Ryzen DRAM Calc

New Ryzen Dram calc, ver 1.5.0
overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-5-0-overclocking-dram-am4-membench-0-6-dram-bench.html

techpowerup.com/255229/announcing-dram-calculator-for-ryzen-v1-5-0-with-an-integrated-benchmark

Attached: 1534437407642.png (8597x7288, 1.13M)

haven't messed with it in a long while.
>Motherboards vary by memory slot topology, and DRAM Calculator for Ryzen can now be told what topology your board has, so it can better tune settings such as procODT and RTT. The author also de-cluttered the main screen to improve ease of use. Among the under-the-hood changes are improved SoC voltage prediction for each generation of Ryzen. The main timing calculation and prediction algorithms are improved with the addition of the likes of GDM prediction. Also added is support for 4-DIMM system configurations. A bug in which the imported HTML profiles were automatically assumed to be specific to Samsung b-die mode. A number of minor changes were made, detailed in the change-log below.

looks awesome.
been meaning to redo my mem OC and this was a good motivator

Attached: 1549549230325.jpg (640x476, 43K)

it's actually version 1.5.0.5
tpu's link has the latest version.

old screenshot.
this has been rock solid for 5 or 6 months now.
I was close to getting a cl14, but kept getting errors oat 1000%ish and memtest86 was letting me know that I was fucking up something real bad there. Haven't updated to the latest bios yet, I wonder how much further I can push this now.

Attached: 3200 cl16.png (1920x1080, 262K)

Can I expect better results with a 2700x? I currently ahve a 1700. Is zen+ IMC any different? I haven't had any luck with the calculator past it's suggested safe settings.

>CL16
>GearDownMode enabled
Hahahaha! Could you be any more of a timinglet, user?

Attached: worm.png (462x450, 173K)

Did you miss the 4x8 dimms 32gb?
Besides, it can do pic related unstable. Lost the 3600 boot screenshots.
and this was all before agesa updates.

>GearDownMode enabled
you really, really, undeaniably, clearly, have no clue wtf you're talking about.

Attached: 3466 windows boot @1.4v.png (442x432, 86K)

not to mention I'm prouder of the secondaries and tertiaries. The higher freq OC attempts were messing them up real bad. This one has them clean and textbook. And it's also memtest86 stable. The cl14 I think I could do something there, but couldn't get past memtest86 -- even though I could get 16 threads up to a 1000% on mem test64. Maybe it was safe-ish, but definetely not rock solid. I also have a nasty hole for 3266 freq. Got a lot further with 3466 tests than with 3266. No mem test screenies there, only the min post for those. This is over or almost 6 months old. I already forgot most of the stuff I was doing anyway.

Attached: 3466 min 1.285_retry.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

yes, mem tweaking is a lot easier on zen+
I'm still on a compromise. x470 mobo with a 1700x, folks with a 2700x were having better results than myself even with a x370 motherboard, in that Overclockers bred. And naturally, even better with 470 and ryzen+

That will be nice then.

hm, I thought I had it posting at 3600. Maybe I was selectively misremembering. I doubt very much I would have deleted those screenshots. Anyway,. it can post at [email protected] -- but those are definetely only for testing purposes. never went past the 3466 tweaks, which I gave up on halfway to go find a stable 3200, and work upwards from there. Which I never did. Kinda lost the drive.

Attached: 3533 min post @1.39.jpg (1024x768, 164K)

wait, this looks like it was promising.
at 3266. I dunno why I decided I hated that particular freq. the subtimings were also looking pretty decent. I know i went of the deep end of tCKE 9 for a lot of tests.

and for (you) geardown disabled there. But you still won't know what that really means ;)

Attached: 3266 cl14 100%.png (1545x1042, 554K)

any word on how X570 and Zen 2 are going to handle RAM?

>X570
Does this have anything to do with RAM? Isn't RAM handled by the CPU?

mostly. but don't forget bios updates (370 will eol before the 470, and so on) or even some other circuitry, minor or substancial, rework on the motherboard itself at the hardware level, and certainly on the chipset.

Huh, wasn't aware this was a thing.
Have had 2400MHz 16-16-18-36 RAM for a while, might just see what I can do.

the people at that oc.net thread are very helpful, and most of them really know their stuff. 1usmus as well. That is an awesome read if anything. I also doubt you can get better info for ryzen ram oc anywhere else on the internet.

I have 3200 cl16, 1.35v safe mode cjr settings from the calc, but i didn't test it with memory testing programs
I can do 3600 cl16@ over 1.4v but that's to much for me
Still proud that i got a cjr kit for only 120€ last year

I have very shit RAM and I've managed to squeeze better timings out of it with the DRAM Calc. Worth it if you've got a few hours to spend on memory stability testing.

Test, don't skimp out.

If your memory is unstable, the best case scenario is a BSOD. The worst case scenario is rare BSOD but common bitflipping.

You really don't want random bits being flipped when writing data. Especially if you use a filesystem that doesn't do CRC checking/scrubbing.

How do I find out what memory type I have?
I don't want to calculate for type that I don't have

Taiphoon burner

I mean i have run some games and it didn't crash, the system runs 2 months non stop and everything seems fine. But u agree that i need to test it, the only problem i have is time and that my inner jew doesen't want to spend 10€ on karhu memtest

True, but I don't think the chipset has anything to do with RAM.

Bmup.