Slackware

Why isn't it more popular?
It's unironically the best.

Attached: slacklogo2.jpg (211x41, 4K)

>ease of use = quality, guys!

Most people dont want to setup sboinstall and think that its outdated since its so old. Also, its soo bloated it makes some people not want to use it.
Its a Based Boomer SysAdmun distro anyways and i love it all the same.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-07-19-07-42.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

Most people dont want to setup sboinstall and think that its outdated since its so old. Also, its soo bloated it makes some people not want to use it.
Its a Based Boomer SysAdmin distro anyways and i love it all the same.

Attached: 1556862136217.jpg (568x690, 49K)

Too based and redpilled

I've used things that were based off of it when I was first getting into Loonix and had a computer that was too shitty to run contemporary Ubuntu (like really shitty, I couldn't even run Hardy Heron). I didn't really have a problem with "it", but I bet it's totally different now since it's been over 10 years

I've used it for years. Had no real problems with it that weren't caused by me in the first place, unlike every other distro out there.
However, I can't bring myself to use it anymore. I like systemd. Can't live without the systemd. Gotta have the system d.

>I like systemd.

Best distro!
I hope 15 come out this year

>no dependency management

Attached: shrekscrot.png (800x800, 413K)

Why would you use it over Gentoo?

boomer points, alienbobpoints, free yous om linuxquestions

I don't merely like systemd. I love systemd. I desire systemd. I must have systemd! systemd is life and to be without systemd is to die.

I agree 100%

Attached: screenFetch-2019-05-08_16-18-07.png (1920x1080, 735K)

The cool thing about slackware is it just werks. People often think its „difficult“, but honestly I found it super simple. Of course you don‘t get spoonfeed and yes, you should take your time and read about packages every now and then.

I had slack and mint on dual boot for some time. Slack for learning and everyday stuff, mint whenever I don‘t want to fuck arround with stuff and just install some shit without „muh libre“ or „muh depencies“.

But I would encourage everyone to spend some time with Slack, its gorgeous.

The nice thing I've noticed about slackware is it seems to have humans for users, actual people.

nest of subgenius detected

>pls help how do install apache on ubuntu sir doesnt work
distros ranging from arch to mint are full of pajeets, retards, or elitist asking for help. Slackware users are actually normal

the Slackware forum on LQ is basically indistinguishable from a Facebook group full of 40+ year olds

Gentoo is too complex, Slack keep it simple.
Get slack.

Nice m8, I used to have Slackware current setup with openbox kinda like that too, without the desktop icons though, through the beginning of 2016, up to when my harddisk was having errors in January 4th 2018 (RIP). I ended upgrading to a 1terabyte drive and Installed Artix, I kinda miss Slackware though.

I had it way before too, but with xfce

>SDR shit

Omega Boomer.

Cucumber Linux will replace Slackware. Mark my words.