/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>i5-9400F/9600K - Great gaming CPUs
>R5 2600/X - Great multithreaded use CPUs
>i7-9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 57836af7c3d9ca297892db5f2749d363.jpg (736x1000, 564K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computex-forum.azurewebsites.net/Forum/PressConference
europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: seriouscatcover.jpg (297x297, 13K)

When can I expect the price for RTX cards to drop? Is it reasonable to expect sometime this year?

Never.

>Nvidia
>drop prices
good joke.

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
we have a joker here
>t.Nvidia employee

When OP stops being a faggot.

>people still wait for poovi
lmao

Attached: navi.png (1695x857, 748K)

How do Crucial SSDs compare to Samsung's? Any particular SSD brands I should stay away from? Not including the AliExpress ones.

Attached: mehro12106_4.jpg (2192x1777, 1.64M)

>lmao

They are obviously shit.
Higher price = better. No exceptions.

Hello merchant.

What do you mean?
Buy intel, Nvidia and Samsung. They are good products absolutely worth the high prices why would I lie to you user just buy it.

Gotta sucker some people into buying Shitel.

Attached: 1556885951910.png (1800x850, 216K)

>Intel, Nvidia
>high prices
Just because AMD can barely match i5 and 2060 performance doesn't mean anything better than that is expensive.

>AMD CPU's weak in emulation
>AMD GPU's also weak in emulation
Yeah, this is totally nvidia and intels fault. It's not because AMD still uses GCN or that they refuse to focus on single core preformance.

>this one is cool, because it's an owl, and owls are cool

Where's April?

>i5-9400F
can you overclock it since it's non-k?
And do you have any upgrade path or will i have to change mobo in 1y as usual

Attached: 1524410907778.jpg (276x277, 8K)

No overclocking allowed sorry please buy K CPU if you would like to do that.
Also no XMP please buy our premium Z chipset if you want fast ram.
Please understand this is for your own good, thank you.

No OC
No upgrade path unless you get Z390 and stay with 8th/9th gen
Also no memory OC unless you go with aforementioned price premium motherboard

>Happy af because my waterblock is finally here
Boomers will hate this

Attached: 20190508_150831.jpg (1440x1080, 588K)

Does it have RGB?

Yes but you can remove it

I see
Can you get a cheaper build with it vs a 2600?
With piss cheap mobo and ram?

Because I assume a 2600OC'd will perform the same or better at least at 1440p

>can you overclock it since it's non-k?
No but already beats oc'ed 2600x so it's fine

if you want to play at 1440p you'll see very little difference, it's mostly GPU bound

you can make a cheaper build with piss cheap mobo and ram but again no upgrade path. but seriously don't get cheap mobo, I've done it in the past and regret it.

2600 build you can OC, upgrade, and get the same performance at 1440p

>if you want to play at 1440p
Do some people still game at 1080p in 2019 really?

Attached: 1552506208281.jpg (540x539, 49K)

If he asks for 1440p then obviously 9400f is better since it's cheaper.

Lots of people according to Steam data. I would hope most of them at least have a 144hz monitor.

>it's cheaper.
post 2 pcparts builds one with 9400f and one with 2600 let's see the difference

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-05-18-58-33~2.png (1018x1495, 1.78M)

I see monitors have all these fancy technologies like overdrive and such.
Can someone list those technologies and what do they do?

Pic unrelated

Attached: n64.png (849x458, 48K)

I wish parts could get cheaper.

>le amd is a better deal meme

But MUH CORES

f*ck off tripf*g

we're comparing 2 6c processors dumb tripfag

it's not even about amd, the 9400f is just a pos and only in the OP for shilling reasons

So are the Samsung 960 PROs worth it over the EVOs? Looking for a 1TB SSD to fill my empty M.2 slot, and I'm wondering if the extra ~$100 is necessary, since they both use the PCIe bus.

Attached: 1524099310820.png (544x921, 626K)

lol OP is some indian Jow Forums spammer obsessed with AMD. He is probably rocking a celeron someone threw away while he combs over the prices of parts all day.

Holy shit JD you're a madman.

Why the fuck are you tripping, idiot?

The 9400f mobos are almost always more expensive, but it's probably a $50-100 difference. It'll get more fps for most games and I wouldn't call it complete trash, but honestly it'll come down to preference and maybe 10 fps.

i want a small-ish form factor case
ill be using it for text editor stuff and very light gaming
price isnt an issue but I would like it to be reasonable, I already have a 770gtx so i dont need a gpu

I'm unironically upset hearing these remarks because I'm tired of having 2070 performance out of reach at it's price point. I rely on AMD to help lower the prices of last gen cards because Nvidia won't.

GTX 1660 or RX 590? My R9 280 just bit the dust and I need a new GPU, currently getting by with an 8500GT. Maybe a used 1070? My poor FX-6350 will be bottlenecked to shit, but I can't really afford to upgrade my entire PC rn

zen 2 when?

Why? I thought the 2600X is just straight up better out of the box anyway?

20 days

sauce?

computex-forum.azurewebsites.net/Forum/PressConference

but that is not release date.

Slight price cuts to rtx rumored for computex along with the launch of 2070ti. 2080ti will probably remain the same price imo.

nobody said anything about release date user

When Zen 2 releases will we be able to buy first gen ryzens for a few bucks?
Like an 1700/x for 70$ or 90-100$ cpu+mobo ?

Attached: Quark-ferengi-9330446-581-740.jpg (581x740, 85K)

fugg, i want it so bad. the wait is killing me, i am this close to getting a 2700x.

Attached: oh fuck off.jpg (906x456, 146K)

you will know in 20 days if wait is worth it, probably

You've waited this long, what's another 2-3 months of waiting?
Don't settle for a 2700x

>2-3 months
plz no

it would make sense to release in Q3 or even Q1 '20 since AMD is dominating sales rn, why compete against yourself?

Enthusiasts will still buy 9900xs no matter what anyways

Attached: 1525244221389.jpg (605x685, 77K)

>Enthusiasts will still buy 9900xs no matter what anyways
That is like 10 frames higher for almost triple the price (all things considered MB and all)

redpill me on the 9900KF

I cannot fucking decide, buy 2600X or wait for 3000 series?

The deal right now with 2 games that I could sell is fantastic, price/perf wise.

2600X for 180 euro, from which I can sell the games for 50-60 euro.

120-130 euro for 2600X.

Thoughts?

Attached: 1233731_0__71170.jpg (1280x1280, 69K)

That's the case for pretty much any company.

TomsHardware tested them and they raech higher clocks but imo definitely not worth it because the iGPU is for certain programs optimized and the best.

>because the iGPU is for certain programs optimized and the best.
sure, but there ARE plenty of people who will literally never use those optimized programs, and as such, the iGPU is useless for them.

I wouldn't recommend the 9900KF over the 9900K for most people, but there are some niche users who will love it.

I already have a 1080Ti which is bottlenecked to hell and beyond by a 4670k on 165Hz 1440p. I dont' care about the iGPU. Should I wait for Zen 2 or just pay the jews for this CPU?

go for it
3000 ain't going to be any cheaper
upgrade later on

how bad is your current rig, if any?

If you can, wait for details on Zen 2 in 20 days, then decide.

Zen 2 will be roughly equivalent to the 9900k.

So about the only thing waiting will do is maybe get you the same performance at a lower price, but you'll need to wait for july (rumored 7/7 launch).

good idea

true, i almost forgot about the benchmark from January. let's hope the chip they used for that is not the top end.

>let's hope the chip they used for that is not the top end.
Odds aren't good there, you know for a fact AMD would use the BEST chip in their arsenal for the first performance demos, with the hope that the majority of the production chips will meet those same results.

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything surpassing those results outside maybe a few niche benchmarks that got optimized.

I could definitely use an upgrade, but waiting 20 days for details probably won't hurt me.

I don't know though. If it wasn't for that game bundle, I'd have been patiently waiting right now.

How much of an improvement are we expecting?

Attached: Speccy64_2019-05-08_18-44-29.png (459x400, 20K)

Just go straight for SK Hynix, ignore the rebranders

then i hope it won't cost 500 Merkels which is the current price for the 9900k

these cases scare me because of dust/bugs.
Sure bugs can get in through normal cases too but not as much as a case like that.

Yeah that is a good bet, probably $380-420.

>get a monitor
>has an annoying and distracting dead pixel in the middle of the screen
>lol just live with it faggot, thanks for the 200-400$
Uhuuuhhhh, so what I am getting form this is don't buy new monitors.

if you live in Germany you can return the monitor within two years. Zero questions asked.

I mean, it's been the case for decades.

If you shop from amazon you can at least return it once or twice on their dime, but even amazon won't just let you keep returning panels until you find the one golden sample without any defects.

And it gets worse the more pixels you have, a 4k panel is almost assuredly going to have a handful of fucked up pixels somewhere on the panel, but due to the pixel density, you'll have a hard time spotting them without paying attention and potentially using a magnifying glass.

ah ze germans, always quality.
but seriously I don't. And I literally refuse to buy a monitor if it has a dead pixel. Sure if it's in the literall corner who gives a shit, but if it's any where close to the center it's literally a broken product and I refuse to buy products that accept that as "acceptable"

>I mean, it's been the case for decades.
what I have right now is 24inch 1080p with zero dead pixels.

Good luck there, even $1500+ professional panels will explicitly state in their pixel policy that a singular dead/stuck pixel is not likely to be grounds for a replacement panel (as the replacement panel would almost assuredly have similar defects)

Even Eizo (one of the high end monitor manufacturers) covers bright pixels, dark/dead pixels aren't covered at all.

And bright pixels are only for the first 6 months of the monitor.

Attached: 2019-05-08 12_51_33.png (954x402, 28K)

Need advice guys,

So i was given leftover pc parts for free, the problem is that the video card is gtx 1060, never used,
i do not want to upgrade it for not, but i will upgrade gpu for cyberpunk 2077.
What i need help is to decide what monitor to buy, i want an IPS monitor with 144hz, but the 1440p currenlty is of no use to me.
I doubt i'll even be able to use it with gtx1060
And i have no ideo what to choose in 1080p IPS 144hz area, was thinking about asus VG279Q
but the negative reviews about QA problems makes it hard to decide.
So what should i do about monitor?

it is required by law. You return it to the shop then it is up to the shop to do whatever with it. Germany has its own problems true, but jewing customers on defective items is not one of them.

>what I have right now is 24inch 1080p with zero dead pixels.
I didn't say all panels had issues, I said the pixel policy has been the same for decades.

At lower resolutions like 1080p, it's easier to find a good panel, when resolutions go up, the chance of pixel defects ALSO goes up.

There is a reason the industry can pump out sub $300 4k panels, and it's not cause they're just soooo good at it, it's cause most people wont notice a handful of pixel defects on a panel like that unless they're autistic and super anal about that shit.

Bullshit.

Sorry, but if the manufacturer does not consider a dark pixel to be a defect, then you can't claim that it is.

The entire industry does this, no one is going to keep shipping you panels until you find a perfect one.

Claim whatever you want, but that screenshot is from their GLOBAL pixel policy, it's the policy they use EVERYWHERE.

its not 2 years, its 15 days if ordered from online shop, its EU law

listen my American friends. you have to understand that Germany has very strict rules when it comes to consumer warranty and your global pixel policies don't mean jack shit here. Two years is the basic warranty which is applied on every electronic item with very few exceptions like DVD movies and that sort.

Does anyone have any experience with pic related, ViewSonic VX2458-MHD. Is it worth spending ~50 more on an AOC, Acer or higher end Viewsonic?

Attached: Viewsonic.png (1216x570, 184K)

Lmao, then NO ONE would sell monitors in Germany, period.

No monitor manufacturer currently would have the capabilities of making monitors that good.

On a panel with 8.1 MILLION pixels, you HONESTLY think a single dead pixel is something a manufacturer would ACTUALLY consider a defect?

You're paying $10000+ before you hit class 1 monitors that actually promise that level of quality.

You're an idiot, it's impossible for the current panel production to meet the standards you want. Return all the panels you want, but you're delusional if you think they're REQUIRED to keep sending you panels until you get one you like.

Just because we have the right to return something with even a minor defect, doesn't mean everyone actually does that retard. Most people are completely ignorant of things like dead pixels.

alright bud, just don't cry.

Attached: 1495426826577.jpg (960x686, 215K)

And if you do it more than a handful of times at the same store, expect to no longer be a welcome customer.

No business is gonna deal with that level of autism.

Go ahead and give a try. Even if by law you're ALLOWED to, they're just gonna stop selling to you if you keep doing it. Refund you the money and tell you to take a hike and shop somewhere else.

If it's worth all that hassle just to get a "perfect" panel, I guess you can go right ahead.

>it's IMPOSSIBLE!
like mentioned before I have a 24, 1080p monitor with zero fucked pixels.
It's not impossible at all, they just want to increase their selling margin and customers put up with it.
Good goys.

>navi expected to be bad like vega
>vega was literally made irrelevant with 1070ti
>theres no 2070ti
????????

>all these cucked ameripoors who are so used to sucking corporate dick that they have no idea what actual consumer protection is and are completely baffled by it
this is pretty funny

europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm

>like mentioned before I have a 24, 1080p monitor with zero fucked pixels.
again, no one is talking about 1080p monitors from the mid 2000s

1080p is not that many pixels.

1440p, 2160p, 2880p, etc high pixel densities like that, it gets much more difficult to avoid defects.

>implying I don't
Mate it doesn't that THAT many attempts to get a flawless panels. As if store clerks give a fuck lol get a life.
You sound like you have dead pixels that you pretend to be OK with but it's eating you up inside?

>1ms response time
Ahaaa, no. They are literally lying that, because that is "kinda" achieved through strobing, it doesn't actually talk about the pixel response time being good, it's a gimmick they found to market slower shittier monitors to customers who don't know any better.