When will you embrace SFF?

When will you embrace SFF?

Attached: DeskMini-StandardFan.jpg (600x470, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus_x/
smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/chimera-industries-cerberus-the-18l-matx-usa-made-enclosure.454/post-117480
youtube.com/watch?v=a9ISkp7m5sU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>intard CPU
nah, I'm good

ok here you go

Attached: 2019-03-27-image-2.jpg (3840x2160, 451K)

I have over 20TB of storage, so not gonna happen for me anytime soon unless NAS prices get reasonable.

No never again. Cmos battery is hard to access.

I'm already embracing the SFF lyfe and it's comfy.
t. optipleb fag

Am I crazy or am I not seeing any SATA ports here? Is it only M.2?

get with the times granpa

can't even remember the last time I checked a CMOS battery and I work repairing computers.
Stop messing with it.

I think they are on the back. Either way, this barebones can hold two 2.5" drives.

Spinning rust still wins in my book. Solid state is only for OS partitions and thin clients which these SFF boards are.

For the next SFF thread we should design a new ITX motherboard standard that is a bit smaller and gets rid of all the bloat.

Preaching to the choir bud. 6700 and 980 with 4 hard drives in a 11.5L case. Runs like a dream and I can easily take it with me if I need to work on a project with someone.

Attached: IMG_2655[1].jpg (968x1296, 529K)

Never. There are two possible situations:
Either I don't need to be portable, so I buy a normal sized tower with an ATX board with good price/performance, cooling and space for drives or:
I need to be portable so I buy a laptop

Attached: medium.jpg (300x300, 54K)

When it reaches feature parity with ATX and EATX boards.

Attached: 1116190621771812865.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

hello, hello

Attached: Raspberry-Pi-3-Model-BPlus.jpg (2048x1365, 304K)

SATA is on the back. It is legacy so gets relegated to the other side

Attached: Screenshot_20190508_173910.jpg (1080x1172, 55K)

I don't think I will, unless I decide to build a living room HTPC. Even then I won't switch my main computer to SFF, there's basically no advantage to it for me.

Bye performance.

Space is not at a premium at my desk and I have no need for a HTPC device.

The DeskMini is very based in the AMD version.
I have a DanCase already, so no """""need""""" for another SFF case.

>mfw just got one with a 200GE
>mfw upgrading four years from now to 3400G that I got for 30 bucks

Attached: 1448809486331.jpg (500x376, 65K)

when people stop referencing it as "SUH-FFFFFFF"

I was planning to use an M.2 to PCI-e adapter, to add a small graphics card.
Sadly they have not released any good low-profile cards lately. I was hoping for something like an RTX2050 to be released for SFF and OEM.

I'd love to build SFF, but then I realized that I can't live without 4 dimm slots and 8 sata ports.

Also, fucking ITX boards cost more than my full ATX behemoth.

When i will be able to fit a 3 fan card in it

i have an ncase coming tomorrow

Attached: 1530813595138.gif (270x270, 972K)

which is completely fine for most users. personally, i have 5 hdds in my rig but none of my friends or relatives are hoarders so i build systems that are smol and efficient.

It's expensive and you can't make a decent gaming setup with a reasonable overclock without picking one of the mini tower cases, which aren't even that much smaller than a regular old ATX case.

They aren't even that portable when you factor in a monitor and peripherals.

In 2012.

But I have.

This is unironically my main PC.

Attached: lenovo-images.jpg (1060x596, 92K)

What's the fucking point? If you want something slow and portable, buy a fucking laptop. There was a time when we mocked computers like these because they were glued on the back of monitors in offices.

Why do people take pride in showing their retardation and lack of understanding of other use-cases than their owns?

Because I'm finicky about using power bricks as main power. I enjoy having a proper ATX or even SFX power supply.

Go back to /v/ you butthurt gaymer kid

Some use-cases are retarded and deserve to be mocked.

that's what she said ?

>his PC is a christmas tree

You dont need access to it. Almost all motherboards since like 2012 have a CMOS jumper pinout

Did they hurt your feelings? SFFtard

Attached: 1547248539046.gif (350x409, 437K)

And what use cases would that even be? What use does one have for a horridly underpowered PC the size of a book?

Anything under 20L is SFF. The sliger Cerberus X, around the size of a slim microatx prebuilt workstation chassis, is sff. Fits atx boards, sfx psus, and full sized gpus, although nothing tall fits so that limits your selection of tower coolers, so the best option is an AIO or large top down cooler like a noctua c14s with the perforated side panel.

already did, been using this bad boy here for 2 years already

Attached: 71pEMHCr-4L._SX425_.jpg (425x423, 16K)

>I can easily take it with me if I need to work on a project with someone.
Can you really, though? Have you? Be honest.

>underpowered
Underpowered doesn't mean anything in a vacuum. Hardware can only be underpowered if it can't run the required software well.

Everything that isn't games and photo/video work.

The only problem with SFFPCs is cooling the CPU if you have power hungry one. But many you can just stick an AIO in. Even the dancase a4 could take the 92mm aio which worked fine for most CPUs

I have, although my case isn't exactly small

Attached: Lian Li PC-Y6.jpg (1000x1000, 158K)

wow a raspberry pi case that doesn't look like shit

I'd rather go for a more standard ITX build. If STX ever becomes more standard with a wider range of boards and cases available i might consider it.

To be honest it kind of its into my long term plan of shifting all my computing muscle to a home server, and remote all my games, crunching, encoding, etc.

>Anything under 20L is SFF. The sliger Cerberus X, around the size of a slim microatx prebuilt workstation chassis, is sff
The Cerberus X isn't under 20L.

Yes, I've worked on a music video in a city 3 hours away. Bought it with me and cut a loose version of the video together with the talent over the weekend.

sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus_x/

19.43 Liters

smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/chimera-industries-cerberus-the-18l-matx-usa-made-enclosure.454/post-117480

when i can afford the supermicro epyc 3251

is that an asmr reference?

Tried that shit, it was dumb as fuck, loud as fuck, hot as fuck, hard as fuck to work on, and generally more expensive for worse hardware. There is literally no reason to go with ITX over mATX unless you are actually space limited.

Maybe after I'm not paying a premium for a hot and loud system with no real benefits.

sg05 + 120mm slim noctua
3770s, igpu disabled, passive cooler
40C idle, 75C load
wx3100 fan at 500rpm

almost dead silent
you were doing somethig wrong

Sure, silent when you aren't really using any of the hardware. Do some 3D rendering or something and it'll sound like a fucking jet engine.

Although, with a piddly little GPU like that I bet it's entirely possible it could stay cool with the fan locked at 500RPM.

>When will you embrace SFF?
>76db idle

I've asked embraced SFF. Got a 6700K + GTX 1070 in a Lazer3D LZ7. After having it for a few years, I find it inconvenient having to redo all my cable management just to clean out the dust. Probably going to slightly size up to a Sliger SM550 or SM560 when I do a full upgrade in a year or two.

>retard poorfag CPU
no thanks faggot

? Where's the gpu?

Already did senpai

Attached: thumb_492455_product_catalog_large[1].jpg (500x333, 61K)

Best we might get is GTX 1650

you ah .. got a problem there champ?

With what?

just get a mac mini

>Almost nothing plugged in

There isn't even RAM, but so what? We're discussing the case, not its contents.

That's the SG13 isn't it

I wanted to get this case for my own upcoming sff build but there just aren't any mini ITX AM4 motherboads available below 100 bucks which is such a shame

youtube.com/watch?v=a9ISkp7m5sU

I'll roll with this one now instead since it's roughly similar and should still be transportable enough in a mid-sized luggage item

I already have ncase m1 and enjoy it.

Can I jam a ryzen based on into an old imac g4 desktop chassis?

I don't know if the base is large enough for a mini ITX board, you'll be cutting it close for sure

Attached: file.png (592x444, 454K)

Wtf is Ultra M.2?

PCIe 3.0 x4

It's just what Asrock calls their PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slots.

Their PCIe 3.0 2x slots are just M.2

when it runs CAD in 4k and does renders plus its own fea.

Attached: 1555898879462-v.jpg (952x1200, 139K)

>deskmini
>200GE

What made you decide on the 200ge over the 2200g? I want to do a similar build but it's only a $35 difference.

>60% of applications won't build from src

what are you overcompensating for?

>not having a rackmount cabinet
Go big or go home.

it's the best I could with an i5-2400 do for $160

Attached: 411+og-HHBL.jpg (500x500, 27K)

When SFF could fit more than 8HDDs.

I like SFF shit and could turn my current box into a NAS
But that means I'd be spending money on something which doesn't improve my life. If I was going to go SFF PC it would be to have something more powerful with me when I travel, and rather than carry around a SFF PC + portable monitor I'd rather just have a laptop.
The SFF PCs don't throttle as hard, don't save much money (or any at all) vs a laptop and are less convenient.

I really like the concept of Mini-ITX and tiny cases, but I need too many drive bays and PCI-e cards for me to use it myself.

Attached: 1549582105759.jpg (425x564, 40K)

>sff watercooled PC
>40c degrees idle in 17c room, tops out at under 70c under load
>sub-ambient in my apartment block the entire time

I mean when you build your PC around the biggest dual-fan radiator you can find, it's borderline small form factor, but it's still under 18 litres and it's still insanely powerful.

(8086k and 1080ti with a 1tb nvme, 2tb sata ssd, and 10tb of spinning media storage)

The only way I know my computer is off is when I hear the hard drive spinning down during shutdown, or when doing heavy read/writes

>11.5L
>SFF
No

>cuckboxes
no thanks

Nothing, I bought it because it looked like a yacht. Plus I needed a mITX case anyway for the Lemote build I never got around to.

I guess since there's a thread about small cases I can ask this here

what are my options if I want an ITX system with at least two (three would be better) 3.5" drive bays?

Attached: I'm puzzled by this cactus.jpg (451x716, 77K)

I'm looking for an inexpensive case that could be a true desktop (lie under monitor) but maybe also stand as a tower. I really need many HDDs so it can be up to a size of small matx case even if I'll use a mitx motherboard.

Simple Form Factor?

Cooler Master Elite 130

>small form factor
Sorry, I'm an adult that doesn't love in a shoebox or cuckshed

When I'm homeless or poor. Not happened yet.

>Kodak Gold
>Shit tier scanner
Stop pretending you have projects.

Advertising it or its like a coping mechanism to reinforce that they made the right decision because they have doubts. The stupid nicknames for everything, the anger displayed towards everything else, I think that means they regret buying them. A normal person doesn't care, I was just wondering what sff was. Its crazy people apparently.