FUCK STREAMING

zdnet.com/article/the-end-of-blu-ray/

>Besides, as ReelGood, a company, which tracks streaming services, recently observed Netflix and the like don't actually have that many movies in their libraries. Amazon has the most with 12,764, followed by Netflix with 3,861, and Hulu with 1,646. Even with all those titles there's little crossover between them and what's actually available changes at the beginning of every month.

>This means that to make sure you can stream the most popular recent movies, you need subscriptions to all three services. Oh, make that four, with Disney launching its own streaming channel, with exclusive rights to Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel Cinematic Universe films, you'll probably want to subscribe to it as well.

Attached: blu-ray-183322915.jpg (2400x1807, 642K)

well fuck you too

paying for media is gay as fuck tbqh

imagine paying for blurays
imagine paying for streaming
imagine paying for some hollywood crap or pozzed tv shows

based

i can't reliable recall when i last time watched a new movie. that was probably 9 or 10 years ago so i don't have to care :D

Get a cheap fat HDD and torrent everything you fucking plebs. Use Tixati.

And go for QUALITY, high bitrate rips, none of that 5GB and under wank or you'll just get shitty Jewtube/Streaming quality shite.

>FUCK STREAMING
No, it's a good thing.
Fragmentation of streaming services will lead to the next golden age of priacy.
Nobody's going to pay for all of them so even normalfags will resort to piracy.

> bluray is dead because samsung aren't selling enough players in the US market
aHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAh
> zdnet
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA@!!!!!!1
> streaming is killing blurays!
aHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAh

>"Thanks to tape and optical media, I've been able to do that. Soon, my ability to watch them will be crippled. "
> WILL BE CRIPPLED!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa. the only fucking thing crippled out of this is the fucking author. what a stupid dribbling spastic. people that post zdnet stories and take them seriously really should be taken out into a field and shot in the face.

i wish

If we're talking big budget movies, they're garbage 9 out of 10 times, because they're made for 90IQ people, because it's easy money.

There are a few good ones here and there, but you really need to have a lot of time to sift through all the crap.

So yeah, I'd stick with older critic approved classics or foreign/European movies, if you have someone who can give you good recommendations.

>Fragmentation of streaming services will lead to the next golden age of priacy.
This. However we should call it diamond age.

I actually buy some blu-rays, I like owning physical copies
I mostly just pirate though

Pirate Bay will rise bigger than ever and thanks to bitcoin and other crypto they can save up to keep the site up. This fragmented movie shit is beyond a mess.
>inb4 how poor are you
I run x299 and 2 1080Ti in sli I got money, but fuck all these accounts needed. Can’t wait for 4K copy’s to start flying around. My only problem with torrents is they have such bit rare sometimes

In 10 years theres disney and google.
The only way to watch something is stream it to a google stevia that doesn't allow copying the data.

>Samsung is in the red
>Cuts down product lines
>muh end of blu ray
click bait. don't forget to S&R.

streaming is so much better than disks

My main problem with streaming is the shit quality, but i have a feeling they'll be improving the bitrate and quality as it becomes more and more popular. My ideal world would be purchasing mkv online and being able to download them locally

>I run x299 and 2 1080Ti in sli I got money,
oh wow he has two whole gpus, what a wealthy person

Torrents/piracy: FREE, great quality that matches blu-ray (if you know where to look), you actually get to KEEP things, all films/shows can conveniently be kept on one HDD/SSD, and you can use a free media server for the entire home. No money goes to (((hollywood))).

Streaming: Absolute shit, lower image quality, you pay an overpriced monthly fee for a VERY limited selection of films that constantly change.

Blu-ray: Fucking expensive but great quality and you at least own the films, but physicals discs are primitive shit, take up space, and a pain to use.

Clearly torrents are the best. This isn't debatable. Any other opinion is irrelevant as only a utter brainlet would champion something else over torrents.

Imagine paying for movies you don't physically own lmao

I would buy a shit load of blu rays if it was doable to rip all of them so i can just have them on my computers and stream them around my house. I know its not too much work to rip most blu rays but i want to be able to rip 4k not just 1080

>bluray is dead because samsung aren't selling enough players in the US market
And Samsung is not even the biggest Blu-ray player manufacturer, Sony has the whole Blu-ray market on their hands kek

Who the fuck buys tv shows and movies on dvd or bluray? You mostly watch it, what, 1 or 2 times then it collects dust on a shelf.

>Not sailing the 7 seas to stream
>Pay money like a good corporate goy
Wow

>but i have a feeling they'll be improving the bitrate and quality as it becomes more and more popular.
Why would they tho? Normalfags can't even notice the difference between blurays and Netflix and unironically fall for their 4K scam that unironically looks worse than a upscaled 1080p bluray. Improving the bitrate would be just a waste of money.

i saw a lot of discussion about how shitty one of the recent game of thrones episodes that was very dark was due to the streaming quality so at least some people care and are vocal about it. Also with the number of streaming services popping up now i could easily see one of them going with the we're higher quality than the competition approach, or at least higher quality tiers. Netflix already does that with 4k

I have never not found what I wanted with perfect quality on The Pirate Bay or nyaa.si. Streaming is just a big meme for turbo normies that shit their pants when they hear the word "torrent".

amazon should buy netflix and hulu so bezos can become lex luther

George Soros is already an important shareholder in all these companies, but most notably in Netflix.

i know you're being ironic and he's probably larping but you can't not be wealthy if you buy 2 1080tis and don't starve month after.

>proprietary
lmoa

ITT: Retards who hate BluRays.
Where do you fucktards think your rips come from?
Streams are way too compressed.

Attached: 4d2fae36.gif (280x250, 2.8M)

>Disney launching its own streaming channel, with exclusive rights to Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel Cinematic Universe films, you'll probably want to subscribe to it as well

Attached: gay-junkie-having-a-laugh.gif (160x160, 528K)

>Tixati.
BRO HOOF / )

more like
>imagine paying when some autists at 3000km from you will buy them, rip them, waste their life to get top quality then upload them for free in the internet
>Streams are way too compressed
why would you want to watch dogshit movies in HDR10 4k dolby atmos anyways?
everything that comes out hollywood nowadays is worthless, only vfx keep improving and yet most movies still has shitty ones
everything is either a marketing shit to sell derivated products or a progressist cesspool or both
pop culture hit bottom during these last 2 decades, not that it was really good before but atleast we could see them trying to make good movies, now they don't hide it anymore and don't give a single fuck.

I'd like books to come back as the number one (or two) cultural source, we would live in a better world...

And of course high definition rereleases of classics don't exist? You wanna watch that old favorite of yours on VHS for the rest of your life?

t. zoomer subhuman