SystemD creator is trying to defamate AMD CPUs

techpowerup.com/255294/some-amd-processors-have-a-hardware-rng-bug-losing-randomness-after-suspend-resume

Leonard Pottery is at it again.

Also
>Beema A6, in the year of our lord two thou sand and nine teen
Kekus-fucking-maximus. Is THIS "the power of Linux"?

Attached: 1552594022716.png (1080x1920, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FiloSottile/status/1125840275346198529
techspot.com/review/1829-intel-core-i5-9400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-2600x/
techspot.com/review/1655-core-i7-8700k-vs-ryzen-7-2700x/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux50-spectre-meltdown&num=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>lain
>anti-systemd
>pro AMD

Attached: painthuff.jpg (480x270, 15K)

>blaming others for your shitty software

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Attached: Bait.gif (400x254, 1.43M)

>CPUs have a bug that cause their randomness generators to generate bits that aren't random
Sounds like a good thing to "defamate" them over

>A6
>Beema

Attached: 1544024034643.jpg (193x228, 4K)

>doesn't affect Zen/Ryzen
Wow, it's nothing.

>RdRand
>an uninspectable entropy generator built into CPUs that nobody in their right mind trusts exclusively
>is buggy
you don't say

twitter.com/FiloSottile/status/1125840275346198529

AHAHAHAHGAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHGAHGAHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGAHHAHAHGAAGAGAGAGAGAGAGHAGAHHAHHHHH

BEE
TEA
EEF
OOF

Attached: 1542390476657.jpg (450x450, 38K)

systemd did nothing wrong

Except for existing, that is.

pootering absolutely destroyed

AYY LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Leonardo Pottery.png (564x84, 373K)

What a glownigger

Leonart Pottering, who's name you misspelled, faggot, is a computer programing genius and knows what he is talking about.

Leonardo, you forgot to enter the tripcode and log in, once again.

underage lurk more before posting

TOP KEK XD

Attached: AYF.jpg (500x375, 41K)

damn, this guy seems like a pro in the field i'm interested in
how to achieve them skills bros?

SystemD made linux management newbie friendly so neckbeards system admins are seething

yeah it single handedly obsoleted their bash knowledge, they've become entirely replaceable

Systemd was never good.

>implying that he didn't design the init system together with intel and FBI in the first place

Attached: blackholeretard.jpg (478x523, 11K)

>oh, and look how of course he himself closed the bug claiming it's unlikely systemd at fault, as always

kek nice cryptographer you have there google

ohnononono

Attached: firefox_2019-05-08_18-34-22.jpg (818x218, 28K)

Hey there little buddy, I've been looking for you everywhere.

techspot.com/review/1829-intel-core-i5-9400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-2600x/

techspot.com/review/1655-core-i7-8700k-vs-ryzen-7-2700x/

Attached: image.jpg (1324x2868, 415K)

It made it hardware friendly. You can't rely on "minimal" init systems that only does init and nothing else.

when will poettering go to rehab to fix his hotheadedness?

>Jow Forums
>hates nvidia for not conforming to linux standards
>hates systemd because amd is not conforming to linux standards
hmmmmmmmmm

>muhhh gaymes!!! Look this cpu gets 4% better fps!!!
Nobody cares retard, go back to /v/

that's why shell scripts exist

I hate systemd because it's a bloated pile of shit who dindu nuthin as far as goyttering is concerned

cope

Nah, systemd has been, is currently, and will continue to be a huge steamy pile of dogshit and make the loonix community an embarrassment for all. No amount of hand holding from AMD can fix that.

That SEETHING tripfaggot is the same one who said 90-100C temps on inhell processors is "perfectly fine and normal"

So he found and determined the cause of the bug. Good boy!

So Wayland is also shit because nvidia won't hand hold them? This is your logic here.

It doesn't have AMD at all, you're stuck with LakeLake.

If you shill InTelAviv processors because they grt 10fps over competing AMD processors in fucking video games, you are a manchild and should leave the board. Games are for children, if you use that as your primary benchmark for a CPU then just gtfo off this board forever

this

If Intel processors perform better than AMD, they do and nothing you say can change that no matter how much you want it to not be said in places where you can read it.

Yeah you just have to disabled the 30+ crippling security mitigations which cut SSD performance literally in fucking half :^).

Attached: meltdown_crystal_disk_mark_6_4k_read_q32_t1_broadwell_xps13_corei5-100747467-large.jpg (700x421, 33K)

Seething manchild

Cool diagram, kid.

I'm not the one in denial and want people gone so I can stay deluded. :)

>It's the end of the world when it's an intel bug
>Noone uses it anyway so it doesn't matter when it's an AMD bug
AMDrones...

RdRand is an instruction set that both AMD and Intel implement you mong, idgaf about implementation details some black box CSRNG is never to be trusted, which is why linux and openbsd have it disabled by default and when it is enabled it's mixed with other entropy sources.

Here, have another one. Really fucking cool how SSD performance is just masacred using a superior intel©®™ processor, huh?

Attached: 950_Atto.png (1316x1634, 85K)

AMD FAGGOTS BTFO YET AGAIN! ahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHA!

really cool that you're the only dumb faggot that keeps posting the same pictures over and over again, not even bothering to change the filenames, which confirms you're the only source for this comical level of retardation. consider suicide as soon as possible, AMD cock sucking mongol.

He's right though, you're LITERALLY FORCED to choose security or performance on an intel system now. Intel is basically unusable on linux at this point.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux50-spectre-meltdown&num=1

>Wayland is also shit
Yes, but not because
>nvidia won't hand hold them

AMD: HIBERNATION KILLS THE RNG!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

based

>it's just one person
You're a mentally ill schizo retard if you actually believe this.

Attached: 850_Atto.png (1316x1634, 71K)

Attached: ballmer.png (1184x819, 22K)

Nobody trusts hardware RNGs, you fucking retard. Everyone avoids it or mixes it with another entropy source, only systemd devs are retarded enough to use it as the only entropy source.

>kernel dictates how CPU instructions work
Are you fucking retarded? Yes, this is bad CPU behavior but there is no "linux standard" involved.

And actually, the Linux standard is to consider CPU RNGs as potentially insecure and not trust the values obtained from them.

It's got at least two things in common with you, then!

...what.

Attached: 1547054263652.jpg (540x720, 33K)

No surprises there.
The sad thing is the Lennart does work hard churning out a ton of code for which he could be a respected figure but his inability to take on criticism from experts makes him and his code a danger to everyone.

Attached: Linusrektsystemd.jpg (553x334, 148K)

Nice Lain.

Attached: Lain_leaves_dungeon_of_victims.png (1080x1920, 988K)

Yet another reason to hate Poettering with a passion.

Attached: 1265344625026.jpg (370x300, 15K)

As someone who could never into init scripts, because I was too nubile to ever mess with them, and someone who has recently started messing with writing services and timers, I am willing to say that it is very easy to write services and timers with systemd.

Systemd-boot also seems to work very reliably and can automatically detect windows 10 installs which makes it easy to install linux after windows and dual boot.

I can agree that a giant binary doing so many things is not the best solution, and using it I am convinced that it is easy to configure and easy to use.

The article has nothing to do with defaming anyone or with linux or any other kernel.
It's just another example of Lennart being totally based.

Attached: 1511488704756.jpg (348x348, 17K)

how is babby formed?

Attached: babby.jpg (385x383, 19K)

I thought it was always a terrible idea to trust hardware rngs?

Let's love lain.
openRC is kino.
AMD is king.