit
true, but even the shit ones are better than 100% of the 3d movies/shows. what can we do, we don't live in a perfect world, the majority is always going to be shit for anything.

Nvidia GPUs can 100% do it, cause the HDCP 2.2 is required for 4k netflix, and a GTX 1030 3GB card is capable of 4k netflix streaming.

If a GTX 1030 can do it, I assume a GTX 1080Ti can too.

Though i know it can be an issue with multiple monitors, where BOTH monitors need to support the proper HDCP 2.2 stream, even if you're only playing it at 4k on the 4k monitor.

>being this much of a normie cuck
>windows
>actually buying a bluray player for pc
>drm software and hardware
>all just to watch nigger spiderman fuck peter parkers wife
Yikes

>Sony PlayStation doesn't have 4K support
This is so laughably fucking dumb, especially cause Sony are the ones who fucking invented Blu ray in the first place, you'd think they'd give a shit about support for 4K discs but they're just lazy shits.
No wonder Xbone S is the only decent 4K player right now.

>FLOSS

trannies asking to push more politically correct terms into the code's comments

>propriechad

19yo child prodigy engineers straight from ETH Zürich making ground-breaking performance tweaks for their chad subscription-based clients

>all just to watch nigger spiderman fuck peter parkers wife
he didn't even hit on his wife, he's busy fucking his dead ex-gf.
also don't pretend live-action capeshit is better, they're all fucking trash.

Their basic system is: Rip as much DVDs as you want, but Blu-Rays require you to register (pay).
No matter the version, you get a one month trial period (as with most freeware), before you have to pay for Blu-Ray ripping.

However, it almost seems like MakeMKV is run by human beings, so they decided that they won't charge you for beta testing their software (they also provide the source code for Linux users, as they don't distribute Linux builds, which I quite appreciate). Their usual trial system is still in place, but they regularly post free registration keys for the beta version on their forum.
>you're saying that i can use makemkv for as long as i want until next update with that key? well, the thing is they usually roll out new beta before my evaluation runs out lol.
Yes, the current system basically allows you to use MakeMKV indefinitely with their free keys. I'm using it for more than a year now to rip Blu-Rays.

>sneaky microshitter shill claiming ps4 doesnt do 4k

Rumors have it that it's because they want to sell you 4K blu-ray in the PS5 which supposedly has the 4 layer blu-ray disc support.

If you had any sort of reading comprehension you'd realize that when taken in context, he was referring to 4k blu-rays which the PS4 as a matter-of-fact does not support.

It's not a claim, it's a non-deniable fact.

Attached: 1530413817238.png (789x720, 434K)

>UHD Blu-ray
>GPU are not even capable of playing back with Dolby Vision
why bother?

KEK
NVIDIA HAS NO DRIVERS

Attached: qrqxemmebin21.png (960x640, 335K)

PS4 doesn't do UHD bluray movies. this has been a known fact for a while.

If you think 100% of non anime is shit, then you are just a contrarian faggot

Look mom I posted it again!

post something good fag

Pulp fiction, Schindler's list, Forest gump, Saving private ryan, Star wars, Star trek, The pianist, Amelie, etc, etc

I don't understand, why don't you open a mkv in mpchc?

I'm not here to spoon feed you. Maybe instead of watching moeblob insekai ecchi garbage, you do some research into good films from various countries

Nah. Makemkv forums have a new application that downgrades several Asus and LG drives to UHD friendly form for rips.

To play a UHD direct from disc requires Intel Kabylake CPU and 20xx GpU for some fucking arbitrary reason .

I have a dedicated home theater and I rip 4k HDR Blu Ray to my PC and takes 30 minutes to do so. Kind of a pain, but with Madvr tonemapping to my projector, it looks god tier on my screen.

Physical media is dying, but not yet.

Kiddo, I've probably seen more movies than you will in your short tranny life, from almost every non-nigger country in this world.
Some of them were ok at the time, but you know the rules "You have to be 18 years or older to post here".
I don't even know what this moeblob insekai is, but i bet it's still better than your fucking braindead nostalgia gay romcom/drama.
At least have some confidence in your shit tastes, even if they're didacted by reddit. Your insecure projections are really disgusting.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

@70869571
absolute cringe cancer, not even worth a (you)

are you dumb? You're the one defending anime...

I still only have DVDs.

>blu-ray
>powerdvd
>capeshit
this is bait, right? right?

bahahaaha, good taste, generic redditor #122399

Your entire chain need to support HDCP 2.2.

Jesus Christ you cheap nigger. MakeMKV is a fantastic piece of software, I’ve ripped hundreds of DVDs, Blus, and UHDs with it. It’s worth the money, just buy it.

>Brain.exe has stopped working
No, butthurt faggot, I'm not defending anime since it doesn't need to be defended.
You're desperately defending live action and I'm just telling you to either educate yourself or accept being a pleb. No need to derail an already useless thread. You should be thankful that I bothered replying to you opposed to this tard Have sex and good night

Sure you did. Pretty obvious that you're just a retard trying to cope. There are plenty of good live action shows but you are either a full blown contrarian because your life is pathetic or you just have absolute shit taste in everything

Anime can't really be defended. majority of it is garbage. Nothing wrong with enjoying trash but some people defend anime like it's the best medium in the world.

>it's an OP didn't bother to do an even cursory google search before buying something episode

You missed
>capeshit

>all this for nigger spider-man
top kek

Just go watched blacked you fucking propietary drm cuck

>expecting not to be cucked by DVD companies when it comes to PC playback
Just rip the fucking disc.

So I went and ripped the whole movie, now I can play it but what sucks is I can't make any webms out of it. I mean the file size alone just makes Premiere Pro BTFO.

Attached: spider4k.jpg (720x790, 116K)

You can always reencode it to save more space. Alternatively (if not being able to edit a short clip is your only concern) you can use a more robust tool like ffmpeg to make a rough trim and then feed the output to your video editor.

I bet kdenlive can take it, if it can't just shop it up with ffmpeg -acodec copy -vcodec copy into smaller pieces.