The -only- browser that has zero spyware and is truly free

spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html
Also, spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html and spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html . :^)

Attached: icecat_logo.png (128x128, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/60.3.0/
f-droid.org/en/packages/org.gnu.icecat/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/
chocolatey.org/packages/icecat
prism-break.org/en/all/#web-browsers
blog.torproject.org/noscript-temporarily-disabled-tor-browser
connect.linaro.org.s3.amazonaws.com/sfo17/Presentations/SFO17-417-SEL4.pdf
github.com/privacytoolsIO/privacytools.io/issues/274
privacytools.io/browsers/
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=17619
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
gitlab.com/SparrowOchon/FXRMP
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

“We don’t create binaries as they use non-free software.”

??

ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/60.3.0/

???

f-droid.org/en/packages/org.gnu.icecat/

they mean windows and mac binaries.

To compile FF for windows since ages you NEED visual studio. Mingw may work but unsupported.
When mingw was the main target FSF provided windows versions, they are OK with providing free software for non-free OS' (considered a part of converting people to free software) but they won't go as far as to get windows and VS.

so? just compile it bruv

>literal shit-tier cuck website used as evidence
I'm sold!

>buzzwords followed by a simple 'its bad, lol'
just like ur opinion m8

Im convinced!

Attached: 1348764844816.png (244x226, 2K)

I'm not going back to trannyfox, of any kind.

Compelling argument!

>The -only- browser blabla zero spyware
For reallsies?

What is compiling? I know absolutely nothing about programming, but I would like some privacy browsing for windows.

>using a privacy oriented browser
>on windows

Mozilla already using clang-cl instead of MSVC.

Can I install NoScript and DownThemAll on it?

Today, OP was not a faggot

>years between releases
>security updates never
good if you never allow javascript i guess

Not him, but he means binaries for Windows

>spyware.neocities.org/articles/
>Ungoogled-Chromium
>Tor Browser
>Not Spyware
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Losedows useds can install IceCat using chocolatey.org/packages/icecat

>he fell for the anything tangentially related to chromium is botnet meme

It supports modern FF addons.

>trusting a 3rd party to compile your browser.

prism-break.org/en/all/#web-browsers

Attached: Screenshot_20190508_111918.png (1025x329, 33K)

It is not a mene, google is in control of chromium, all you can do is remove their services and hope nothing slipped through.
Tor Browser is fine.

Based and totally correctpilled, but reminder that Prism break also still pushes outdated FUD about Ubuntu-based distributions being compromised by Amazon, when that hasn't been true for years and even then was only true on the now-dead Unity desktop.

>tor is spyware

Attached: 1554617794907.jpg (533x594, 43K)

Hey at least my url related didn't say neocities in it.

>It is not a mene
You're right. It's not a mene, it's a meme.
>google is in control of chromium
Indeed.
>all you can do is remove their services
which is what Ungoogled and the other privacy Chromium forks do.
>and hope nothing slipped through.
You say that like it's just a total blind crapshoot and not a carefully-considered effort.
>Tor Browser is fine.
Not fine. Moz://a's recent add-on blunder caused many of TBB's security protections to be disabled. That doesn't sound very reliable to me.

>Losedows useds
lmao stealing this

Ubuntu has other other problems today like real telemetry, popcon and wierd connections like motd ads. Lots of stuff running in the background users don't know about. Amazon is still installed, but not enabled though, do here's your touche.

>Tor Browser is fine.
blog.torproject.org/noscript-temporarily-disabled-tor-browser
>don't forget to enable addons signatures when mozilla unfucks their shit, it's a (((security))) feature!
>normandy is enabled, mozilla can tweak every tor browser remotely
Right.

Software has bugs. Shit happens. Welcome to technology. If you think you're better by using Google Chrome now, go ahead, nobody will miss you.

Install Iridium.

Attached: 1548056970970.png (2560x1410, 239K)

>hell, I'll take two up the ass as long as it's not google amirite?
Proud cиck at its finest.

Well, at least it's not huge and thick so it.s the lesser evil to deal with bugs than yo deal with plain malware.

Attached: 1556936184479.png (641x852, 132K)

>Software has bugs. Shit happens. Welcome to technology.
It shouldn't have to be that way.
connect.linaro.org.s3.amazonaws.com/sfo17/Presentations/SFO17-417-SEL4.pdf
>Google Chrome
once again the false dichotomy

Oh christ this stupidity again. IceCat is basically just the same as Firefox, only FSF-level autism. Everything in IceCat can be handled in Firefox - you want to install HTTPS Everywhere, disable telemetry, turn off the DRM-capable sandbox etc.. .all of that can be done easily if it bother you.

There's no real reason to use IceCat over Firefox and it isn't like Firefox is some massive issue with privacy to begin with even if you keep stock Release line settings. Jesus.

>t. projecting cuck

Yeah, that's the meme, but not reality. You'd know if you'd take a second to look the topic up and do some reasearch before posting.

>only FSF-level autism
Your bluepill is glowing.

github.com/privacytoolsIO/privacytools.io/issues/274

Nice try CIA.

>IceCat is basically just the same as Firefox
If you can't/refuses to read the obvious in the OP... then yes, every browser is the same as firefox.

Pale Moon

And yet the actual official site still lists Brave
privacytools.io/browsers/
Install Brave

Attached: brendanbrave.png (1280x720, 711K)

But I'm already using Firefox, which tops the list.

>AdNauseam extension blocked:
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504

>Important: NoScript users and our support:
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=17619

>Pale Moon Official Branding Violation #86:
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

Attached: 1527690176499.png (1280x441, 345K)

Icefox exists because debian made a custom icon for firefox, and firefox said don't do that, because branding, and debian went all snitty and created a fork because they didn't like being told.
Pussy crybabies. Debians's icon was shitty, anyways.

Attached: 1556995104555.jpg (1280x1024, 507K)

See

You're confusing IceCat with IceWeasel.

I can totally hear your post in a tranny voice.

>only
Ungoogled chromium.

Just installed icecat, any comfy setup recommendations?

>they mean windows and mac binaries
Yeah but what's the point, you're already inside the botnet. Not like some browser will make any difference.

I just want a browser which isn't outdated in terms of security patches or whatever, actually respects my privacy so there's a minimal amount of settings to tweak, and works decently well and fast.

But it doesn't fucking exist.

If you can't read a 10 second long text... then yes, it does not exist. And never will.

>adnauseam
Who gives a shit

What's wrong with using a Blink based browser? Does the web engine really make a difference with regards to privacy?

I'm thinking about switching from Firefox Nightly to IceCuck, but I need to know some things first.
How often does it break websites? I would like to every site to work on my browser.
Does addons like ublock origin or privacy badger are necessary to IceCat?
Since it's based on a very stable version of FF, could it be vulnerable to old exploits?
Ok, you don't have Mozilla checking your stuff, but does it really protects you from sites that actively tries to get your information?

>How often does it break websites? I would like to every site to work on my browser.
If you keep LibreJS enabled, nothing will work.
If you disable it, all sites should work.

What the...

>neocities
sure

Moz://a trannies would like you to believe that using even a single line of Google code is no different from just installing proprietary Chrome and logging into your Google account.
It's all bullshit. The web engine makes no real difference, and if you can find a nice Chromium fork (Ungoogled, Iridium, Brave, upcoming Dissenter Browser), you'll be fine.

gitlab.com/SparrowOchon/FXRMP

Not mine but it works. Firefox-esr security with icecat privacy I had to disable the fingerprinting protection as Firefox broke rendering of videos when Its enabled to try and prevent people from doing it.

Won't Blink rely on chrome extensions, meaning there will always be a tie to the extension store that Blink based browsers will have to sever? Also, recently there were some limitations that were going to be implemented which would render extensions like uBlock Origin useless, what happened with that, and isn't that implemented on the Web engine level?

It runs an outdated version of esr. Don't use stock icecat if you care about security

What a mess.

Yes and no. The extensions are indeed Chrome extensions, and you can download them from the regular extension store website. You can also install them direct from the extension developer and do it manually. As for the ban on adblockers, I don't know how other forks will deal with it, but Brave currently and Dissenter Browser when it comes out have adblocking functionality built directly into the browser. No extension, it's just a builtin feature. I seem to remember some brave developer stating that this would be unaffected by Chrome/Chromium's decisions on the matter of Adblockers.

I'm trying to install this in a sandbox now. Can't see how you would pull icecats privacy into Firefox ESR without breaking esr.Let's see how shit this is.

Alright lads, unironically, all memery aside: IceCat is a good browser
I use it as my daily driver on mobile (Lineage, no GApps) and desktop (GNU Plus Loonix), and both are great
I highly recommend it, especially in light of Firefox's nosediving quality, don't listen to the shitlords

Attached: 1557307621343.jpg (640x420, 42K)

See

Based

Nice job replying to your own post faggot.

>its an outdated firefox
youdontsay.jpg

I'm actually surprised this shit works. Only works on Debian though apparently but none the less it works for most settings I disabled the privacy fingerprinting so its kinda counter intuitive.

Not him but why use it then thats just flat autism

OP is a lying sack of shit. If you tweak the about:config that same author says it's not spyware, same category as icefox

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

Be calm my dude, we seek only to share the icy feline goodness

Attached: Screenshot_20190508-230544_Clover.png (1080x1920, 249K)

Lmao russia has banned tor
U fucking jelly

>b-b-but the spyware can be removed if you follow the guide

so basically it's like ungoogled chromium but for firefox? based on my limited research, icecat is just a bunch of patches and a script which configures and compiles firefox with more freedom oriented settings, is that right?
also, how are the releases managed? supposedly, the most recent desktop version is 60.3.0, but on f-droid you get 60.5.1
not sure what's going on

That's literally what icecat did you autist. They took FF and tweaked it. Why get an outdated browser with someone else's tweaks, when I can take FF, which is open source, and make my own privacy customization.

Icecat is based on gnuzilla not firefox
There are two layers of free software teams, u niggers

>icecat is just a bunch of patches and a script which configures and compiles firefox with more freedom oriented settings, is that right?
Yeah, basically. It's ESR Firefox, with some extra addons.

How about this.

Instead of some fork, just have a community maintained script which activates all the settings needed to make Firefox acceptable, and then run it when needed.

Did you ever look at their code you chink. They pull Firefox esr 60.3 and change settings and then rebuild. All changes are to Firefox esr build. Gnuzilla is a suite to emulate Mozilla's suite. Being part of gnuzilla doesn't mean shit.

This does exactly what icecat does except using the latest Firefox esr with icecat privacy settings and no branding. Code is automatically updated weekly using gitlabs runner it seems from icecats repos.

user.js already exists, idiot.

>b-b-but all icecat done was to change a value out of firefox and then called it icecat

Attached: aB0rqGx_700b.jpg (700x692, 39K)

Never heard of it. Explain. Also, link?

>for windows
youre hopeless

Nice shill. But this is just taking icecats settings.js and porting it. Icecat rebuilds firefox esr from source.

user.js is where all your about:config settings are stored in Firefox, and a privacy oriented template of it is hosted on github. Go to the Firefox link in OP's post, then to the mitigation guide. Read everything, the links are at the bottom.

Why the fuck can't I install Smart HTTPS or Vimium-FF

Icecat requires a gecko Id while Firefox does not so by default most addons that dont have a mobile port won't work. Also its outdated since Firefox isn't on gecko anymore so plugin makers won't bother.

>Firefox isn't on gecko anymore
Wow, wow, wow, wow...
What?
What's it on now?

Just use Waterfox, bro.
>legacy add-ons
>no clown world devs
>no botnet (unless you consider automatically checking for updates to be botnet)
>heavyweight themes

It's not Blink or anything, so relax. It's just Gecko fused with some stable portions of Servo (a web engine designed from scratch by Mozilla written in Rust). That's what the "Quantum" part of the newest Firefox is all about: the portions of stable Servo code.

Quantum. You can manually go to each plugin repo and try to PR the change or apply the privacy settings manually to Firefox esr given you won't be able to catch all of them since activity-stream is compiled by icecat to remove the telemetry. It seems that some user posted a script that takes care of that too though. So try that.

Script mentioned here: